Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
UK-Independence-Party
Lucid dreaming is of the flesh and is not part of the Holy Spirit Christian walk.
Be blessed.
I am sorry Maria, but this is complete nonsense with no biblical or spiritual basis.

Upvote 0

Francis Drake

Returning adventurer.
Apr 14, 2013
✟184,952.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
UK-Independence-Party
When will you start calling "creator" Father? After all, Jesus Christ of Nazareth commanded us to pray to Him in this manner.

"Pray then like this: 'Our Father in heaven, hallowed be your name. Your kingdom come, your will be done, on earth as it is in heaven. Give us this day our daily bread, and forgive us our debts, as we also have forgiven our debtors. And lead us not into temptation, but deliver us from evil.
You are acting as if this prayer is an exclusive prayer, the only words we are allowed to pray!

As I have twice posted here, Jesus also used the word "creator" to describe God. He also used the word "Abba", "Daddy", or "God" for his father.

Upvote 0

Francis Drake

Returning adventurer.
Apr 14, 2013
✟184,952.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
UK-Independence-Party
I am glad you asked. If you do a bit of research you will find that a lucid dream is carnally driven, meaning you know you are dreaming and you want to control it. A dream from our Father is controlled by Him and Him alone. This is why a lucid dream is of not of God.
Carnally driven?

The definition of a lucid dream is one where you are aware you are dreaming. I am often aware when asleep that I am in a dream, and am free to make decisions in that dream, just as I am free to make decisions when I am awake. And BTW, the OP didn't even refer to "lucid dreams".

Here's Solomon making perfectly lucid decisions in a dream. Was he being carnal?
1Kings3v5One night at Gibeon the LORD appeared to Solomon in a dream, and God said, “Ask, and I will give it to you!”

6Solomon replied, “You have shown much loving devotion to Your servant, my father David, because he walked before You in faithfulness, righteousness, and uprightness of heart. And You have maintained this loving devotion by giving him a son to sit on his throne this very day.

7And now, O LORD my God, You have made Your servant king in my father David’s place. But I am only a little child, not knowing how to go out or come in. 8Your servant is here among the people You have chosen, a people too numerous to count or number.

9Therefore give Your servant an understanding heart to judge Your people and to discern between good and evil. For who is able to govern this great people of Yours?”

10Now it pleased the Lord that Solomon had made this request. 11So God said to him, “Since you have asked for this instead of requesting long life or wealth for yourself or death for your enemies—but you have asked for discernment to administer justice— 12behold, I will do what you have asked. I will give you a wise and discerning heart, so that there will never have been anyone like you, nor will there ever be.

13Moreover, I will give you what you did not request—both riches and honor—so that during all your days no man in any kingdom will be your equal. 14So if you walk in My ways and keep My statutes and commandments, just as your father David did, I will prolong your days.”

15Then Solomon awoke, and indeed it had been a dream. So he returned to Jerusalem, stood before the ark of the covenant of the Lord, and offered burnt offerings and peace offerings. Then he held a feast for all his servants.

Upvote 0

Tolworth John

Site Supporter
Mar 10, 2017
Tolworth
✟369,679.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Last night I had an out of body experience, I found myself outside my physical body, in spirit, flying around my house, yes, flying.I had many similar experiences so this was not something new for me, anyway, I decided to seek the Creator.This is not the first time I search for the Creator while I am outside of my physical body, when I did it for the first time, a voice told me these words: The Creator is not here.; but this time, they very same voice said these words: I will show you where the Creator is found.; then I felt this desire to fly towards the space, I could see the Moon and the stars, the view was so beautiful.When I reached a higher distance, suddenly, I stopped, I knew that I just found the Creator, then I heard that voice again, now, prepare to be amazed, this is what the voice said: There where your treasure is, there you will find me.

Do you remember who actually talked about the treasure and where it's found? Check Matthew 6:19-22:

"Lay not up for yourselves treasures upon earth, where moth and rust doth corrupt, and where thieves break through and steal.But lay up for yourselves treasures in heaven, where neither moth nor rust doth corrupt, and where thieves do not break through nor steal.For where your treasure is, there will your heart be also.The light of the body is the eye: if therefore thine eye be single, thy whole body shall be full of light.

Yes, it was Jesus Christ, He spoke with me! I am sharing this with you all because I want you all to know what it was spoken to me! I am not more special than you, I am just like you, a human being.

Jesus is in you. He is the creator so that spirit was deciving you.

Upvote 0

Speckofdust

Aug 5, 2019
Figueira da Foz
✟8,428.00
Country
Portugal
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I am glad you asked. If you do a bit of research you will find that a lucid dream is carnally driven, meaning you know you are dreaming and you want to control it. A dream from our Father is controlled by Him and Him alone. This is why a lucid dream is of not of God.
Having knowledge that you are in a dream doesn't make it inherently carnal. For a dream to be carnal you have to act carnally and do the works of the flesh in the dream. Read Galatians 5:19-21 to see what are the works of the flesh.

Upvote 0

Francis Drake

Returning adventurer.
Apr 14, 2013
✟184,952.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
UK-Independence-Party
Jesus is in you. He is the creator so that spirit was deciving you.
And Jesus was in Paul when he was taken up to Paradise, and in John when he was taken up to heaven in the Book of revelation. So were they being deceived by a spirit?

Reactions: YesMe
Upvote 0

Albion

Facilitator
Dec 8, 2004
✟583,842.00
Country
United States
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Married
Nice evasion of the question.
I replied to it exactly as it was presented to me. Could it be that the writer needs to rethink his choice of words...because I am not about to insist that he meant something other than what he wrote. Imagine what sneering responses I would get back if THAT were the case. ;)

Upvote 0

YesMe

Aug 18, 2016
Earth
✟29,560.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Let me share something more with you, once I found myself really sick, my head was exploding, I was in a state between wakefulness and sleep, this is what I heard: Jesus came and He saved you from a spider and a scorpion.; then I heard again something but I can't remember it all: Jesus came and He saved you from...; there were two other creatures that He saved me from.

Once when I was feeling very depressed, suddenly, I found myself in this deep peace, then I heard these words: He has already responded to anything you would ever ask for.; and I saw the Bible, like all the answers are already written there.

Once while I was sitting in silence in my bed, I saw this old priest praying to the Creator, this is all I heard: Glory to You, O, Lord..

Of course, I had many experiences with demons and witches who were after me, once I found myself in this hellish place, I knew that it's over for me.There were people there, their bodies were thin like a stick and their skin was greish, they were eating each other bodies, this place was governed by demons, they were huge, bigger than a human being.Anyway, I was thrown in that very same place, it was like a cave under Earth, I knew it was over for me... suddenly, I don't know what happened, my whole body was clothed in this pure light, I had an armor on me of light and maybe big wings, I can't be sure because the light was so so powerful.. I think I also had a sword of light, the whole place became illuminated by that light that was coming from me, it was like I was given a new body, one of light, I flew right away from that place.

I share this for all the people who want to hear about my experiences, because many other people before me did the very same thing, they shared their experiences for the whole world to know.

Upvote 0

Maria Billingsley

Site Supporter
Oct 7, 2018
Martinez
✟906,489.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Having knowledge that you are in a dream doesn't make it inherently carnal. For a dream to be carnal you have to act carnally and do the works of the flesh in the dream. Read Galatians 5:19-21 to see what are the works of the flesh.
I am specifically talking about a "lucid" dream defined as,"a dreamer gaining some amount of control over the dream characters, narrative, and environment.

Upvote 0

Francis Drake

Returning adventurer.
Apr 14, 2013
✟184,952.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
UK-Independence-Party
I am specifically talking about a "lucid" dream defined as,"a dreamer gaining some amount of control over the dream characters, narrative, and environment.
So you are objecting to something not actually connected with the OP. Great.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

tturt

Senior Veteran
Site Supporter
Oct 30, 2006
✟797,983.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
God carried on a conversation with Abimelech in a dream Gen 20

3 But God came to Abimelech in a dream by night, and said to him, Behold, thou art but a dead man, for the woman which thou hast taken; for she is a man's wife.

4 But Abimelech had not come near her: and he said, Lord, wilt thou slay also a righteous nation?

5 Said he not unto me, She is my sister? and she, even she herself said, He is my brother: in the integrity of my heart and innocency of my hands have I done this.

6 And God said unto him in a dream, Yea, I know that thou didst this in the integrity of thy heart; for I also withheld thee from sinning against me: therefore suffered I thee not to touch her.

7 Now therefore restore the man his wife; for he is a prophet, and he shall pray for thee, and thou shalt live: and if thou restore her not, know thou that thou shalt surely die, thou, and all that are thine.

Yesme do you keep a journal to add revelation as it's revealed to you? Just wondering because everything God does has a purpose. Some find it helpful to keep one.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

YesMe

Aug 18, 2016
Earth
✟29,560.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
God carried on a conversation with Abimelech in a dream Gen 20

3 But God came to Abimelech in a dream by night, and said to him, Behold, thou art but a dead man, for the woman which thou hast taken; for she is a man's wife.

4 But Abimelech had not come near her: and he said, Lord, wilt thou slay also a righteous nation?

5 Said he not unto me, She is my sister? and she, even she herself said, He is my brother: in the integrity of my heart and innocency of my hands have I done this.

6 And God said unto him in a dream, Yea, I know that thou didst this in the integrity of thy heart; for I also withheld thee from sinning against me: therefore suffered I thee not to touch her.

7 Now therefore restore the man his wife; for he is a prophet, and he shall pray for thee, and thou shalt live: and if thou restore her not, know thou that thou shalt surely die, thou, and all that are thine.

Yesme do you keep a journal to add revelation as it's revealed to you? Just wondering because everything God does has a purpose. Some find it helpful to keep one.

Yes, I saved all His messages and all the things that I've seen.It's sad that people make fun of me and look at me in this disbelief that does not make sense, I am just a normal person, in fact, in my daily life, I work as a programmer, I am not mentally ill or something like that.I had my first out of body experience when I was just a child, at that time, it was the beginning of my walk with Christ, even today I still remember how I found myself floating above my physical body, I could see my room perfectly and hear my family talking from the other rooms.I was almost close to pass through the ceiling when I woke up.

• Friendly
Reactions: tturt
Upvote 0

SkyWriting

The Librarian
Site Supporter
Jan 10, 2010
Milwaukee
✟410,948.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Out of body experiences can be induced by high g forces in jet or in a centrifuge. This demonstrates that certain parts of the brain are responsible for "anchoring" a person to their body and they will perceive that they are not in their body if this is not functioning well.

This is why jets crash on occasion because pilots loose their orientation now and then. Some have survived and describe being outside the cockpit and disoriented.

How G-Forces Impact the Human Body | J&K Connectors

Last edited:
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

SkyWriting

The Librarian
Site Supporter
Jan 10, 2010
Milwaukee
✟410,948.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Upvote 0

SkyWriting

The Librarian
Site Supporter
Jan 10, 2010
Milwaukee
✟410,948.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Once when I was feeling very depressed, suddenly, I found myself in this deep peace, then I heard these words: He has already responded to anything you would ever ask for.; and I saw the Bible, like all the answers are already written there.

Not the Bible. God has actually materially answered all your prayers.
He includes the answers to your prayers into your future.

He does this before you are born.

Jeremiah 1
5 “Before I formed you in the womb I knew you, and before you were born I consecrated you; I appointed you a prophet to the nations.”

Matthew 6
8 Do not be like them, for your Father knows what you need before you ask him.

Upvote 0

SkyWriting

The Librarian
Site Supporter
Jan 10, 2010
Milwaukee
✟410,948.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
And Jesus was in Paul when he was taken up to Paradise, and in John when he was taken up to heaven in the Book of revelation. So were they being deceived by a spirit?
Paul also spun that yarn about Jesus blinding him. Which Jesus does not do. It never happened.

Upvote 0