Contributor
Jun 28, 2006
Alberta
✟26,223.00
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Private
HORSEFEATHERS !!! You have yet to prove bellydancing does not have merit. The burden of proof is on you ! ooooo, and my letters are BIGGER now, too ! :thumbsup:
Not Childish but Bellydancing is very good for the stomach!! :D

**if anyone wants to borrow 2 children you can reach me at 1 *** *** **** ;)
(No need to return them for 10 yrs)

Upvote 0

Mobiosity

American by birth; Southern by the grace of God.
Feb 20, 2007
✟11,055.00
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Private
What are the ethics of child free couples? I personally believe it is unethical to be "child free". I believe it is selfish and frankly quite sickening. What are your opinions on child free couples?
As 1/2 of a child free couple, I was relieved when our one pregnancy scare was a false alarm. I would not be a good mom. I am much better now, but at the time we were trying to have kids I would not have been able to let the kid go. I would have hovered and interferred. I wouldn't have been able to let the kid out of my sight as long as I was alive for fear of something happening to him/her. What really scared me was a statement I read in a magazine that said having a child was like cutting your heart out, giving it arms and legs and setting it vfree. I was unable to let my husband out of my sight or out of phone call range without tears and terror. That is no way to raise a kid. My mother did that and went crazy (literally) when she could no longer control us.

Check out why folks are childfree before you call us sickening.

Upvote 0

Mobiosity

Feb 20, 2007
✟11,055.00
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Private
What about contributing to your wife's salvation?

P. A reading from Timothy, Chapter 2, verses 13-15:

1 Timothy 2:13-15
13 For Adam was first formed, then Eve. 14 Adam wasn’t deceived, but the woman, being deceived, has fallen into disobedience; 15 but she will be saved through her childbearing, if they continue in faith, love, and sanctification with sobriety.

P. The Word of the Lord.
C. Thanks be to God.

God's Word is quite clear about this: no babies = no salvation.
You can't possibly know how happy I am that you are wrong.
No Jesus=no salvation. Babies won't die on the cross, sinless, for me.

Upvote 0

Mobiosity

Feb 20, 2007
✟11,055.00
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Private
Umm, for one thing, I am not judging any one person. I am judging the attitude of being child free. I am not judging those who cannot have children because of financial difficulties or infertility or other just reasons. I just think it is selfish when a perfectly able couple chooses not to have children when they are perfectly able to do so.
Define "perfectly able".

Upvote 0

Chie

A wise King finds happiness in acts of mercy
Aug 13, 2006
Texas
✟17,305.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
You can't possibly know how happy I am that you are wrong.
No Jesus=no salvation. Babies won't die on the cross, sinless, for me.
If you knew UberLuthran, you would know he was not replying this as truth for salvation, but was to try to make a point to NewGuy, long story would have had to been there. ;)

Upvote 0

Dvorah27

Mar 13, 2007
Peoria, IL
Visit site
✟8,628.00
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
MY LETTERS ARE BIGGER THAN YOURS! NOW YOU ARE INTIMIDATED BY MY BIG GIANT RED LETTERS AND THEREFORE MUST CONCEDE THAT I AM CORRECT IN ALL THAT I SAY!

:o I's a skeered now. :eek: Okedokee, I surrender. I can't out-big your letters, oh mighty one. :p :D :cool:

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Amélie Unbound

Just doing the best I can.
May 11, 2005
Canada
✟4,727.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
only if you put on a pair of dancing shoes. ;)

You are correct. :thumbsup: Dancing shoes were designed for one reason only, and it is therefore an abomination to put on dancing shoes if you are not planning to dance.

To those of you who are wearing dancing shoes but are not dancing, what was your purpose for putting on dancing shoes in the first place?!
:scratch:

;)

Upvote 0

SallyNow

Blame it on the SOCK GNOMES!
May 14, 2004
Canada
✟18,878.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
You are correct. :thumbsup: Dancing shoes were designed for one reason only, and it is therefore an abomination to put on dancing shoes if you are not planning to dance.

To those of you who are wearing dancing shoes but are not dancing, what was your purpose for putting on dancing shoes in the first place?! :scratch:

;)

Ah! Well you see, "character shoes" are very sturdy and comfortable high-heeled shoes that are wonderful to wear for a wedding or anywhere where there will be a lot of standing and such. Of course, I wouldn't know that, because it would be bad for me to wear my character shoes if I am not dancing!

And old ballet shoes make great slippers... but again, I wouldn't know that, because dancing shoes are only to be worn while dancing! Now, if a person happens to dance around the house, then they can wear them as slippers. But it must be the right kind of non-sexual dancing!

Well, you may think that dancing is not about sex, but when Margaret Sanger started her dancing ideology it became quite clear that it is all about sex. You may think you don't have sex in mind while you dance, but the fact that you dance in the post-Maggie era proves that you dance in order to have sex. ;)

:D

Oh come on! Traditional forms of dancing have no sexual attributes. The Tango? None! Ballet? Well has one seen "The Nutcracker"? Nothing sexual about THAT, I tell YOU!

Upvote 0

pgp_protector

Noted strange person
Dec 17, 2003
Earth For Now
Visit site
✟393,563.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Ah! Well you see, "character shoes" are very sturdy and comfortable high-heeled shoes that are wonderful to wear for a wedding or anywhere where there will be a lot of standing and such. Of course, I wouldn't know that, because it would be bad for me to wear my character shoes if I am not dancing!

And old ballet shoes make great slippers... but again, I wouldn't know that, because dancing shoes are only to be worn while dancing! Now, if a person happens to dance around the house, then they can wear them as slippers. But it must be the right kind of non-sexual dancing!

Oh come on! Traditional forms of dancing have no sexual attributes. The Tango? None! Ballet? Well has one seen "The Nutcracker"? Nothing sexual about THAT, I tell YOU!

The Title ;)

Upvote 0

dluvs2trvl

What You See Is What You Get!
Nov 9, 2006
Washington
✟46,536.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
The Title ;)
Just two words...that's it...that's all you have to say?.

Are you trying to imply that those of us who have used LOTS of words are somehow trying to tear down the limited vocabulary that existed 1900 years ago?

Is your intention, whether stated or implied, that we are supporting the anti-christ movement of an expanded vocabulary? Where is your proof? What evidence do you have to support these claims?

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Dvorah27

Mar 13, 2007
Peoria, IL
Visit site
✟8,628.00
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican

To those of you who are wearing dancing shoes but are not dancing, what was your purpose for putting on dancing shoes in the first place?! :scratch:

;)

AH, yes with dancing shoes you lose your connection to the earth ! You must dance without the shoes, or it is a STERILE practice ! It loses all meaning to what dance is supposed to be !
LOL ;)

Upvote 0

SallyNow

Blame it on the SOCK GNOMES!
May 14, 2004
Canada
✟18,878.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
AH, yes with dancing shoes you lose your connection to the earth ! You must dance without the shoes, or it is a STERILE practice ! It loses all meaning to what dance is supposed to be !
LOL ;)

But that is why you make your dance shoes out of natural materials! Leather, cotton canvas, silk, wood, cotton sateen, suede, with wool wadding as padding if needed. No mixed fibers! :clap:

And why, of course, you must make sure that when you wear tap shoes you have a 100% natural rubber gripper pad behind the toe tap... the natural rubber keeps you connected to dance, but does not allow bad spiritual influences to pass through!

The Title ;)

How DARE you take the INNOCENCE away from a story about teenager and her new COLLECTOR DOLL simple because of its name "The Nutcracker" !!!
Such a pure story of a teenager in an enchanted world created by Clara's benevolent old "uncle" and Clara's over-active imagination, where she gets to hold power over a kingdom of dancers from all over the world, from talking Mice to dancing Reindeer to Buffoons to Sugar Plum Faeries to Snowflakes!
:tutu: ;)

Upvote 0

Chie

A wise King finds happiness in acts of mercy
Aug 13, 2006
Texas
✟17,305.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
This has got to be the BEST thread I've seen in a while.
So what if someone wants to where dance shoes only...no undies...but dance any ole dance they want? What are the ethics?:p
That would be best to performed in the shower but make sure your dancing shoes are water proof.

Upvote 0

ParsonJefferson

just LOVES the flagrantly biased moderating here
Mar 14, 2006
✟12,588.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
LOL ;)

I propose that WEARING CLOTHES AT ALL is a sterile practice, as it separates us from nature, and clearly was NOT practiced in the Garden of Eden.

Therefore, dancing MUST be done naked.
You MUST do your job naked - even if your job is welding or baling hay.
You MUST go to church naked, but puhleeeee! - no visuals about charismatic services where hands are raised and people jump up & down!
You MUST cook naked, even if you're frying chicken.
And think of the new fast-food rules... "Welcome to McNaked's. May I take your order?"

It's a biblical mandate, folks!

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.