Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
The complete list of Trump's accomplishments in the opinion, proves your claims false

The Biden admin has destroyed America, unbelievable what he's done, putting America last

Trump 2024, Make America Great Again!
The list is irrelevant because he left the emotional state of this country in tatters. Families divided, friendships lost, and overall anger from the people. That is not great!

Upvote 0

inquiring mind

and a discerning heart
Site Supporter
Dec 31, 2016
U.S.
✟675,164.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Trump inherited a stable and growing economy that, as established, was already trending to do well before Trump took office. Because an sound economy is based on a stable configuration of supply/demand, whatever positive effect the Trump tax cuts would have when implemented in an already expanding economy, would eventually only serve to increase the budget deficit on the whole. So, the list of accomplishments doesn't actually prove anything.
I'm gonna have to go throw up... I'll be back in a little bit and answer this.

Upvote 0

inquiring mind

and a discerning heart
Site Supporter
Dec 31, 2016
U.S.
✟675,164.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
The list is irrelevant because he left the emotional state of this country in tatters. Families divided, friendships lost, and overall anger from the people. That is not great!
What? You're living in a dump burn created by liberal policies and you're talking about lost friendships.

Upvote 0

inquiring mind

and a discerning heart
Site Supporter
Dec 31, 2016
U.S.
✟675,164.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Trump inherited a stable and growing economy that, as established, was already trending to do well before Trump took office. Because an sound economy is based on a stable configuration of supply/demand, whatever positive effect the Trump tax cuts would have when implemented in an already expanding economy, would eventually only serve to increase the budget deficit on the whole. So, the list of accomplishments doesn't actually prove anything.
Everything crashed after Obama took office. Everything started crashing again when Biden's policies were implemented. Coincidence, someone else’s fault… I don’t think so. And, correcting or improving problems you caused in the first place doesn’t count as overall improvement.

Upvote 0

PsaltiChrysostom

Mar 20, 2018
Virginia
✟70,866.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
Everything crashed after Obama took office. Everything started crashing again when Biden's policies were implemented. Coincidence, someone else’s fault… I don’t think so. And, correcting or improving problems you caused in the first place doesn’t count as overall improvement.
So you are blaming Obama for the Great Recession which began in Q4 of 2007 before he even he was elected POTUS???

Wall Street Journal (Dec 1 2008): The Business Cycle Dating Committee of the National Bureau of Economic Research met by conference call on Friday, November 28. The committee maintains a chronology of the beginning and ending dates (months and quarters) of U.S. recessions. The committee determined that a peak in economic activity occurred in the U.S. economy in December 2007. The peak marks the end of the expansion that began in November 2001 and the beginning of a recession.

Upvote 0

comana

Senior Veteran
Site Supporter
Jan 19, 2005
Colorado
✟926,418.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
The crash started under Bush, under Obama it stabilized and reversed. Trump walked into a growing economy and left it in shambles. We are seeing recovery again under Biden. Perhaps it’s just coincidence that over the last 20 years the economy dives with Republican leadership and recovers with Democratic?

Reactions: JustOneWay
Upvote 0

comana

Senior Veteran
Site Supporter
Jan 19, 2005
Colorado
✟926,418.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
What? You're living in a dump burn created by liberal policies and you're talking about lost friendships.
You don’t think the division and hatred amongst the people that developed during the Trump years is of significance?

Upvote 0

inquiring mind

and a discerning heart
Site Supporter
Dec 31, 2016
U.S.
✟675,164.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
So you are blaming Obama for the Great Recession which began in Q4 of 2007 before he even he was elected POTUS???

Wall Street Journal (Dec 1 2008): The Business Cycle Dating Committee of the National Bureau of Economic Research met by conference call on Friday, November 28. The committee maintains a chronology of the beginning and ending dates (months and quarters) of U.S. recessions. The committee determined that a peak in economic activity occurred in the U.S. economy in December 2007. The peak marks the end of the expansion that began in November 2001 and the beginning of a recession.
Bad luck???

Upvote 0

inquiring mind

and a discerning heart
Site Supporter
Dec 31, 2016
U.S.
✟675,164.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
You don’t think the division and hatred amongst the people that developed during the Trump years is of significance?
The division and hatred developed from liberals being so upset.

Upvote 0

inquiring mind

and a discerning heart
Site Supporter
Dec 31, 2016
U.S.
✟675,164.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
The crash started under Bush, under Obama it stabilized and reversed. Trump walked into a growing economy and left it in shambles. We are seeing recovery again under Biden. Perhaps it’s just coincidence that over the last 20 years the economy dives with Republican leadership and recovers with Democratic?
Fairy tale

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

PsaltiChrysostom

Mar 20, 2018
Virginia
✟70,866.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
TBH, I'm not sure if we can really lay the blame on Bush for the housing bubble. Presidents are really too far removed from economic affairs to be a direct influence on them. The housing bubble really has its origins back in the 1980s

Starting in the 1980s, considerable deregulation took place in banking. Reading through the causes of the mortgage crisis on Wikipedia, Banks were deregulated through:
You had both Republicans and Democrats working to make sub-prime mortgages available to those who couldn't afford them in all reality. NINJA loans ("no income, no job and no assets) were widely available. Heck when I started hearing about that in the early 2000s, I knew from the Great Depression, this was a bad idea, just like buying stocks on margin was a source of the 1928 crash.

Upvote 0

Pommer

CoPacEtiC SkEpTic
Sep 13, 2008
Earth
✟155,404.00
Country
United States
Faith
Deist
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Democrat
For those who don't have blinders on, having Trump back would be such a welcome from the insanity of liberal policies, which have resulted in a wrecked economy; turned our big cities into uncontrollably violent zombie lands; and the entire country becoming the 'open border' cesspool for the world's poor, mentally ill and sick, and criminals who contributed nothing to the betterment of their own countries. There's more but if voters can't see what we've become then they're so duped by the deep state and liberal media that it would be a waste of time to list them. In fact, this is a waste of time because of so many who are in denial and will not let themselves see the obvious. The liberal media and Biden administration know all to well the old saying (paraphrased), "it's easier to fool the people than it is for them to be convinced that they've been fooled." It's evident in comments here with people still defending the madness, and our country with one foot on a banana peel.

If I take this at face-value, I will say that you have every right to believe these things are true.
If I were to take this a deep-satire, somehow it’s even better.
Have great evening!

Upvote 0
Aug 29, 2005
✟185,448.00
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Private
Fairy tale

Bush Signs $700 Billion Financial Bailout Bill​

October 3, 2008

"President Bush signed a $700 billion financial bailout package Friday, shortly after the U.S. House passed the rescue measure, in a vote of 263-171. The action paved the way for the government to start buying up troubled assets from financial institutions caught on the wrong side of record home foreclosures."

• Informative
Reactions: KCfromNC
Upvote 0

inquiring mind

and a discerning heart
Site Supporter
Dec 31, 2016
U.S.
✟675,164.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married

Bush Signs $700 Billion Financial Bailout Bill​

October 3, 2008

"President Bush signed a $700 billion financial bailout package Friday, shortly after the U.S. House passed the rescue measure, in a vote of 263-171. The action paved the way for the government to start buying up troubled assets from financial institutions caught on the wrong side of record home foreclosures."
Well, I'm not going to defend Bush.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

comana

Senior Veteran
Site Supporter
Jan 19, 2005
Colorado
✟926,418.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
But you hang on every Biden word.
No. He’s doing a decent job and he says some dumb things from time to time. What he doesn’t do is spew hateful rhetoric.

• Winner
Reactions: DaisyDay
Upvote 0

childeye 2

Aug 18, 2018
Denver CO
✟208,550.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
You’re using a lot of dime words, but I hope you’re referring to the Biden Administration as the one being autocratic. Trump doesn’t try to convince the public to vote against their best interests.
Believe it or not, everyone including Trump usually votes against their own best interests when they serve Mammon. I simply quoted the base dichotomy for the purpose of establishing a sound reasoning concerning politics/policy. Anyone who understands this dichotomy knows that neither absolute to the left or right can ever be fully realized, which is why finding the best balance is the whole point, and this is also why we're a Democratic Republic established according to a constitution protecting personal rights. While I have been of voting age, Republicans have generally been pro-autocratic, that doesn't mean Democrats don't have any autocratic minded policies or that Republicans don't have any democratic minded policies.

But I can look at the voting records to see who votes for dangerous autocratic policies or dangerous democratic policies. For example, "Citizens united"; that legislation was labeled as serving the interests of all citizens and was even deemed as an issue of free speech. But in effect it has significantly increased the costs and spending for campaigns, which in turn forced a reliance upon big money donors to finance a campaign. In essence it made it more likely that government policy will be controlled by the wealthy few, hence it is an autocratic policy.

Yes, Trump is quite the crowd-pleaser with his exaggeration and sarcasm, but it is coupled with excellent articulation. In short, he connects. I disagree that it is pro-autocratic in nature; I think it goes right to the heart of democratic ideals, and to what a lot of red-state Americans want our country to be.
The reason why people don't like Trump is not because he's raw when speaking his mind, but because his articulation is always insinuative when applying us/them, we/they. His sentiments sound like the product of someone who is himself a victim of subversive messaging.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

inquiring mind

and a discerning heart
Site Supporter
Dec 31, 2016
U.S.
✟675,164.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
So Obama is to blame even though the 2008 election had not been held yet????
When it happens happens on your watch you own it, even if it's bad luck. Maybe he should have been all over the situation instead of preparing for his world apologetic tour.

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.