Virginia
✟152,185.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Has anyone mentioned Mr Trump's success at removing ineffectual politicians like Mark Meadows, Devin Nunes and John Ratcliffe from congress? I believe that is an accomplishment which behooves all Americans! And this list wouldn't be complete if we exclude these achievements.

Chuckles

• Haha
Reactions: iluvatar5150
Upvote 0

inquiring mind

and a discerning heart
Site Supporter
Dec 31, 2016
U.S.
✟675,164.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
"Look, having nuclear — my uncle was a great professor and scientist and engineer, Dr. John Trump at MIT; good genes, very good genes, OK, very smart, the Wharton School of Finance, very good, very smart — you know, if you’re a conservative Republican, if I were a liberal, if, like, OK, if I ran as a liberal Democrat, they would say I'm one of the smartest people anywhere in the world — it’s true! — but when you're a conservative Republican they try — oh, do they do a number — that’s why I always start off: Went to Wharton, was a good student, went there, went there, did this, built a fortune — you know I have to give my like credentials all the time, because we’re a little disadvantaged — but you look at the nuclear deal, the thing that really bothers me — it would have been so easy, and it’s not as important as these lives are — nuclear is so powerful; my uncle explained that to me many, many years ago, the power and that was 35 years ago; he would explain the power of what's going to happen and he was right, who would have thought? — but when you look at what's going on with the four prisoners — now it used to be three, now it’s four — but when it was three and even now, I would have said it's all in the messenger; fellas, and it is fellas because, you know, they don't, they haven’t figured that the women are smarter right now than the men, so, you know, it’s gonna take them about another 150 years — but the Persians are great negotiators, the Iranians are great negotiators, so, and they, they just killed, they just killed us, this is horrible."

Mr. Trump, Jul 19, 2016.
Being articulate is primarily the ability to express an idea or feeling coherently and Trump, unlike Biden, has no problem there. Even his detractors get the message.

Reactions: Danthemailman
Upvote 0

inquiring mind

and a discerning heart
Site Supporter
Dec 31, 2016
U.S.
✟675,164.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
There must be another law that says that the further right your political views are, the less able you are to appreciate satire. And maybe another that says that one's sense of humour decreases as you move further to the right. I'm struggling to name any right wing standups that are genuinely funny. Simon Evans from the UK comes to mind.
Bill Maher's recent comments seem to indicate that the left's divisive and destructive views are moving him to the right. He was the left's go-to comedian until he was not, then they turned on him like they do anyone else who doesn't agree with them.

Reactions: Truth7t7
Upvote 0

Pommer

CoPacEtiC SkEpTic
Sep 13, 2008
Earth
✟143,833.00
Country
United States
Faith
Deist
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Democrat
That explains your Trump disconnect anyway, whereas his millions of supporters like what he says and understands him completely. I would have expected the rest of the English-speaking world to agree and give such an honor to Biden with all his gaffes (word-salad Harris second). Your elevation of Biden in that regard is totally confusing to me. Sorry, but I don't get your 'Daylight' comment either.
I am very glad that Trump supporters can feel as though they can trust him totally in what he says.
But for me, (and a good many out here, we cannot and will (likely) never trust this man.
Obviously one side is incorrect.

Upvote 0

Pommer

CoPacEtiC SkEpTic
Sep 13, 2008
Earth
✟143,833.00
Country
United States
Faith
Deist
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Democrat
Bill Maher's recent comments seem to indicate that the left's divisive and destructive views are moving him to the right. He was the left's go-to comedian until he was not, then they turned on him like they do anyone else who doesn't agree with them.
Bill is aging out of his job.

Upvote 0

iluvatar5150

Aug 3, 2012
Baltimore
✟559,089.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
For those who don't have blinders on, having Trump back would be such a welcome from the insanity of liberal policies, which have resulted in a wrecked economy…

What wrecked economy? The one where inflation is back down to a normal level, unemployment is near historic lows, and real wages are up (and climbing)?

Everything crashed after Obama took office. Everything started crashing again when Biden's policies were implemented. Coincidence, someone else’s fault… I don’t think so. And, correcting or improving problems you caused in the first place doesn’t count as overall improvement.

It’s not “coincidence or someone else’s fault.” All it takes to disprove your cockamamie claims is taking off your own blinders long enough to look at some charts and a calendar. You don’t need expensive words to do that.

Upvote 0

inquiring mind

and a discerning heart
Site Supporter
Dec 31, 2016
U.S.
✟675,164.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
I am very glad that Trump supporters can feel as though they can trust him totally in what he says.
But for me, (and a good many out here, we cannot and will (likely) never trust this man.
Obviously one side is incorrect.
I've said that all along... and the results 'a good many' gave us confirms it.

Upvote 0

inquiring mind

and a discerning heart
Site Supporter
Dec 31, 2016
U.S.
✟675,164.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Bill is aging out of his job.
Bill seems a lot smarter lately, could be age. Maybe that saying 'if you're under 30 and a republican you have no heart, or over 30 and a democrat you have no brain' is true after all.

Upvote 0

inquiring mind

and a discerning heart
Site Supporter
Dec 31, 2016
U.S.
✟675,164.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
What wrecked economy? The one where inflation is back down to a normal level, unemployment is near historic lows, and real wages are up (and climbing)?

It’s not “coincidence or someone else’s fault.” All it takes to disprove your cockamamie claims is taking off your own blinders long enough to look at some charts and a calendar. You don’t need expensive words to do that.
Paper will lay there and let you write anything on it you like. Disapproval polls are probably more accurate.

Upvote 0

Pommer

CoPacEtiC SkEpTic
Sep 13, 2008
Earth
✟143,833.00
Country
United States
Faith
Deist
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Democrat
Bill seems a lot smarter lately, could be age. Maybe that saying 'if you're under 30 and a republican you have no heart, or over 30 and a democrat you have no brain' is true after all.
This is a parapahse of Churchhill, but yes, okay.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Truth7t7

Dec 20, 2012
✟92,634.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married

Your unemployment graph created by Bidens labor department, shows nothing more than the number of people returning to work after covid19

Upvote 0

Truth7t7

Dec 20, 2012
✟92,634.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married

Newsweek

Biden's Inflation Roller Coaster Isn't Stopping Yet | Opinion​

Story by E. J. Antoni • 1d Aug 19, 2023

Inflation accelerated last month, just ahead of the one-year anniversary of the deceptively named Inflation Reduction Act (IRA). When President Joe Biden signed that piece of legislation, he promised it would bring down costs. Instead, the IRA has increased costs through burdensome taxation and regulation while doing nothing to address the true causes of inflation.​

Bloomberg

A Year Into Biden’s Climate Agenda, the Price Tag Remains Mysterious​

The uncapped incentives of the Inflation Reduction Act mean spending sparked by the historic US climate law could triple initial estimates and push past $1 trillion.
Aug 16, 2023

FoxNews

Hispanic voters say they're 'running away' from Biden: 'Big cup of Joe overflowing with inflation'​

Elizabeth Heckman • 2d Aug 18, 2023

Anew Fox News poll shows President Biden is struggling to maintain support among Hispanic voters, as a panel of voters told "Fox & Friends" on Friday that inflation is driving them away from the party.

According to the poll, only 46% of Hispanic voters currently choose Biden for president in 2024 compared to 63% of the same group in 2020. In comparison, 37% of Hispanic voters support Donald Trump for 2024 compared to 35% in 2020.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Truth7t7

Dec 20, 2012
✟92,634.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Exactly, if the left can't use a person to forward their agenda, old friends instantly become enemies, Bill Maher is just one example of many

Upvote 0

comana

Senior Veteran
Site Supporter
Jan 19, 2005
Colorado
✟909,924.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Exactly, if the left can't use a person to forward their agenda, old friends instantly become enemies, Bill Maher is just one example of many
Not unlike the right turning on their own, specifically those who rebuke Trump.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

iluvatar5150

Aug 3, 2012
Baltimore
✟559,089.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
Paper will lay there and let you write anything on it you like. Disapproval polls are probably more accurate.

Are you suggesting that the government stats I provided are bogus?

Upvote 0

inquiring mind

and a discerning heart
Site Supporter
Dec 31, 2016
U.S.
✟675,164.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Has anyone mentioned Mr Trump's success at removing ineffectual politicians like Mark Meadows, Devin Nunes and John Ratcliffe from congress? I believe that is an accomplishment which behooves all Americans! And this list wouldn't be complete if we exclude these achievements.

Chuckles
I'm not gonna invest any more time in my answer than you did in your insinuation, sarcasm, whatever. For one, accusations of voter fraud was dropped, no proof (surprise! surprise!); California's redistricting of mostly republican voters to mostly democrat voters got another one (surprise! surprise!); A position qualification process ended the other (wouldn't it be nice if Dems had to qualify for positions?).

Reactions: Truth7t7
Upvote 0

iluvatar5150

Aug 3, 2012
Baltimore
✟559,089.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
Your unemployment graph created by Bidens labor department, shows nothing more than the number of people returning to work after covid19

The allegation I was addressing was that the economy was “wrecked.” If everybody has gone back to work after covid, how is it wrecked?

• Optimistic
Reactions: KCfromNC
Upvote 0

inquiring mind

and a discerning heart
Site Supporter
Dec 31, 2016
U.S.
✟675,164.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Are you suggesting that the government stats I provided are bogus?
No, I'm saying numbers can be crunched in many different ways... you are the one bringing up bogus. I suggested disapproval polls are probably more accurate as to our situation.

Upvote 0

iluvatar5150

Aug 3, 2012
Baltimore
✟559,089.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat

Newsweek

Biden's Inflation Roller Coaster Isn't Stopping Yet | Opinion​

Story by E. J. Antoni • 1d Aug 19, 2023

It “accelerated” from 3.0% to 3.2%. Hardly worth the hand-wringing from your author.

Bloomberg

A Year Into Biden’s Climate Agenda, the Price Tag Remains Mysterious​

The uncapped incentives of the Inflation Reduction Act mean spending sparked by the historic US climate law could triple initial estimates and push past $1 trillion.
Aug 16, 2023

FoxNews

Hispanic voters say they're 'running away' from Biden: 'Big cup of Joe overflowing with inflation'​

Elizabeth Heckman • 2d Aug 18, 2023

Anew Fox News poll shows President Biden is struggling to maintain support among Hispanic voters, as a panel of voters told "Fox & Friends" on Friday that inflation is driving them away from the party.

According to the poll, only 46% of Hispanic voters currently choose Biden for president in 2024 compared to 63% of the same group in 2020. In comparison, 37% of Hispanic voters support Donald Trump for 2024 compared to 35% in 2020.

Neither of these have anything to do with what I wrote. Could you stay on topic?

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.