Kentucky
✟44,542.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I think you unwittingly made Via Crucis' point for him (although I'm not answering for him, just saying how I see it). You explained how people can be fraudulent about their "love for God" and other professed religious beliefs. That's the whole point about Trump and other "patriots" who say they love God and say things like "God bless America" - they are deceived into thinking they know who God is and what God is about and that they love Him when in fact they are deceived and keep themselves in deception by not learning more. They don't have a heart for God even though they sometimes have the mouth for God.

Trump, after all his talk about God and even Jesus, ultimately says that he doesn't need forgiveness and therefore doesn't ask for forgiveness. That's anti-Christian and displays that he has no concept who God really is. Not to mention that he makes it abundantly clear that his god is mammon.

That's all his right. And it's fine if someone who is a Christian wants to support him politically. The problem is when a Christian tries to pass off Trump as someone who actually believes in the True God when he clearly demonstrates that he doesn't know Him at all. In that case, the Christian doing it is either abjectly ignorant (perhaps willfully ignorant) or is lying.
I agree with your points, but want to add one other thing: Just as Israel was helped out and "saved" by other kings that were NOT followers of the same religion, that is kinda how I see trump.

Like you, I noticed he said he doesn't need forgiveness for anything. That was a huge red flag. However, one can be used of God and not be a Christian. Pharaoh comes to mind.

And yeah, I never bought into the "God bless America" thing. In the OT, God was God of Israel, a theocratic nation. He is now the God of the individual. It's personal. It's not about countries. If we want our nation to be blessed, we need to be a nation of followers of Christ.

Upvote 0

SBC

Jul 9, 2017
US
✟38,276.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
I think you unwittingly made Via Crucis' point for him (although I'm not answering for him, just saying how I see it). You explained how people can be fraudulent about their "love for God" and other professed religious beliefs.

Perhaps INSTEAD of you telling me, "what you see" and "you think".... why don't you use "MY EXPRESS QUOTES" saying anything whatsoever about "people having a fraudulent" claim saying they LOVE GOD, or even mentioning "other professed religious beliefs"?

That's the whole point

Actually there is NO point ...... YOU HAVE MADE NO VALID POINT!

You didn't SAY WHAT I SAID ... WHAT YOU DID was; CLAIM WHAT YOU THINK, is what I THINK.

I NEVER said, you thinking for me, speaking for me, IS WHAT I think, nor is it what I said.

You SAID;

You explained how people can be fraudulent about their "love for God"

No, I did not. And NO YOU DID NOT REVEAL ME SAYING ANY SUCH THING!

You simply made that up, and pretend that is what I said or think , WHEN I SAID NO SUCH THING!

How about using the QUOTE FEATURE, with MY WORDS, then responding with YOUR WORDS..... instead of speaking for me, with YOUR WORDS, then disagreeing with YOUR own words? Which somehow in your mind you think your are making a point BETWEEN US. You aren't. You are simple disagreeing with yourself, which is simply nonsensical!

Try Again,
God Bless,
SBC

Last edited:
Upvote 0

SBC

Jul 9, 2017
US
✟38,276.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
And yeah, I never bought into the "God bless America" thing. In the OT, God was God of Israel, a theocratic nation. He is now the God of the individual. It's personal. It's not about countries. If we want our nation to be blessed, we need to be a nation of followers of Christ.

Disagree.

Both land and the people of the land, ARE the Nations.

God created the Earth as a habitat for mankind, and LOVES both, the Habitat and the People thereof.

The People individually choose to LOVE God, however, the LAND, that was promised to Abraham, and his descendants, by PROMISE, "are" all sons of Abraham, from out of the people of Every Nation, WHOM God desires, they LOVE their brothers who LOVE God, and LOVE Gods blessings upon their Nations, thus they say, without reservation, Gods blessings be unto their brothers, and Gods blessing be unto the nations, BECAUSE they trust God hears their plea for His great blessings.

God Bless,
SBC

Upvote 0

Almost there

Oct 24, 2017
Kentucky
✟44,542.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Disagree.

Both land and the people of the land, ARE the Nations.

God created the Earth as a habitat for mankind, and LOVES both, the Habitat and the People thereof.

The People individually choose to LOVE God, however, the LAND, that was promised to Abraham, and his descendants, by PROMISE, "are" all sons of Abraham, from out of the people of Every Nation, WHOM God desires, they LOVE their brothers who LOVE God, and LOVE Gods blessings upon their Nations, thus they say, without reservation, Gods blessings be unto their brothers, and Gods blessing be unto the nations, BECAUSE they trust God hears their plea for His great blessings.

God Bless,
SBC
The land will be destroyed. By God.

Upvote 0

SBC

Jul 9, 2017
US
✟38,276.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
The land will be destroyed. By God.

Actually, this is a world without end. The destruction is upon the earth, and upon those dwelling upon the earth ~ however until such time, we appeal to God, for His blessing upon men and the nations. I do anyway, and believe others do as well.

God Bless,
SBC

Reactions: Almost there
Upvote 0