Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
How do you know what the laws are that God places in our hearts?

Mark 12
[28] And one of the scribes came, and having heard them reasoning together, and perceiving that he had answered them well, asked him, Which is the first commandment of all?
[29] And Jesus answered him, The first of all the commandments is, Hear, O Israel; The Lord our God is one Lord:
[30] And thou shalt love the Lord thy God with all thy heart, and with all thy soul, and with all thy mind, and with all thy strength: this is the first commandment.
[31] And the second is like, namely this, Thou shalt love thy neighbour as thyself. There is none other commandment greater than these

2Cor.3

1. [3] Forasmuch as ye are manifestly declared to be the epistle of Christ ministered by us, written not with ink, but with the Spirit of the living God; not in tables of stone, but in fleshy tables of the heart.
God Bless,
SBC

Upvote 0

ToBeLoved

Site Supporter
Jan 3, 2014
✟322,485.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Mark 12
[28] And one of the scribes came, and having heard them reasoning together, and perceiving that he had answered them well, asked him, Which is the first commandment of all?
[29] And Jesus answered him, The first of all the commandments is, Hear, O Israel; The Lord our God is one Lord:
[30] And thou shalt love the Lord thy God with all thy heart, and with all thy soul, and with all thy mind, and with all thy strength: this is the first commandment.
[31] And the second is like, namely this, Thou shalt love thy neighbour as thyself. There is none other commandment greater than these

2Cor.3

1. [3] Forasmuch as ye are manifestly declared to be the epistle of Christ ministered by us, written not with ink, but with the Spirit of the living God; not in tables of stone, but in fleshy tables of the heart.
God Bless,
SBC
That doesn't say what is written on our hearts. Are you guessing

Upvote 0

1stcenturylady

Spirit-filled follower of Christ
Site Supporter
Feb 13, 2017
Tennessee
✟431,122.00
Country
United States
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Celibate
Politics
US-Republican
How do you know what the laws are that God places in our hearts?

They are the eternal laws that even the TC were based on. To love God with all your heart, mind and strength, and love your neighbor as yourself.

Reactions: SBC
Upvote 0

ToBeLoved

Site Supporter
Jan 3, 2014
✟322,485.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Stuart, I've heard you talk about the laws on your heart. Who put them there? The Spirit, that's who. Those are the laws of the Spirit of life in Christ, to love God with all your heart, mind and strength and your neighbor as yourself. They are NOT the Old Covenant laws of sin and death.

Can you share the verses that specifically state what the laws are that are written on our hearts.

Upvote 0

SBC

Jul 9, 2017
US
✟38,276.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
That doesn't say what is written on our hearts. Are you guessing

Why do you want others to give you information when ending every comment with a snide comment?

Why do you want others to do your homework for you?

Did YOU go search the scriptures to see if what is being said is true?

Jer 31
[33] But this shall be the covenant that I will make with the house of Israel; After those days, saith the LORD, I will put my law in their inward parts, and write it in their hearts; and will be their God, and they shall be my people.

If you have become saved and born again ~
Why did you commit to something you did not FIRST learn ABOUT what you were committing to and know what that means?

Do you NOT KNOW, the changes God makes WITHIN a man who becomes saved and born again? If not, why not? Because God putting HIS Word within a mans Heart, is a huge part of Gods changes WITHIN a man who becomes saved and born again.

God Bless,
SBC

Upvote 0

SBC

Jul 9, 2017
US
✟38,276.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
First. What are the fruit of the Spirit? Held to know where you are going.

It was revealed 4 posts before you asked.

It is revealed IN Scripture!

When something sparks your interest, why do you not go and search the scriptures for yourself as Scripture teaches to do?

Gal 5
[22] But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, longsuffering, gentleness, goodness, faith,
[23] Meekness, temperance: against such there is no law.

Eph 5
[9] (For the fruit of the Spirit is in all goodness and righteousness and truth

God Bless,
SBC

Last edited:
Upvote 0

SBC

Jul 9, 2017
US
✟38,276.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
Can you share the verses that specifically state what the laws are that are written on our hearts.

Look ~

OT men had 10 commandments written by the finger of God on tablets of stone.
Moses broke them.
Mose then carved in stone the 10 commandments of God.
Thereafter God spoke to Moses "His words", "His laws.
Moses spoke them to the people.
Later the "laws" began to be written.
As the people spread out, copies of the written laws were also made for the people.
Traditionally, the law was also spoken, repeated in the ears of children.

Centuries are passing by; and that ultimately AFFECTS the written laws.
Law are kept by the Hebrews;
Hebrews spread out, some have copies of the laws;
Some Hebrews continue in obeying the laws; some don't.
Those who don't; the knowledge of the laws become lost to them.
At times the Hebrews are captured;
At times their laws are destroyed;
At times their laws are rewritten from memory;
At times their laws are stolen;
At times their laws are kept in their Temples;
At times their laws are hidden in earthen vessels;

And to note:
men without the laws of God; make their own laws, their own gods, their own traditions.

Centuries later Jesus arrives on earth;
Jesus teaches his chosen disciples about Him, and about Gods Law.
The 10 commandments (except one) appear in the NT of written scripture.

The one exception is regarding the 4th commandment (ie the Sabbath day).
During Jesus' teaching He gives 2 commandments.
If you examine those 2 commandments closely, they are a culmination of all of the commandments of God and scripture tells you;

Matt 22:
[37] Thou shalt love the Lord thy God with all thy heart, and with all thy soul, and with all thy mind.
[38] This is the first and great commandment.
[39] Thou shalt love thy neighbour as thyself.
[40] On these two commandments hang all the law and the prophets.

What is written in a mans (new) Heart are the two commandment of Jesus; the greater first, the lesser second.

It is impressed these commandments are not written in stone, as were the first 10 commandments.

It is impressed these commandments were not written in ink on paper (because remember Jesus was speaking, not reading from a text.) The (NT) text had not been written.

Jesus was speaking of Gods most important (Word) Laws being written IN a mans heart.

And IFY ~ they are NOT written in every mans heart. They are laws/commandments FOR a man who is committed himself in faithfulness to God. And such a man has received a NEW Heart from God; as part of the mans change (by God) for a man who has committed unto God in true faithfulness....and that "new" heart....every man with a "new" heart, is a man with these commandments written in his heart.

God Bless,
SBC

Upvote 0

ToBeLoved

Site Supporter
Jan 3, 2014
✟322,485.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Why do you want others to give you information when ending every comment with a snide comment?

Why do you want others to do your homework for you?

Did YOU go search the scriptures to see if what is being said is true?

Jer 31
[33] But this shall be the covenant that I will make with the house of Israel; After those days, saith the LORD, I will put my law in their inward parts, and write it in their hearts; and will be their God, and they shall be my people.

If you have become saved and born again ~
Why did you commit to something you did not FIRST learn ABOUT what you were committing to and know what that means?

Do you NOT KNOW, the changes God makes WITHIN a man who becomes saved and born again? If not, why not? Because God putting HIS Word within a mans Heart, is a huge part of Gods changes WITHIN a man who becomes saved and born again.

God Bless,
SBC
You stated what it was. I'm only asking for verses that support your statement. Maybe don't talk if you don't want to back it up.

And FYI: I don't ask people with bad theological understanding for advice. That's like banging ones head against the wall. I'd most likely ask my pastor, not you. So don't think I want your advice. I never asked for it and you are misrepresenting me.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

ToBeLoved

Site Supporter
Jan 3, 2014
✟322,485.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Look ~

OT men had 10 commandments written by the finger of God on tablets of stone.
Moses broke them.
Mose then carved in stone the 10 commandments of God.
Thereafter God spoke to Moses "His words", "His laws.
Moses spoke them to the people.
Later the "laws" began to be written.
As the people spread out, copies of the written laws were also made for the people.
Traditionally, the law was also spoken, repeated in the ears of children.

Centuries are passing by; and that ultimately AFFECTS the written laws.
Law are kept by the Hebrews;
Hebrews spread out, some have copies of the laws;
Some Hebrews continue in obeying the laws; some don't.
Those who don't; the knowledge of the laws become lost to them.
At times the Hebrews are captured;
At times their laws are destroyed;
At times their laws are rewritten from memory;
At times their laws are stolen;
At times their laws are kept in their Temples;
At times their laws are hidden in earthen vessels;

And to note:
men without the laws of God; make their own laws, their own gods, their own traditions.

Centuries later Jesus arrives on earth;
Jesus teaches his chosen disciples about Him, and about Gods Law.
The 10 commandments (except one) appear in the NT of written scripture.

The one exception is regarding the 4th commandment (ie the Sabbath day).
During Jesus' teaching He gives 2 commandments.
If you examine those 2 commandments closely, they are a culmination of all of the commandments of God and scripture tells you;

Matt 22:
[37] Thou shalt love the Lord thy God with all thy heart, and with all thy soul, and with all thy mind.
[38] This is the first and great commandment.
[39] Thou shalt love thy neighbour as thyself.
[40] On these two commandments hang all the law and the prophets.

What is written in a mans (new) Heart are the two commandment of Jesus; the greater first, the lesser second.

It is impressed these commandments are not written in stone, as were the first 10 commandments.

It is impressed these commandments were not written in ink on paper (because remember Jesus was speaking, not reading from a text.) The (NT) text had not been written.

Jesus was speaking of Gods most important (Word) Laws being written IN a mans heart.

And IFY ~ they are NOT written in every mans heart. They are laws/commandments FOR a man who is committed himself in faithfulness to God. And such a man has received a NEW Heart from God; as part of the mans change (by God) for a man who has committed unto God in true faithfulness....and that "new" heart....every man with a "new" heart, is a man with these commandments written in his heart.

God Bless,
SBC
You are struggling with people disagreeing with your theology.

I'm going to step away and discuss theology with someone who Doesn't take theology as an ego hit.

Shouldn't be about you. I've been in this spot. Best to just walk away when someone takes theology personally as a direct personal attack.

Upvote 0

ToBeLoved

Site Supporter
Jan 3, 2014
✟322,485.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
You have a consciousness of sin if you break them
I was more asking those who had a specific opinion about what it is.

I wanted to know what in the Bible or what verses they feel have told them that. Because I don't know that God has ever told us.

• Prayers
Reactions: Gabriel Anton
Upvote 0

Dan61861

7 days without God, makes one weak.
Jul 21, 2012
Valparaiso, Indiana
✟102,026.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
The believers in the word of God, WHO live UNDER THE LAW, are those to whom the Law was given!

The Law was given to the Hebrews, the Jews........NOT the Gentiles!

Jesus did not destroy the Law. The Hebrews/Jews still live UNDER THE LAW!

Matt.5
  1. [17] Think not that I am come to destroy the law, or the prophets: I am not come to destroy, but to fulfil.
Jesus came to FULFILL the law. The GENTILES (who were never UNDER THE LAW) accept Jesus' fulfillment of Hebrew/Jewish LAWS.

The Hebrews/Jews DO NOT accept Jesus' fulfillment of the "THEIR" Laws.
Gentiles do!

So you preaching to Gentile Christians about BEING UNDER THE LAW; as if you think they are under the Law....or pretending they think they are under the Law....is MOOT.

Gentile Christians are not claiming to be UNDER Hebrew/Jewish Law -

You are simply making implications, to something Gentile Christians are NOT SAYING, then giving a speech as if it is relevant. It isn't.

Hebrews/Jews believe and obey according to what and how God provided for THEM to become acceptable and perfect and holy unto God.

Christians believe and obey according to what and how God provided for THEM to become acceptable and perfect and holy unto God.

You attempting to mix the two simply creates a muddled mess confounding the TRUTH.

I specifically asked you WHAT LAW you kept carrying on and on about.
You either didn't know, or ignored it's importance, regardless you never answered.

Gentiles are NOT under Hebrew/Jews LAW. Period.

Pretending your lectures have significance when speaking to Gentile Christians about "THE LAW", which IS Hebrew/Jewish Law; implying FOR THEM, there is ANY parallel between them not under the law and Jews under the law; is nonsense.
You are mistaken my friend. It is a sin for a Jew to kill just as much as it is a sin for a Gentile to kill. Israel was given the oracles of God, not to bury them deep in the soil like the wicked servant. They were to go out to every Nation preaching God's great wonders.
  • Chronicles 16:24 “Declare his glory among the heathen; his marvellous works among all nations.”
  • Psalms 96:3 “Declare his glory among the heathen, his wonders among all people.”
The Jews, who are still under the Law will not be saved. John 14:6 “Jesus saith unto him, I am the way, the truth, and the life: no man cometh unto the Father, but by me.” Jesus told them, their father was the devil. A Jew without Christ has no eternal life.

You are correct, Christ did not abolish the Law. It has been a tutor, teaching us that we are wretched. It has, it always will point us to Christ. We do not find righteousness by following it though. Read Galatians, Paul makes that abundantly clear, James makes it clear. Our righteousness is in Christ, our faith in Him. 1 Corinthians 1:30 “But of him are ye in Christ Jesus, who of God is made unto us wisdom, and righteousness, and sanctification, and redemption:”

What is being taught here is, the Holy Spirit and Christians follow the Law. When we have stopped sinning against the Law, we are than no longer under the Law. When we stop sinning by following the Law, we become righteous.

It may be MOOT to you, you should tell that to Paul.

In Christ
Daniel

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

stuart lawrence

Oct 21, 2015
✟70,875.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Stuart, I've heard you talk about the laws on your heart. Who put them there? The Spirit, that's who. Those are the laws of the Spirit of life in Christ, to love God with all your heart, mind and strength and your neighbor as yourself. They are NOT the Old Covenant laws of sin and death.

But why do they seem the same? Thou shalt not kill? Love prevents that in your new nature. Thou shalt not steal? Self-control prevents that in your new nature. Thou shalt not commit adultery? Faithfulness prevents that in your new nature. Thou shalt not covet? Peace and contentment prevents that in your new nature. Thou shalt not lie? Kindness prevents that in your new nature. Honor your parents? Longsuffering and gentleness takes care of them for as long as they live. Believing in the name of Jesus Christ? Joy unspeakable!

Whatever you wouldn't want done to yourself, you do to others.

The fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, longsuffering, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, 23 gentleness, self-control. Against such there is no law. 24 And those who are Christ’s have crucified the flesh with its passions and desires. 25 If we live in the Spirit, let us also walk in the Spirit. 26 Let us not become conceited, provoking one another, envying one another.

Those who have to STRIVE to be all the above, don't have the law of the Spirit of life in Christ, they are still trying to keep the law of sin and death in THEIR OWN strength. Their carnal nature makes it hard.
The OC laws of sin and death are not placed in your heart, really?
The law of sin and death was the TC
So

But why do they seem the same? Thou shalt not kill? Love prevents that in your new nature. Thou shalt not steal? Self-control prevents that in your new nature. Thou shalt not commit adultery? Faithfulness prevents that in your new nature. Thou shalt not covet? Peace and contentment prevents that in your new nature. Thou shalt not lie? Kindness prevents that in your new nature. Honor your parents? Longsuffering and gentleness takes care of them for as long as they live. Believing in the name of Jesus Christ? Joy unspeakable!

Whatever you wouldn't want done to yourself, you do to others.

The fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, longsuffering, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, 23 gentleness, self-control. Against such there is no law. 24 And those who are Christ’s have crucified the flesh with its passions and desires. 25 If we live in the Spirit, let us also walk in the Spirit. 26 Let us not become conceited, provoking one another, envying one another.

Those who have to STRIVE to be all the above, don't have the law of the Spirit of life in Christ, they are still trying to keep the law of sin and death in THEIR OWN strength. Their carnal nature makes it hard.
The OC laws of sin and death are not placed in our hearts, really?
Only love God and love your neighbour are the laws placed in our hearts?

The law of sin and death was the TC

If a Christian stole something, would they specifically be conscious they sinned because they committed theft, or because they had not loved as they should?

Through the law we become conscious of sin rom3:20

If a Christian coveted, would they specifically be conscious they sinned because they coveted, or simply be conscious they sinned because they didn't love as they should?

If a person committed adultery, would they specifically be conscious they sinned by committing adultery, or would they only be conscious they sinned because they had not loved as they should?

You are wrong, Jesus did not come to abolish the law. The law on stone/ TC got transferred to tablets of human hearts. 2,cor3:3.
But it is NOT a law if sin and death now, because:

Christ is the end of the law UNTO RIGHTEOUSNESS for everyone who believeth
Rom10:4

• Prayers
Upvote 0

stuart lawrence

Oct 21, 2015
✟70,875.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
If you have heartfelt consciousness of sin specifically relating to coveting, stealing, bearing false witness, co.mitting adultery etc, those individual commandments MUST be placed in your heart.
For only through the law can you become conscious of sin

• Prayers
Upvote 0

stuart lawrence

Oct 21, 2015
✟70,875.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
How many Christians on this website would say they are only convicted of sin in regard to failure g to love God and their neighbour?
And how many would say they are convicted of individual specific sins such as coveting, bearing false witness etc?

You know which law is in your heart, for if you transgress it, you have heartfelt conviction of sin concerning it

• Prayers
Upvote 0

stuart lawrence

Oct 21, 2015
✟70,875.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I was more asking those who had a specific opinion about what it is.

I wanted to know what in the Bible or what verses they feel have told them that. Because I don't know that God has ever told us.
The core foundation upon which the NC stands is twofold:

This is the covenant I will make with them after that time says the Lord
I will write my laws in their minds
And place them on their hearts
Then he adds
Their sins and lawless deeds I will remember no more
Heb10:16&17

We don't have an inexhaustible list of all the laws placed in our hearts. Simple way I look at it is. Anything that gives you heartfelt conviction of sin is a law placed in your heart.
The TC have been placed there( nine as written) for if you break any of those nine as written you will be conscious you sin:

For:

Sin is the transgression of the law 1john3:4

• Prayers
Upvote 0

ToBeLoved

Site Supporter
Jan 3, 2014
✟322,485.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
The core foundation upon which the NC stands is twofold:

This is the covenant I will make with them after that time says the Lord
I will write my laws in their minds
And place them on their hearts
Then he adds
Their sins and lawless deeds I will remember no more
Heb10:16&17

We don't have an inexhaustible list of all the laws placed in our hearts. Simple way I look at it is. Anything that gives you heartfelt conviction of sin is a law placed in your heart.
The TC have been placed there( nine as written) for if you break any of those nine as written you will be conscious you sin:

For:

Sin is the transgression of the law 1john3:4
That's pretty much what I believe. I think it allows us to recognize our sin more. In our conscious Ann's in our hearts.

• Prayers
Upvote 0