Dec 8, 2004
✟583,842.00
Country
United States
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Married
In defense of The Epoch Times, it's worth mentioning that The Epoch Times is one of the few publications worldwide which provides unvarnished information about the communist Chinese government.

In similar fashion, The Epoch Times provides information the mainstream media in the U.S. refuses to publish.
Agree. I don't know much about The Epoch Times, but being opposed to the Chinese Communist regime wouldn't seem to be a black mark against the organization or the newspaper. And for them to hope that Trump might be a person who would stand up to the regime that has been oppressing Falun Gong for being religious and/or doing some sort of religious calisthenics in public, well....

In short, I'm going to need more information before concluding what the OP wanted us to think. The term "extreme right-wing" was thrown around in the article, but there was no information about what supposedly right-wing editorializing or campaigning might have been done.

Upvote 0

HARK!

שמע
Christian Forums Staff
Supervisor
Site Supporter
Oct 29, 2017
US
✟1,099,487.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Private
In short, I'm going to need more information before concluding what the OP wanted us to think.

And what might that be?

In other words, what is it precisely that you think, that I want you to think?

Upvote 0

Albion

Facilitator
Dec 8, 2004
✟583,842.00
Country
United States
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Married
It was a rather slanted presentation, don't you really think? Are we to think that being opposed to Communism and hopeful about the new President being less of a toady of that regime makes these people nut cases? And what makes them propagandists for "extreme right-wing" politics? Not liking Communism?

In any case, their alleged "right-wing" views are never identified--or at least I couldn't find any specifics in the article. My mind is still open, but it'll take more doing.

Reactions: Arc F1
Upvote 0

HARK!

שמע
Christian Forums Staff
Supervisor
Site Supporter
Oct 29, 2017
US
✟1,099,487.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Private
It was a rather slanted presentation, don't you really think? Are we to think that being opposed to Communism and hopeful about the new President being less of a toady of that regime makes these people nut cases? And what makes them propagandists for "extreme right-wing" politics? Not liking Communism?

In any case, their alleged "right-wing" views are never identified--or at least I couldn't find any specifics in the article. My mind is still open, but it'll take more doing.

I used the Wiki article and the video to support my statements.

My statements express my thoughts on the subject. Here is the entirety of my thoughts on the subject as, expressed in the OP, nothing more, nothing less.

I recently received a free copy in my mailbox, along with an envelope to subscribe. I try to avoid news sources as much as possible; as they tend to slant the truth. However, the front page headline looked interesting; so I decided that I would take a look at the paper, before I used it to light my fireplace.

This sparked my interest; but the paper sits here in my living room, unread. It came to my attention that The Epoch Times is produced by a Chinese religious cult; and that Conservatives are their target audience. This just very recently came to my attention; and today I looked down next to my fireplace, only to realize that I had been targeted myself.

My copy will be going in the fireplace; where it can be of the most practical service.

So what exactly have I wanted you to think outside of the facts?

Think what you want.

Good to see that you're working to keep an open mind.

Upvote 0

Pommer

CoPacEtiC SkEpTic
Sep 13, 2008
Earth
✟142,627.00
Country
United States
Faith
Deist
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Democrat

My statements express my thoughts on the subject. Here is the entirety of my thoughts on the subject as, expressed in the OP, nothing more, nothing less.

So what exactly have I wanted you to think outside of the facts?

Think what you want.

Good to see that you're working to keep an open mind.
In general if a new “news source” comes along and it kinda-sorta dovetails with my own worldview then I will give it greater consideration as to whether I’m likely to give it credence.

The Daily KOS aligns with my views nicely but tends to be polemic and I don’t follow it for that reason alone.

Upvote 0

Albion

Facilitator
Dec 8, 2004
✟583,842.00
Country
United States
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Married
Yes, I saw that. However, in both cases, the link was only to an article that described what right-wing movements are. These articles were not about Falun Gong or The Epoch Times, or anything that they had advocated which would be an example of right-wing politics.

I accept that without hesitation. You are more than entitled to state your views.

My reply was to the effect that the material presented in the original post did not offer me anything that would persuade me to agree. Maybe there is something which would do that, but it wasn't in that material.

Upvote 0

HARK!

שמע
Christian Forums Staff
Supervisor
Site Supporter
Oct 29, 2017
US
✟1,099,487.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Private
Yes, I saw that. However, in both cases, the link was only to an article that described what right-wing movements are. These articles were not about Falun Gong or The Epoch Times, or anything that they had advocated which would be an example of right-wing politics.

I don't know what links you were following; but here are the links I presented:

Falun Gong - Wikipedia

Notice that the Wiki link says Falun Gong. It says nothing about Right Wing Movements.

The video that I presented has Falun Gong plastered right across the title screen. But hey, maybe it's just Communist click bait, to lure unsuspecting Right Wing Americans into their hypnotic mind control scheme. Maybe they got to me already; as I neglected to put on my tinfoil hat, before I took the bait.

I double checked by going to YouTube to get the title.

Here is the title for the video I presented:

Inside Falun Gong's propaganda empire.

Nope! Nothing about Right Wing Movements there; but maybe it's too late. Maybe nothing is as it seems. Maybe I'm blinded. Maybe they got to me. Maybe I've been hypnotized. Maybe, just maybe, I'm one of THEM now!

Just trying to keep an open mind.

Those pesky facts!

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Nithavela

our world is happy and mundane
Apr 14, 2007
Comb. Pizza Hut and Taco Bell/Jamaica Avenue.
✟493,575.00
Country
Germany
Faith
Other Religion
Marital Status
Single

Falun Gong - Wikipedia

Notice that the Wiki link says Falun Gong. It says nothing about Right Wing Movements.

The video that I presented has Falun Gong plastered right across the title screen. But hey, maybe it's just Communist click bait, to lure unsuspecting Right Wing Americans into their hypnotic mind control scheme. Maybe they got to me already; as I neglected to put in my tinfoil hat, before I took the bait.

I double checked by going to YouTube to get the title.

Here is the title for the video I presented:

Inside Falun Gong's propaganda empire.

Nope! Nothing about Right Wing Movements there; but maybe it's too late. Maybe nothing is as it seems. Maybe I'm blinded. Maybe they got to me. Maybe I've been hypnotized. Maybe, just maybe, I'm one of THEM now!

Just trying to keep an open mind.

Those pesky facts!
In the video you linked, the guy mentions right wing stuff multiple times.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Albion

Facilitator
Dec 8, 2004
✟583,842.00
Country
United States
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Married
I was referring to the links in post #1 where you make the initial presentation with claims about Falun Gong.

Here is what I have on the subject:

Political involvement
The Epoch Times and Shen Yun

Upvote 0

HARK!

שמע
Christian Forums Staff
Supervisor
Site Supporter
Oct 29, 2017
US
✟1,099,487.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Private
I was referring to the links in post #1 where you make the initial presentation with claims about Falun Gong.

So was I. You said links; so I mistakenly presumed that you were talking about links.

What you have brought to my attention below, is not a link. That is a title of a chapter within the link. I presented that chapter of the article; as it mentioned The Epoch Times (The subject of this thread, as described in the title of this thread) ; and made the connection to who is behind The Epoch Times (Falun Gong). This all seemed relevant at the time; as it supports the assertions that I made in the OP. We've covered this already; but I just want to make that point crystal clear.

I didn't mention anything about Right Wing Movements. That is not the topic of this thread. However, since I like you so much; if you would like to focus on that; I would be willing yo allow it as a side topic in this thread, just for you. I'm not making this offer to anyone else. This is an exclusive offer.

If that's what you want; just say the word; and it's yours.

Again, what you have presented below is not a link.

Political involvement

Here is the link: Falun Gong - Wikipedia

I hope that we are on the same page now; and don't hesitate to accept my offer to start talking about Right Wing Movements; if you would enjoy associating them with a Chinese religious cult, who worship a man as god. I suspect that the Left Wing might find that quite entertaining; and it might attract more Right Wingers to the conversation.

Upvote 0

Albion

Facilitator
Dec 8, 2004
✟583,842.00
Country
United States
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Married

Political involvement
Main articles: The Epoch Times and Shen Yun
The performance arts group Shen Yun and the media organization The Epoch Times are the major outreach organizations of Falun Gong.[10] Both promote the spiritual and political teachings of Falun Gong.[23][24][25] They and a variety of other organizations such as New Tang Dynasty Television (NTD) operate as extensions of Falun Gong. These extensions promote the new religious movement and its teachings. In the case of The Epoch Times, they also promote conspiracy theories and far-right politics in both Europe and the United States. Particularly during the 2016 United States presidential election, The Epoch Times has been promoting conspiracy theories and extreme right-wing political views.[21]

and that is what I was referring to.

Reactions: Arc F1
Upvote 0

HARK!

שמע
Christian Forums Staff
Supervisor
Site Supporter
Oct 29, 2017
US
✟1,099,487.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Private
Here is what you posted:

What does what you have highlighted have to do with subject of the OP?
(Just so that there is no misunderstanding; that was a rhetorical question. It has little to do with the topic.)

I've been very accommodating; but I'm going to kindly ask that we stay on topic now.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Arc F1

Let the righteous man arise from slumber
Site Supporter
Mar 14, 2020
Kentucky
✟146,863.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
What brought all of this to my attention was the YouTube video. There is a lot of reliable information on Youtube; and there is a lot of junk. This calls for discernment, and due diligence. I dug a little deeper than what I had suspected might be a hack, on Youtube, posing as a Conservative. He gained credibility with a simple Wikipedia search. Now Wiki, the organization, does have a bias. Who doesn't? I've read of censorship on Wiki. However, one thing I like about Wiki is that everyone gets to add their input, citing their sources for a balanced presentation of the reality. If you are not satisfied with the Wiki article; then maybe you should edit it, with your cited sources, in order to better reflect the balance of the truth. I look forward to reviewing your edits on the Wiki article. Please post your work here, so that we can keep an eye on it, and watch what edits are made to the article, under the scrutiny of the world.

"Not that they aren't true"

I'm not disagreeing with what you posted about epoch times. I really don't know anything about them other than what you posted. My point was using a dishonest source for support. I just thought it was funny, nothing more.

Upvote 0

HARK!

שמע
Christian Forums Staff
Supervisor
Site Supporter
Oct 29, 2017
US
✟1,099,487.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Private
"Not that they aren't true"

I'm not disagreeing with what you posted about epoch times. I really don't know anything about them other than what you posted. My point was using a dishonest source for support. I just thought it was funny, nothing more.

If you can come up with a more reliable source; please feel free to refute my sources. Simply claiming that my sources are dishonest, doesn't count as a valid refutation. It's called an ad hominem argument, a logical fallacy.

I look forward to your refutation from a more credible source.

I love the truth!

Upvote 0

Arc F1

Let the righteous man arise from slumber
Site Supporter
Mar 14, 2020
Kentucky
✟146,863.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
If you can come up with a more reliable source; please feel free to refute my sources. Simply claiming that my sources are dishonest, doesn't count as a valid refutation. It's called an ad hominem argument, a logical fallacy.

I look forward to your refutation from a more credible source.

I love the truth!

Just disregard brother. I'm obviously not getting my point across. I don't disagree with you about epoch times. I've already deleted the first post and moving on.

• Friendly
Reactions: HARK!
Upvote 0

KCfromNC

Apr 18, 2007
✟486,828.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
The question should be, why is a Chinese media group so interested in pushing a pro-trump agenda?

What's in it for them?
A bunch of people got conned into sending money to a private group to build a border wall. Those seem like excellent marks to extract more cash from.

Upvote 0