Dec 24, 2004
✟24,735.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
This thread was split automatically after 1000 replies and this thread has been automatically created.
The old thread automatically closed is here: "The Democratic Safe House"

Members who chose to participate in this safe house should identify with the Political party of this safe house. Fellowship posts from all members are welcome.

Safe House Guidelines

• The safe houses are for the purpose of enabling a group of members who are like-minded to have a thread to discuss current political topics as well as fellowship together.

• The safe house is for discussion and not for debate. Debate is defined as: "Engaging in argument by discussing opposing points."

• If a topic turns into a debate then staff will split the debate off into a new thread.

• Discussion of Politicians of all parties is allowed. Politics Forum Guidelines must be followed when discussing non-members.

• Flaming groups of members on CF is not allowed in the safe house.

• Referring to other members or groups of members as RINO's is not allowed.

• No posting of links or quotes from other threads on CF.

• No discussion or references to specific members on CF for the purpose of flaming or ridiculing that member.

Last edited by a moderator:

stamperben

It's an old family tradition
Oct 16, 2011
✟53,694.00
Faith
Humanist
Marital Status
Private
I wonder why it took so many years for this one to go over to page 2 while the Republican version has gone through dozens of roll overs?
I think the conservatives use a lot of verbiage in general. Just so you know it's not just an election issue. Plus a lot of Rah Rah backslapping stuff.

Upvote 0

DaisyDay

I Did Nothing Wrong!! ~~Team Deep State
Jan 7, 2003
Finger Lakes
✟12,354.00
Country
United States
Faith
Unitarian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
I think the conservatives use a lot of verbiage in general. Just so you know it's not just an election issue. Plus a lot of Rah Rah backslapping stuff.
Plus a lot of them only like to interact with their own kind. The Republican Safe House is on it's 6th incarnation; the Conservative Safe House only started in the last year or two.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Genersis

Person of Disinterest
Sep 26, 2011
London
✟38,690.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
UK-Labour
I watched PBS news here the other day; it's the only US news i can get with my cable provider in it's entirety(Other news channels sometimes temporally show news from other US News stations.).
Seems very...different, to UK news.
While it was talking about the DNC convention, i just couldn't brush off this odd feeling.

It very much seemed to be stuck in the 90's.
With cheesy jingles, the dress sense, how the news is presented ETC.
I've seen bits of Fox News, NBC and CNN; they all seemed to suffer from "90s syndrome". It was very weird to see present day events, and feel like you're watching something from the 90s at the same time.:o

Maybe i'm just weird.:blush:

Upvote 0
Nov 29, 2011
✟15,270.00
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
I watched PBS news here the other day; it's the only US news i can get with my cable provider in it's entirety(Other news channels sometimes temporally show news from other US News stations.).
While it was talking about the DNC convention, i just couldn't brush off this odd feeling.

I've seen bits of Fox News, NBC and CNN; they all seemed to suffer from "90s syndrome". It was very weird to see present day events, and feel like you're watching something from the 90s at the same time.:o

i get my news from pbs n bbc i dont watch the 24 hour news chs i used to get my news form abc nitely news but now they just bad only like 3 mins for a story.

Upvote 0

DaisyDay

Jan 7, 2003
Finger Lakes
✟12,354.00
Country
United States
Faith
Unitarian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others

There are a lot more computer graphics now, the resolution is much sharper and the colors are clearer. Convention dress wear is going to be on the conservative/dowdy side - it's not supposed to be Hollywood.

Upvote 0
J

Jessica01

Any Mr. Bean fans out there? Here is a funny picture - Mr. Bean meet Paul Ryan:

Dw136.jpg

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

DaisyDay

Jan 7, 2003
Finger Lakes
✟12,354.00
Country
United States
Faith
Unitarian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
[serious];61394748 said:
So we need to decide on a new poll. Packy was the first post, so I think he should get to choose the new poll question
He was first only because he did the split (or maybe because he was the OP last time). Oddly, according to his profile, his last activity was 7th March 2010 and his last post before the OP was in Jan 2007.

I'm afraid if we wait for him to do a poll, we'll have a very long wait.

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.