The Double Message of Eternal Security.

Bible Highlighter

Law of the Lord is perfect, converting the soul.
Site Supporter
Jul 22, 2014
✟1,192,316.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
The Law given to Moses are not eternal
For the believer now. The Law was mankinds schoolmaster to Christ. Showing each persons guilt in not perfectly keeping it. That is. Where grace comes into play. After Christ's death. Grace is the free gift of spiritual life after the Law has shown us all guilty

Again, there are eternal moral laws.
The Law of Moses is made of 613 written laws. Some of these written laws carried the eternal moral laws onto the New Testament. The other laws in the Law of Moses that are not eternal moral laws were temporary.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

ToBeLoved

Site Supporter
Jan 3, 2014
✟322,365.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Again, there are eternal moral laws.
The Law of Moses is made of 613 written laws. Some of these written laws carried the eternal moral laws onto the New Testament. The other laws in the Law of Moses that are not eternal moral laws were temporary.

It's all one covenant. It's all the Old Covenant and part of that covenant.

Your cherry picking again. Can't do that with Gods Word. That's why ur understanding is wrong.

You should start using the tools out there to understand God's Word and rightly divide it instead of constantly falling into error. I recommend Biblehub.com. Parallel Bible option. It also includes good commentaries.

Upvote 0

1stcenturylady

Spirit-filled follower of Christ
Site Supporter
Feb 13, 2017
Tennessee
✟431,122.00
Country
United States
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Celibate
Politics
US-Republican
:)
You are making a law where none exists. You also have not followed every post I have written through out the many years on various different Christian forums. I have spoken about the Holy Spirit before many times. There is no need for you to make me your adversary. As I said, I try not to bring up the Spirit in heated debates so that somebody does not accidently condemn themselves. The Pharisees condemned themselves for speaking against the Spirit that was working in Christ. There is a time and a place for everything.

May God bless you.

I'm sure you have as that is also what you believe and why we are on the same page. It is just part of me to mention Him every time, but if you feel you are protecting someone from sinning, then do what you are being lead to do.:)

Upvote 0

stuart lawrence

Oct 21, 2015
✟70,875.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I'm serious, not trying to be insulting. Many who don't speak in tongues are afraid of anything to do with the Holy Spirit, because of the weird manifestations in the recent past. I am trying to figure out why in the world you would be afraid to give the Holy Spirit credit at all times. If you did, I think even stuart would be more open to what you have to say. To him the law of righteousness is SELF righteousness and what he thinks you teach, not the law of the Spirit.
Well a law of righteousness does not exist.
Of course you dont have to agree with me, but you should understand me a little by now.
I do not take notice of anyone who demands of others what they do not demand of themselves.
Many people quote:
If you love me obey my commandments.

They are telling you if you love Christ you will obey his literal commands in the gospels.
I will ask you again. How many Christians do you know who even try and obey each and every literal command of Christ?

I don't expect an unbiased response. However, I know the damage it does to sincere folk who in simplicity believe when people tell you what you must do, they must be doing it themselves.

I often weep for the sincere folk who have been crushed by the demands of those who demand of them what they don't demand of themselves

• Agree
Reactions: Dan61861
Upvote 0

Dan61861

7 days without God, makes one weak.
Jul 21, 2012
Valparaiso, Indiana
✟102,026.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
:)

I'm sure you have as that is also what you believe and why we are on the same page. It is just part of me to mention Him every time, but if you feel you are protecting someone from sinning, then do what you are being lead to do.:)
To be honest, you really surprise me. You spent 30 years in the SDA, you are finally free from it. This man wants to led you down the same rabbit hole.

Obey God's commandments and you will be righteous before God.

The only way to be righteous before God is by faith in Christ, he is our righteousness.

Upvote 0

JLB777

Site Supporter
Jun 18, 2012
✟403,811.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
The Law of Moses did not exist for Abraham. Abraham had a diff covenant with God.

Obviously, you didn't read my post.

Please go back and read it, carefully.

Abraham kept God's laws and commandments, 430 before the law of Moses.

God's eternal laws and commandments did not originate with Moses, therefore when the law of Moses was abolished, that did not abolish God's eternal kingdom laws and commandments, which were a part of the Abrahamic Covenant, long before Moses was born, and remain to this day; Being eternal.

The 10 commandments were the law of the Lord, long before Moses was born and are eternal.

Moses law was temporary.
The law of the Lord is eternal.

JLB

Upvote 0

stuart lawrence

Oct 21, 2015
✟70,875.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
The TC are an inflexible law. There is no pass mark of obedience to them. Perfectly obey them or stand guilty before them.
There is nothing in those laws about forgiveness or mercy.
Be under a righteousness of observing them if you wish. I don't wish!!

• Winner
Upvote 0

1stcenturylady

Spirit-filled follower of Christ
Site Supporter
Feb 13, 2017
Tennessee
✟431,122.00
Country
United States
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Celibate
Politics
US-Republican
Well a law of righteousness does not exist.
Of course you do t gave to agree with me, but you should understand me a little by now.
I do not take notice of anyone who demands of others what they do not demand if themselves.
Many people quote:

They are telling you if you love Christ you will obey his literal commands in the gospels.
I will ask you again. How many Christians do you know who even try and obey each and every literal command if Christ?

I don't expect an unbiased response. However, I know the damage it does to sincere folk who in simplicity believe when people tell you what you must do, they must be doing it themselves.

I often weep for the sincere folk who gave been crushed by the demands if those who re

The problem I have with you and your treatment of Jason, is you can't possibly KNOW what Jason does or doesn't do, yet you accuse him anyway. You know what the word 'assume' means don't you? If you do, then you make one of yourself every time you accuse someone you don't know of what they are doing, like you live with him and he is doing it personally to you. If you are not a viable witness, then don't say anything. That's all. Otherwise, you are a likable guy, once I got to know you.;)

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Dan61861

Jul 21, 2012
Valparaiso, Indiana
✟102,026.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
The TC are an inflexible law. There is no pass mark of obedience to them. Perfectly obey them or stand guilty before them.
There is nothing in those laws about forgiveness or mercy.
Be under a righteousness of observing them if you wish. I don't wish!!
Amen....Amen...may God be magnified

Upvote 0

JLB777

Site Supporter
Jun 18, 2012
✟403,811.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married

Absolutely.

His commandments are summed up as: Love God, and love your neighbor.

• If anyone does not love the Lord Jesus Christ, let him be accursed. O Lord, come! 1 Corinthians 16:22

• If someone says, “I love God,” and hates his brother, he is a liar; for he who does not love his brother whom he has seen, how can he love God whom he has not seen? 1 John 4:20

When you love your brother, then you are obeying His commandment to love your neighbor.

Of course we understand that if:

you steal from your brother, you are not loving him, for love does no harm to a neighbor.

you murder your neighbor, you lie to your neighbor, covet your neighbors wife, commit adultery with your neighbors wife... then you are not loving your neighbor, and therefore you are not loving God.

Love does no harm to a neighbor; therefore love is the fulfillment of the law. Romans 13:10

JLB

Upvote 0

stuart lawrence

Oct 21, 2015
✟70,875.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
The problem I have with you and your treatment of Jason, is you can't possibly KNOW what Jason does or doesn't do, yet you accuse him anyway. You know what the word 'assume' means don't you? If you do, then you make one of yourself every time you accuse someone you don't know of what they are doing, like you live with him and he is doing it personally to you. If you are not a viable witness, then don't say anything. That's all. Otherwise, you are a likable guy, once I got to know you.;)
I thought your post would ignore the reality, and it did. And once again you chose not to answer my question didn't you.
I will ask you a third time.
How many Christians do you know who even try to obey each and every literal command of Christ.
If you are not completely honest, you have followed after the flesh.
And BTW Jason has never claimed himself to obey each and every literal command of Christ. At least he didnt lie.
THATS THE REALITY

It's good to live in the REAL world

Upvote 0

stuart lawrence

Oct 21, 2015
✟70,875.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Absolutely.

His commandments are summed up as: Love God, and love your neighbor.

• If anyone does not love the Lord Jesus Christ, let him be accursed. O Lord, come! 1 Corinthians 16:22

• If someone says, “I love God,” and hates his brother, he is a liar; for he who does not love his brother whom he has seen, how can he love God whom he has not seen? 1 John 4:20

When you love your brother, then you are obeying His commandment to love your neighbor.

Of course we understand that if:

you steal from your brother, you are not loving him, for love does no harm to a neighbor.

you murder your neighbor, you lie to your neighbor, covet your neighbors wife, commit adultery with your neighbors wife... then you are not loving your neighbor, and therefore you are not loving God.

JLB
I would agree, Christ's commands can be summed up as: love God and love your neighbour. absolutely. But let's hope you live in the real world.
When people quote:
They mean if you love Jesus you will obey all his individual commands in the gospels

• Agree
Upvote 0

Dan61861

Jul 21, 2012
Valparaiso, Indiana
✟102,026.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
But we can know Jason denies the Gospel, teaching another Gospel. We do know what the bible says about anyone teaching another Gospel.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

JLB777

Site Supporter
Jun 18, 2012
✟403,811.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
This is the blood of the new covenant. Christ and Him crucified...period.

That is the Covenant of God.

In Christ
Daniel

Yes the renewed , or refreshed Abrahamic Covenant, that we are grafted into, in Christ.

New Covenant, doesn't mean brand new as in different, brother.

The 10 commandments are God's eternal commandments that are for today.

7 He who overcomes shall inherit all things,and I will be his God and he shall be My son. 8 But the cowardly, unbelieving, abominable, murderers, sexually immoral, sorcerers, idolaters, and all liars shall have their part in the lake which burns with fire and brimstone, which is the second death.”
Revelation 21:7-8

All liars shall have their part in the lake which burns with fire and brimstone, which is the second death.

Thou shall not bear false witness.

Paul said it this way:

19 Now the works of the flesh are evident, which are: adultery,fornication, uncleanness, lewdness, 20 idolatry, sorcery, hatred, contentions, jealousies, outbursts of wrath, selfish ambitions, dissensions, heresies, 21 envy, murders, drunkenness, revelries, and the like; of which I tell you beforehand, just as I also told you in time past, that those who practice such things will not inherit the kingdom of God. Galatians 5:19-21

• those who practice such things will not inherit the kingdom of God.

Do you understand what "will not inherit the kingdom of God" means?

JLB

Upvote 0

JLB777

Site Supporter
Jun 18, 2012
✟403,811.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
I would agree, Christ's commands can be summed up as: love God and love your neighbour. absolutely. But let's hope you live in the real world.
When people quote:
They mean if you love Jesus you will obey all his individual commands in the gospels

We know that we have passed from death to life, because we love the brethren. He who does not love his brother abides in death. 1 John 3;14

• He who does not love his brother abides in death.

Upvote 0

stuart lawrence

Oct 21, 2015
✟70,875.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
We know that we have passed from death to life, because we love the brethren. He who does not love his brother abides in death. 1 John 3;14

• He who does not love his brother abides in death.
And you certainly are not loving your brother if you demand of him what you do not even try to attain to in your own life are you

Upvote 0

ToBeLoved

Site Supporter
Jan 3, 2014
✟322,365.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Obviously, you didn't read my post.

Please go back and read it, carefully.

Abraham kept God's laws and commandments, 430 before the law of Moses.

God's eternal laws and commandments did not originate with Moses, therefore when the law of Moses was abolished, that did not abolish God's eternal kingdom laws and commandments, which were a part of the Abrahamic Covenant, long before Moses was born, and remain to this day; Being eternal.

The 10 commandments were the law of the Lord, long before Moses was born and are eternal.

Moses law was temporary.
The law of the Lord is eternal.

JLB
Holiness is eternal. God is Holy. Righteousness and truth are eternal. God's covenant t with New Covenant Christians is not the Old Covenant.

Not sure what Bible you are reading.

Romans 4:13
It was not through the law that Abraham and his offspring received the promise that he would be heir of the world, but through the righteousness that comes by faith.

Upvote 0