Dawnhammer

Mar 5, 2017
Denmark
✟23,474.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Do you check how pious your barber or grocer is?

Some might argue that being a POTUS , a bit more character and ability than your average barber or grocer is expected.

It is good comparison though. I think Trump would make a fine barber talking irrelevancies while cutting someone’s hair.

Upvote 0

jmldn2

Site Supporter
Nov 20, 2013
✟85,156.00
Country
United States
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Married
Upvote 0

LadyKay

Nov 6, 2017
Midwest
✟23,067.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
I believe Christianity is under assault in America as well in the rest of the world.

I keep hearing this. But no one can explain to me what they mean. I do not feel that I myself as a Christian is under assault in America. Considering there are counties where Christians are having their heads cut off. Yet we complain we are under attack. Here I am free to attend a church of my choice. Or not to attend. I am free to own and read the Bible. Without fear of being put under arrest for doing so. I am free to post about my Christian faith on message forums such as this one and other social media sites. I am free to tell anyone I want that Jesus's loves them. So what is this assault on American Christians that I seem to be missing?

Upvote 0

jmldn2

Site Supporter
Nov 20, 2013
✟85,156.00
Country
United States
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Married
Yes, we are free to post about Christianity on Christian forums, not everywhere else though. We are not having our heads chopped off but we are having our message stifled, i.e. baking a wedding cake for gays or else lose one's business. There are social media sites which would beg to differ with you about posting your faith there. I could go on and on but if one does not see the change in America in reference to Christianity then probably nothing I could say would make any difference. Evil creeps in subtly and almost undetectable.

Upvote 0

Blood Bought 1953

Ned Flander’s Buddy
Oct 21, 2017
Portsmouth
✟81,329.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Yes, we are free to post about Christianity on Christian forums, not everywhere else though. We are not having our heads chopped off but we are having our message stifled, i.e. baking a wedding cake for gays or else lose one's business. There are social media sites which would beg to differ with you about posting your faith there. I could go on and on but if one does not see the change in America in reference to Christianity then probably nothing I could say would make any difference. Evil creeps in subtly and almost undetectable.

I am a retired wedding photographer.retired just before these controversies started. I can promise I would not attend a gay wedding,much less photograph one.they could sue me,shut down my business or jail me. Still would not do it. Way to creepy.

Reactions: jmldn2
Upvote 0

SBC

Jul 9, 2017
US
✟38,276.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others

Most conservative Christians voted for Donald Trump, someone who has stated publically that he sees no need to repent and seek God's forgiveness from sin.

1 John 1:10 - If we say that we have not sinned, we make him a liar, and his word is not in us.

Where did he say, he had not sinned?

God Bless,
SBC

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Blood Bought 1953

Ned Flander’s Buddy
Oct 21, 2017
Portsmouth
✟81,329.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
What triggers "alarm bells" for me is proclaimed Christians deciding other believers have something to prove to them. Trump is content with his belief in God. I'm sure you are content with your belief in God. Should you like, as you challenge, to be constantly challenged that your belief is not sufficient?

Romans 10
[9] That if thou shalt confess with thy mouth the Lord Jesus, and shalt believe in thine heart that God hath raised him from the dead, thou shalt be saved.

Mark 16
[16] He that believeth and is baptized shall be saved;

John 1
[12] But as many as received him, to them gave he power to become the sons of God, even to them that believe on his name:

Luke 8
[50] But when Jesus heard it, he answered him, saying, Fear not: believe only, and she shall be made whole.

Exclusive: Donald Trump to Brody File: 'I believe in God. I am Christian.'
Exclusive: Donald Trump to Brody File: 'I believe in God. I am Christian.'

John 5
[21] For as the Father raiseth up the dead, and quickeneth them; even so the Son quickeneth whom he will.

God Bless,
SBC

I knew there was a chance that I would be misunderstood...I have no idea if he is saved or not....that’s why i said it “appears” that he is a lost man. I have heard a couple of preachers say that he is a “ baby Christian” I genuinely hop that is the case—I should have included that I’n my original post

Hopefully he just does not know how to express himself,but believing in God is miles away from being a Christian....Satan believes in God —and trembles.Regardless I pray for him. God bless

Upvote 0

Sketcher

Born Imperishable
Feb 23, 2004
✟379,648.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
The President of the United States is not just some "barber" or "grocer" - he/she is the most powerful and influential person in the world, exemplifying the moral compass of the nation!
The most moral people in the nation are too humble to run for office.

Upvote 0

Rion

Annuit Cœptis
Site Supporter
Oct 26, 2006
Nebraska
✟419,198.00
Country
United States
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Single
Ever notice how the party that is out of power suddenly gets really interested in the religiousness and morality of the sitting President but always seems to lose said interest once they're back in power?

Odd, isn't it? :mmh:

Upvote 0

SBC

Jul 9, 2017
US
✟38,276.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
I knew there was a chance that I would be misunderstood...I have no idea if he is saved or not....that’s why i said it “appears” that he is a lost man. I have heard a couple of preachers say that he is a “ baby Christian” I genuinely hop that is the case—I should have included that I’n my original post

Hopefully he just does not know how to express himself,but believing in God is miles away from being a Christian....Satan believes in God —and trembles.Regardless I pray for him. God bless

Please acknowledge - comments to you, to your name, are not necessarily FOR you.
Jesus himself spoke so others could hear - fully well knowing who particularly He was speaking to - did not necessarily need to hear what He was saying.

John 11
[42] And I knew that thou hearest me always: but because of the people which stand by I said it, that they may believe that thou hast sent me.

Jesus said many things, that listeners already believed, and that some listeners need to hear, for their own benefit.

Not only are the words spoken given for knowledge, but it is the understanding of the words that are paramount.

Point is ~ Trump acknowledges wrongs he has done - and many take that as a lead to scourge him. Trump has corrected and amended his own wrongs as he has seen fit, and others carrying on is but on them. And on the flip side, Trump has of his own accord been very generous to the needy, those desiring to work, he has provided of his own accord, thousands of jobs, and thousands of his means to aid others. Those are things, that his own heart directs him to do, and NOT by being forced to do, nor does he have to disclose ALL that he does.
As far as his religious convictions - He has made his own declarations. Anyone can challenge his belief, his faith, his convictions - but so what? (less they themselves, justify themselves to cast stones at another for doing what they themselves have done)
He has no obligation to prove his relationship with God, nor does anyone else. I don't doubt his belief in God, in Jesus Christ, or his committed faithfulness to the same. Others have the right to make their own conclusions. And I have the right to disagree with them.

Personally, I do not believe "lost men", exalt God or declare their faithfulness to Him.

God Bless,
SBC

Reactions: jmldn2
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

tulc

loves "SO'S YER MOM!! posts!
May 18, 2002
✟271,570.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Ever notice how the party that is out of power suddenly gets really interested in the religiousness and morality of the sitting President but always seems to lose said interest once they're back in power?
It's odd to ask which family value "the Party of Family Values" is backing when they push a guy who molested a 14 year old and liked to date teenagers when he was 34? I would have thought that was a pretty good question...did you notice the guys in charge of the White House, both houses of Congress and the Supreme Court got there by claiming to BE the Party of family values but the instant they got what they wanted family values is dismissed as "something from the 90's!"? :wave:

Odd, isn't it? :mmh:
Not really, pointing out a hypocrisy in another party is older then America. ;)
tulc(heck, it sort of played a part in the Garden of Eden!) :oldthumbsup:

Upvote 0

Rion

Annuit Cœptis
Site Supporter
Oct 26, 2006
Nebraska
✟419,198.00
Country
United States
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Single
It's odd to ask which family value "the Party of Family Values" is backing when they push a guy who molested a 14 year old and liked to date teenagers when he was 34? I would have thought that was a pretty good question...did you notice the guys in charge of the White House, both houses of Congress and the Supreme Court got there by claiming to BE the Party of family values but the instant they got what they wanted family values is dismissed as "something from the 90's!"? :wave:

Not really, pointing out a hypocrisy in another party is older then America. ;)
tulc(heck, it sort of played a part in the Garden of Eden!) :oldthumbsup:

No, because I don't recall Trump ever claiming to represent family values. In fact, it was his embrace of the Democrats moral relativism that seems to have helped him pull off a win. It isn't simply a matter of abandoning principles, although that is part of it. Then again, as I have stated numerous times, it is also a matter of the media crying wolf so often and so loudly that many people are pre-disposed to assume they're lying.

As far as the accused jailbait judge, I'm honestly surprised he didn't pull a redemption story and say that yeah, he once was a scumbag, but that was when he was part of the Democratic party and that sort of inner-party culture is one of the reasons he left them. Luckily for the left, Moore doesn't seem to have thought of that (since I doubt he didn't do it on moral grounds).

Upvote 0

Basil the Great

Site Supporter
Mar 9, 2009
✟721,243.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Green
OP - Your thread is probably a few decades too early. However, the signs are very clear that Christianity is in the throws of a death cycle in much of Europe. Mass attendance rates and church attendance rates have literally plummeted within two generations and in some cases only one generation. Can the cycle there be reversed? Only time will tell. Will such a death cycle come to the U.S.? I believe that it will eventually, but not for a while, as there is still a pretty solid base of support for the Christian faith in America. However, this is not to say that there are not warning signs here already. Modernism and Secularism are becoming more and more rampant, even within Christian communities.

I recall a Made-for-TV movie from a few decades ago. It was a fiction film starring a young Linda Hamilton, famous for her two Terminator films. She played a Russian citizen who was in training to go to the U.S., to do some sort of spying I guess. During the training session, the teacher asked the class what was the #1 religion in America. Either Linda or another woman responded by saying "Christianity". However, the teacher said, "no, the main religion in America is sex." Several decades after Linda's early film, that statement is probably more true today than it was back then.

Upvote 0

Rion

Annuit Cœptis
Site Supporter
Oct 26, 2006
Nebraska
✟419,198.00
Country
United States
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Single
OP - Your thread is probably a few decades too early. However, the signs are very clear that Christianity is in the throws of a death cycle in much of Europe. Mass attendance rates and church attendance rates have literally plummeted within two generations and in some cases only one generation. Can the cycle there be reversed? Only time will tell. Will such a death cycle come to the U.S.? I believe that it will eventually, but not for a while, as there is still a pretty solid base of support for the Christian faith in America. However, this is not to say that there are not warning signs here already. Modernism and Secularism are becoming more and more rampant, even within Christian communities.

I recall a Made-for-TV movie from a few decades ago. It was a fiction film starring a young Linda Hamilton, famous for her two Terminator films. She played a Russian citizen who was in training to go to the U.S., to do some sort of spying I guess. During the training session, the teacher asked the class what was the #1 religion in America. Either Linda or another woman responded by saying "Christianity". However, the teacher said, "no, the main religion in America is sex." Several decades after Linda's early film, that statement is probably more true today than it was back then.

Amazing what embracing moral relativism does to a country's future, eh? :puff:

Upvote 0

John Robie

Just checking in.
Site Supporter
May 28, 2015
✟32,545.00
Faith
Christian
Probably a little late, and a blind post, but this part was interesting.

“No greater proof is needed of the death of Christianity than the rush to defend a child molester in order to maintain a majority in the U.S. Senate.”

At this point there is only allegations. They could be true, but the writer assumes that they are. If they were, then his OP/Ed would be accurate.

Also, I think it’s not fair to lump all evangelicals together because of a few public statements by some (in the link).

Upvote 0