Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
I cannot reply to you on this properly until I hear back in where I can post my reply (if such a thing is possible).

My post was:
SBC said:
This verse you are referencing is:

1 John 3:9
Whosoever is born of God doth not commit sin; for his seed remaineth in him: and he cannot sin, because he is born of God.”

Offer a commentary? No. Scripture is clear WHO, WHAT, WHEN, WHY it applies.

The WHO is applied to "whosoever"
The WHEN is applied to the whosoever WHO is "born of God"
The WHAT is applied to who, is born of God, "does not commit sin, can not sin"
The WHY is applied because "Gods Seed is forever, in the "whosoever", born of God.

Rom 6
[7] For he that is dead is freed from sin.

Rom 6
10] For in that he died, he died unto sin once: but in that he liveth, he liveth unto God.
[11] Likewise reckon ye also yourselves to be dead indeed unto sin...

Everything in Scripture that applies to a SINNER HOPING to become reconciled unto God always hinges on "IF" the SINNER does certain things. And you can clearly read in Scripture "IF" (whatever Scripture is saying).

"IF" the SINNER "accomplishes" what God requires for the SINNER to become reconciled unto God; "THEN" it is "accomplished" and "other things" "THEN" apply to that man.

God Bless,
SBC

If you would like to comment okay, if not okay.

God Bless,
SBC

• Prayers
Reactions: Gabriel Anton
Upvote 0

stuart lawrence

Oct 21, 2015
✟70,925.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Mt 13:28 says the world not the devil, and that a man did this, sowing bad seed among the good churches.
Unbelievable
The weeds are the sons of the evil one, and the enemy who sows them is the devil
Matt13:38&39

• Prayers
Upvote 0

SBC

Jul 9, 2017
US
✟38,276.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
stuart lawrence ~
Seems to me the people who excuse their sin are the ones who claim not to have any.

What "seems to you", in regard to others is irrelevant.

"NO ONE has claimed" to "excuse their sin"! Those are YOUR CLAIMS! YOU own them.

"NO ONE has claimed" to "not have any sin". Those are YOUR CLAIMS! YOU own them.

You SHOULD really pay attention to what PEOPLE claim for themselves, instead of making claims for others!

Several have claimed; God forgave their sins!
Several have claimed; They SIN NO MORE. They CAN NOT COMMIT SIN!

IF you want to SPEAK against an others claims they claim for themselves....go ahead; WITH THEIR OWN WORDS (not yours)

God Bless,
SBC

• Prayers
Upvote 0

ToBeLoved

Site Supporter
Jan 3, 2014
✟322,485.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
No. Making a point. Every individual owns their own words!
He was making an observation and the next thing you know you are going off on some accusatory rant.

Your reading things into words that are not said because your emotional or not controlling yourself. You have to be in the right frame of mind to dialog. Are you sure you are able to continue?

• Prayers
Upvote 0

SBC

Jul 9, 2017
US
✟38,276.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
May you one day pick up that cross and carry it as Jesus calls us to.

What does "pick up that cross and carry it" mean to you?

Curious of why you are saying to Jason in # 2564, your apparent desire that he "may one day pick up that cross".

Does your comment mean, you don't believe Jason HAS picked up that cross?

God Bless,
SBC

• Prayers
Upvote 0

ToBeLoved

Site Supporter
Jan 3, 2014
✟322,485.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
What does "pick up that cross and carry it" mean to you?

Curious of why you are saying to Jason in # 2564, your apparent desire that he "may one day pick up that cross".

Does your comment mean, you don't believe Jason HAS picked up that cross?

God Bless,
SBC
I would read it again. It's pretty self explanatory.

• Prayers
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

he-man

he-man
Oct 28, 2010
usa
✟90,748.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Unbelievable
The weeds are the sons of the evil one, and the enemy who sows them is the devil
Sorry that was Mt. 25:38 and Origende Principiis Book II says the same for the word πονηρου ..'an evil man out of the evil treasure bringeth forth evil things.'

Upvote 0

ToBeLoved

Site Supporter
Jan 3, 2014
✟322,485.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
The classic example, of the would be preacher, who does not know what they think they know, is looong posts, woodenly reciting much of the literal letter
Quantity over quality.

There's a saying "If you can't Dazzle them with brilliance, baffle them with bull..t"

Upvote 0

he-man

he-man
Oct 28, 2010
usa
✟90,748.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Unbelievable
πονηρου is used the same in Origende Principiis, Book II an evil man out of the evil treasure bringeth forth evil things (69) and διαβολος, the word you translate as devil, is actually of Hebrew origin and means adversary, enemy.

Upvote 0

SBC

Jul 9, 2017
US
✟38,276.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
He was making an observation and the next thing you know you are going off on some accusatory rant.

And? You are accusing me right now. So what's your point, accusations are reserved for you only?

Your reading things into words that are not said because your emotional or not controlling yourself. You have to be in the right frame of mind to dialog. Are you sure you are able to continue?

And another accusation.
And your reasoning, because you know my emotions. LOL

Are you psychic?

• Prayers
Upvote 0

SBC

Jul 9, 2017
US
✟38,276.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
1John.3
  1. [9] Whosoever is born of God doth not commit sin; for his seed remaineth in him: and he cannot sin, because he is born of God.
Praise the Lord, He has made me "born of God".

It would be awesome for those on this forum, this thread particularly, who claim they SIN, would also become "born of God".

God Bless,
SBC

• Prayers
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

SBC

Jul 9, 2017
US
✟38,276.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
I would read it again. It's pretty self explanatory.

Okay, (even though you can not come out and clarify your own words), I will presume that you meant Jason is not a Christian.

Rules;

"Stating or implying that another Christian member, or group of members, are not Christian is not allowed."

• Prayers
Upvote 0

stuart lawrence

Oct 21, 2015
✟70,925.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Sorry that was Mt. 25:38 and Origende Principiis Book II says the same for the word πονηρου ..'an evil man out of the evil treasure bringeth forth evil things.'
Yes and what I quoted was the explanation of the parable. There is a gap before you get the explanation

• Prayers
Upvote 0

stuart lawrence

Oct 21, 2015
✟70,925.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
πονηρου is used the same in Origende Principiis, Book II an evil man out of the evil treasure bringeth forth evil things (69) and διαβολος, the word you translate as devil, is actually of Hebrew origin and means adversary, enemy.
I don't know what you are talking about.
The parable of the weeds is verses 24-30, the explanation is verses 36-43.
In the explanation of the parable, the enemy who sows the weeds is the devil. In your Bible, in the explanation of the parable, doesn't it say that??
Who sowed the weeds in your Bible, in the explanation?

Last edited:
  • Prayers
Upvote 0

stuart lawrence

Oct 21, 2015
✟70,925.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I've never read origende principiis book 11. The Bible gives a spiritual message, it is spiritually understood. Never felt the need to read such books in order to gain spiritual understanding
Jesus said the Holy Spirit would lead us into truth, that's enough for me

• Prayers
Upvote 0

ToBeLoved

Site Supporter
Jan 3, 2014
✟322,485.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
And? You are accusing me right now. So what's your point, accusations are reserved for you only?

And another accusation.
And your reasoning, because you know my emotions. LOL

Are you psychic?
My point is stop acting like a hot head and if you cannot converse then maybe leave the thread because your acting ridiculous.

Actually, I think we can stop talking all together. See you later and may God bless you.

I really like to talk about scripture, but this thread has taken a nose dive.

• Prayers
Upvote 0