The Democratic Safe House

Spaceman_Spiff

CthulhuAce
Oct 10, 2004
Scarberia
✟17,466.00
Faith
Atheist
I believe the writer of the post I responded to was prompted to edit that post. Yes, now it makes no sense.

Correct. My post was in violation of the rules and It was suggested that I fix my post before it got reported.

I agreed with the suggestion and removed the post.

Upvote 0

cow451

Standing with Ukraine.
Site Supporter
May 29, 2012
Hot and Humid
✟1,120,276.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
One member has more than twice as many posts in that thread than everyone else combined.

He saved up as some are pretty dated.

I support the separation of cartoon and meme.

Upvote 0
S

Savior2006

I'm currently on vacation in the Caribbeans with my dad. The internet is garbage on the ship but I was able to get a decent connection at some dive we were touring.

A four years, I would've said "It's amazing the depths to which some social conservatives will sink to in attacking Obama."

Five years later, literally no amount of right-wing nonsense surprises me at this point. I was excited actually, seeing yet ANOTHER thread complaining about the fact that Obama is cordial to Muslims. This just piggybacks off the thread about Democrats getting more support from Muslims than conservatives.

I stop to wonder...

Do they ever wonder why? As in really wonder why certain demographics don't vote for them or have a negative perception towards them? Does it ever occur to them that perhaps the reason gays, or Muslims, or minorities don't vote for Republicans is because of what the Republican says? Not " 'Dems have brainwashed X into voting for them' but 'GOP member Y said something that was kind of offensive.' "

The anger always comes first when I see certain threads or some of the conservative posts I do. Then happiness comes after, because I realize that anyone on the web can see those comments.

I love the GOP. I really do. They give me something: the knowledge that, as bad as I am I could be a lot worse.

I could think the President is a Muslim.
I could think he was born in Kenya.
I could emphasize his middle name for no justifiable reason other than it sounds like that other brown guy I don't like.
I could think none one of those things but not say crap about those that do.

I could think teh geyz are trying to destroy the country.
I could think they are trying to destroy my "freedoms" by getting married and serving in the military.
I could think neither one of those things but not say crap about those that do.

I could insult minorities by saying they have "given into victimhood," are "dependent on the gov't," or "don't work," or "are brainwashed" when they don't vote my way.
I could then turn around and pull out the race card anytime someone criticizes a Carson, or Cain, or Keyes. The same race card I pretend that I hate.
I could do none one of those things but not say crap about those that do.

I could complain that the other party is the "anti-God" party because they aren't full of annoying fundies like me, who think that my religion takes precedence over everything else.

If you don't like that, then you are an anti-theist. Notice how I say anti-theist and not anti-Christian, which is what I really mean. After all, me and my friends insult Islam and non-Christian religions all the time and we never consider ourselves anti-theists. Those morons...uh, I mean patriots who shouted down that Hindu priest in Congress years ago certainly aren't anti-theists.

But what was I saying? Oh yeah. I am bad but I could be worse.

I could be a social conservative.;)

Upvote 0

ArmenianJohn

Politically Liberal Christian Fundamentalist
Jan 30, 2013
New Jersey (NYC Metro)
✟205,252.00
Country
United States
Faith
Oriental Orthodox
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
Do they ever wonder why? As in really wonder why certain demographics don't vote for them or have a negative perception towards them? Does it ever occur to them that perhaps the reason gays, or Muslims, or minorities don't vote for Republicans is because of what the Republican says? Not " 'Dems have brainwashed X into voting for them' but 'GOP member Y said something that was kind of offensive.' "

The anger always comes first when I see certain threads or some of the conservative posts I do. Then happiness comes after, because I realize that anyone on the web can see those comments.

I love the GOP. I really do. They give me something: the knowledge that, as bad as I am I could be a lot worse.

I could emphasize his middle name for no justifiable reason other than it sounds like that other brown guy I don't like.

I could think they are trying to destroy my "freedoms" by getting married and serving in the military.
/QUOTE]

Do you realize how offensive your screen name is? The young turks are the Turkish equivalent to the Nazis and are responsible for the Armenian, Assyrian, and Greek genocides. Is that really the image you want to project with that screen name? I would be appreciative if you change it.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

DaisyDay

I Did Nothing Wrong!! ~~Team Deep State
Jan 7, 2003
Finger Lakes
✟11,287.00
Country
United States
Faith
Unitarian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others

Do you realize how offensive your screen name is? The young turks are the Turkish equivalent to the Nazis and are responsible for the Armenian, Assyrian, and Greek genocides. Is that really the image you want to project with that screen name? I would be appreciative if you change it.
There was that a hundred years ago (see Young Turks and the Armenian Genocide) but the term has since become more generic and less barbaric: Young Turks (disambiguation) - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Upvote 0

FreeinChrist

CF Advisory team
Christian Forums Staff
Site Advisor
Site Supporter
Jul 2, 2003
USA/Belize
✟1,748,098.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
Reactions: USincognito
Upvote 0

USincognito

a post by Alan Smithee
Site Supporter
Dec 25, 2003
Dallas
✟870,771.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
Double standard for sure!

And it's all the worse because he's playing golf, because ya know, President Bush never played golf.

Remember the obsession one member here had with Wagyu beef at White House state dinners?

Upvote 0

ArmenianJohn

Jan 30, 2013
New Jersey (NYC Metro)
✟205,252.00
Country
United States
Faith
Oriental Orthodox
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
I named myself after The Young Turks show hosted by Cenk Uygur.

Who is a Turkish denier of the Genocide and knows what the term "Young Turk" means and made his choice to name his show as such.

Would you be comfortable naming yourself after a show called "the neo-Nazis"??? Or any Holocaust deniers???

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

ArmenianJohn

Jan 30, 2013
New Jersey (NYC Metro)
✟205,252.00
Country
United States
Faith
Oriental Orthodox
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
Upvote 0
S

Savior2006

Who is a Turkish denier of the Genocide and knows what the term "Young Turk" means and made his choice to name his show as such.

Would you be comfortable naming yourself after a show called "the neo-Nazis"??? Or any Holocaust deniers???

I am a member of the Grammar Nazi Party now that you mention it. But seriously, I'm not changing the name so I suggest you get over it...like right now because I'm coming down from a hangover and looking for work so don't even start with me.:)

Upvote 0

DaisyDay

I Did Nothing Wrong!! ~~Team Deep State
Jan 7, 2003
Finger Lakes
✟11,287.00
Country
United States
Faith
Unitarian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
The Holocaust was 80 years ago, so would that make a term like "Nazi" more generic and less barbaric and therefore more acceptable to use as a screen name today?
Yes, I have seen and used the term "grammar nazi" without offense (I see that awful TYT beat me to this :mad:).

If someone were to call himself "Mr. Nazi" I don't think I would find it offensive, tbh. I've seen people trying to tie "global warming denialism" to the Holocaust to try to make the term unacceptable, but that hasn't worked.

Upvote 0

ArmenianJohn

Jan 30, 2013
New Jersey (NYC Metro)
✟205,252.00
Country
United States
Faith
Oriental Orthodox
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
I am a member of the Grammar Nazi Party now that you mention it. But seriously, I'm not changing the name so I suggest you get over it...like right now because I'm coming down from a hangover and looking for work so don't even start with me.:)

Grammar Nazi has a negative connotation, and it is used with another word that puts a context to it.

Anyway, I don't expect you to change your name any more than I expect the Redskins to change theirs, and for the same reasoning you both use...

Upvote 0

ArmenianJohn

Jan 30, 2013
New Jersey (NYC Metro)
✟205,252.00
Country
United States
Faith
Oriental Orthodox
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
Yes, I have seen and used the term "grammar nazi" without offense (I see that awful TYT beat me to this :mad:).

If someone were to call himself "Mr. Nazi" I don't think I would find it offensive, tbh. I've seen people trying to tie "global warming denialism" to the Holocaust to try to make the term unacceptable, but that hasn't worked.

I would certainly find "Mr. Nazi" offensive, but hey, that's just me. And most people.

Upvote 0