The Democratic Safe House (2)

Status
Not open for further replies.
S

Savior2006

I wish other threads got the same treatment...

Sometimes I agree, but a lot of times I don't. To me, there's nothing more enjoyable than when a conservative starts a thread, comes out guns blazing, only to have their arguments exposed as ridiculous before the thread even gets to the second page. Then the backpedaling, oh the beautiful backpedaling. It warms my sorry excuse for a heart.

Upvote 0
S

Savior2006

This was interesting. I remember about foour years back, when Obama going through his first year, people I was arguing with on Youtube would start bringing up this guy called Saul Alinsky, as though I was supposed to know who he was.

This is apparently who he was.

Saul Alinsky: The activist who terrifies the right - Salon.com

According to Wikipedia, Alinsky was interviewed by Playboy shortly before his death. He said that if given the choice, he would actually to go hell. His reason? He's always been with the have-nots. They are his people. He would immediately start organizing there and trying to make their lives (afterlives?) better.

A pretty ballsy statement. And it gives you a great deal of insight into conservatives and their hatred of him.

Upvote 0

Gnarwhal

☩ Broman Catholic ☩
Oct 31, 2008
N/A
✟434,190.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Libertarian
Sometimes I agree, but a lot of times I don't. To me, there's nothing more enjoyable than when a conservative starts a thread, comes out guns blazing, only to have their arguments exposed as ridiculous before the thread even gets to the second page. Then the backpedaling, oh the beautiful backpedaling. It warms my sorry excuse for a heart.

Yeah, you have a point. I was more thinking of some of the insane threads started elsewhere on CF.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Gnarwhal

☩ Broman Catholic ☩
Oct 31, 2008
N/A
✟434,190.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Libertarian
The number of sock accounts some people have just blows my mind. That's all.

Yeah, especially a lot of those SDA spammers, and that Troy guy who seasonally spams eschatology.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Hetta

I'll find my way home
Jun 21, 2012
the here and now
✟64,923.00
Country
France
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Married
The anti-gay crowd really holds the award for that I think. Always the first posts/attacks they make as soon as joining, always the same style.

ITA. The same icons, the same images on their signature etc. It's SO OBVIOUS. They don't even try to hide it anymore.

I find it sad that they do so under the guise of Christianity, because Christianity is all about hatefully hounding those who are 'different.'

I thought about starting an account under the name "sock puppet".

And you'd probably get banned - while they prosper and multiply. Think on that.

Upvote 0

psalms 91

Legend
Dec 27, 2004
✟127,276.00
Faith
Word of Faith
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Democrat
ITA. The same icons, the same images on their signature etc. It's SO OBVIOUS. They don't even try to hide it anymore.

I find it sad that they do so under the guise of Christianity, because Christianity is all about hatefully hounding those who are 'different.'

Being Christan means we love the eprson but do not condone or pass laws legalizing sin. As a Chriostian it is our duty to vote and speak out according to the bible, not what is conveinient or popular. Speaking out reminds people it is sin and that they can go to hell, allowing someone to be comfortable in sin is not love, that is allowing someone to go to hell while you stand by and do nothing to help them. I dont care what sins someone commits as we all have sin in our lives and sin is sin but to go from the pew of the church and ask people to accept their sin and allow them to get married in a church and or lead the congregation, well that is a different matter.

Upvote 0

Hetta

I'll find my way home
Jun 21, 2012
the here and now
✟64,923.00
Country
France
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Married
Being Christan means we love the eprson but do not condone or pass laws legalizing sin. As a Chriostian it is our duty to vote and speak out according to the bible, not what is conveinient or popular. Speaking out reminds people it is sin and that they can go to hell, allowing someone to be comfortable in sin is not love, that is allowing someone to go to hell while you stand by and do nothing to help them. I dont care what sins someone commits as we all have sin in our lives and sin is sin but to go from the pew of the church and ask people to accept their sin and allow them to get married in a church and or lead the congregation, well that is a different matter.

Being Christian also means not lying by creating multiple personas and pretending they are not all the work of one person. Being Christian means loving first and foremost. At least in my world.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

psalms 91

Legend
Dec 27, 2004
✟127,276.00
Faith
Word of Faith
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Democrat
Being Christian also means not lying by creating multiple personas and pretending they are not all the work of one person. Being Christian means loving first and foremost. At least in my world.
Love is the key for without love it then just becomes hatred disguised as love. I also detest sock accounts as there is one on the SFPC forum that probably has 20 of them and was banned years ago but noone seems able to do much about it

Upvote 0

cow451

Standing with Ukraine.
Site Supporter
May 29, 2012
Hot and Humid
✟1,120,276.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others

So, you don't think the "hiding in plain sight" tactic is viable? How about "Smelly Sock Puppet"? Or "Holy Sock Puppet"?

th

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.