Feb 25, 2008
✟806,567.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
True enough, God is no respecter of persons as Peter stated. But He is also a stickler about keeping promises He has made. And it is treading on dangerous ground to suggest that He changed His mind and threw Abraham, Isaac, and Jacob (Israel) under the bus.

Jesus speaking to the Jews about Abraham et al:
John 8:56
Your father Abraham rejoiced to see my day: and he saw it, and was glad.
Abraham and the bus never met.

God speaking through the Holy Spirit to Paul about Jesus:
2 Corinthians 1:20
For all the promises of God in him are yea, and in him Amen, unto the glory of God by us.
God keeps His promises through Christ.

And you seem to be confusing individual salvation with the preserving of a group. Peter is addressing Cornelius' household. Cornelius is a Gentile. "Nation" in verse 35 you reference is ethos in Greek, the equivalent of Goy in Hebrew, which has generally been used to mean "gentile". Peter is becoming aware that Gentiles are acceptable to God thru Messiah. It has no relevance to this discussion.

You also have problems with basic grammar.

From Strongs:
3. race, nation: Matthew 21:43; Acts 10:35, etc.

Peter uses the word generically without ethnic distinction. God's conditions of acceptability are identical for every nation and individual on earth.

Reactions: BABerean2
Upvote 0

Copperhead

Site Supporter
Feb 22, 2013
✟208,325.00
Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Married
Since the letter to the Romans was written in Greek, your English professor would not be much help unless he also reads Greek.

Well, if we are going to get technical, "they are" doesn't appear at all in the original Greek. But it is extremely difficult to translate the meaning from one language to another without using words in the receptor language that are not direct from words in the original.

But the fact that every English translation from the Geneva Bible on up thru today's versions do use some level of dynamic equivalence in translation, it seems justified.

So let's take those "they are" out of the text and see what it says and if it changes things....

Romans 11:28-29 (NKJV) Concerning the gospel enemies for your sake, but concerning the election beloved for the sake of the fathers. 29 For the gifts and the calling of God irrevocable.

Doesn't seem to change the delivery in any substantial way. So probably the translators didn't need to rely so much on dynamic equivalence in translating the passage. Especially when.....

Isaiah 45:4 (NKJV) For Jacob My servant's sake,
And Israel My elect,
I have even called you by your name;
I have named you, though you have not known Me.

Uh oh! there are those inconvenient two witnesses, the OT and NT, which are required by the Torah to establish anything. Paul says Israel is "elect" and Isaiah says Israel is "elect". The most venerated of the Apostles and the most venerated of the Prophets (Yeshua quoted Isaiah more than any other prophet) seem to agree. Settles it for me.

And being elect does not mean individual salvation. It is a corporate election, not an individual one.

Actually, Dr. Richard Tubbs was very fluent in several languages including Greek and Latin. The guy had a mind like a trap. I admired his approach to things. He was tough, but great to learn under. And he had a great sense of humor! A fine educator.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

jgr

Site Supporter
Feb 25, 2008
✟806,567.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Well, if we are going to get technical, "they are" doesn't appear at all in the original Greek. But it is extremely difficult to translate the meaning from one language to another without using words in the receptor language that are not direct from words in the original.

But the fact that every English translation from the Geneva Bible on up thru today's versions do use some level of dynamic equivalence in translation, it seems justified.

So let's take those "they are" out of the text and see what it says and if it changes things....

Romans 11:28-29 (NKJV) Concerning the gospel enemies for your sake, but concerning the election beloved for the sake of the fathers. 29 For the gifts and the calling of God irrevocable.

Doesn't seem to change the delivery in any substantial way. So probably the translators didn't need to rely so much on dynamic equivalence in translating the passage. Especially when.....

And Israel My elect,

Uh oh! there are those inconvenient two witnesses, the OT and NT, which are required by the Torah to establish anything. Paul says Israel is "elect" and Isaiah says Israel is "elect". The most venerated of the Apostles and the most venerated of the Prophets (Yeshua quoted Isaiah more than any other prophet) seem to agree. Settles it for me.

And being elect does not mean individual salvation. It is a corporate election, not an individual one.

Actually, Dr. Richard Tubbs was very fluent in several languages including Greek and Latin. The guy had a mind like a trap. I admired his approach to things. He was tough, but great to learn under. And he had a great sense of humor! A fine educator.

Romans 9:27
Esaias also crieth concerning Israel, Though the number of the children of Israel be as the sand of the sea, a remnant shall be saved:

Romans 11:5
Even so then at this present time also there is a remnant according to the election of grace.

Paul quotes Isaiah and adds his clarification regarding the identity of the elect.

It is the believing remnant who have trusted Christ and received salvation by grace through faith.

Upvote 0

Copperhead

Site Supporter
Feb 22, 2013
✟208,325.00
Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Married
Indeed! at the present time, those of Israel that are saved are saved the same as anyone else. Nothing new here folks, now move along.

And a remnant that remains to the end of the GT will be saved out of the Great Tribulation / Time of Jacob's Trouble per Jeremiah. Makes sense it is only a remnant. 2/3 of Jewish people will be die during that time per Zechariah. Twice as many as in the holocaust of Europe.

But Zechariah also says that those that remain will call on the Lord's name. And that matches up with Hosea 5:15 - 6:2 and Matthew 23:39. Dog gone it! There are those two witnesses (OT and NT) confirming things again.

Upvote 0

BABerean2

Site Supporter
May 21, 2014
North Carolina
✟893,665.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married

And Israel My elect,

Do you deny that Paul refers to two different groups of Israelites throughout Romans chapter 11?

There were the Baal worshipers and the remnant of 7,000 during the time of Elijah, at the beginning of the chapter.

There were the branches broken off and those that remained in the tree, in the middle of the chapter.

Paul said the branches broken off can be grafted back into the Olive Tree, through faith in Christ.

I wish Dr. Tubbs was here to show you that Paul provides no path to salvation outside of the Olive Tree Church in Romans chapter 11.

Joh 19:30 When Jesus therefore had received the vinegar, he said, It is finished: and he bowed his head, and gave up the ghost.

Joh 19:31 The Jews therefore, because it was the preparation, that the bodies should not remain upon the cross on the sabbath day, (for that sabbath day was an high day,) besought Pilate that their legs might be broken, and that they might be taken away.
Joh 19:32 Then came the soldiers, and brake the legs of the first, and of the other which was crucified with him.
Joh 19:33 But when they came to Jesus, and saw that he was dead already, they brake not his legs:
Joh 19:34 But one of the soldiers with a spear pierced his side, and forthwith came there out blood and water.
Joh 19:35 And he that saw it bare record, and his record is true: and he knoweth that he saith true, that ye might believe.
Joh 19:36 For these things were done, that the scripture should be fulfilled, A bone of him shall not be broken.
Joh 19:37 And again another scripture saith, They shall look on him whom they pierced. (from Zechariah 12:10)

The above would be an easy one for Dr. Tubbs.
It falls under the topic of reading comprehension.

Last edited:
Reactions: jgr
Upvote 0

jgr

Site Supporter
Feb 25, 2008
✟806,567.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Indeed! at the present time, those of Israel that are saved are saved the same as anyone else. Nothing new here folks, now move along.

And a remnant that remains to the end of the GT will be saved out of the Great Tribulation / Time of Jacob's Trouble per Jeremiah. Makes sense it is only a remnant. 2/3 of Jewish people will be die during that time per Zechariah. Twice as many as in the holocaust of Europe.

But Zechariah also says that those that remain will call on the Lord's name. And that matches up with Hosea 5:15 - 6:2 and Matthew 23:39. Dog gone it! There are those two witnesses (OT and NT) confirming things again.
Jesus cites Zechariah 13:7 in Matthew 26:31 in fulfillment of His trial and crucifixion, and His disciples' abandonment. There is historical evidence of the fulfillment of Zechariah 13:8 in the destruction of Jerusalem and Judea in 70 AD.

If Zechariah 13:8 is yet future, with the Abrahamic genome ubiquitous in the human planetary population, the death toll will be 2/3 of most of the earth's population at that time, the result being billions dead. Are the surviving 1/3 going to be responsible for cleaning up the mess before the conjectured millennium?

The New Testament descriptions of the advance of history to its culmination make no mention of the futurized Zechariah carnage. Instead, history will unfold as it is now, with wheat and tares, believer and unbeliever, continuing together to the final judgment. There will be no second chances or other opportunities for anyone to repent after Christ's appearance at the last trumpet.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Copperhead

Site Supporter
Feb 22, 2013
✟208,325.00
Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Married
I wish Dr. Tubbs was here to show you that Paul provides no path to salvation outside of the Olive Tree Church in Romans chapter 11.

Yeah, I wish he was here to so he could show you how you are twisting like a pretzel what I have said.

I never said that there was another path of individual salvation. I did say that Israel will be saved, or preserved, as a entity, but that doesn't mean all within Israel will have eternal salvation.

The trials that come upon the earth as part of the Great Tribulation, Israel will be brought thru it... i.e. saved out of it... as a physical entity. That is expressed by Paul and Jeremiah. And that has nothing to do with individual salvation. It is the preservation of Israel as an entity. The Prophets are replete with passages about this. Israel has never once been in possession of the entire land area that was promised to Abraham, Isaac, and Jacob. Israel as an entity will occupy all of what was promised during the Messianic Kingdom period so that God's name is not profaned by never having fulfilled the promise to the descendants of Abraham, Isaac, and Jacob. Only a section of it will be reserved for the Messiah exclusively. But then, the Messiah is Jewish also..... the Lion of the Tribe of Judah, the Branch of David.... part of Israel. The Prophets make all this very clear.

And all those who are of the faith of Abraham and have placed their trust in Messiah now are part of the Body of Messiah and will rule along side of Yeshua as per many passages in the scriptures, especially Revelation 2:26-27. That in no way negates that Israel as a physical entity will not be part of the equation. There will be actual living, mortal people that come thru the tribulation period. Some of them physical descendants of Israel. The living that did not take the mark of the beast will enter into the Messianic Kingdom here on earth to repopulate it.

And that has to occur to fulfill what the Ezekiel has said about those of the nations that would not go to Jerusalem each year at Yom Teruah would have rain withheld from their land. That surely doesn't sound like people who have eternal salvation yet. And Messiah will be ruling with a rod of iron. That sure sounds like there will be those who get out of line and have to be dealt with. Again, that doesn't sound like folks that have already received eternal life now does it?

Last edited:
Upvote 0

BABerean2

Site Supporter
May 21, 2014
North Carolina
✟893,665.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Yeah, I wish he was here to so he could show you how you are twisting like a pretzel what I have said.

I never said that there was another path of individual salvation. I did say that Israel will be saved as a entity, but that doesn't mean all within Israel will have eternal salvation.

The trials that come upon the earth as part of the Great Tribulation, Israel will be brought thru it... i.e. saved out of it... as a physical entity. That is expressed by Paul and Jeremiah. And that has nothing to do with individual salvation. It is the preservation of Israel as an entity. The Prophets are replete with passages about this. Israel has never once been in possession of the entire land area that was promised to Abraham, Isaac, and Jacob. Israel as an entity will occupy all of what was promised during the Messianic Kingdom period so that God's name is not profaned by never having fulfilled the promise to the descendants of Abraham, Isaac, and Jacob. Only a section of it will be reserved for the Messiah exclusively. But then, the Messiah is Jewish also..... the Lion of the Tribe of Judah, the Branch of David.... part of Israel. The Prophets make all this very clear.

And all those who are of the faith of Abraham and have placed their trust in Messiah now, will rule along side of Yeshua as per many passages in the scriptures. That in no way negates that Israel as a physical entity will not be part of the equation.

Your claims above are often heard from those promoting John Darby's Two Peoples of God doctrine, brought to America about the time of the Civil War.

What did Joshua say about your land claim?

Jos 21:43 And the LORD gave unto Israel all the land which he sware to give unto their fathers; and they possessed it, and dwelt therein.

What is the spiritual condition of earthly Jerusalem near the time of the 7th trumpet, which is the last trumpet in the Bible?

Rev 11:8 And their dead bodies shall lie in the street of the great city, which spiritually is called Sodom and Egypt, where also our Lord was crucified.

If you believe modern Jews will eventually come to salvation outside of the Church, you are promoting some form of Dual Covenant Theology, based at least partially on race.

• Agree
Upvote 0

Copperhead

Site Supporter
Feb 22, 2013
✟208,325.00
Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Married
I have really no clue what John Darby taught. Never studied anything of his. If he was stating that there are two distinct entities of those who individually gain eternal life by two separate paths, that would be an error. All I ever know about Darby is so many that have a fit with anything that doesn't fit into their world view about eschatology, they then attribute to Darby. Darby seems to be the catch all basket for stuff people don't like.

And when did Israel actually possess and control all the land from the Nile to the Euphrates? During Soloman's time was when Israel controlled the most land area, and even then it wasn't all the way to the Euphrates as promised by God to Abraham and confirmed to Isaac and Jacob.

The problem is, many confuse the physical entity of Israel with the Church, which is the Body of Messiah. No descendent of Abraham, Isaac, and Jacob can obtain eternal salvation outside of the Messiah. Just like anyone else. And when they do during this time, they all become part of the body of Messiah. That doesn't mean they lose their physical identity. In Messiah there is neither Jew or Gentile, but also, there is neither male or female. If Jews lose there physical identity by trusting in Messiah, then likewise, we can have a bunch of men and women stand up in front of the congregation and strip and no one should be offended, right? After all, there is neither male or female. How absurd. On a physical level, people are still who they are. Jew, Gentile, Male, Female, Servant, or free. But in the Messiah, we are all equal. Though Paul was indeed a believer, an Apostle, and definitely in the Body of Messiah, he never renounced, on a physical level, that he was still a Jew, of the Tribe of Benjamin, and a Pharisee.

True, Jerusalem has been spiritually Sodom and Egypt many times over the centuries. The writings of the Prophets say so in many places. But even though it has had a jaded past in a spiritual sense, that doesn't negate that it is a physical city, and that the Lord will return to the Mount of Olives to save it from utter destruction. And Psalms 2 talks about God establishing Yeshua as King there.

And also note in Revelation 12, many of Israel will flee the area when Satan decides to go after the woman (Israel), and those of Israel that flee will be protected for 3.5 years, 42 months, 1260 days, in keeping with what Daniel had to say about that time. And as Jeremiah states.... Israel (as a physical entity) will be saved or preserved thru that time.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

jgr

Site Supporter
Feb 25, 2008
✟806,567.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
I did say that Israel will be saved, or preserved, as a entity, but that doesn't mean all within Israel will have eternal salvation.

How will God decide who will be preserved? What will His criteria be?

Israel has never once been in possession of the entire land area that was promised to Abraham, Isaac, and Jacob.

And when did Israel actually possess and control all the land from the Nile to the Euphrates? During Soloman's time was when Israel controlled the most land area, and even then it wasn't all the way to the Euphrates as promised by God to Abraham and confirmed to Isaac and Jacob.

So the Holy Spirit and Joshua were wrong in Joshua 21:43?

Though Paul was indeed a believer, an Apostle, and definitely in the Body of Messiah, he never renounced, on a physical level, that he was still a Jew, of the Tribe of Benjamin, and a Pharisee.

Certainly. But he was in anguish for his unbelieving countrymen, recognizing that pedigree was of no spiritual significance, because only the elect remnant, of which he was one, of true believers who had placed their trust in Christ would be saved. (Romans 9:1-8,27; 11:1-5)

Upvote 0

Biblewriter

Site Supporter
May 15, 2005
Ocala, Florida
Visit site
✟531,725.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Conservatives
Your claims above are often heard from those promoting John Darby's Two Peoples of God doctrine, brought to America about the time of the Civil War.

What did Joshua say about your land claim?

Jos 21:43 And the LORD gave unto Israel all the land which he sware to give unto their fathers; and they possessed it, and dwelt therein.

What is the spiritual condition of earthly Jerusalem near the time of the 7th trumpet, which is the last trumpet in the Bible?

Rev 11:8 And their dead bodies shall lie in the street of the great city, which spiritually is called Sodom and Egypt, where also our Lord was crucified.

If you believe modern Jews will eventually come to salvation outside of the Church, you are promoting some form of Dual Covenant Theology, based at least partially on race.

You are willfully ignoring the difference between the physical salvation of a nation from its enemies and the spiritual salvation of an individual soul from guilt for their sins. These are two entirely different matters, and you are simply refusing to even consider this.

Outside of the John Hagee camp, I do not know of even one Dispensationalist who believes the soul of even one individual will ever be eternally saved without true faith in Christ. You know this very well, but continue to pretend that we are teaching that souls can be saved without trusting Jesus.

Upvote 0

BABerean2

Site Supporter
May 21, 2014
North Carolina
✟893,665.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
You are willfully ignoring the difference between the physical salvation of a nation from its enemies and the spiritual salvation of an individual soul from guilt for their sins. These are two entirely different matters, and you are simply refusing to even consider this.

Outside of the John Hagee camp, I do not know of even one Dispensationalist who believes the soul of even one individual will ever be eternally saved without true faith in Christ. You know this very well, but continue to pretend that we are teaching that souls can be saved without trusting Jesus.

Anyone who claims Christ did not fulfill the Old Testament promises to a race of people with His words found in John 19:30, is promoting some type of Dual Covenant or Multiple Covenant Theology.

Are you teaching that modern Jews will one day come to salvation outside of the New Covenant Church?
Yes, or No?

Jer_31:31 "Behold, the days are coming, says the LORD, when I will make a new covenant with the house of Israel and with the house of Judah—

Mat_26:28 For this is My blood of the new covenant, which is shed for many for the remission of sins.

Mar_14:24 And He said to them, "This is My blood of the new covenant, which is shed for many.

Luk_22:20 Likewise He also took the cup after supper, saying, "This cup is the new covenant in My blood, which is shed for you.

1Co_11:25 In the same manner He also took the cup after supper, saying, "This cup is the new covenant in My blood. This do, as often as you drink it, in remembrance of Me."

2Co_3:6 who also made us sufficient as ministers of the new covenant, not of the letter but of the Spirit; for the letter kills, but the Spirit gives life.

Heb_8:8 Because finding fault with them, He says: "BEHOLD, THE DAYS ARE COMING, SAYS THE LORD, WHEN I WILL MAKE A NEW COVENANT WITH THE HOUSE OF ISRAEL AND WITH THE HOUSE OF JUDAH—

Heb_8:13 In that He says, "A NEW COVENANT," He has made the first obsolete. Now what is becoming obsolete and growing old is ready to vanish away.

Heb_9:15 And for this reason He is the Mediator of the new covenant, by means of death, for the redemption of the transgressions under the first covenant, that those who are called may receive the promise of the eternal inheritance.

Heb_12:24 to Jesus the Mediator of the new covenant, and to the blood of sprinkling that speaks better things than that of Abel.

Upvote 0

Copperhead

Site Supporter
Feb 22, 2013
✟208,325.00
Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Married
How will God decide who will be preserved? What will His criteria be?

That question has the whiff of an agenda of some sort. Well, since Jacob (Israel) is the physical entity in focus as being preserved thru the tribulation period per Jeremiah, then I guess it would be those that are descended from Abraham, Isaac, and Jacob.

Now I might have little bit of an idea why you asked the question you did. There are many who like to claim that via DNA, there are none who can claim physical lineage back 1st Century Israel. Well, that is not true.

That whole idea has its root in the Khazar theory which postulates that today's Jews are descended from the Khazars of the Black Sea region. And there has been a plant geneticist by the name of Eran Elhyad that has jumped on this idea and made claims that there is no DNA evidence of Jewish lineage back to the 1st Century Israelis. That has been debunked, handily, by several real genetics outfits. Elhyad's assertions are so absurd, and his data so skewed, that he cannot even get published in peer review scientific journals. His assertions just don't pass level 1 of a peer review sniff test.

And just because a art dealer by the name of Shlomo Sand, who lives in Tel Aviv because he likes the coffee scene there even though he thinks Israel is a fraud, has also jumped on board with this idea does not make it fact. And relying on the conjectures of a few Khabbalistic centered Hasidic Rabbi's or a few liberal reformed Jewish Rabbis who don't even hold the scripture in high regard is also spurious at best. Even with the return from Babylon, the majority of Jews would not return to Israel. Why would it be any different now if some Jews didn't return?

This idea has been picked up by several Amillennial replacement theologians, Texe Marrs (instrumental in the republishing of the anti-semitic nonsense "Protocols of the Elders of Zion" and "The Jews and Their Lies" by Martin Luther), and even the American Nazi Party. That camp alone should give one pause and question the claims of Elhyad about the genetic data. He is just another hack with an agenda.

It has been proven by Bennett Greenspan, for one, the founder, owner, and CEO of the Genetics testing lab of FamilyDNA that Sephardic Jews show a 48 percentile marker correlation to the area of Sinai, Caanan, on to the Fertile Crescent. And Ashkenazi Jews show a 44 percentile marker correlation as well. And the Sephardic are the best control group to determine this, as they are descended from Jews who migrated to Spain roughly 2200 years ago. That group was never influence by the Eastern Europe goings on. Paul himself in scripture wanted to go to Spain to witness to these Jews which supports that they were already established as a community there. The Khazar nonsense came several centuries later and has as much value as what comes out of the south end of a north bound buffalo.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Davy

Site Supporter
Nov 25, 2017
USA
✟267,597.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
That question has the whiff of an agenda of some sort. Well, since Jacob (Israel) is the physical entity in focus as being preserved thru the tribulation period per Jeremiah, then I guess it would be those that are descended from Abraham, Isaac, and Jacob.

Now I might have little bit of an idea why you asked the question you did. There are many who like to claim that via DNA, there are none who can claim physical lineage back 1st Century Israel. Well, that is not true.

That whole idea has its root in the Khazar theory which postulates that today's Jews are descended from the Khazars of the Black Sea region. And there has been a plant geneticist by the name of Eran Elhyad that has jumped on this idea and made claims that there is no DNA evidence of Jewish lineage back to the 1st Century Israelis. That has been debunked, handily, by several real genetics outfits. Elhyad's assertions are so absurd, and his data so skewed, that he cannot even get published in peer review scientific journals. His assertions just don't pass level 1 of a peer review sniff test.

And just because a art dealer by the name of Shlomo Sand, who lives in Tel Aviv because he likes the coffee scene there even though he thinks Israel is a fraud, has also jumped on board with this idea does not make it fact. And relying on the conjectures of a few Khabbalistic centered Hasidic Rabbi's or a few liberal reformed Jewish Rabbis who don't even hold the scripture in high regard is also spurious at best. Even with the return from Babylon, the majority of Jews would not return to Israel. Why would it be any different now if some Jews didn't return?

This idea has been picked up by several Amillennial replacement theologians, Texe Marrs (instrumental in the republishing of the anti-semitic nonsense "Protocols of the Elders of Zion" and "The Jews and Their Lies" by Martin Luther), and even the American Nazi Party. That camp alone should give one pause and question the claims of Elhyad about the genetic data. He is just another hack with an agenda.

It has been proven by Bennett Greenspan, for one, the founder, owner, and CEO of the Genetics testing lab of FamilyDNA that Sephardic Jews show a 48 percentile marker correlation to the area of Sinai, Caanan, on to the Fertile Crescent. And Ashkenazi Jews show a 44 percentile marker correlation as well. And the Sephardic are the best control group to determine this, as they are descended from Jews who migrated to Spain roughly 2200 years ago. That group was never influence by the Eastern Europe goings on. Paul himself in scripture wanted to go to Spain to witness to these Jews which supports that they were already established as a community there. The Khazar nonsense came several centuries later and has as much value as what comes out of the south end of a north bound buffalo.

The fact is though even the Israeli Jews admit two different branches, the Sephardic Jews and the Ashkenazi Jews.

And God did say this...

Judg 2:1-3
2:1 And an angel of the LORD came up from Gilgal to Bochim, and said, I made you to go up out of Egypt, and have brought you unto the land which I sware unto your fathers; and I said, I will never break my covenant with you.
2 And ye shall make no league with the inhabitants of this land; ye shall throw down their altars: but ye have not obeyed my voice: why have ye done this?
3 Wherefore I also said, I will not drive them out from before you; but they shall be as thorns in your sides, and their gods shall be a snare unto you.
KJV

Judg 2:20-23
20 And the anger of the LORD was hot against Israel; and he said, Because that this people hath transgressed my covenant which I commanded their fathers, and have not hearkened unto my voice;
21 I also will not henceforth drive out any from before them of the nations which Joshua left when he died:
22 That through them I may prove Israel, whether they will keep the way of the LORD to walk therein, as their fathers did keep it, or not.
23 Therefore the LORD left those nations, without driving them out hastily; neither delivered he them into the hand of Joshua.
KJV

The scribes in Israel were foreigners, Kenites from the lands God gave to Abraham:

1 Chron 2:55
55 And the families of the scribes which dwelt at Jabez; the Tirathites, the Shimeathites, and Suchathites. These are the Kenites that came of Hemath, the father of the house of Rechab.

KJV

Gen 15:18-21
18 In the same day the LORD made a covenant with Abram, saying, Unto thy seed have I given this land, from the river of Egypt unto the great river, the river Euphrates:
19 The Kenites, and the Kenizzites, and the Kadmonites,

20 And the Hittites, and the Perizzites, and the Rephaims,
21 And the Amorites, and the Canaanites, and the Girgashites, and the Jebusites.
KJV

In final after Jesus' return, He said this...

Zech 14:20-21
20 In that day shall there be upon the bells of the horses, HOLINESS UNTO THE LORD; and the pots in the LORD's house shall be like the bowl's before the altar.
21 Yea, every pot in Jerusalem and in Judah shall be holiness unto the LORD of hosts: and all they that sacrifice shall come and take of them, and seethe therein: and in that day there shall be no more the Canaanite in the house of the LORD of hosts.

KJV

Even many of Edom, when God gave Israel to conquer it, became religious Jews. King Herod was a Jew by conversion, but an Idumean (Edom) by birth.

So today there are groups of Jews that have no blood lineage to the tribe of Judah, but are only converted Jews back in history. And since the Jews claim there's no genealogical record of lineage kept going back to Israel's beginnings, how are they even going to know which DNA is true bloodline Israel??? Jesus Christ knows who His sheep are, and that's the difference. He will separate His sheep from the goats.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

jgr

Site Supporter
Feb 25, 2008
✟806,567.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married

Why is it limited to them? From the beginning of covenant history, Israel included any and all ethnicities who complied with covenant conditions.

Genesis 17:12
And he that is eight days old shall be circumcised among you, every man child in your generations, he that is born in the house, or bought with money of any stranger, which is not of thy seed.

Leviticus 19:34
But the stranger that dwelleth with you shall be unto you as one born among you, and thou shalt love him as thyself; for ye were strangers in the land of Egypt: I am the Lord your God.

Upvote 0

Biblewriter

Site Supporter
May 15, 2005
Ocala, Florida
Visit site
✟531,725.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Conservatives
Anyone who claims Christ did not fulfill the Old Testament promises to a race of people with His words found in John 19:30, is promoting some type of Dual Covenant or Multiple Covenant Theology.

Are you teaching that modern Jews will one day come to salvation outside of the New Covenant Church?
Yes, or No?

You know perfectly well that I teach, and very clearly teach, that no one will ever receive eternal salvation outside of faith in Christ. You are using weasel words to get around this fact, which you already know.

Upvote 0

BABerean2

Site Supporter
May 21, 2014
North Carolina
✟893,665.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
You know perfectly well that I teach, and very clearly teach, that no one will ever receive eternal salvation outside of faith in Christ. You are using weasel words to get around this fact, which you already know.

You can call the scriptural word "church" a "weasel word" if you want to.
However, based on the following passages I would not.

Mat 16:16 And Simon Peter answered and said, Thou art the Christ, the Son of the living God.
Mat 16:17 And Jesus answered and said unto him, Blessed art thou, Simon Barjona: for flesh and blood hath not revealed it unto thee, but my Father which is in heaven.
Mat 16:18 And I say also unto thee, That thou art Peter, and upon this rock I will build my church; and the gates of hell shall not prevail against it.

Act_2:47 Praising God, and having favour with all the people. And the Lord added to the church daily such as should be saved.

Heb 12:22 But ye are come unto mount Sion, and unto the city of the living God, the heavenly Jerusalem, and to an innumerable company of angels,
Heb 12:23 To the general assembly and church of the firstborn, which are written in heaven, and to God the Judge of all, and to the spirits of just men made perfect,
Heb 12:24 And to Jesus the mediator of the new covenant, and to the blood of sprinkling, that speaketh better things than that of Abel.

Upvote 0

Copperhead

Site Supporter
Feb 22, 2013
✟208,325.00
Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Married
So today there are groups of Jews that have no blood lineage to the tribe of Judah, but are only converted Jews back in history. And since the Jews claim there's no genealogical record of lineage kept going back to Israel's beginnings, how are they even going to know which DNA is true bloodline Israel??? Jesus Christ knows who His sheep are, and that's the difference. He will separate His sheep from the goats.

Did you not read the post I made where I mentioned one Geneticist who has actually done the work with the company he founded, owns, and is the CEO of, regarding the genetic markers that are clearly indicative of blood line back to the 1st Century? The groups of those who claim to Jewish ancestry have between 44 and 48 percentile markers in the DNA that matches with the middle east areas of Sinai, Canaan, on thru to the Fertile Crescent, i.e. where the Jews of the first century lived. The Sephardic Jews (the most cohesive Jewish group) can trace lineage back to about 2200 years ago. I will try to dig up the firm or individuals that did the DNA testing regarding the Levitical line so that priests can be chosen for the new temple that is being planned as we discuss these things. Bennett Greenspan of FamilyDNA, the one I did reference, knows the folks that did the Cohanim DNA study. Greenspan used much of their data in compiling many of his data bases.

Indeed, Yeshua will separate the sheep from the goats. But you need to read just a wee bit closer. Yeshua is talking about the nations being gathered before Him, regarding the sheep and goat judgement. That is not Israel. And the context is talking about how these people treated His brethren. Yeshua is a Jew. His physical brethren are Jews. How those that came thru the Great Tribulation period alive treated the Jewish people is the paramount feature of how they are judged whether they physically go into the Messianic Kingdom. This goes along with the promise God made to Abraham, Isaac, and Jacob..... I will bless those who bless you and I will curse those who curse you. It could also reference those that came to faith in Yeshua during the GT, how these people of the nations treated them, but the fact remains.... it is the nations being judged. They are not Yeshua's brethren. He is judging them on how they treated His brethren.

And what does Judah have to do with it? All the tribes started commingling before the Babylonian Captivity. In many instances in the books of the Kings and Chronicles. As the northern Kingdom got worse and worse and embraced idolatry, those of all the northern tribes who remained faithful to God, along with the Levites, migrated south and joined themselves with the southern tribes. Even 100 years after the northern kingdom fell to the Assyrians, King Hezekiah of the southern kingdom issued a call for all Israel to come to Jerusalem for the Passover. I have posted the verses that reference these migration events multiple times in the forum. There is no ambiguity.

And Ezra called the remnant he brought back from the Babylonian Exile, Jews 9 times and all Israel 40 times. And Nehemiah, with the group that returned with him, he called them Jews 11 times and all Israel 22 times. From the time of the exile to Babylon until today, Jew and Israel has been interchangeable terms. Only those who like straining at gnats and like to play semantic word games regarding some idea that only those of Judah are the true Jews. Ezra and Nehemiah would suggest those that think that way are full of wild blueberry muffins.

The ten lost tribes thing is a fallacy. They were never lost. Even Anna, in the book of Luke, was a prophetess who lived and performed duties in the Temple. She was of the tribe of Asher, one of those "lost" 10 tribes. It would really help if folks spent more time studying scripture than the latest internet folklore and conspiracy. And archeology has found documents from the time of King Sargon of Assyria that shows he only displaced 27,290 Israelis of the Northern Kingdom. It has been estimated by archeologists that the Northern Kingdom had population between 400,000 and 500,000.

So, Sephardic or Ashkenazi (which is only a geographical distinction, not a bloodline one), the DNA markers show that they are both truly from the bloodline of Jacob. And also one other salient fact.... when modern Israel became a nation, Sabras (those Jews with long generations living in the Land) comprised 80% of the Jews in the new country. There has always been a remnant of the lineage of Jacob living in the land. During the Crusades, many Jews were killed in the land by the Crusaders. In one event alone, 20,000 Jews were rounded up and burned alive in the Great Synagogue of Jerusalem while the Crusaders marched around it singing "Christ We Adore Thee" while the synagogue burned.

As a side note: The Ethiopian Jews who were brought to modern Israel... the Cohanim study and the work of FamilyDNA seem to show that they are not physical descendants of Jacob. Oops.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

BABerean2

Site Supporter
May 21, 2014
North Carolina
✟893,665.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Did you not read the post I made where I mentioned one Geneticist who has actually done the work with the company he founded, owns, and is the CEO of, regarding the genetic markers that are clearly indicative of blood line back to the 1st Century? The groups of those who claim to Jewish ancestry have between 44 and 48 percentile markers in the DNA that matches with the middle east areas of Sinai, Canaan, on thru to the Fertile Crescent, i.e. where the Jews of the first century lived. The Sephardic Jews (the most cohesive Jewish group) can trace lineage back to about 2200 years ago. I will try to dig up the firm or individuals that did the DNA testing regarding the Levitical line so that priests can be chosen for the new temple that is being planned as we discuss these things. Bennett Greenspan of FamilyDNA, the one I did reference, knows the folks that did the Cohanim DNA study. Greenspan used much of their data in compiling many of his data bases.

Indeed, Yeshua will separate the sheep from the goats. But you need to read just a wee bit closer. Yeshua is talking about the nations being gathered before Him, regarding the sheep and goat judgement. That is not Israel. And the context is talking about how these people treated His brethren. Yeshua is a Jew. His physical brethren are Jews. How those that came thru the Great Tribulation period alive treated the Jewish people is the paramount feature of how they are judged whether they physically go into the Messianic Kingdom. This goes along with the promise God made to Abraham, Isaac, and Jacob..... I will bless those who bless you and I will curse those who curse you. It could also reference those that came to faith in Yeshua during the GT, how these people of the nations treated them, but the fact remains.... it is the nations being judged. They are not Yeshua's brethren. He is judging them on how they treated His brethren.

And what does Judah have to do with it? All the tribes started commingling before the Babylonian Captivity. In many instances in the books of the Kings and Chronicles. As the northern Kingdom got worse and worse and embraced idolatry, those of all the northern tribes who remained faithful to God, along with the Levites, migrated south and joined themselves with the southern tribes. Even 100 years after the northern kingdom fell to the Assyrians, King Hezekiah of the southern kingdom issued a call for all Israel to come to Jerusalem for the Passover. I have posted the verses that reference these migration events multiple times in the forum. There is no ambiguity.

And Ezra called the remnant he brought back from the Babylonian Exile, Jews 9 times and all Israel 40 times. And Nehemiah, with the group that returned with him, he called them Jews 11 times and all Israel 22 times. From the time of the exile to Babylon until today, Jew and Israel has been interchangeable terms. Only those who like straining at gnats and like to play semantic word games regarding some idea that only those of Judah are the true Jews. Ezra and Nehemiah would suggest those that think that way are full of wild blueberry muffins.

The ten lost tribes thing is a fallacy. They were never lost. Even Anna, in the book of Luke, was a prophetess who lived and performed duties in the Temple. She was of the tribe of Asher, one of those "lost" 10 tribes. It would really help if folks spent more time studying scripture than the latest internet folklore and conspiracy. And archeology has found documents from the time of King Sargon of Assyria that shows he only displaced 27,290 Israelis of the Northern Kingdom. It has been estimated by archeologists that the Northern Kingdom had population between 400,000 and 500,000.

So, Sephardic or Ashkenazi (which is only a geographical distinction, not a bloodline one), the DNA markers show that they are both truly from the bloodline of Jacob. And also one other salient fact.... when modern Israel became a nation, Sabras (those Jews with long generations living in the Land) comprised 80% of the Jews in the new country. There has always been a remnant of the lineage of Jacob living in the land. During the Crusades, many Jews were killed in the land by the Crusaders. In one event alone, 20,000 Jews were rounded up and burned alive in the Great Synagogue of Jerusalem while the Crusaders marched around it singing "Christ We Adore Thee" while the synagogue burned.

As a side note: The Ethiopian Jews who were brought to modern Israel... the Cohanim study and the work of FamilyDNA seem to show that they are not physical descendants of Jacob. Oops.

You seem to have missed what John the Baptist said below to his fellow Israelites.

Mat 3:9 And think not to say within yourselves, We have Abraham to our father: for I say unto you, that God is able of these stones to raise up children unto Abraham.

You seem to have missed what Jesus said to the Pharisees.

Joh 8:37 I know that ye are Abraham's seed; but ye seek to kill me, because my word hath no place in you.

Joh 8:44 Ye are of your father the devil, and the lusts of your father ye will do. He was a murderer from the beginning, and abode not in the truth, because there is no truth in him. When he speaketh a lie, he speaketh of his own: for he is a liar, and the father of it.

You seem to have missed what Paul said about the Abrahamic promise.

Gal 3:16 Now to Abraham and his seed were the promises made. He saith not, And to seeds, as of many; but as of one, And to thy seed, which is Christ.

But most of all you seem to have missed the fact that the New Covenant promised to Israel and Judah in Jeremiah 31:31-34 is found fulfilled by Christ during the first century in Hebrews 7:12, and Hebrews 8:6-13, and Hebrews 10:16-18, and is specifically applied to the Church in Hebrews 12:22-24, and 2 Corinthians 3:6-8.
It is an understanding of the New Covenant that destroys the Two Peoples of God doctrine.

The most important DNA sample in the Bible is found in Matthew 1:1.
Based on His DNA I am Abraham's seed and inheritor of the promise. (Galatians 3:29)
All modern DNA samples are insignificant, based on Titus 3:9.

Based on 1 John 2:22-23, no modern human's relationship to God is based on who their parents might be.

Upvote 0