• Welcome to Christian Forums
  1. Welcome to Christian Forums, a forum to discuss Christianity in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

2. The forums in the Christian Congregations category are now open only to Christian members. Please review our current Faith Groups list for information on which faith groups are considered to be Christian faiths. Christian members please remember to read the Statement of Purpose threads for each forum within Christian Congregations before posting in the forum.
  3. Please note there is a new rule regarding the posting of videos. It reads, "Post a summary of the videos you post . An exception can be made for music videos.". Unless you are simply sharing music, please post a summary, or the gist, of the video you wish to share.
  4. There have been some changes in the Life Stages section involving the following forums: Roaring 20s, Terrific Thirties, Fabulous Forties, and Golden Eagles. They are changed to Gen Z, Millennials, Gen X, and Golden Eagles will have a slight change.
  5. CF Staff, Angels and Ambassadors; ask that you join us in praying for the world in this difficult time, asking our Holy Father to stop the spread of the virus, and for healing of all affected.
  6. We are no longer allowing posts or threads that deny the existence of Covid-19. Members have lost loved ones to this virus and are grieving. As a Christian site, we do not need to add to the pain of the loss by allowing posts that deny the existence of the virus that killed their loved one. Future post denying the Covid-19 existence, calling it a hoax, will be addressed via the warning system.

The Decline of Christianity in the West - your thoughts?

Discussion in 'Current News & Events (Articles Required)' started by A Gerbil, Oct 15, 2019.

1. Jesus Lives. John 20:29

Jesus Lives. John 20:29 New Member

+7
    United States
    Christian
    Married

Well, has anyone really seen what scientific things

2. Jesus Lives. John 20:29

Jesus Lives. John 20:29 New Member

+7
    United States
    Christian
    Married
    All Honor and Glory be unto The Most High God! Amen!!
    I agree that for sooo long we have heard of the end times but I do believe that we are nearing it increasinly rapidly now more than then. It is not the same or even close. So much has advanced greatly. Sodom and Gamorrah is upon us more openly. The Satanist church now has the same rights as Christianity. Even teaching children sodomy, sexual confusion and Satanism in schools. They have invented the worlds largest Quija Board just this month in Salem Massachusetts and placed it atop a "Haunted" bulding. They have invented Cern to open a portal and even performed a live satanic ritual in Switzerland. They are trying to create "The Big Bang" although being warned not to. They are microchipping willing people in more places now. They have created America's Central Computer System "The Beast". Drag Queens and pedophiles are allowed to read to children and have access/direct contact with children now.
    I don't know but I would firmly say great times are greatly approaching. At least for those who truly love The Lord Our God!
    Be Blessed Saints! Remember The Great Commission! Our Messiah draws nigh! Draw nigh unto our Messiah!!! In The Mighty Name of Jesus Christ Of Nazareth!! Amen!!!!

Last edited: Oct 17, 2019
  3. jgarden

jgarden Senior Veteran

+3,139
    Methodist
    The Decline of Christianity in the West - your thoughts?

If you read the thoughts of early Christian leaders, you'll realize just how far Christianity has strayed from its core values!

A soldier of the civil authority must be taught not to kill men and to refuse to do so if he is commanded, and to refuse to take an oath. If he is unwilling to comply, he must be rejected for baptism. A military commander or civic magistrate must resign or be rejected. If a believer seeks to become a soldier, he must be rejected, for he has despised God.
    — Hippolytus of Rome

Consider the roads blocked up by robbers, the seas beset with pirates, wars scattered all over the earth with the bloody horror of camps. The whole world is wet with mutual blood; and murder, which in the case of an individual is admitted to be a crime, is called a virtue when it is committed wholesale.
    — Cyprian of Carthage

Whatever Christians would not wish others to do to them, they do not to others. And they comfort their oppressors and make them their friends; they do good to their enemies…. Through love towards their oppressors, they persuade them to become Christians.
    — The Apology of Aristides

Christian pacifism - Wikipedia

Last edited: Oct 17, 2019
  4. anynmskr

anynmskr Member

+45
    United States
    Christian
    Private
    Hello, there, i am new here, a nd extremely concerned with concealing my identity, and making things as anynms as possible,........ ........

A few of the thin gs i hav e noticed, is lack of privacy, especially in, relationships............... Everyone is constantly, connected, and your identity is attached,
    and unless you conduct yourself, In a christian way, Online,
    You're then prey to anyone who wants to remind you, that they know who you are, And that they know your situation, And they know things tha t should probably be kept on a one on one, basis........

Gossip... And the tow er, Of babel,

Is what i'm referring, to,.....

A few, young, men, Whom i hold very dear , to me, rather precisely, decided to remove me from a message board, And they actually did me a gigantic, favor,................. I am sort of follo wing in the paths, Of a fundamentalist,
    Christian, But, when you are a singl woman, or person, On the internet,

A lot of other young women, Will purposefully pay attention, to, And get involved in private affairs,

Ju st by seeing who your mutual frienss, Are...

I do not believe, This is healthy,
    However, anything you say, or send out, Is then able to be seen, And anyo ne you resp ond to, Or anyone who responds, Toyou,

Is then able to be traced back to you, By someone you may, or may not have given permission, to do so, Or you may have,....

So, again,... Gossip.. And the continuation of having 2 or so, Billion, people, All connected i n one giant, platform,

Altogether, as, One,... God did not intend to have 2 billion people come together, as, One,.......................

Another thing, is, As someone stated,.................

A lot of people have replaced church days, With shopping,Going out to eat,
    And getting errands done, And skipping church, And church attendance has fallen,...

I'm have sometimes found myself involved in this as well, of it, myself,....

I'm not sure how to better explain what i am trying to say,

As well as, I sincerely bel ieve that navigating the onli ne world,
    Is different for a woman,
    Than a man,

As most things, are,

But, i am really equating the internet,

And the way in which some have decided to conduct themselves, On it,

Is turning in to one , 2 billion percentage of the world,

Modern day,

Tower of babel,... And it's not knowledge,

That will result, from, it,...

I believe, the "All knowing",

That Jesus is referring to,

Is not knowledge,...

However, It is that someday, The en tire world, And everyone in it,

Will, All know,

Each, other.

That's the b est i can come up with................

5. A Gerbil

A Gerbil Member

+158
    United Kingdom
    Christian
    Single

This is why I have struggled to find a church! Any that are political or are affiliated with the state are likely to be mired in controversy. By its very nature politics is corrupt and deceitful.

2 Timothy 2:4

6. Dafydd Croft

Dafydd Croft Well-Known Member

+666
    Singapore
    Christian
    Single
    I feel like the only reason Islam is growing is because of all of the people that came over here a time ago were Muslim. I don't feel like it means your average person is going to convert to Islam.

• Optimistic Optimistic x 1
    • List
  7. Dafydd Croft

+666
    Singapore
    Christian
    Single
    Interesting. I can see that. If someone asked you what religion you belong to and you said "Christianity", they likely would not blink an eye; only when you are very serious about following God and it is evident in your life; then it is considered abnormal.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
    • List
  8. Dafydd Croft

+666
    Singapore
    Christian
    Single
    Wasn't it almost similar thousands of years back? Perversions etc

9. Dafydd Croft

+666
    Singapore
    Christian
    Single
    I think that the vast majority of the world are lost.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  10. Daniel C

Daniel C Well-Known Member

+414
    United Kingdom
    Baptist
    Single

Yes Luca but people make a nation. If collectively people turn their back on the one true God we could say that nation is lost or indeed following a false God,like Islamic nations.

11. A Gerbil

A Gerbil Member

+158
    United Kingdom
    Christian
    Single
    I imagine that a large proportion of the immigrants we receive today are Muslims, too. I believe they're having more children, and if a Muslim marries outside of their faith, it's expected their spouse would convert and/or the children are raised within the Islamic faith.

I understand it is permissible for Muslim men to marry 'people of the book', but I don't believe the rule applies to women.

Ultimately demographic projections are speculative, as there are so many variables. However The Telegraph reports that the Muslim population is expected to triple over the next thirty years, whilst as I previously stated the number of people identifying as Christian is falling sharply.

That used to be the case, definitely. Nowadays I feel that I'm perceived as a bit odd by some of my colleagues when I say that I am a Christian. Friends, relatives and colleagues are often willing to say disparaging things about Christianity and religion in general to me, but appear to be more reluctant to do so in the presence of Muslims or members of 'minority' faiths. However, that's obviously my own experience and I think it probably depends on when you live, your age, your circle of friends, job, etc.

12. Albion

Albion Facilitator

+29,672
    Anglican
    Married
    It's common in the USA also, and it owes to two things: 1) ignorance of Islam whereas those speakers have had some experience with Christians (whether or not the ones they find distateful are typical of the religion or not), and 2) the liberal mindset which likes to blame the majority for everything while cultivating and flattering every minority.

13. dzheremi

dzheremi Coptic Orthodox non-Egyptian

+11,204
    Oriental Orthodox
    Private
    You are correct. Muslim men can marry Jewish and Christian women (though from what I understand, such marriages are not preferred), but Muslim women cannot marry non-Muslim men. Islam is kind of the inverse of Judaism, in that the religion is 'passed down', if you will, through the father, rather than the mother. This is why cases like that of Meriam Ibrahim in Sudan unfold the way they do: Her Muslim father leaves her Christian mother to raise her by herself, so she is raised in Christianity and never knows Islam, but technically she is still considered a Muslim by law since her father is a Muslim, so when she marries a fellow Christian later in life, she is turned in to police by a Muslim relative for committing 'adultery' (since obviously the marriage of a Muslim woman and a non-Muslim man can never be a true marriage, because that's not allowed in Islam).

This is another of the many, many ways that Islam "stacks the deck" in its own favor, just like how you aren't technically allowed to leave it (though many do), aren't allowed to say anything impermissible against the Qur'an or Muhammad, etc. Lots of prohibitions of this type that of course never apply to how Muslims behave towards others. :rolleyes:

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
    • List
  14. Ricky M

Ricky M Well-Known Member Supporter

+1,304
    United States
    Non-Denom
    Married
    US-Others
    Today's technology is the game changer. Never before has man had the ability to be instantly obnoxious around the world.

15. Redwingfan9

Redwingfan9 Well-Known Member

+1,502
    United States
    Reformed
    Married
    Technology is a cop out. There's nothing new under the sun. The perversions available online have been available to people for centuries in towns all over the world.

16. Tolworth John

Tolworth John Well-Known Member Supporter

+3,595
    United Kingdom
    Non-Denom
    Married
    Christianity has been aparently 'dead' many times in the past.
    Do you trust Jersus's promise that hell can not prevail against his church. That is not an organisation, but the body seen and unseen who belong to Jesus.

• List
  17. Redwingfan9

Redwingfan9 Well-Known Member

+1,502
    United States
    Reformed
    Married
    I can't speak for everyone but I think when most of us say that Christianity is dead in the west we don't mean for all time. Perhaps a better term would be dormant.

Eventually the faith will blossom again in the west. We've had dead or dormant periods in the past, such as the century or two before the reformation. Within a generation half of Europe was converted after Luther began the reformation. That will happen again at some point, when is anyone's guess.

• List
  18. The Armored Ephesian

The Armored Ephesian New Member

+2
    United States
    Christian
    Married
    This forum is something I have been looking to join for a long time, a chance to speak with like minded folks who love Christ above all things.
    I think what we are seeing today is the line is growing between God and Satan, people hate to admit it but prophesy after prophesy is being fulfilled. The Spiritual warfare we face as the body of Christ is seeping into the physical realm. This type of stuff you would see in some sort of fantasy book or a video game but its the real deal. God is showing us that the times are upon us. It could be tomorrow or 100 years from now but "soon" is the key word.
    (Just my two cents )

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  19. A Gerbil

A Gerbil Member

+158
    United Kingdom
    Christian
    Single
    My estimation is the next fifty years, though I believe it is likely to be sooner than that.

20. Emmylouwho

Emmylouwho Well-Known Member

+221
    United States
    Christian Seeker
    Widowed
    Is this how you view your life here on Earth? You make our God-given lives sound like a science fiction nightmare! Do you ever have any fun?