The evidence for Evolution.

Subduction Zone

Dec 17, 2012
✟230,461.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
Science explains how God created the earth, does it?

It explains how the Earth was formed. If you want to claim that God started the universe then that would be a consequence of that action.

Why do you try to tell God how he made the universe when the universe that he supposedly made disagrees with you?

Upvote 0

AV1611VET

SCIENCE CAN TAKE A HIKE
Site Supporter
Jun 18, 2006
Guam
✟4,910,519.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
You missed the point way back then. You made claims about other Christians so bad that if I still was a Christian that I would have likely have reported you.
Please ... by all means ... do so.

Get it off your chest.

Just be sure and find a post(s) that you're talking about.

Look hard.

Upvote 0

FrumiousBandersnatch

Mar 20, 2009
✟326,854.00
Faith
Atheist
Then give me your version of "Samsung" in your statement about invoking [a] God to explain 'anything and everything'?

If Ford-did-it can't explain Samsung, why are you inferring people claim God-did-it to explain 'anything and everything'?

As Split Rock (?) used to say here:

God did it, Fall did it, Flood did it doesn't explain it.

So even he admits two other explanations.
Are you seriously suggesting that people don't use God to explain the whole universe?

Upvote 0

AV1611VET

SCIENCE CAN TAKE A HIKE
Site Supporter
Jun 18, 2006
Guam
✟4,910,519.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
It explains how the Earth was formed.
I'm more interested in what you taught back then, than I am what science teaches today.

Why are you being so evasive?

Do you want me to drop it?
Subduction Zone said:
If you want to claim ...
What I claim is a matter of record ... an open book, so to speak.

I'm trying, in vain, to get you on record because of that doosey of a statement you made.

Upvote 0

dad

Undefeated!
Site Supporter
Jan 17, 2005
✟25,524.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
I see that you are totally confused. Don't worry. I W will be glad to help.
...verse erased that would give God's answer to you. God's word carefully selected and inspired to fit various issues is goading on the forum apparently now.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

AV1611VET

SCIENCE CAN TAKE A HIKE
Site Supporter
Jun 18, 2006
Guam
✟4,910,519.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Upvote 0

dad

Undefeated!
Site Supporter
Jan 17, 2005
✟25,524.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
When you can invoke a God to 'explain' anything and everything, 'God-did-it' becomes an empty mantra.

To a man with a hammer, everything looks like a nail...
Whether you like truth or not is your issue. What you invoke to try and comprehend the darkness and unknown is your business. If God is not used in understanding His creation, life, the future, or the beginning, you worship the creature more than the creator. You will end up concocting stories about where it all came from based on what was created rather than the creator. That is the name of the game in the evolution religion.

Upvote 0

AV1611VET

SCIENCE CAN TAKE A HIKE
Site Supporter
Jun 18, 2006
Guam
✟4,910,519.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Yes, so far as explaining the natural forces God used to create the Earth.
Then why do atheists, who use science like Christians use the Bible, still exist?

I submit science will lead them astray spiritually.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Speedwell

May 11, 2016
St Charles, IL
✟347,270.00
Country
United States
Faith
Other Religion
Marital Status
Married
Then why do atheists, who use science like Christians use the Bible, still exist?

You can submit all you like, but you clearly have no idea how atheists "use" science, and you have repeatedly demonstrated your ignorance of how Christians outside your own sect "use" the Bible.

Upvote 0

AV1611VET

SCIENCE CAN TAKE A HIKE
Site Supporter
Jun 18, 2006
Guam
✟4,910,519.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
You can submit all you like, but you clearly have no idea how atheists "use" science, and you have repeatedly demonstrated your ignorance of how Christians outside your own sect "use" the Bible.
I don't care how they use science.

I'm asking you why they still exist.

Is it because of science, or in spite of science?

Upvote 0

The Barbarian

Crabby Old White Guy
Apr 3, 2003
✟368,205.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Libertarian

Because there are dumb atheists, just like there are YEers. That doesn't mean that most atheists or most Christians are dumb.

I've seen a lot of young people, taught the false doctrines of YE creationists, have crises of faith when they learn that it can't possibly be true. Some of them lost their faith. YE creationism will have much to answer for at Judgement.

Often, a non-Christian knows something about the earth, the heavens, and the other parts of the world, about the motions and orbits of the stars and even their sizes and distances, … and this knowledge he holds with certainty from reason and experience. It is thus offensive and disgraceful for an unbeliever to hear a Christian talk nonsense about such things, claiming that what he is saying is based in Scripture. We should do all we can to avoid such an embarrassing situation, which people see as ignorance in the Christian and laugh to scorn.

The shame is not so much that an ignorant person is laughed at, but rather that people outside the faith believe that we hold such opinions, and thus our teachings are rejected as ignorant and unlearned. If they find a Christian mistaken in a subject that they know well and hear him maintaining his foolish opinions as based on our teachings, how are they going to believe these teachings in matters concerning the resurrection of the dead, the hope of eternal life, and the kingdom of heaven, when they think these teachings are filled with fallacies about facts which they have learnt from experience and reason.

Reckless and presumptuous expounders of Scripture bring about much harm when they are caught in their mischievous false opinions by those not bound by our sacred texts. And even more so when they then try to defend their rash and obviously untrue statements by quoting a shower of words from Scripture and even recite from memory passages which they think will support their case ‘without understanding either what they are saying or what they assert with such assurance.’ (1 Timothy 1:7)

St. Augustine answers the biblical literalists

This is the damage YE creationism does to us.

Reactions: Speedwell
Upvote 0

AV1611VET

SCIENCE CAN TAKE A HIKE
Site Supporter
Jun 18, 2006
Guam
✟4,910,519.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
This is the damage YE creationism does to us.
What's with picking on YECs?

Okay, so you saw a YEC have a faith crisis because of science.

Would you have one if science analyzed the DNA in your wafers and determined "no change"?

Or the ground that your "holy water" was poured out on wasn't as pure as the ground around it?

Upvote 0

Subduction Zone

Dec 17, 2012
✟230,461.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
...verse erased that would give God's answer to you. God's word carefully selected and inspired to fit various issues is goading on the forum apparently now.
Now, now, the moderator warned you about your abuse of the Bible. All you did was to make it look as if you that did not understand it.

Do you want to learn why the knowledge that we get from the sciences is deemed to be reliable?

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Subduction Zone

Dec 17, 2012
✟230,461.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single

What makes you think that the sciences can do that? It appears that your problem is that you assume that you are correct, rather than trying to learn if you are correct.

The scientific method is the most reliable way we have of testing our ideas. It is used by those that want to know rather than to merely believe.

Upvote 0

The Barbarian

Crabby Old White Guy
Apr 3, 2003
✟368,205.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Libertarian
What's with picking on YECs?

It's not "picking on them." It's noting that YE is responsible for a lot of people losing their faith. That's a serious concern.

Okay, so you saw a YEC have a faith crisis because of science.

Many of them.

Would you have one if science analyzed the DNA in your wafers and determined "no change"?

I have no faith in science. It has to have convincing evidence. Science doesn't work on faith.

Or the ground that your "holy water" was poured out on wasn't as pure as the ground around it?

You think holy water makes dirt holy? Seriously?

Upvote 0

Subduction Zone

Dec 17, 2012
✟230,461.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
Once again you were only demonstrating a desperate lack of understanding of the Bible. You were in effect abusing the book by spamming it. It is rather amazing when an atheist has more respect for the Bible than a Christian.

Upvote 0