The difference between MJ and Christianity?

MadMaxData

Believer In Yeshua HaMashiakh
Jan 25, 2014
✟7,859.00
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Single
I was born on the 7th of Tevet, but I am waiting to be born again.
Are you telling me there is someone on this forum who actually understands that the new birth is the resurrection of the dead? I think I'm going to faint! :amen:

Upvote 0

MadMaxData

Believer In Yeshua HaMashiakh
Jan 25, 2014
✟7,859.00
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Single
To answer an earlier question, I was taught that the law is obsolete. Im assuming thats's different here?
Absolutely! It is different everywhere the Scriptures take precedence over the doctrines of men. Nowhere does the NT teach that Torah is "obsolete." On the contrary, it magnifies Torah. ;)

Upvote 0

Alithis

Disciple of Jesus .
Nov 11, 2010
Mobile
✟101,992.00
Country
New Zealand
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Are you telling me there is someone on this forum who actually understands that the new birth is the resurrection of the dead? I think I'm going to faint! :amen:

it is all how you choose to perceive it i guess .
faith is the evidence of thing not see the "substance " of things hoped for .

thus by faith one is already born again.

Upvote 0

HannibalFlavius

May 15, 2013
Houston
✟5,329.00
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Single
Feast of first fruits and only the 144 obtain that reward.

The virgins all give birth, but many will die in childbirth.

'' Woe are those who are with children, those that are weaning children.''

Upvote 0

Avodat

Contending for Biblical truth
Jul 2, 2011
✟21,427.00
Faith
Other Religion
Marital Status
Private

Do you mean 'new birth'... or 'born again'? Two different concepts.

Upvote 0

Avodat

Contending for Biblical truth
Jul 2, 2011
✟21,427.00
Faith
Other Religion
Marital Status
Private
odd the perceptions we pick up isn't it.
i was taught "ALL Scripture is inspired by God and profitable for teaching, for reproof, for correction, for raining in righteousness;"

also at the time Paul wrote that To Timothy i assumed he spoke of the entire old testament ,as i wouldn't have thought the new testament was yet compiled at the time.which meant the "all scripture" Paul referred to had to be what we now refer to as "the old testament".

which makes sense because everything Paul expounded by way of doctrine he based soundly on what is already written in the law and the prophets.
by inspiration of God he simply revealed their true eternal meaning.
but there ya go,that's my pentecostal upbringing influence... no part of scripture excluded.:):)

Your quote from the word written to Timothy does mean the former part of the book, alone. That was why my post that you were commenting on, made the point that Christianity revolves almost exclusively around the latter part of The Book whilst MJ takes the whole Book. as scripture. :)

Upvote 0