• The General Mental Health Forum is now a Read Only Forum. As we had two large areas making it difficult for many to find, we decided to combine the Mental Health & the Recovery sections of the forum into Mental Health & Recovery as a whole. Physical Health still remains as it's own area within the entire Recovery area.

If you are having struggles, need support in a particular area that you aren't finding a specific recovery area forum, you may find the General Struggles forum a great place to post. Any any that is related to emotions, self-esteem, insomnia, anger, relationship dynamics due to mental health and recovery and other issues that don't fit better in another forum would be examples of topics that might go there.

If you have spiritual issues related to a mental health and recovery issue, please use the Recovery Related Spiritual Advice forum. This forum is designed to be like Christian Advice, only for recovery type of issues. Recovery being like a family in many ways, allows us to support one another together. May you be blessed today and each day.

Kristen.NewCreation and FreeinChrist

The Coffee Shop (4)

Status
Not open for further replies.

beckybooiloveu

Senior Veteran
Jan 12, 2006
Sunshine Coast
✟10,224.00
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Single
Welcome back, Ari :hug: How are you doing?? I've been wondering where you disappeared to, and Arnold has missed your hugs. :(

:hug: Lisa. Thinking of and praying for you too, beautiful. How're things shaping up for you?

:hug: BigToe. Yes. And the miniskirts nauseate me as well, since they're about the same. I can't imagine wearing either that type of shorts or any type of miniskirt. Ugh.

*snuggles Bec* Take care of yourself, sweetie. You're doing so much work now that you're going to wear yourself out pretty fast. And responding to your comment in the other thread... (I think)... you can't just turn an ED off like that. You have one, and you're having problems with it, and you need our support just as much as anyone else. :hug:

Good morning, btw. :)

I used another sleeping pill last night, but it didn't work until ... well, I don't know if it worked, but I fell asleep about an hour after I had it, which was slow compared to the night before. I really need to be getting to bed earlier if I'm ever going to get caught up on sleep... and I'm scared about getting addicted to the pills, because they are addictive.

I think I will just curl up in this corner with a hot chai and try and pretend that today is over. That seems to be a good game lately. :-(

* Arnold and Molly wander out to the deck in the early morning gloominess to nibble on the fast-growing bamboo, which is still growing and growing and growing...........
I dont want to have an ED anymore... and i really dont even think i have one anymore... and yes i am wearing myself out... i know that... i had a mini breakdown to my dad on the phone last night... about how busy i am... but there is nothing i can do about it...

and hang in there hun! im praying for you
BOO, Did I scare anyone? I just dropped in to give * squishey fuzzy hugs* to all of you.
hehehe... you scared me... lol... well you made me laugh

Upvote 0

MyaShane

CUBs fan til I die!
Feb 21, 2007
Illinois - home of the CUBs!
✟18,805.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Good morning all.

Thank you for the coffee Ari!

Hi Lisa - how are you?

If you think shorts are short for us, try buying for 2 little girls!! My babies are only 5 and 2!! Why do they make the stuff so hoochie??? Who wants their little girls to look like that? :scratch:

Hang in there Bec!

Ok, back to work (for now!).

Upvote 0

BigToe

You are my itchy sweater.
Jun 24, 2003
Sudzo's Purple Palace of Snuggles
Visit site
✟35,932.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Others
April - I used to be worried about being addicted to sleep aids too. Then I thought about it. If being addicted to sleeping pills means I regularly get a full night's sleep and good sleep, I think I'll take the addiction. I don't think sleeping pill addiction means you crave taking them all the time like some addictions. I think it just means you're dependent upon them to sleep and there are worse things in the world. While addiction is NEVER the ideal, sometimes you gotta weigh what is more important and sleeping seems to be the key to so much of our other health that it might be ok.

Plus, doctors don't prescribe enough to get you addicted :p

Now I am off to take Beep Beep to his new vet for his very first check up (where I think I'll be told he's a girl bunny).

Upvote 0

Celtic Camel

Nov 28, 2004
wandering a journey in eternity
Visit site
✟16,553.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
hey all...
I'm going away for a few days again... but I'll be back on Sunday cause I have to return to work on Monday...:sigh:

but until I get back, take care of yourselves & each other.
:hug: :hug: :hug:
love & prayers

*special snuggles for Arnold, Molly, Oliver & BeepBeep*

Upvote 0

Soulwings

A true original.
Apr 7, 2003
Northeastern USA.
✟25,389.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Bec, can you please try and see if you can drop out of any of the stuff you're involved in? Because - especially with first year at uni - you don't want to let yourself get bogged down. Your health will deteriorate, even if you don't believe that you've got an ED anymore. Your body can't take constant stress and so much exercise; you'll get burnout by the middle of the semester and won't do as well then unless you push yourself to the brink of insanity. Been there done that too. Jarrod ultimately had (has) to remind me that recovery is more important than school, and if I get too stressed out I will end up regressing, which has all sorts of nasty effects. So... :hug:

:hug: Lisa. Take care of yourself, gorgeous. We'll miss you!
* Arnold snuggles with Lisa before she leaves, and sticks a bamboo cupcake in her pocket as a parting-for-the-time-being gift.

Haha, BigToe... I'm glad that Beep Beep is a boy bunny, like you thought... sexing them is hard; I've had four rabbits and have helped sex others as well, and it's challenging, especially when the bunny won't hold still. :swoon: I hope that Beep Beep doesn't end up making messes... boy bunnies do that, unless they are amazingly tidy. Any male animal tends to do that... ick. That's why I asked for a female hamster. Hehe.

Clothing nowadays is horrible. I think we all should wear burlap sacks instead... although I can see that getting short and tight as well. :p So maybe not.

I just ate lunch. Oops. I got distracted by the library booksale *sheepish* but lunch was yummy, Kashi with yoghurt.

And now, on to homework, I believe, until it's time to go teach at 4:30. What a day! :swoon:

/me snuggles up on the window seat with Waiting for Godot and a pen and paper... and, of course, a glass of iced coffee to help her stay awake and focused!

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

oneandlonely

Some days its hard to be a One Girl Revolution
Apr 11, 2005
Indiana
Visit site
✟17,310.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Oooh feeling pretty is always good! And you look stunning! As does Allie. I'm so glad that you went and had a fab time, sis. :) You deserved a lovely night out like that. What'd you do for after prom, and what time did you get back home?

Tank and shorts sounds nice... :) I don't wear shorts anymore, my legs are too fat and I can never find shorts that fit right, anyway. They make them so short now. Haha. So I'm not very comfortable in that... which is why I stick to pants. I even managed that in Oklahoma last June... talk about hot!! It was in the 80s and 90s and humid... and pants were still doable. That was pretty impressive. :p

We went to the school's Post-Prom party. It was really just a more casual dance/party. it was fun :). We got back to allie's around 2:30am. Then we got up the next morning and went to church. Dani and I went in our prom dresses. hehe.

wow... I couldn't wear pants in the heat. I over heat super easy (I don't sweat much). The last time I tried to wear pants in the heat i blacked out. lol that is really impressive :p.

How is everyone today?

Upvote 0

Soulwings

A true original.
Apr 7, 2003
Northeastern USA.
✟25,389.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I don't think any rabbit likes being flipped over and squished around. How old is he?

And Bethany, that does sound fun! How did people like your prom dresses at church?

I've just got home from a massive workout at karate. Punching and kicking drills for most of it, then a review of the ten techniques I need to know. I'm being tested for yellowbelt next week, I think. It's supposed to be an hour long :eek: and I'm quite nervous. But I will be (hopefully) getting an actual yellow belt and a gi (white karate clothing, a jacket-y sort of thing and pants).

There was a pillbug on the floor and it wouldn't curl up. That was disappointing. :p Pillbugs (rolypolys were what we called them) are so much fun, usually. I guess this one was either too fat or mentally retarded and didn't know what it was supposed to do.

Sorry, I'm tired. I get like this then.... :sorry:

How are you, BigToe? And how is everyone else??

Upvote 0

BigToe

Jun 24, 2003
Visit site
✟35,932.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Others
Beep Beep is about two months old now. Things haven't dropped yet or anything. He goes back to the vet in a month to have his ears and teeth rechecked out to make sure they're getting better. When he's there we'll figure out if he's ready to be neutered or not.

I'm doing well I suppose. I'm extremely exhausted though.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

BigToe

Jun 24, 2003
Visit site
✟35,932.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Others
awww, you guys all send mail to each other? that's so sweet. it makes me all warm and snuggly inside knowing you are all looking out for each other so much. yay!

and *snuggles* I hope your night starts getting better.

Upvote 0

Daysoni

****See me, Hear me, Hold me.****
Jan 7, 2006
Tillamook
✟12,061.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I'm not doing to great tonight. I'm stressed. and scared to go to bed. meh.

April, I got your package today *huggles* I love it. and the card made me smile

How is everyone else
oneandlonely I don't know what's going on but I am praying for you tonight.....

Upvote 0

Arianna

Senior Veteran
Nov 7, 2005
England
✟11,311.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
clownfishie.gif
Goodmorning
yawnflower.gif

/me prepares more coffee than the coffee shop has ever seen before!!
I seriously need the caffeine to wake me up this morning! :sleep: zzzz
My head hurts:o

Bec :hug: when can you get some sleep?

Big Toe :) It is great to her about beep beep :clap:
How are you both today?

:hug: everyone else - how are you today?

I should hurry up and go out! argh!

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.