The Decline of Christianity in the West - your thoughts?

Kaon

Mar 12, 2018
Los Angeles
✟111,507.00
Country
United States
Faith
Other Religion
Marital Status
Celibate
I read an article about the decline of Christianity in the UK and few Google searches indicated that this trend is happening all over the western world. So, is it inevitable? Is it a sign of the End Times? What is the future of Christianity?

Personally I think the decline of Christianity is being contrived by Luciferian forces. The political/media/industrial elite, though often masquerading as Christians, are actively trying to destroy it.

I think more people are rejecting dogmatic institutions, and are trying to find organic understanding of the Most High God. I that respect, I think it is a beautiful thing if it is perceived that there is a decline in Christianity in the West.

But, people are also being misled and swindled by the institution - so they become disillusioned and leave. Moreover, now that the West accepts homosexuality, more people are leaving the institution that highlights their sin more than others (like adultery, gossip or lying).

It is a general falling away from institution, but those who are of the Most High God never stay down/fail even if they get lost - if that is what is happening.

Upvote 0

klutedavid

Dec 7, 2013
Sydney, Australia.
✟244,844.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
I read an article about the decline of Christianity in the UK and few Google searches indicated that this trend is happening all over the western world. So, is it inevitable? Is it a sign of the End Times? What is the future of Christianity?

Personally I think the decline of Christianity is being contrived by Luciferian forces. The political/media/industrial elite, though often masquerading as Christians, are actively trying to destroy it.
Far too many distractions these days what with sport, social media, games, social lives.

Not even many Christians would regularly pray and read the scripture.

Even the internet and Christian forums are racked by debates and controversy.

The long term viability of Christianity is next to zero and church attendance is in free fall.

2 Thessalonians 2:3
Let no one in any way deceive you, for it will not come unless the apostasy (falling away) comes first, and the man of lawlessness is revealed, the son of destruction.

Just as was predicted to happen by Paul. We live in an interesting era now.

Upvote 0

A Gerbil

Oct 8, 2019
Lanarkshire, Scotland
✟16,856.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I think more people are rejecting dogmatic institutions, and are trying to find organic understanding of the Most High God. I that respect, I think it is a beautiful thing if it is perceived that there is a decline in Christianity in the West.

But, people are also being misled and swindled by the institution - so they become disillusioned and leave. Moreover, now that the West accepts homosexuality, more people are leaving the institution that highlights their sin more than others (like adultery, gossip or lying).

It is a general falling away from institution, but those who are of the Most High God never stay down/fail even if they get lost - if that is what is happening.

I don't wish to get into the homosexuality debate - my belief is hate the sin, love the sinner - but I do think that Christian morality has been deliberately subverted and at the same time we have been told that we are a multicultural country. There has been a war on Christianity! Look at the story below:

Art exhibition which encourages visitors to deface the Bible | Daily Mail Online

Can you imagine the council funding an art exhibition that defaces the Quran?

Upvote 0

A Gerbil

Oct 8, 2019
Lanarkshire, Scotland
✟16,856.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single

I don't wish to get into the homosexuality debate - my belief is hate the sin, love the sinner - but I do think that Christian morality has been deliberately subverted and at the same time we have been told that we are a multicultural country. There has been a war on Christianity! Look at the story below:

Art exhibition which encourages visitors to deface the Bible | Daily Mail Online

Upvote 0

Kaon

Mar 12, 2018
Los Angeles
✟111,507.00
Country
United States
Faith
Other Religion
Marital Status
Celibate

I believe Christianity is doing just fine as is, and will likely continue to prosper.

Christians, however, are not doing fine on the whole of the plane of existence. And, the enemy has knowledge of who will forsake the Holy covenant of the Most High God - so the real battle(s) happen on an individual level.

The breakdown of the institution of Christianity is an allusion to the coming interfaith world religion. You can be Christian you just can't be too Christian (and, we see that with Christian institution today.)

Upvote 0

lismore

Maranatha
Oct 28, 2004
Scotland
✟244,618.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Is it a sign of the End Times?

Yes. The night is far spent, dawn is at hand.

But, many are still coming to faith in this country. Many are still being baptised. We had twelve baptisms in the church I attend this year so far. More to follow. God Bless :)

Upvote 0

Maria Billingsley

Site Supporter
Oct 7, 2018
Martinez
✟902,736.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married

Jesus said this:
“Enter by the narrow gate; for wide is the gate and broad is the way that leads to destruction, and there are many who go in by it.

Upvote 0

A Gerbil

Oct 8, 2019
Lanarkshire, Scotland
✟16,856.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I believe Christianity is doing just fine as is, and will likely continue to prosper.

Christians, however, are not doing fine on the whole of the plane of existence. And, the enemy has knowledge of who will forsake the Holy covenant of the Most High God - so the real battle(s) happen on an individual level.

The breakdown of the institution of Christianity is an allusion to the coming interfaith world religion. You can be Christian you just can't be too Christian (and, we see that with Christian institution today.)

Interesting. Have you any information about this? I'd like to read up on it. Thanks.

Upvote 0

Brightmoon

Apes and humans are all in family Hominidae.
Mar 2, 2018
NYC
✟151,950.00
Country
United States
Faith
Episcopalian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
The Satanic temple? I thought that they were mostly atheists who chose the name to tweak fundie noses. Frankly I had a good laugh when they put up that ugly statue of Baphomet to make a point about separation of church and state in America . If you’re going to claim evil influences, aside from the silly and controversial name, these people don’t do evil things

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

MournfulWatcher

In the beginning was the Word.
Feb 15, 2016
United States
✟110,673.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
The western christian institution is declining rapidly. Christian ideas and cultural norms are practically non-existent among young people. Most have honestly never heard the Gospel. I live in the Bible belt and my teenage sister only has one or two christian friends at school (and she has a lot of friends). A big chunk of the school identifies as gay or transgender.
I read statistics showing 30% of people in the uk didn't know who the baby in the nativity scene is at Christmastime. The cultural memory is quickly forgetting it's christian roots.
Yes, the church is getting swept under the rug in the west. It's time for Christians to get serious, cling more tightly to their communities, and practice serious prayer and devotion to God. We should also look to our brothers and sisters outside of the west as an example, since many are facing much more intense persecution and yet cling more fiercely to Christ, and yet Christianity continues to grow there. I believe that maybe God is showing His favor on them especially. The western church has gotten lazy and privileged; God loves to lift up the poor and humble and bring down the proud.
Stay close to your churches, and make wise financial and career decisions. It will probably be hard to get a high earning job in the near future for devout Christians.

Upvote 0

packermann

Nov 30, 2003
Northwest Suburbs of Chicago, IL
✟45,845.00
Faith
Catholic
Politics
US-Republican

"I tell you, he will see that they get justice, and quickly. However, when the Son of Man comes, will he find faith on the earth?"
Luke 18:8

The question implies that the answer would be "no".

Upvote 0

A Gerbil

Oct 8, 2019
Lanarkshire, Scotland
✟16,856.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
The Satanic temple? I thought that they were mostly atheists who chose the name to tweak fundie noses. Frankly I had a good laugh when they put up that ugly statue of Baphomet to make a point about separation of church and state in America . If you’re going to claim evil influences, aside from the silly and controversial name, these people don’t do evil things

But that's exactly how it will start - "we're just atheist trolls". Meanwhile they get people accustomed to the name, and apparently they're expanding rapidly. In a generation or two nobody will know any different.

Upvote 0

Brightmoon

Mar 2, 2018
NYC
✟151,950.00
Country
United States
Faith
Episcopalian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
But that's exactly how it will start - "we're just atheist trolls". Meanwhile they get people accustomed to the name, and apparently they're expanding rapidly. In a generation or two nobody will know any different.
. Maybe you’d better read their Wikipedia article. Frankly there’s nothing much that they do that I’d disagree with
57568F90-2D52-43FA-BD6E-EE52D2D61455.jpeg

Again I’d suggest reading the whole article instead of relying on your prejudices against the name.

Upvote 0

A Gerbil

Oct 8, 2019
Lanarkshire, Scotland
✟16,856.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
. Maybe you’d better read their Wikipedia article. Frankly there’s nothing much that they do that I’d disagree with View attachment 265076

Again I’d suggest reading the whole article instead of relying on your prejudices against the name.

The Guardian article I posted previously states:

'Across the US, civic-minded millennial satanists combine activism with pranks calculated to wind up the Christian right. With her funny, light-hearted documentary, Penny Lane lets the sunshine in, focusing on the Temple’s message of open-mindedness and inclusivity – LGBTQ followers speak of a sense of belonging.'

My emphasis. So their entire purpose is to mock the 'Christian right'...not Islam which is a far more conservative religion which to this day executes people for apostasy and blasphemy. How does one define the term 'Christian right'? The organisation is anti-Christian.

• Agree
Reactions: dzheremi
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Brightmoon

Mar 2, 2018
NYC
✟151,950.00
Country
United States
Faith
Episcopalian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
The organization is for separation of church and state. Which the Christian religious right in this country wants to deny . They’re basically for a secular country. Frankly I agree with that as I don’t want the close to fascist ideals of the Christian Right imposed on me either and I am a Christian

. I tend to ask myself is this true or accurate and how do you know , before I make up my mind about something.

Upvote 0

A Gerbil

Oct 8, 2019
Lanarkshire, Scotland
✟16,856.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
The organization is for separation of church and state. Which the Christian religious right in this country wants to deny . They’re basically for a secular country. Frankly I agree with that as I don’t want the close to fascist ideals of the Christian Right imposed on me either and I am a Christian

You are very naive if you believe that an organisation's stated goal is their real objective. It would be very difficult to market Satanism if they were sacrificing animals and drinking blood. What they are seeking to do is to weaken Christian influence. It's the thin end of the wedge, and given all the other signs that point to the End Times, I happen to think this is a very sinister development.

In the 1960s in the UK homosexuality was legalised (which I do not disagree with). Then later came calls for homosexuality to be taught in schools. Then civil partnerships. Then gay couples could legally adopt. Then gay marriage. In the 1960s no gay advocacy group would have dared to demand gay marriage and the right to adopt. These things happen incrementally, society becomes accustomed to it and then it moves on.

Upvote 0

Brightmoon

Mar 2, 2018
NYC
✟151,950.00
Country
United States
Faith
Episcopalian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Ok I’m naive and....how does anything they did demonstrate harm ? ( other than the fact that Baphomet puts the ug in ugly) Bringing up gays as if that is a problem for me is a little weird. My church accepts gays and I’ve got a biology degree. Being gay is natural for a lot of animals ( humans are animals btw)I don’t consider homosexuality to be a problem that I need to impose my will on others for .

• Agree
Reactions: john23237
Upvote 0

A Gerbil

Oct 8, 2019
Lanarkshire, Scotland
✟16,856.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Ok I’m naive and....how does anything they did demonstrate harm ? ( other than the fact that Baphomet puts the ug in ugly) Bringing up gays as if that is a problem for me is a little weird. My church accepts gays and I’ve got a biology degree. Being gay is natural for a lot of animals ( humans are animals btw)I don’t consider homosexuality to be a problem that I need to impose my will on others for .

I was using homosexuality as an example. I can use another though, if you'd prefer: tuition fees. In the UK in the 1980s students would actually get a grant from the government when they went to university. Later they were told this would be means tested, meaning that it was dependant upon the student's or his family's income. The grants then became loans, which of course have to be paid back. Then the government introduced tuition fees, which were just a thousand pounds initially. Then they became three thousand pounds. My point is the government would never have come out and declared that they were going to scrap the grant and instead charge tuition fees, it was a gradual process.

So forgive me for not trusting the Satanic Temple when it claims that it is purely benevolent organisation. It's an affront to Christianity, which it is intended to be, but it might turn out to be far more sinister than it initially claims.

Upvote 0

Brightmoon

Mar 2, 2018
NYC
✟151,950.00
Country
United States
Faith
Episcopalian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Well that’s the EXACT reason I don’t trust the Religious Right as I’m female and they think our lives aren’t important. They want to treat us like we’re property

• Agree
Reactions: john23237
Upvote 0