The Day People Will Never Forget, The Darkest Day of 9/11.

crystalpc

Veteran
Jan 11, 2004
Just this side of heaven
Visit site
✟16,754.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Politics
US-Constitution
mhatten said:
what they did was wrong, but to say they hate just because is unrealistic.

We have supported dictators in the mideast to suit our purposes and then thrown them aside when the shoe no longer fit to well.
I would have to quote Krauthiemer on this. If it was because of policy, or jealousy, then why aren't our buildings being knocked over by Haitians, or Africans.No they were knocked over by extremeist mulims who are bent on world domination for allah. Simple as that. They hate us becuase we are powerful, and we have freedom Period. We do not force our religion by sword, nor do we accept theirs, that makes us satan to them. They want to bring back the last imam, so that all christians will convert or die. And the rocks and trees will cry out, here is a jew hiding behind me! muslim come and kill him.
Jews are descended from apes and christians are descended from pigs. This extremist supposedly minority out of over a billion people make up 25 percent of that billion.
To say we have supported dictatorships, look at their country's and the country;s we have now fought to free. They majority cries out to replace one dictatoship for another. Democracy is not a muslim mindset. Period. Never has been never will be. They don't want freedom for their own people, ask any christian in Iraq or the Sudan they are enemys of democracy and freedom of religion, speech, etc.
Live in Saudi Arabia, or Pakistan, and see hpw many are allowed to live in peace or freedom.
We may support the house of Saud, for convienance. But let me ask you, we found the oil there, they were backward didn't know there was oil until our country came in and found it. Instead of our buying the wells we gave them to the people, and became customers. Our crime is buying from them making them rich. What store do you go into that shoots their best paying customers? How many times do you get shot out before you quit coming in? I will; not buy Arab oil, the stations I go to get buy oil exclusively from the us and Venezula. I will not support a country who uses my money to try and kill me or take away my way of life. PERIOD!!

Reactions: jameseb
Upvote 0

JohnCJ

Mar 17, 2004
✟982.00
Faith
Christian
Politics
US-Republican
I had just gotten off of work that morning and I hadn't turned on the radio or looked on the web and went right to bed. I woke up around 11am to take my fiance to college. On the ride up the hill to her school I turned on the radio and thats when I heard about it. I almost had to stop the car but I went ahead and took her to class. (i didn't have tv) I rushed home and turned on the radio and laid down on the couch and couldn't sleep I was just so mad and angry. I started hearing stories about how there was a plane circling over Elkins WV (tiny town) where my parent lived and I was realy freaked out so I called home. The feds didn't tell the state cops what the plane was doing until it had left. It was just a radar plane. Elkins is only maybe a 1/2 away from DC 'the way the crow flies'.

Upvote 0

Injured Soldier

Dec 21, 2003
✟1,048.00
Faith
Christian
This extremist supposedly minority out of over a billion people make up 25 percent of that billion.
Isn't 25% a minority?
crystalpc said:
We may support the house of Saud, for convienance. But let me ask you, we found the oil there, they were backward didn't know there was oil until our country came in and found it.
Wasn't it the British who first began finding the oil in the Middle East? And it wasn't that long before we began exploiting the ME oil reserves that the British Navy converted to oil standard. So the West set the bar, then found a source of the needed product. If we really were committed to stopping the use of oil, we would have by now. Or at least reduced it. But it's use is too convenient.
Instead of our buying the wells we gave them to the people, and became customers. Our crime is buying from them making them rich. What store do you go into that shoots their best paying customers?
The oil makes the House of Saud rich, and a small number of sheiks, but the benefits for the rest of the country lags. Osama Bin Laden's father was among those small number who benefitted through his construction company. But OBL opposes the House of Saud and the rest of the elite of Saudi Arabia. So this war on terror is also like a civil war among Saudi Arabia and other Muslim countries.
How many times do you get shot out before you quit coming in? I will; not buy Arab oil, the stations I go to get buy oil exclusively from the us and Venezula. I will not support a country who uses my money to try and kill me or take away my way of life. PERIOD!!
That must take a lot of bother, most people would give up. But you sound committed to it. I admire someone who lives up to their beliefs. Well done.

Upvote 0

draper

Perspicacious Poster
Jul 5, 2003
Toronto, Canada
✟20,634.00
Faith
Agnostic
Politics
CA-Others
Well to answer the OP, I was in 6th grade when it happened...and to be brutally honest I had no idea what the World Trade Centre was :(

I thought it was the 'World Train Centre' or something that people were telling me about...

Anyhow our teacher told us that two planes had hit and that it looked terrorism, then after school one of my older friends specified on details, so I went home & watched the news coverage.

God, I can't even imagine watching the 2nd plane hit, live or on TV.

Upvote 0

crystalpc

Veteran
Jan 11, 2004
Just this side of heaven
Visit site
✟16,754.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Politics
US-Constitution
Injured Soldier said:
Isn't 25% a minority?

Wasn't it the British who first began finding the oil in the Middle East? And it wasn't that long before we began exploiting the ME oil reserves that the British Navy converted to oil standard. So the West set the bar, then found a source of the needed product. If we really were committed to stopping the use of oil, we would have by now. Or at least reduced it. But it's use is too convenient.

The oil makes the House of Saud rich, and a small number of sheiks, but the benefits for the rest of the country lags. Osama Bin Laden's father was among those small number who benefitted through his construction company. But OBL opposes the House of Saud and the rest of the elite of Saudi Arabia. So this war on terror is also like a civil war among Saudi Arabia and other Muslim countries.

That must take a lot of bother, most people would give up. But you sound committed to it. I admire someone who lives up to their beliefs. Well done.
Gulf oil was an American company, as far as I know. As was Standard and Amoco. Family in Texas worked in oil fields in the mid east during the late 40s and 50s for American companies.
That is neither here or there. As I said we did not take the oil, and neither did the british. It was turned back over to the people. If the people wanted to set kings over themselves, that is a fault of their belief system and their religion, who calls for strong caliphs to rule. One of the more so called "democratic" (although that is an oxymoron) states in the ME is Kuwait, which supposedly shares the wealth with the citizens.
It is not that much of a bother to go to the Citgo station rather than Mobil, only a couple of miles to begin with, but then they opened a closer one, so it is only a few more blocks away now. Yes I am committed, to not buying any islamic oil. If Venezula was sending fanatics to try and destroy me, then I would walk, my momma didn't raise any fools.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

serena

Mar 4, 2004
Europe
✟277.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Firstly I am appalled and sorry for some of the remarks from peeps from my country.
Whatever anyone feels about terrorism in this country or else where it is sad that these terrible things can happen anywhere in the world.

I remember it was about 1pm in the afternoon here when I saw the news and no one knew what had happened when the first plane hit, it was thought to be a plane accident.
As I watched in interest through the report the second plane hit and I knew then that this was no accident.
Then the pentagon and the car bomb and all the other terrible things thereafter. I sat there in shock and someone else pointed out on another post that the world just seemed to stop there and then. It was eerie. I had to pick my kids up from school and when I went outside it was strange to see others going on with their daily lives and I was just walking around dazed.
My heart goes out to all those that lost their lives that day and to all other human beings that lose their lives in war and any other atrocities wherever in the world it is or who it happens to.

Upvote 0

BarbB

I stand with my brothers and sisters in Israel!
Aug 6, 2003
NJ summers; FL winters
✟25,548.00
Faith
Messianic
Politics
US-Republican
I was waiting for the movers to arrive and load up my stuff to send to NJ and FL. My husband had died and I didn't want to stay in that house another minute than I had to without him. But, the movers were coming from NYC and couldn't leave the city for a day! My stepdaughter's fiance called us after the first plane and we watched the second one hit! We were glued to the TV for the next week and we couldn't stop crying!

All you from other countries, whether you think we are Babylon or not, please consider your words when posting here on this thread.

Upvote 0

crystalpc

Veteran
Jan 11, 2004
Just this side of heaven
Visit site
✟16,754.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Politics
US-Constitution
newlamb said:
I was waiting for the movers to arrive and load up my stuff to send to NJ and FL. My husband had died and I didn't want to stay in that house another minute than I had to without him. But, the movers were coming from NYC and couldn't leave the city for a day! My stepdaughter's fiance called us after the first plane and we watched the second one hit! We were glued to the TV for the next week and we couldn't stop crying!

All you from other countries, whether you think we are Babylon or not, please consider your words when posting here on this thread.
That had to be a horrible experience. I was going to school at the time, and classes were suspended that week, 2 of our professors lost a daughter who was a stewardess on one of the planes. I remember going to school after two weeks, and hearing the sirens go off. I sped to get home, where my husband was, knowing that we could face anything together.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.