On The Prairie
✟29,593.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
The Authorization for Use of Force in Iraq wasn't based on any such notion.
The false accusation served as fuel for the request. The authorization itself was based on other questionable information regarding WMD.

Upvote 0

smaneck

Baha'i
Sep 29, 2010
Jackson, MS
✟55,644.00
Faith
Baha'i
Marital Status
Single
Moveon.org is putting a very nice ad in Le Monde:

"We are shocked, saddened, and in deep mourning after the terrorist attacks in Paris. We stand in solidarity with the victims' families, friends, and loved ones.

We express the same solidarity to all of the victims of ISIS across the world, including those in Ankara, Beirut, Syria, and Iraq, and to all of the refugees forced to flee their homes to escape the very terror that hit Paris.

Today, we stand together for peace. We stand together for liberté, égalité, fraternité."

Last edited:
Reactions: Oafman
Upvote 0

m551sheridan

Dec 18, 2012
Yakima Wa.
✟15,342.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
Do nothing, huh? I must have just dreamed we killed Jihadi John the day before this Paris massacre.

Obama's Muslim friends don't belong to ISIS. And changing the spelling of a vulgarity doesn't change what it is and if what you are implying is that Obama is a Muslim then I think Proverbs 10:18 applies here.
have you not noted his connections to the muslim brotherhood - it is not a direct link but rather and indirect route by association with muslim radicals.... and look at those he has surround him - begin with wright. The man does not wish well for this nation; sure he has authorized the killing of some isis personnel, he has to to make it look good but he has been soft, not only in his actions but of his wording regards to this vermin that is plaguing this planet. islam is not a religion of peace but rather a religion of evil.... just read the edicts that mohammad has added to the koran and those edicts by other immans. Read about his 9 year old wife and how he justified what he was doing to her. Noper, this is a sick bunch.

Upvote 0

smaneck

Baha'i
Sep 29, 2010
Jackson, MS
✟55,644.00
Faith
Baha'i
Marital Status
Single
have you not noted his connections to the muslim brotherhood - it is not a direct link but rather and indirect route by association with muslim radicals....

He has no links with the Muslim Brotherhood. In fact I checked up on some of the Muslims in Obama's administration that were accused of belonging to the Muslim Brotherhood. One of them was an Ismaeli. That might not mean anything to you but it is like accusing a Quaker of belonging to Christian Identity!

and look at those he has surround him - begin with wright.

Last I heard, Rev. Wright was a Christian.

The man does not wish well for this nation

You mean because he applied the blessing and curses of Deuteronomy to the US?
Shame on him for quoting the Bible!

; sure he has authorized the killing of some isis personnel, he has to to make it look good but he has been soft, not only in his actions but of his wording regards to this vermin that is plaguing this planet.

What you really mean is he makes a distinction between ISIS and Islam and is not trying to commit genocide against Muslims.

islam is not a religion of peace but rather a religion of evil....

Whereas your religious beliefs are so peaceful? Somehow I doubt that.

just read the edicts that mohammad has added to the koran and those edicts by other immans.

I have a PhD in Middle East history and have read a good deal on the subject, thank you very much. I'm guessing all your info comes from Islamaphobic hate blogs.

Read about his 9 year old wife and how he justified what he was doing to her.

You mean by not consummating His marriage for three years until after she reached puberty? In any case, Aisha's age is matter of debate which I won't get into here.

Upvote 0

Rick Otto

The Dude Abides
Nov 19, 2002
On The Prairie
✟29,593.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
have you not noted his connections to the muslim brotherhood - it is not a direct link but rather and indirect route by association with muslim radicals.... and look at those he has surround him - begin with wright. The man does not wish well for this nation; sure he has authorized the killing of some isis personnel, he has to to make it look good but he has been soft, not only in his actions but of his wording regards to this vermin that is plaguing this planet. islam is not a religion of peace but rather a religion of evil.... just read the edicts that mohammad has added to the koran and those edicts by other immans. Read about his 9 year old wife and how he justified what he was doing to her. Noper, this is a sick bunch.
Perfect. All we need to do is kill 'em all, right?

Upvote 0

Archivist

Senior Veteran
Site Supporter
Mar 5, 2004
Morgantown, West Virginia, USA
✟571,140.00
Country
United States
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
This isn't massive. Strikes like the US firebombing Tokyo in 1945 - those are massive.

First you cannot compare bombing with modern weapons to the carpet bombing of WWII.

Second, the first US bombs fell on Japan in April 1942, four months after Pearl Harbor. That was the Doolittle Raid with consisted of 16 planes. US bombs did not fall on Japan again until July 1944, 30 months after Pearl Harbor. Different war, far different equipment and technology. Frankly the French did good.

Upvote 0

civilwarbuff

Site Supporter
May 28, 2015
✟615,143.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Constitution
Moveon.org is putting a very nice add in Le Monde:

"We are shocked, saddened, and in deep mourning after the terrorist attacks in Paris. We stand in solidarity with the victims' families, friends, and loved ones.

We express the same solidarity to all of the victims of ISIS across the world, including those in Ankara, Beirut, Syria, and Iraq, and to all of the refugees forced to flee their homes to escape the very terror that hit Paris.

Today, we stand together for peace. We stand together for liberté, égalité, fraternité."
Barf.....

Reactions: Rick Otto
Upvote 0

Armoured

So is America great again yet?
Site Supporter
Aug 31, 2013
✟234,967.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
If the US or Russia or the UK claimed that it conducted "massive" bombings on a region, would you think more along the lines of the amount of aircraft and ordinance used in operation "Shock and Awe", or would you think more along the lines of 10 planes dropping 2 bombs each?
You seem stuck in the Second World War paradigm. Apart from the fact that "massive" is an arbitrary term with no specific meaning, CWB is quite right that modern aircraft and weapons are far more effective than older style ones, and a targeted strike by 10 aircraft may indeed by as operationally effective as squadrons of Lancasters carpet bombing a region.

Reactions: Rick Otto
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Armoured

Site Supporter
Aug 31, 2013
✟234,967.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
so, have you heard? obumnuts said that the attacks in France was a *set back*. When questioned he basically said that he would not change his strategy, which of course means that he will do nothing. His muslim buddies must be proud. What an azz.
This stuff really baffles me. I get that Obama is terrible and can do no right, but what's with the continued narrative that he's "doing nothing" vis ISIS?

Upvote 0

civilwarbuff

Site Supporter
May 28, 2015
✟615,143.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Constitution
you are right, I am new and do not know how to navigate around yet... and my comments have morphed beyond my original intent............ will let it drop
may be too late....learn before you post.....

Upvote 0

smaneck

Baha'i
Sep 29, 2010
Jackson, MS
✟55,644.00
Faith
Baha'i
Marital Status
Single
just a few of those edicts...
Khomeini also had another treatise on Islamic rules for living, called in English, “The Little Green Book.” (see entire text here.)
It is useful to understand what an esteemed Islamic leader such as the Ayatollah teaches his followers.

The Little Green Book was never a treatise. It is a compilation from Khomeini's writings excerpting whatever makes him look as bad as possible.

and there is much more.... now tell me this is not a religion of evil....

All that proves is that Khomeini is evil.

do not recall Jesus saying it was alright to do these things.

Neither did Muhammad.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

TheBear

NON-WOKED
Jan 2, 2002
✟304,171.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
You seem stuck in the Second World War paradigm.

I have no idea where you or that other poster got that from. I'm talking about today, here and now in the 21st century.

Never mind. Seems like Yahoo news changed the article title and omitted the phrase "massive bombing".

Upvote 0

Sistrin

We are such stuff as dreams are made on...
Site Supporter
Jun 9, 2012
Location Location Location
✟197,980.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
The false accusation served as fuel for the request. The authorization itself was based on other questionable information regarding WMD.

No, but that is a topic for another thread.

Upvote 0

Armoured

Site Supporter
Aug 31, 2013
✟234,967.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
I have no idea where you or that other poster got that from. I'm talking about today, here and now in the 21st century.

Never mind. Seems like Yahoo news changed the article title and omitted the phrase "massive bombing".
How would you define a "massive bombing" in the modern day?

Upvote 0