Texas
✟77,930.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
It's obvious that he doesn't have a clue. He just says and does whatever comes to his mind without any thought of the consequences. I wish someone on his staff would restrict his Twitter privileges.

Last edited:
Reactions: ArmenianJohn
Upvote 0

mark46

Site Supporter
Jan 29, 2010
✟839,413.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
I expect a major Biden set of wins later today (Michigan by at least 20% and MISS by 50%). There will then be no path for Sanders, but he will stay in. Certainly, he will believe that he can catch up with a great debate on March 15 (likely the last debate).

After March 17 (with AZ, FL, IL and OH), the nomination result will be clear to almost everyone.

Upvote 0

mark46

Site Supporter
Jan 29, 2010
✟839,413.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
Why is the right-wing pushing Sanders?

Trump wants to run against Sanders. It is his opinion (and that of the Russians) that he has a much better chance of beating Sanders.

• Agree
Reactions: DaisyDay
Upvote 0

Halbhh

Everything You say is Life to me
Site Supporter
Mar 17, 2015
catholic -- embracing all Christians
✟1,158,778.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I expect a major Biden set of wins later today (Michigan by at least 20% and MISS by 50%). There will then be no path for Sanders, but he will stay in. Certainly, he will believe that he can catch up with a great debate on March 15 (likely the last debate).

After March 17 (with AZ, FL, IL and OH), the nomination result will be clear to almost everyone.
Learning more about Biden's history, I have gained more appreciation of his character.

Upvote 0

mark46

Site Supporter
Jan 29, 2010
✟839,413.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
This was emailed to me this evening. It is political and offensive to some. I apologize ahead of time.
==========================
A Covid joke to hopefully lighten the mood:

A plane has five passengers on board:
Donald Trump, the Pope, Dr. Anthony Fauci, Hillary Clinton, and Greta Thunberg.

The plane is about to crash and there are only 4 parachutes.

Dr Fauci says “I need one! I have to help develop a cure for the global health crisis that is Covid-19!”

He takes one and jumps.

The Pope says “I need one! I have to help spiritually guide people through the global health crisis that is Covid-19!”

He takes one and jumps.

Donald Trump says ‘‘I need one! I’m the best person. Incredible, tremendous person. No one does as much as I do, And I'm doing a great job. I'm the smartest man in the USA!”

He takes one and jumps.

Hillary Clinton says to Greta Thunberg, "You take the last parachute. My public life is over, I can't do much more and you're full of dreams, yours has only begun.”

Greta Thunberg says ...

"Don’t worry, there are two parachutes left. The smartest man in the USA took my backpack."

Upvote 0

Halbhh

Site Supporter
Mar 17, 2015
✟1,158,778.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
A plane has five passengers on board:
Donald Trump, the Pope, Dr. Anthony Fauci, Hillary Clinton, and Greta Thunberg.
At this point I started laughing, and felt satisfied with a good joke, already. :)

Upvote 0

mark46

Site Supporter
Jan 29, 2010
✟839,413.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
We should consider Gov. Newsom as a potential VP nominee. Folks would see him as being able to step in immediately if Biden's health requires it. Also, he could take on some serious issues for Biden.

Folks like Harris have been found wanting in the kind of leadership skills shown by Newsom. And that was by very loyal Democrats. Independents would be even more critical.

Upvote 0

Arcangl86

Dec 29, 2013
✟347,182.00
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Green
We should consider Gov. Newsom as a potential VP nominee. Folks would see him as being able to step in immediately if Biden's health requires it. Also, he could take on some serious issues for Biden.

Folks like Harris have been found wanting in the kind of leadership skills shown by Newsom. And that was by very loyal Democrats. Independents would be even more critical.
The fact that Biden is the presumptive nominee says to me that they are probably go with a more traditional type of analysis to try and balance the ticket. Newsom brings nothing to the ticket that Biden doesn't already. I strongly suspect Stacey Abrams because she's a woman of color and highly popular among Democrats in Georgia, which is a swing state.

Upvote 0

mark46

Site Supporter
Jan 29, 2010
✟839,413.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
The fact that Biden is the presumptive nominee says to me that they are probably go with a more traditional type of analysis to try and balance the ticket. Newsom brings nothing to the ticket that Biden doesn't already. I strongly suspect Stacey Abrams because she's a woman of color and highly popular among Democrats in Georgia, which is a swing state.

Harris is the most obvious candidate if the issue is balancing the ticket. And I do support the choice and believe that it would be a plus for the ticket.

Abrams hasn't won anything. She has no national or international experience. If we want independents to choose a VP with the experience to immediately step in, I suspect that they would choose Pence.
=======
HOWEVER, and it is a big however, this is not a "traditional" election in two senses. The corona virus pandemic and how to deal with it, and the aftermath is an important backdrop for the election.

The number one and number two issues will be the ability to lead in a crisis. Biden needs no help in that regard. The other "leadership" issue is whether Biden will be healthy and physically strong enough to lead in a couple of years. The VP has to someone that the majority in swing states will consider able to immediately step in as president. Even if you believe that other issues are at least as important (e.g. healthcare), no VP is going to help with that issue, except in the obvious sense that governors are in the middle of dealing with a health crisis..
==========
I live in SC, a few miles from the GA border. Abrams has a critical role in this election. She continues to lead the effort to combat voter fraud.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

iluvatar5150

Aug 3, 2012
Baltimore
✟557,889.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
I understand that Harris checks off some of the minority boxes, but on policy, wasn't she the sort of hard-driving law-and-order prosecutor that most folks on the left are giving the side eye these days?

Upvote 0

mark46

Site Supporter
Jan 29, 2010
✟839,413.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
Harris is a Woman of Color true, but most progressives dislike her and she's a Californian. She doesn't really add anything to the ticket. They are going to pick somebody who can bring them a southern or midwestern swing state.

Abrams would of more help in Georgia by getting out the vote, and making sure that it's counted.

In any case, I shouldn't be arguing. I understand your position. Personally, I don't think that Abrams will help as much in swing districts as will Harris. Personally, I think that Michelle will be the best at this task.

Georgia is a long shot in any case. Biden could use help getting out the vote of minorities and college educated women. He has their support; he just needs help in getting them out to vote.

Upvote 0

mark46

Site Supporter
Jan 29, 2010
✟839,413.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
I understand that Harris checks off some of the minority boxes, but on policy, wasn't she the sort of hard-driving law-and-order prosecutor that most folks on the left are giving the side eye these days?

Yes, and just the sort of policy that appeals to independents in swing states.

Upvote 0

GodLovesCats

Mar 16, 2019
Florida
✟117,927.00
Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
It's obvious that he doesn't have a clue. He just says and does whatever comes to his mind without any thought of the consequences. I wish someone on his staff would restrict his Twitter privileges.

Every time Donald Trump supporters use Joe Biden's memory lapses as a reason to hate him, I think that is just hating on him for the sake of worshipping their man because it is crystal clear who has dementia in the election.

Why doesn't Twitter automatically close Trump's account?

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Halbhh

Site Supporter
Mar 17, 2015
✟1,158,778.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
What did you learn about him?
Well, for one thing, Biden had a stutter which it seems he's largely overcome, but not totally. It seems to me it still shows up in the verbal slips he makes at times. But he has a good instinct overall it seems, good enough at figuring out who knows the answers to something and choosing to listen to them, which would be quite an improvement over what we have now.

Upvote 0

GodLovesCats

Mar 16, 2019
Florida
✟117,927.00
Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
Well, for one thing, Biden had a stutter which it seems he's largely overcome, but not totally. It seems to me it still shows up in the verbal slips he makes at times. But he has a good instinct overall it seems, good enough at figuring out who knows the answers to something and choosing to listen to them, which would be quite an improvement over what we have now.

I read instead of going to speech therapy sessions during childhood, he recited poems to a mirror.

The worst time for stutterers to talk are at events such as public debates, so Joe Biden could be seen and heard doing it many times. It is not just repeating sounds and syllables, but stuff like squinching his eyes shut, saying "period" three times, and starting a sentence the wrong way. Many people don't understand. What the media chalked up as forgetting the name Barack Obama was actually stuttering.

Upvote 0

DaisyDay

I Did Nothing Wrong!! ~~Team Deep State
Jan 7, 2003
Finger Lakes
✟12,354.00
Country
United States
Faith
Unitarian
Marital Status
Married