The Double Message of Eternal Security.

Bible Highlighter

Law of the Lord is perfect, converting the soul.
Site Supporter
Jul 22, 2014
✟1,194,503.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
How did you come to this theology? This is totally, 100% wrong.

Paul is not speaking as a Pharisee, Paul is speaking as a New Covenant, saved believer in Jesus Christ.

Don't know where you got the position or ever determined what you have from Romans.

Well, there are folks who are in the same Eternal Security camp as you who believe Paul is talking from the perspective as a Pharisee in Romans 7:14-24. However, they wrongfully believe that Paul's mention of being dead to the Law in Romans 7:4 would include keeping the moral law that Paul struggled with in Romans 7:14-24 is not a salvation issue (if these moral laws were disobeyed on occasion). I think this is what Stuart believes but I am not sure. He also may believe that Paul is talking as a Pharisee. If he does not believe that way, then it might be the poster named "FreeGrace2" who might have said that. In any event, we know that it is wrong to say that the keeping of the moral law in regards to our salvation is abrograted because Paul says in Ephesians 5:5 that those who disobey God's moral law will not inherit the Kingdom of God.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

stuart lawrence

Oct 21, 2015
✟70,925.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
So my brothers, you also died to the law through the body of Christ, that you might belong to another, to him that was raised from the dead in order that we might bear fruit for God
For when we were controlled by the sinfull nature, the sinfull passions aroused by the law were at work in our bodies so that we bore fruit for death.
But now, by dying to what once bound us we have been released from the law, so that we serve in the new way of the Spirit and not the old way of the written code.
What shall we say then? Is the law sin? Certainly not! Indeed I would not have known what sin was except through the law. For I would not have known what coveting really was if the law had not said. Do not covet. But sin, seizing the opportunity afforded by the commandment produced in me every kind of covetous desire
Rom 7:4-7

Anyone who keeps insisting rom 7:4-6 does not refer to moral law, is either spiritually naive, or has not the humility to admit when they are wrong.
Rom 7:5 directly relates to verse 7, as should not be that hard to understand

Upvote 0

stuart lawrence

Oct 21, 2015
✟70,925.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Rom7:1-3 explains the principal of dying to the law( of righteousness)

Verses4-6 explains the Christian must die to the law to live for God.( Verse4)
Sinfull passions are aroused in you by the law if you live under it. ( Verse5)
The Christian is released from the law and serves in the new way of the Spirit, not the old way of the written code.( Verse6)

In verses7-11 Paul gives a personal example from his own life as to why he had to die to the law. Sin took advantage of the commandment to arouse all manner of concupiscence in him regarding the commandment: Thou shalt not covet. Confirmation of what he wrote in verse 5. Sinfull passions are aroused in you by the law if you live under it.
In verses14-24 Paul goes into detail concerning his struggles and failure to obey the commandment: Thou shalt not covet, under the law.

ITS ALL ABOUT THE MORAL LAW.

But some, though they have eyes refuse to see
And though they have ears they refuse to hear

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Bible Highlighter

Site Supporter
Jul 22, 2014
✟1,194,503.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
We are reading the NT from Romans through Jude. It was verse 8, last sentence.

Thank you. I will read on my own with God these books and take notes on them.
After I am done, I may share my findings later here in this thread or on another one.
But thank you for giving me the reading study plan. I know it will be fruitful.

You said:
7:8b For apart from the law sin was dead.

6:2b How shall we who died to sin live any longer in it?

I believe this is talking about the Old Law and it is not talking about New Covenant Law or all law in general; For Hebrews 7:12 says the Law has changed. When Paul says, "shall we continue in sin?" in Romans 6 and when he says, "Now then it is no more I that do it, but sin that dwelleth in me" in Romans 7, Paul is talking about the good or righteous aspect or part of the Old Law (See the "righteousness of the Law" in Romans 8:4). Paul as a pharisee could not keep the good part of the Old Law (i.e. the moral law) because he did not have Jesus yet in his life to overcome his struggle with keeping the moral law.

You said:
I wanted to see if we merely died to the law which revealed sin, or sin itself. The answer I found last night which I already believed is both. You and stuart are both right, but can't agree because you are both coming at it from opposite sides of the pendulum, and the center is the Holy Spirit. And you both understand the Holy Spirit's role but rarely use it, so seldom agree, if ever.

No. Stuart is not right because he is teaching that God's grace is a license for immorality that is warned to us in Jude 1:4; Whereas I believe God's grace teaches us to deny ungodliness and that we should live soberly, righteously, and Godly in this present world (TItus 2:11-12). Stuart believes you can sin on occasion and still be saved (or that you can die in one or two unrepentant sins and be saved) because he believes that keeping the moral law ultimately is not a salvation issue but yet he thinks the believer will live holy or more Christ like. This is what this thread is all about. He is preaching a double message of Eternal Security. One message says you can sin and still be saved and never stop sinning in this life and the other message says you will live more Christ like and holy. Both of these messages within Eternal Securirity conflict with each other. It is a false gospel message. The lie is evident in that it is not consistent within itself. No standard of morality is truly being upheld here. For sin is being minimized in favor of God's saving grace.

You said:
The answer is Romans 8:2, and why Christ is the end of the law (stuart), and yet we still have law (you). We are dead to the law, but those SAME moral laws are written on our hearts by the Spirit. We are under the LAW OF THE SPIRIT, not the law that says not to do something, as stuart pointed out (don't think of a pink bunnie - you automatically DO think of a pink bunnie.)

No. The New Testament Scriptures were not finished yet when Paul was writing the New Covenant. The Holy Spirit had written the New Testament. So any commands that comes from the New Covenant come from God the Father, Christ, and the Holy Spirit. Writing the Laws of God on your heart and abiding with God and Christ was not a new teaching (Note: See my "Side Note" comment to you below within this post). While both me and Stuart may believe the laws of God are written on our heart and we follow the Holy Spirit, Stuart does not believe that keeping these moral laws relates to his salvation in any way. He says he is under God's laws but keeping them is not a salvation issue. Romans 8:12-13 says

12 "Therefore, brethren, we are debtors, not to the flesh, to live after the flesh.
13 For if ye live after the flesh, ye shall die: but if ye through the Spirit do mortify the deeds of the body, ye shall live." (Romans 8:12-13).

Verse 13 says if we live after the flesh we will die. This is talking about spiritual life and death because all people live and die regardless of how a person lives. Verse 13 says, if we live after the flesh we will die. We will die ... spiritually! Yet, if we live through the Spirit (obeying the commands of the New Testament that the Spirit had written through men) we do mortify (put to death) the sinful deeds of the body we will live.... spiritually! In other words, if one is not putting away sin out of their life and or going through the Sanctification process in living more holy, they are not living but they are dead on a spiritual level. For Hebrews 12:14 says without holiness no man shall see the Lord. One cannot be holy and yet also justify the idea that we can sin and be rewarded with Heaven and or say to people that we can just believe on Jesus and it is not in anything that you do (because that will lead people to treat God's grace as a license to sin).

You said:
Here in context: 2 For the law of the Spirit of life in Christ Jesus has made me free from the law of sin and death (Thou shalt NOT). 3 For what the law could not do in that it was weak through the flesh (entertaining pink bunnies), God did by sending His own Son in the likeness of sinful flesh, on account of sin: He condemned sin in the flesh, 4 that the righteous requirement of the law might be fulfilled in us who do not walk according to the flesh but according to the Spirit.

Paul (Saul) used to be in the false pharisee religion (See my "Side Note" below). It was all about works for him in that religion and not God's grace and a Savior. Paul did not have Jesus to help him to overcome his sin. The righteous aspect or part of the Law (i.e. the Old Law) mentioned in verse 4 is the moral Law. See Romans 13:8-10. It is loving your neighbor. This righteous aspect or part of the "law" (the moral law) is fulfilled in us believers who walk not after the flesh but after the Spirit. For one of the fruits of the Spirit is love. If somebody is sinning on occasion or trying to justify that they can sin and still be saved, they are not showing a fruit of the Spirit in this case. For God cannot agree with sin. For He is holy, righteous, and good. Paul thanked Jesus that he has now overcome this struggle with the good part of the Old Law as a Pharisee. We are told in Romans 13:14 to put on the Lord Jesus Christ so as not to fulfill the lusts of the flesh. This would involve placing God's New Covenant laws upon our hearts (and not the Old Covenant laws as a whole). For we are under a New Covenant with new laws and commands.

You said:
1 John 1:7 New King James Version (NKJV)

7 But if we walk in the light as He is in the light, we have fellowship with one another, and the blood of Jesus Christ His Son cleanses us from all sin.

Most Eternal Security proponents believe 1 John 1:7 does not relate to salvation. They think it is dealing with a loss of fellowship if you sin. But that is not what it is saying. 1 John 1:7 is saying that you must walk in the light of Christ so that the blood of Jesus cleanses you from all sin. No walking in the light of Christ means no cleansing blood that saves us. Stuart would strongly disagree with my interpretation on 1 John 1:7. He believes that a belief in Jesus is what saves you and sin cannot separate you from God. He believes that a believer will generally live holy as a part of being in Christ. But what about the other little sins? Also, what about others who do believe in Eternal Security and do treat God's grace as a license to sin thinking they are saved even if they were to mow down a crowd with a sub machine gun? In my many years of discussing Eternal Security, the hardcore sin and still be saved types do not appear to be teaching a different gospel message (at first glance) than those who teach that holiness is a mark of a true believer. They both sound the same. They both say all you need to do is believe in Jesus and you are saved and no sin can separate you from God. Sin is reduced to being no more dangerous than say a fluffy kitten. How ridiculous. Jesus said in Matthew 6:15 says if you do not forgive, then you will not be forgiven. Jesus says if you look upon a woman in lust, your whole body is in danger of hell fire. John says that we have hate our brother that no eternal life abides within us (1 John 3:15). The keeping of all law has not be abrogated in regards to our salvation. 1 John 3:23 says that we are commanded to believe on the Lord Jesus Christ. If the keeping of all law or commands were abrogated in regards to our salvation, then surely this command or law would be abrogated (in regards to our salvation), too.

Side Note:

Oh, and I do not believe the Old Covenant was a failed system of salvation (otherwise no saints from the Old Testament would be saved then). Yes, the Old Covenant was not as perfect as the New Covenant because the Messiah (Jesus) had not been revealed yet, along with His plan of salvation (i.e. To believe in His death and resurrection), and the truths revealed by Him, but I believe the Old Testament saint was born again spiritually and they dwelled with God and Christ, too. God originally intended His people (Israel) to also write His laws in their heart and for God to dwell in them and for them to obey out of love. For perfect love casts out fear. How does one have perfect love? Well, one perfects love by keeping His Word (1 John 2:5). This was in harmony with God's grace and repentance (that is for every believer since the very beginning with Adam and Eve). There were faithful Old Testament saints who did the right thing.

At one time, Paul (Saul) used to be in a false religion (i.e. the Pharisee religion) and he was not in the true Old Covenant ways of following the Lord. In the Pharisee religion it was all about an overemphasis of the Law and there was no focus on God's grace through repentance. Remember, even Jonah had preached to a city of Gentiles and they had repented and were saved by God's grace (By caling out to God for for the forgiveness of their sin). This was the true old ways that was absent from Paul's false old religion of thinking that one can just keep God's laws alone and be saved. We get a glimpse of the false pharisee religion in the parable of the Tax Collector and the Pharisee. We learn that the Pharisee did not humble himself by asking for God's grace and mercy like the Tax Collector. It's why Jesus said, "repent or perish." The Pharisees were in desperate need to repent because they ignored the weightier matters of the law like justice, love, and mercy, etc. So when Paul talks about his struggle with keeping the Old Law in the false pharisee religion (that was all about works and no grace and no Savior), he could not keep the Law. Paul (Saul) did not have Jesus yet in his life yet to overcome sin. Romans 8:1 says there is no condemnation to those who are in Christ Jesus who WALK not after the flesh but after the Spirit. So somebody needs Jesus and they need to walk after the Spirit to not be under the Condemnation. One is not walking after the Spirit if they are justifying a sin and still be saved gospel and or they are minmizing sin. It doesn't work like that. God is good and His people are good, too.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Bible Highlighter

Site Supporter
Jul 22, 2014
✟1,194,503.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Rom7:1-3 explains the principal of dying to the law( of righteousness)

Verses4-6 explains the Christian must die to the law to live for God.( Verse4)
Sinfull passions are aroused in you by the law if you live under it. ( Verse5)
The Christian is released from the law and serves in the new way of the Spirit, not the old way of the written code.( Verse6)

In verses7-11 Paul gives a personal example from his own life as to why he had to die to the law. Sin took advantage of the commandment to arouse all manner of concupiscence in him regarding the commandment: Thou shalt not covet. Confirmation of what he wrote in verse 5. Sinfull passions are aroused in you by the law if you live under it.
In verses14-24 Paul goes into detail concerning his struggles and failure to obey the commandment: Thou shalt not covet, under the law.

ITS ALL ABOUT THE MORAL LAW.

But some, though they have eyes refuse to see
And though they have ears they refuse to hear

And you have to also read Ephesians 5:5.
So this is not the case as you think.

Upvote 0

stuart lawrence

Oct 21, 2015
✟70,925.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
And you have to also read Ephesians 5:5.
So this is not the case as you think.

You are like a petulant child Jason who sulks and stamps their feet when proved wrong. Determined to argue at all costs against the truth scripture plainly states. For you cannot understand the gospel message contained in the letter:

Do we then nullify the law by this faith( a righteousness of faith in Christ not observing the law) Not at all! Rather we uphold the law
Rom3:31.

I dont think it will matter how many times you read the Bible, your mind is closed to the truth

Upvote 0

stuart lawrence

Oct 21, 2015
✟70,925.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
After I am done, I may share my findings later here in this thread or on another one.

I believe this is talking about the Old Law and it is not talking about New Covenant Law or all law in general; For Hebrews 7:12 says the Law has changed.

Me and Stuart are not both right because he is teaching that God's grace is a license for immorality that is warned to us in Jude 1:4; Whereas I believe God's grace teaches us to deny ungodliness and that we should live soberly, righteously, and Godly in this present world (TItus 2:11-12). Stuart believes you can sin on occasion and still be saved (or that you can die in one or two unrepentant sins and be saved) because he believes that keeping the moral law ultimately is not a salvation issue but yet he thinks the believer will live holy or more Christ like. This is what this thread is all about. He is preaching a double message of Eternal Security. One message says you can sin and still be saved and never stop sinning in this life and the other message says you will live more Christ like and holy. Both of these messages within Eternal Securirity conflict with each other. It is a false gospel message. The lie is evident in that it is not consistent within itself. No standard of morality is truly being upheld here. For sin is being minimized in favor of God's saving grace.

No. The New Testament Scriptures were not finished yet when Paul was writing the New Covenant. The Holy Spirit had written the New Testament. So any commands that comes from the New Covenant come from God the Father, Christ, and the Holy Spirit. Writing the Laws of God on your heart and abiding with God and Christ was not a new teaching (Note: See my "Side Note" comment to you below within this post). While both me and Stuart may believe the laws of God are written on our heart and we follow the Holy Spirit, Stuart does not believe that keeping these moral laws relates to his salvation in any way. He says he is under God's laws but keeping them is not a salvation issue. Romans 8:12-13 says

12 "Therefore, brethren, we are debtors, not to the flesh, to live after the flesh.
13 For if ye live after the flesh, ye shall die: but if ye through the Spirit do mortify the deeds of the body, ye shall live." (Romans 8:12-13).

Verse 13 says if we live after the flesh we will die. Yet, if we live through the Spirit (obeying the commands of the New Testament that the Spirit had written through men) we do mortify (put to death) the sinful deeds of the body we will live. In other words, if one is not putting away sin out of their life and or going through the Sanctification process in living more holy, they are not living but they are dead. For Hebrews 12:14 says without holiness no man shall see the Lord. One cannot be holy and yet also justify the idea that we can sin and be rewarded with Heaven and or say to people that we can just believe on Jesus and it is not in anything that you do (because that will lead people to treat God's grace as a license to sin).

Paul (Saul) used to be in the false pharisee religion (See my "Side Note" below). It was all about works for him in that religion and not God's grace and a Savior. Paul did not have Jesus to help him to overcome his sin. The righteous aspect or part of the Law (i.e. the Old Law) mentioned in verse 4 is the moral Law. See Romans 13:8-10. It is loving your neighbor. This righteous aspect or part of the "law" (the moral law) is fulfilled in us believers who walk not after the flesh but after the Spirit. For one of the fruits of the Spirit is love. If somebody is sinning on occasion or trying to justify that they can sin and still be saved, they are not showing a fruit of the Spirit in this case. For God cannot agree with sin. For He is holy, righteous, and good. Paul thanked Jesus that he has now overcome this struggle with the good part of the Old Law as a Pharisee. We are told in Romans 13:14 to put on the Lord Jesus Christ so as not to fulfill the lusts of the flesh. This would involve placing God's New Covenant laws upon our hearts (and not the Old Covenant laws as a whole). For we are under a New Covenant with new laws and commands.

Most Eternal Security proponents believe 1 John 1:7 does not relate to salvation. They think it is dealing with a loss of fellowship if you sin. But that is not what it is saying. 1 John 1:7 is saying that you must walk in the light of Christ so that the blood of Jesus cleanses you from all sin. No walking in the light of Christ means no cleansing blood that saves us. Stuart would strongly disagree with my interpretation on 1 John 1:7. He believes that a belief in Jesus is what saves you and sin cannot separate you from God. He believes that a believer will generally live holy as a part of being in Christ. But what about the other little sins? Also, what about others who do believe in Eternal Security and do treat God's grace as a license to sin thinking they are saved even if they were to mow down a crowd with a sub machine gun? In my many years of discussing Eternal Security, the hardcore sin and still be saved types do not appear to be teaching a different gospel message when listened to initially. They both sound the same. They both say all you need to do is believe in Jesus and you are saved and no sin can separate you from God. Sin is reduced to being no more dangerous than say a fluffy kitten. How ridiculous. Jesus said in Matthew 6:15 says if you do not forgive, then you will not be forgiven. Jesus says if you look upon a woman in lust, your whole body is in danger of hell fire. John says that we have hate our brother that no eternal life abides within us (1 John 3:15). The keeping of all law has not be abrogated in regards to our salvation. 1 John 3:23 says that we are commanded to believe on the Lord Jesus Christ. If the keeping of all law or commands were abrogated in regards to our salvation, then surely this command or law would be abrogated (in regards to our salvation), too.

Side Note:

Oh, and I do not believe the Old Covenant was an failed system of salvation (otherwise no saints from the Old Testament would be saved then). Yes, the Old Covenant was not as perfect as the New Covenant because of Jesus and full view of salvation revealed through Him and the truths revealed by Him, but I believe the Old Testament saint was born again spiritually and they dwelled with God and Christ, too. God originally intended His people (Israel) to also write His laws in their heart and for God to dwell in them and for them to obey out of love. For perfect love casts out fear. How does one have perfect love? Well, one perfects love by keeping His Word (1 John 2:5). This was in harmony with God's grace and repentance (that is for every believer since the very beginning with Adam and Eve). There were faithful Old Testament saints who did the right thing.

At one time, Paul (Saul) used to be in a false religion (i.e. the Pharisee religion) and he was not in the true Old Covenant ways of following the Lord. In the Pharisee religion it was all about an overemphasis of the Law and there was no focus on God's grace through repentance. Remember, even Jonah had repented to a city of Gentiles and they were saved by God's grace. This was the true old ways that was absent from Paul's false old religion of thinking that one can just keep God's laws alone and be saved. We get a glimpse of the false pharisee religion in the parable of the Tax Collector and the Pharisee. We learn that the Pharisee did not humble himself by asking for God's grace and mercy like the Tax Collector. It's why Jesus said, "repent or perish." The Pharisees were in desperate need to repent because they ignored the weightier matters of the law like justice, love, and mercy, etc. So when Paul talks about his struggle with keeping the Old Law in the false pharisee religion (that was all about works and no grace and no Savior), he could not keep the Law. Paul (Saul) did not have Jesus yet in his life yet to overcome sin. Romans 8:1 says there is no condemnation to those who are in Christ Jesus who WALK not after the flesh but after the Spirit. So somebody needs Jesus and they need to walk after the Spirit to not be under the Condemnation. One is not walking after the Spirit if they are justifying a sin and still be saved gospel and or they are minmizing sin. It doesn't work like that. God is good and His people are good, too.

I believe this is talking about the Old Law and it is not talking about New Covenant Law or all law in general; For Hebrews 7:12 says the Law has changed.

Me and Stuart are not both right because he is teaching that God's grace is a license for immorality that is warned to us in Jude 1:4; Whereas I believe God's grace teaches us to deny ungodliness and that we should live soberly, righteously, and Godly in this present world (TItus 2:11-12). Stuart believes you can sin on occasion and still be saved (or that you can die in one or two unrepentant sins and be saved) because he believes that keeping the moral law ultimately is not a salvation issue but yet he thinks the believer will live holy or more Christ like. This is what this thread is all about. He is preaching a double message of Eternal Security. One message says you can sin and still be saved and never stop sinning in this life and the other message says you will live more Christ like and holy. Both of these messages within Eternal Securirity conflict with each other. It is a false gospel message. The lie is evident in that it is not consistent within itself. No standard of morality is truly being upheld here. For sin is being minimized in favor of God's saving grace.

Verse 13 says if we live after the flesh we will die. Yet, if we live through the Spirit (obeying the commands of the New Testament that the Spirit had written through men) we do mortify (put to death) the sinful deeds of the body we will live. In other words, if one is not putting away sin out of their life and or going through the Sanctification process in living more holy, they are not living but they are dead. For Hebrews 12:14 says without holiness no man shall see the Lord. One cannot be holy and yet also justify the idea that we can sin and be rewarded with Heaven and or say to people that we can just believe on Jesus and it is not in anything that you do (because that will lead people to treat God's grace as a license to sin).

Most Eternal Security proponents believe 1 John 1:7 does not relate to salvation. They think it is dealing with a loss of fellowship if you sin. But that is not what it is saying. 1 John 1:7 is saying that you must walk in the light of Christ so that the blood of Jesus cleanses you from all sin. No walking in the light of Christ means no cleansing blood that saves us. Stuart would strongly disagree with my interpretation on 1 John 1:7. He believes that a belief in Jesus is what saves you and sin cannot separate you from God. He believes that a believer will generally live holy as a part of being in Christ. But what about the other little sins? Also, what about others who do believe in Eternal Security and do treat God's grace as a license to sin thinking they are saved even if they were to mow down a crowd with a sub machine gun? In my many years of discussing Eternal Security, the hardcore sin and still be saved types do not appear to be teaching a different gospel message when listened to initially. They both sound the same. They both say all you need to do is believe in Jesus and you are saved and no sin can separate you from God. Sin is reduced to being no more dangerous than say a fluffy kitten. How ridiculous. Jesus said in Matthew 6:15 says if you do not forgive, then you will not be forgiven. Jesus says if you look upon a woman in lust, your whole body is in danger of hell fire. John says that we have hate our brother that no eternal life abides within us (1 John 3:15). The keeping of all law has not be abrogated in regards to our salvation. 1 John 3:23 says that we are commanded to believe on the Lord Jesus Christ. If the keeping of all law or commands were abrogated in regards to our salvation, then surely this command or law would be abrogated (in regards to our salvation), too.

Side Note:

Oh, and I do not believe the Old Covenant was an failed system of salvation (otherwise no saints from the Old Testament would be saved then). Yes, the Old Covenant was not as perfect as the New Covenant because of Jesus and full view of salvation revealed through Him and the truths revealed by Him, but I believe the Old Testament saint was born again spiritually and they dwelled with God and Christ, too. God originally intended His people (Israel) to also write His laws in their heart and for God to dwell in them and for them to obey out of love. For perfect love casts out fear. How does one have perfect love? Well, one perfects love by keeping His Word (1 John 2:5). This was in harmony with God's grace and repentance (that is for every believer since the very beginning with Adam and Eve). There were faithful Old Testament saints who did the right thing.

At one time, Paul (Saul) used to be in a false religion (i.e. the Pharisee religion) and he was not in the true Old Covenant ways of following the Lord. In the Pharisee religion it was all about an overemphasis of the Law and there was no focus on God's grace through repentance. Remember, even Jonah had repented to a city of Gentiles and they were saved by God's grace. This was the true old ways that was absent from Paul's false old religion of thinking that one can just keep God's laws alone and be saved. We get a glimpse of the false pharisee religion in the parable of the Tax Collector and the Pharisee. We learn that the Pharisee did not humble himself by asking for God's grace and mercy like the Tax Collector. It's why Jesus said, "repent or perish." The Pharisees were in desperate need to repent because they ignored the weightier matters of the law like justice, love, and mercy, etc. So when Paul talks about his struggle with keeping the Old Law in the false pharisee religion (that was all about works and no grace and no Savior), he could not keep the Law. Paul (Saul) did not have Jesus yet in his life yet to overcome sin. Romans 8:1 says there is no condemnation to those who are in Christ Jesus who WALK not after the flesh but after the Spirit. So somebody needs Jesus and they need to walk after the Spirit to not be under the Condemnation. One is not walking after the Spirit if they are justifying a sin and still be saved gospel and or they are minmizing sin. It doesn't work like that. God is good and His people are good, too.

You do show your true heart with your distortions and lies of what others believe:

For sin shall no longer be your master, for you are not under law but under grace
Rom6:14

Upvote 0

Bible Highlighter

Site Supporter
Jul 22, 2014
✟1,194,503.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
You are like a petulant child Jason who sulks and stamps their feet when proved wrong. Determined to argue at all costs against the truth scripture plainly states. For you cannot understand the gospel message contained in the letter:

Do we then nullify the law by this faith( a righteousness of faith in Christ not observing the law) Not at all! Rather we uphold the law
Rom3:31.

I dont think it will matter how many times you read the Bible, your mind is closed to the truth

A person cannot uphold the Law and yet also preach a gospel message to people that says that all one needs to do is believe in Jesus to be saved and they do not need to worry about keeping the moral law on any level (for salvation). People will easily take that as a license to sin. Yes, I know, you think you love God and that helps you to overcome sin, but how is that really working out for you in your personal life? Do you sin 24/7 and think you are just automatically saved because you think you are not under any law salvation wise?

Try reading again 1 John 3:23.
Surely you are under this Law salvation wise, right?
So this means you are under some kind of law salvation wise.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Bible Highlighter

Site Supporter
Jul 22, 2014
✟1,194,503.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
You do show your true heart with your distortions and lies of what others believe:

For sin shall no longer be your master, for you are not under law but under grace
Rom6:14

It is talking about the Old Law and not the New Law.
It's why Paul says things like, "if you seek to be circumcised, Christ will profit you nothing." (Galatians 5:2).
Last I checked, circumcision is a part of the Old Law and not the New Law.

Upvote 0

Dan61861

7 days without God, makes one weak.
Jul 21, 2012
Valparaiso, Indiana
✟102,026.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Not one person who has ever lived can keep God's Law. Jesus kept the Law, you can say Christ is the Law. Jesus has defeated sin for us. It is all about Christ. He has truly freed us. Yet as Peter has said "As free, and not using your liberty for a cloak of maliciousness, but as the servants of God." This is what Paul is talking about in Gal. 5:5. As Christians, we do not use our liberty as a cloak of maliciousness.

Without this new birth, our birth in the grace of Almighty God through Christ our Lord we have no salvation. Christ has died once for our sins, our redemption is a one time act. Jesus has become our righteousness before God. When we look to find righteousness in any other way we add to the work of Christ. His sacrifice for our sins has no effect. Upon this new birth, we are Sealed with the Holy Spirit. The Spirit of Promise begins to work in our lifes searing our conscience as Stuart has said.

When we do sin, we take it to Christ knowing He is faithful to forgive us. In no way do we look to the Law to see if we are good enough. Knowing this, that Christ is our righteousness. Our confidence is in Christ, our hope is in Christ, our very lives are in Christ. We live in the confidence that God will finish what He has begun. "Being confident of this very thing, that he which hath begun a good work in you will perform it until the day of Jesus Christ:"

In Christ
Daniel

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

stuart lawrence

Oct 21, 2015
✟70,925.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
It is talking about the Old Law and not the New Law.
It's why Paul says things like, "if you seek to be circumcised, Christ will profit you nothing." (Galatians 5:2).
Last I checked, circumcision is a part of the Old Law and not the New Law.

It's your pride Jason. You want to be seen as a minister of the word, so cannot bring yourself to admit when you are wrong.
I imagine that is why you only have a superfluous understanding of the letter, and cannot understand the true spiritual message contained in it

• Agree
Reactions: Dan61861
Upvote 0

Dan61861

Jul 21, 2012
Valparaiso, Indiana
✟102,026.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
You are seeing something in my words that don't exist. Nowhere did I say I was following anyone or putting confidence in anyone by doing such a study on my own time alone with God (and then sharing this study here at CF when I am done). My following a reading plan from Romans to Jude (just because other Christians are doing that) does not mean I am going to listen to what they have to say later when I am done with my reading.

Read Jason...don't be so quick to react.
I never said this.

You said:
Then why are you saying you will talk to Stuart about this and not me? Or is that not what you are saying?

My reply:
Shouldn't you be pointing to neither you or Stuart but to God about this? Follow no man, put your confidence in no man.

In essence Jason, instead of you telling her to talk to you about this, you should be telling her to pray to the Lord about this.

In Christ
Daniel

Upvote 0

Bible Highlighter

Site Supporter
Jul 22, 2014
✟1,194,503.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Not one person who has ever lived can keep God's Law. Jesus kept the Law, you can say Christ is the Law. Jesus has defeated sin for us. It is all about Christ. He has truly freed us. Yet as Peter has said "As free, and not using your liberty for a cloak of maliciousness, but as the servants of God." This is what Paul is talking about in Gal. 5:5. As Christians, we do not use our liberty as a cloak of maliciousness.

Without this new birth, our birth in the grace of Almighty God through Christ our Lord we have no salvation. Christ has died once for our sins, our redemption is a one time act. Jesus has become our righteousness before God. When we look to find righteousness in any other way we add to the work of Christ. His sacrifice for our sins has no effect. Upon this new birth, we are Sealed with the Holy Spirit. The Spirit of Promise begins to work in our lifes searing our conscience as Stuart has said.

When we do sin, we take it to Christ knowing He is faithful to forgive us. In no way do we look to the Law to see if we are good enough. Knowing this, that Christ is our righteousness. Our confidence is in Christ, our hope is in Christ, our very lives are in Christ. We live in the confidence that God will finish what He has begun. "Being confident of this very thing, that he which hath begun a good work in you will perform it until the day of Jesus Christ:"

In Christ
Daniel

And here is the truth of your gospel.
It is turning God's grace into a license for immorality (See Jude 1:4) (NIV).
You say that nobody can keep God's laws.
So then we must wrongfully conclude Paul was talking as a Christian in his struggle of sin in Romans 7:14-24 (When this is not the case).

Paul said elsewhere,
"But I keep under my body, and bring it into subjection: lest that by any means, when I have preached to others, I myself should be a castaway." (1 Corinthians 9:27).

Upvote 0

Bible Highlighter

Site Supporter
Jul 22, 2014
✟1,194,503.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Read Jason...don't be so quick to react.
I never said this.

You said:
Then why are you saying you will talk to Stuart about this and not me? Or is that not what you are saying?

My reply:
Shouldn't you be pointing to neither you or Stuart but to God about this? Follow no man, put your confidence in no man.

In essence Jason, instead of you telling her to talk to you about this, you should be telling her to pray to the Lord about this.

In Christ
Daniel

That is erroneous thinking.
God's people can teach other believers doctrine, and they can correct, them, etc.

For God's Word says,

16 "All scripture is given by inspiration of God, and is profitable for doctrine, for reproof, for correction, for instruction in righteousness:
17 That the man of God may be perfect, throughly furnished unto all good works."
(2 Timothy 3:16-17).

I mean, Paul and the apostles wrote to other believers.
So the idea that believers cannot teach doctrine and correct believers makes absolutely no sense whatsoever.

Upvote 0

Dan61861

Jul 21, 2012
Valparaiso, Indiana
✟102,026.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
That is erroneous thinking.
God's people can teach other believers doctrine, and they can correct, them, etc.

For God's Word says,

16 "All scripture is given by inspiration of God, and is profitable for doctrine, for reproof, for correction, for instruction in righteousness:
17 That the man of God may be perfect, throughly furnished unto all good works."
(2 Timothy 3:16-17).

I mean, Paul and the apostles wrote to other believers.
So the idea that believers cannot teach doctrine and correct believers makes absolutely no sense whatsoever.

You are not Paul, you are not an Apostle. The Bible says the Holy Spirit leads us to truth. Sure we do sharpen one another, yet we always point to God for truth.

In Christ
Daniel

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Dan61861

Jul 21, 2012
Valparaiso, Indiana
✟102,026.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
And here is the truth of your gospel.
It is turning God's grace into a license for immorality (See Jude 1:4) (NIV).
You say that nobody can keep God's laws.
So then we must wrongfully conclude Paul was talking as a Christian in his struggle of sin in Romans 7:14-24 (When this is not the case).

Paul said elsewhere,
"But I keep under my body, and bring it into subjection: lest that by any means, when I have preached to others, I myself should be a castaway." (1 Corinthians 9:27).

Again Jason

Who is teaching Christ and Him Crucified
Who is teaching man's righteousness

In Christ
Daniel

Upvote 0

stuart lawrence

Oct 21, 2015
✟70,925.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
A person cannot uphold the Law and yet also preach a gospel message to people that says that all one needs to do is believe in Jesus to be saved and they do not need to worry about keeping the moral law on any level (for salvation). People will easily take that as a license to sin. Yes, I know, you think you love God and that helps you to overcome sin, but how is that really working out for you in your personal life? Do you sin 24/7 and think you are just automatically saved because you think you are not under any law salvation wise?

Try reading again 1 John 3:23.
Surely you are under this Law salvation wise, right?
So this means you are under some kind of law salvation wise.

Is God laws in your heart Jason?
You repeatedly state if you believed no law of righteousness existed you would feel free to sin as much as you wanted.
Where is your live for God in that statement?
No one seeks to casually offend the one they truly love.
How can anyone with the law in their heart, take the view they can happily go against what is in their heart if no law of righteousness exists?

There is no love for God in solely seeking to obey to avoid hell.

Upvote 0

Bible Highlighter

Site Supporter
Jul 22, 2014
✟1,194,503.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Is God laws in your heart Jason?
You repeatedly state if you believed no law of righteousness existed you would feel free to sin as much as you wanted.
Where is your live for God in that statement?
No one seeks to casually offend the one they truly love.
How can anyone with the law in their heart, take the view they can happily go against what is in their heart if no law of righteousness exists?

There is no love for God in solely seeking to obey to avoid hell.

Yes, God's laws are in my heart. David said he hid God's Word within his heart so that he may not sin against the Lord (Psalms 119:11).

Upvote 0

Bible Highlighter

Site Supporter
Jul 22, 2014
✟1,194,503.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Again Jason

Who is teaching Christ and Him Crucified
Who is teaching man's righteousness

In Christ
Daniel

But you are only teaching the milk of the Word (Which is a message that the Corinthian church could only accept) and you are not teaching the meat of the Word. You are not teaching a full and complete gospel message. You are only preaching half of it.

I mean, stop and think for a moment.

For what purpose did Jesus gave Himself for?

Try reading Ephesians 5:25-27 and Titus 2:14 for the answer.

For Jesus is the author of eternal salvation to all who OBEY Him (Hebrews 5:9).

Upvote 0

stuart lawrence

Oct 21, 2015
✟70,925.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Yes, God's laws are in my heart. David said he hid God's Word within his heart so that he may not sin against the Lord (Psalms 119:11).

So if Gods laws are in your heart, how could you feel you have a licence to break them if no law of righteousness exists?

Upvote 0