the here and now
✟64,923.00
Country
France
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Married
He no more supports rape than he does any of the other thing he trolls this forum about.

Is an apologist the same as a supporter?

But I agree. That's why I don't even read that nonsense. I know that TLK was unhappy that I suggested people ignore it, but I don't see the point in trying to debate with someone who is being deliberately obtuse and/or inflammatory.

Upvote 0

iluvatar5150

Aug 3, 2012
Baltimore
✟557,889.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
It's interesting that all of the threads that show how evil and spiteful some posters on this forum are end up down the memory hole.

Yeah, this thread deletion policy seems to be new. They used to just lock the threads. I wonder if having that material on here would threaten some of their advertising accounts.

Upvote 0
Aug 29, 2005
✟183,670.00
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Private
Yeah, this thread deletion policy seems to be new. They used to just lock the threads. I wonder if having that material on here would threaten some of their advertising accounts.

Au contraire, whole threads have been deleted consistently for the last decade.

It has nothing to do with advertising.

Upvote 0

iluvatar5150

Aug 3, 2012
Baltimore
✟557,889.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
Au contraire, whole threads have been deleted consistently for the last decade.

It has nothing to do with advertising.

Hmm. Maybe I just didn't notice it.

I would disagree with the notion that none of their policies factor in advertising. I recently asked a question about an ad showing a popup and was told to contact the mods privately, since discussing the ads in public was prohibited.

There are also subforums devoted to letting bots run up their post counts, which seems like an absurd waste of resources unless you're somehow making money off it.

Number Games forum
Blessings Exchange forum (not sure if this is bots, but it's still just post count spam)

Upvote 0

Hetta

I'll find my way home
Jun 21, 2012
the here and now
✟64,923.00
Country
France
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Married
maybe I'm just on a lot of contentious threads, but I have noticed a LOT of them disappearing. The main way that I notice is that I often get reps on those threads, and although the rep will remain, it will have N/A instead of a link to the post. That was the first time I noticed that this thread had disappeared when I noticed that on Monday.

Upvote 0

FreeinChrist

CF Advisory team
Christian Forums Staff
Site Advisor
Site Supporter
Jul 2, 2003
USA
✟1,750,450.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
Folks, if you have questions why a thread is no longer visable, the place to ask is in the Member Services center. Threads are removed from view for many reasons like when a big cleanup is needed, or if it is generating reports and reports just keep coming in. We prefer to just close for review if possible.

If a clean up is too big, we may not make the thread viewable again. My advice is that when a member posts something really upsetting, bigoted or ignorant, write something like "Wow, I think that viewpoint is incredibly bigoted" (note-address the viewpoint and not the member) then stop responding to that person. Don't feed it. Don't make comments about that person that fall under the flaming rule. If they are violating the rules, then report.

Regarding ads, btw, the FAQs have this:

http://www.christianforums.com/faq.php?faq=vb_board_usage#faq_faq

Google Ads

You will not post about the Google Text Ads in a public forum as this breaches this site's contract with Google. You may provide feedback and report inappropriate Google Text Ads by sending the webmaster a PM here. Google displays contextual text ads that are based on keywords on the page. As such, if the ad is on a page discussing an offensive topic, inappropriate ads may be displayed.

We have blocked as many inappropriate sites and keywords as possible but some may have bypassed our filter. We apologize in advance for this.

To report an inappropriate ad, click the ad, then copy the URL (address) of the ad. Send a copy of that URL to any moderator or Supermoderator or Advisor.
Please direct questions to me or to the Member Services center

Reactions: JustOneWay
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

stamperben

It's an old family tradition
Oct 16, 2011
✟53,694.00
Faith
Humanist
Marital Status
Private
I find it almost sad that there are those out there who can look at history and see that in fact it was Democrats who ruled the racist roost in the south way back when, but who refuse to continue to look at how that history progressed in the 60's with the Southern Strategy of the Nixon campaign and how NOW things are changed. It's a broken record that I am tired of hearing over and over again.

Upvote 0
S

Savior2006

I find it almost sad that there are those out there who can look at history and see that in fact it was Democrats who ruled the racist roost in the south way back when, but who refuse to continue to look at how that history progressed in the 60's with the Southern Strategy of the Nixon campaign and how NOW things are changed. It's a broken record that I am tired of hearing over and over again.

The good thing about having almost no patience whatsoever is that nothing "gets tiring."

It IS tiring, already, even before you've heard it.

All it means is that they have run out of ammo. None of us bring up bad things that Republicans did in the 19th century because we don't have to. We simply bring up what they are doing today.

Upvote 0

DaisyDay

I Did Nothing Wrong!! ~~Team Deep State
Jan 7, 2003
Finger Lakes
✟12,354.00
Country
United States
Faith
Unitarian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Folks, if you have questions why a thread is no longer visable, the place to ask is in the Member Services center.
Is it against the rules to mention that a thread has disappeared or to discuss it after it has?

Upvote 0

abdAlSalam

Bearded Marxist
Sep 14, 2012
✟11,120.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others

The last time I posted that famous Lee Atwater quote I received a warning and my post was deleted.

Upvote 0

stamperben

It's an old family tradition
Oct 16, 2011
✟53,694.00
Faith
Humanist
Marital Status
Private
The last time I posted that famous Lee Atwater quote I received a warning and my post was deleted.
I can understand the use of the N word being out of bounds, but exceptions have been made. I used that quote in a post once, but I went to the members service center first to be sure it was okay because I didn't want someone reporting me for a post with the word in it. At the time I could wait for approval because it was the OP of a thread I started, not a spur of the moment response.

[edit to add] The word was in a link in that OP, so I hadn't actually posted the quote directly.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

iluvatar5150

Aug 3, 2012
Baltimore
✟557,889.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
maybe I'm just on a lot of contentious threads, but I have noticed a LOT of them disappearing. The main way that I notice is that I often get reps on those threads, and although the rep will remain, it will have N/A instead of a link to the post. That was the first time I noticed that this thread had disappeared when I noticed that on Monday.

Oh, I never pay attention to any of that rep or blessings stuff. It seems pretty superfluous to me.

Upvote 0

Hetta

I'll find my way home
Jun 21, 2012
the here and now
✟64,923.00
Country
France
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Married
Oh, I never pay attention to any of that rep or blessings stuff. It seems pretty superfluous to me.

I get some laughs out of reps and also use them to chat to ppl sometimes. I just tend to notice the big "N/A" when i go to my user cp.

Upvote 0

Hammster

Psalm 144:1
Christian Forums Staff
Site Advisor
Site Supporter
Apr 5, 2007
New Jerusalem
Visit site
✟1,728,576.00
Country
United States
Faith
Reformed
Marital Status
Married
Just a reminder, it's a violation to complain about CF, its staff, or its policies. Also, the flames against a particular member are still flames, even in here, and even if lightly veiled.

Other than that, carry on.

Upvote 0