The Church is The People.

GospelS

A Daughter of Zion Seeking Her Father in Heaven!
Site Supporter
Aug 1, 2017
She is The Land!
✟499,634.00
Country
India
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
The main characters in the Old Testament needed to be everything, including being very rich to fulfill the birth of Jesus.

But once Jesus was born, the narrative changed.

God no longer promised material wealth while still alive in our Earthly bodies. Only Satan gave that promise in the New Testament.

What seemed like promises of material abundance by Jesus is taken out of context by the false "Prosperity Gospel" because Jesus made it clear in John Chapter 6, only the Spirit has value. The flesh (the material) is worthless.

It doesn't make sense that Jesus will give you an abundant life by giving you worthless things. People stuck in the prosperity gospel won't understand what I'm saying. They will think I'm an immature child - the very thing the Lord wants us to become.
The patterns in the Old Testament are meant to show us the future. They are examples for us to follow, guiding us when the pattern repeats and bringing about their resurrection. Joseph stored food to preserve lives during the famine, not just materials.

There are some people on earth in their heavenly bodies (Matthew 16:28). After His resurrection, Jesus had flesh; He wasn't a ghost. God promised all blessings to those who overcome. He gives wisdom, knowledge, and joy to anyone who pleases him.

I understand the challenges your family has faced due to wealth. It has been a source of deception and brokenness for my family as well. I agree with your perspective on the earthly desires for money. Your insights align with biblical teachings.

So I'm not trying to change that or say anything against what you said. God said to be innocent as a child, not a immature child. Your calling is different than mine. I respect your thoughts and hope to minister to you with my spiritual gifts and talents.

It is true that wealth is not for those still living in the earthly flesh. They are stuck in the past and are focused on material things. They should avoid being obsessed with wealth. Any kind of prosperity is a danger for those who have not yet overcome.

My advice to you is to stop being jealous of the wealthy and accusing them of not helping the world. This only shows that you are bitter and have lost your way. You are finding it hard to be happy for others and love them with all your heart for Christ's sake.

It's very harmful to your life. You don't believe that they overcame in the Lord. Everything happens for a reason. The New Testament discusses reaping the harvest and enjoying the grand feasts of the Lord, which symbolize wealth and glory.

It suggests that there will be more wealth in the New Testament compared to the Old Testament because of the Marriage of the Lamb. The riches that come when we align our lives with God's will are different, as it is the blood of the Lamb of God.

True enjoyment is found in this spiritual wealth. If a sinner is storing wealth, they will have to give it to those who please God. I'm speaking from a place of love. If you can see that, you wouldn't argue with me but receive my words as God's message to bless you.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

GospelS

Site Supporter
Aug 1, 2017
She is The Land!
✟499,634.00
Country
India
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
The main characters in the Old Testament needed to be everything, including being very rich to fulfill the birth of Jesus.

Yet you did not apply the same logic when you spoke about Solomon falling for wealth and compared today's believers to him.

It's true Jesus changed everything and believers born in him have the powers that Solomon didn't have.

Well, this time we will be preparing for a great "end of the world and Exodus" than Joseph and Moses, and fulfilment of the wedding supper and the millennial reign which means more blessings in every way.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

GospelS

Site Supporter
Aug 1, 2017
She is The Land!
✟499,634.00
Country
India
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
They will think I'm an immature child - the very thing the Lord wants us to become.
No. That's not what the Lord wants us to become. He said be innocent as a child, not a immature child.

Upvote 0

GospelS

Site Supporter
Aug 1, 2017
She is The Land!
✟499,634.00
Country
India
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I don't think being rich or poor would hinder the fulfilment of the birth of Jesus or any other prophesies.

If that is true, then how much more the main characters of the end times believers needed to be everything to fulfil the coming of Jesus.

I believe there are wisemen who are anointed and responsible to handle the wealth in the kingdom of God.

But if anyone is still struggling in flesh of this world, they must avoid riches or wealth.

I agree that we need to be more careful with money and materials as evil things can come out of it leading to destruction.

And the rich ones who are strong in faith should be mindful not to lay stumbling blocks for those brothers who are new and weak.

Last edited:
Reactions: venksta
Upvote 0

GospelS

Site Supporter
Aug 1, 2017
She is The Land!
✟499,634.00
Country
India
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I see Jesus Himself in the characters of Old Testament.

They were sold, defiled, beaten, mocked, bloodied, and bruised to save their people in their time.

God used them to recuse them from their present troubles, not only for the future event of Jesus's birth.

They worked hard to receive from God. They earned it by wisdom and through trials. Not by some quick and sinful means.

It was righteous and just to be rewarded in whatever way God elevated them.

We cannot simply think that they needed to be everything to fulfill the birth of Jesus, so they were made rich for that.

That would make God to be selfish and unreasonable to bless only some of them like that just for His future prophecy fulfilment.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

GospelS

Site Supporter
Aug 1, 2017
She is The Land!
✟499,634.00
Country
India
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single

God no longer promised material wealth while still alive in our Earthly bodies. Only Satan gave that promise in the New Testament.

What seemed like promises of material abundance by Jesus is taken out of context by the false "Prosperity Gospel" because Jesus made it clear in John Chapter 6, only the Spirit has value. The flesh (the material) is worthless.

It doesn't make sense that Jesus will give you an abundant life by giving you worthless things. People stuck in the prosperity gospel won't understand what I'm saying. They will think I'm an immature child - the very thing the Lord wants us to become.
Let's say Christians didn't save more than they need because money and self-preservation is magical potion of devil, they can't handle it wisely, it's from Satan, there is flesh and material prosperity is worthless and Jesus spoke against it. So they humbly denied any riches.

Then some day I'm in need of a major life support such as emergency cardiac operation that demands a lot of materials and/or wealth for me to sustain my life.

Since Christians didn't have more than they need, honestly they were not able to help me. While I'm in pain, they say things like sorry we can't help that much because we are haven't secured anything, but we will pray for you, you may die but you will go to heaven.

So I should be fine that I'm going to heaven, wait on God for miracle, suffer from pain, or go to unbelievers and seek their help because they have wealth and prosperity which they can donate and sponsor my medical treatment to save my life.

Is this the ideal situation in the world that you are recommending?

Upvote 0
May 8, 2024
Ontario
✟3,240.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single

Sorry but some of what you're saying ("(the material) is worthless") sounds like Gnostic asceticism, something that Paul himself rebukes in 1st Timothy chapter 4.
"For everything created by God is good, and nothing is to be rejected if it is received with thanksgiving" 1 Timothy 4:4

There's a middle ground between Prosperity Gospel and the denial of the material world.

Upvote 0

timewerx

the village i--o--t--
Aug 31, 2012
✟314,550.00
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Single
Then some day I'm in need of a major life support such as emergency cardiac operation that demands a lot of materials and/or wealth for me to sustain my life.

While I'm in pain, they say things like sorry we can't help that much because we are haven't secured anything, but we will pray for you, you may die but you will go to heaven.

So I should be fine that I'm going to heaven, wait on God for miracle, suffer from pain, or go to unbelievers and seek their help because they have wealth and prosperity which they can donate and sponsor my medical treatment to save my life.

Is this the ideal situation in the world that you are recommending?

I also have Cardiovascular Disease (CVD) and experienced heart attacks a few times before.

Each time I had, I suddenly become overwhelmed by feelings of ecstacy, joy, sensations of flying/levitation, and the pain and worries goes away.

Later on, the Holy Spirit told me to adopt a lifestyle of exercise, good diet, and regular fasting. I managed to stay healthy this way completely med-free.

Since Christians didn't have more than they need, honestly they were not able to help me.

Put your faith on the Lord, not on people, not on Christians, not on technology, and not on wealthy people/money.

So I should be fine that I'm going to heaven,

YES! I'd be much happier if the Lord takes me to heaven now than live 50 more years.

If the prospect of going to heaven sooner terrifies you, it is very likely you still value some things in this world more than God.

Upvote 0

timewerx

the village i--o--t--
Aug 31, 2012
✟314,550.00
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Single
Sorry but some of what you're saying ("(the material) is worthless") sounds like Gnostic asceticism, something that Paul himself rebukes in 1st Timothy chapter 4.
"For everything created by God is good, and nothing is to be rejected if it is received with thanksgiving" 1 Timothy 4:4

There's a middle ground between Prosperity Gospel and the denial of the material world.

Paul is only talking about food. You have to read the whole 1 Timothy 4:1-4

Paul can't be talking about other things like money because first and foremost, God did not create money. And St. John taught us NOT LOVE the things of this world.

1 John 2:15-16
Do not love the world or anything in the world. If anyone loves the world, the love of the Father is not in him. 16For all that is in the world—the desires of the flesh, the desires of the eyes, and the pride of life—is not from the Father but from the world

NOT everything in this world is from God.

Paul is definitely NOT talking about material wealth but only food.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

GospelS

Site Supporter
Aug 1, 2017
She is The Land!
✟499,634.00
Country
India
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Paul is only talking about food. You have to read the whole 1 Timothy 4:1-4

Paul can't be talking about other things like money because first and foremost, God did not create money. And St. John taught us NOT LOVE the things of this world.

1 John 2:15-16
Do not love the world or anything in the world. If anyone loves the world, the love of the Father is not in him. 16For all that is in the world—the desires of the flesh, the desires of the eyes, and the pride of life—is not from the Father but from the world

NOT everything in this world is from God.

Paul is definitely NOT talking about material wealth but only food.
God accepted and received a sacrifice from Abel. The concept of transaction and wealth stems from God's way of dealing with the fallen world because when humans sinned, agreements were needed to maintain order and justice.

However, some people have overcome sin by the blood of the Lamb. They exist in the flesh, just as Jesus did in the flesh after He was resurrected.

What Jesus or Paul said in those days is true and righteous way because those people were not yet born again or baptised in Fire. The atonement was not completed until Jesus died for them to be washed by His blood and become born again.

The Holy Spirit is sent to baptise us in the fire providing even greater revelations for those who are born again. It has been more than 2000 years and more promises and prophecies were fulfilled since then.

When Jesus came with His message of love, it was a new thing for most and some of them didn't accept it. He didn't do or say more things because of their disbelief. They were still in sin so they couldn't accept anything and thought Jesus was against Moses.

Don't be like them. They were like old wineskin or an old garment and even Jesus left them as nothing can be done about them to help them come out of it. Mark 2:22. You need to be open to see if God is trying reach you and not be stuck in the past.

Upvote 0

GospelS

Site Supporter
Aug 1, 2017
She is The Land!
✟499,634.00
Country
India
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I also have Cardiovascular Disease (CVD) and experienced heart attacks a few times before.

Each time I had, I suddenly become overwhelmed by feelings of ecstacy, joy, sensations of flying/levitation, and the pain and worries goes away.

Later on, the Holy Spirit told me to adopt a lifestyle of exercise, good diet, and regular fasting. I managed to stay healthy this way completely med-free.

Put your faith on the Lord, not on people, not on Christians, not on technology, and not on wealthy people/money.

YES! I'd be much happier if the Lord takes me to heaven now than live 50 more years.

If the prospect of going to heaven sooner terrifies you, it is very likely you still value some things in this world more than God.

Thank you for sharing your testimony. I hope you continue to experience joy and healing. It's wonderful that you have adopted a healthy lifestyle and are medication-free. Do you always get to exercise and eat without the need for money and the help of people whom God made?

I gave you an example. I don't have a cardiac disease. I enjoy staying healthy and fit. God has indeed given us amazing food which I enjoy, and food can be real medicine. However, there can be times when surgical interventions are necessary.

We may need more than just food, in the time of war and famine, we need a lot of resources. I'm God's soldier to love and to save people's lives from death. Maybe you don't want that so you can be free and alone because death is preferable for you.

Humans are made in the image of God. To trust in God is to trust in His sons and daughters in whom God lives. It is God's wisdom that creates all things through the life of His people. God works through His people, technology, money, or anything else.

We should be open and available to however God chooses to work. This doesn't mean that our faith is in these things. This is what the prosperity gospel is about, which I also oppose and agree with you on.

Spiritual blessings manifest in the physical realm when applied with faith, wisdom, and talent, resulting in wealth. Your God-given faith wisdom and talent could bring you materials and wealth when it is righteously applied in the real world.

That doesn't mean you are following a prosperity gospel or all your wealth is evil. You earned wealth through your job, faith, wisdom, and other means, which came from God. Our faith is not in wealth, and we don't always have to deny opportunities or donate it all away.

I know that you would rather prefer death upon yourself and others. This is miserable and evil. Not something to boast about. Not a healthy way to approach life and death. You are unable to see yourself made in the image of God.

I wonder if it comes from your failure, hatred, poverty, inability to overcome evil temptations, jealousy, and bitterness. When Paul said it is better to die, it was out of love for God and people. I believe that I died and rose again. It doesn't terrify me to die again.

The value we hold in human life is that we are made in the image of God. To live here is an opportunity to experience the life of Jesus on this earth and God's creation. Not worldly things.

Daniel rejected wealth, including royal food and rulership. You do not want to believe there can still be God's people like Joseph, Daniel, and Jesus who are born again and empowered by the Holy Spirit.

People often do wrong things and wish for an end to their suffering. Following Jesus can be difficult for them. Laziness can also cause people to wish for death and that Jesus would come sooner so they don't have to bear their cross any longer.

They believe that they are cursed and lost for eternity. They try to follow Jesus because they feel they have no other option. They believe that death is an easier way to escape.

I wonder if you are struggling to forgive and love yourself and others and feeling stuck in the past. This happens to many people and maybe the reason you are concerned and finding it difficult to move on. However, you are possibly exactly where you need to be.

If that's where you want to stay and are afraid of growing up, then I don't want to change you. You have free will. I hope God will give you grace to find forgiveness and strength to overcome weakness. If you ever blasphemed the Holy Spirit, then I cannot do anything.

If you are simply being an immature child, then know that children are no different from a slave, he will be under guardians and managers, enslaved to the elementary principles of the world, until the date set by his father. Galatians 4.

If you are always learning but never able to come to a knowledge of the truth like Jannes and Jambres who opposed Moses, 2 Timothy 3 says, they are depraved in mind and disqualified from the faith. They will not advance much further, and their folly will be plain to everyone.

Thanks for the opportunity to minister to you. I'm glad we discussed this and look forward to seeing you grow into maturity because God wants us to be perfect and complete, not immature but childlike.

Upvote 0

timewerx

the village i--o--t--
Aug 31, 2012
✟314,550.00
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Single
Thank you for sharing your testimony. I hope you continue to experience joy and healing. It's wonderful that you have adopted a healthy lifestyle and are medication-free. Do you always get to exercise and eat without the need for money and the help of people whom God made?
Thanks. I try to follow what the Lord is telling me to follow a healthy lifestyle. If I disobey even for a short time, the problems return.

I'm able to exercise without spending. I exercise in empty parking lots, inside our apartment, and the roof of our building. No need for gym membership.

But ofc, I buy food with money. I have a day job for a small amount of income.

I did not say anything about quitting jobs or closing business or just quit making money.

Because Jesus never banned us from working for some income. I'm only discussing we shouldn't give importance to money, nor depend on it for security.

A matter of interest. Jesus never accepted money with thanksgiving (although He did not reject it). Jesus accepted food and sometimes offer of shelter with thanksgiving but not money.

It follows that money is not from God - 1 John 2:15-16

• Friendly
Reactions: GospelS
Upvote 0

GospelS

Site Supporter
Aug 1, 2017
She is The Land!
✟499,634.00
Country
India
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Thanks. I try to follow what the Lord is telling me to follow a healthy lifestyle. If I disobey even for a short time, the problems return.

I'm able to exercise without spending. I exercise in empty parking lots, inside our apartment, and the roof of our building. No need for gym membership.

But ofc, I buy food with money. I have a day job for a small amount of income.

I did not say anything about quitting jobs or closing business or just quit making money.

Because Jesus never banned us from working for some income. I'm only discussing we shouldn't give importance to money, nor depend on it for security.

A matter of interest. Jesus never accepted money with thanksgiving (although He did not reject it). Jesus accepted food and sometimes offer of shelter with thanksgiving but not money.

It follows that money is not from God - 1 John 2:15-16
Ok, thank you. The story of Joseph is a story of faith, not prosperity gospel.

It is easy to misunderstand the true meaning of faith and love in the kingdom of God.

Faith and love has to be based on understanding and knowledge of the truth of God and rooted in Christ.

This comes from the Holy Spirit through daily meditation, life experiences, testings and trials.

Not by our own understanding which is blind faith and blind love leading to failure and deception.

God bless. :)

Upvote 0

CoreyD

Jul 11, 2023
Detroit
✟30,852.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
We often discuss the shortcomings of churches and how they fail to meet the expected standards. While it's true that there are times when we need to make tough decisions about churches that consistently act contrary to God's teachings and His will, we should also consider how we demonstrate love for our neighbours within our families and workplaces.

How have we treated and supported our fellow community members over the years, especially considering that the people themselves make up the church? What about this forum? How have you contributed to your brothers and sisters in Christ over the years in this place, the sons and daughters of your Heavenly Father? Have we forgotten that we are married to Christ before anything else?

There were occasions when Jesus had to slip away from the crowd because they were only seeking him for the bread. “Jesus replied, Truly, truly, I tell you, it is not because you saw these signs that you are looking for Me, but because you ate the loaves and had your fill. Do not work for food that perishes, but for food that endures to eternal life" John 6.

Are we seeking God and the Church like that crowd, to fill our needs and our wants? I'm asking that we learn to love our neighbour as ourselves and show ourselves worthy in the tasks already assigned to us before seeking a partner. In Christ we are all married to one another. He offered us His fullness. Himself as The Bridegroom and His Holy Sprit, Your Sister, Your Bride, Your Church, Your People, Your Home. We are not alone or hopeless.
Hello there - seeker of the father in heaven.

we should also consider how we demonstrate love for our neighbors within our families and workplaces
This is an agreeable thing.
In fact, it is a command found in God's word, both addressed to God's ancient people - the nation of Israel Leviticus 19:18; God's people in the first century congregations and God's people in modern times Matthew 22:39; Romans 13:9; Galatians 5:14.
If we do not demonstrate love, we are nothing, the apostle Paul said. 1 Corinthians 13:2

One way - in fact the most important way we show love to our neighbor, is sharing the truth of God's word with them.
This is the greatest expression of love Jesus showed to people... next to, or following the first and foremost greatest expression of love - that of giving his life as a sacrifice. Matthew 20:28;

We may not have the opportunity to give our life for a brother, or sister, but we have ample opportunities, to share a truth from God's word with them. John 13:34, 35

Matthew 9:35-38
35 Then Jesus went about all the cities and villages, teaching in their synagogues, preaching the gospel of the kingdom, and healing every sickness and every disease among the people. 36 But when He saw the multitudes, He was moved with compassion for them, because they were weary and scattered, like sheep having no shepherd. 37 Then He said to His disciples, “The harvest truly is plentiful, but the laborers are few. 38 Therefore pray the Lord of the harvest to send out laborers into His harvest.”​
This work is most important. It is like a rescue work before the actual disaster.

In teaching others what the Bible teaches, I anticipate - even expect my students would ask the question, "who/what people?", if I told them, the Church is the people.

More specifically, the Church is the annointed of God. It is not the people who attend the building, whether they are visiting or full fledge members. Nor is it the people outside, going about their daily activity.

While most here would automatically ascribe "people" to members of all Christian denominations except the ones they cast off as unworthy, this is not what the Bible teaches.
The Bible teaches that only those selected as sons of God, and annointed as such, by holy spirit... these are the Church.

2 Corinthians 1:20-22
20 For all the promises of God are “Yes” in Christ. And so through Him, our “Amen” is spoken to the glory of God.
21 Now it is God who establishes both us and you in Christ. He anointed us,
22 placed His seal on us, and put His Spirit in our hearts as a pledge of what is to come.

Please see also, 1 John 2:20, 27

These selected ones are chosen by God, as heirs of the kingdom - those who will rule with Christ as kings and priest - Romans 8:17; Galatians 3:29; 2 Timothy 2:12; Revelation 20:4, 6. They rule over the new earth. Revelation 5:10
This is why they are the body of Christ - his brothers, because no divisions exist in this body (1 Corinthians 12:25) they are all members workings as one unit, under one head - Christ.
We cannot say this about the thousands of denominations under the umbrella of the Christianity we know today.

Do you find this something you can agree with?

• Agree
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

GospelS

Site Supporter
Aug 1, 2017
She is The Land!
✟499,634.00
Country
India
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Do you find this something you can agree with?
Yes, thank you for sharing.

On loving your neighbour, I agree sharing the truth of God's word is one way and is most important.

Jesus told what that means by giving us the parable of the Good Samaritan.

Good Samaritan didn't jump on sharing the truth about God's word by lip service but by his actions he demonstrated God's truth and love.

Love in action and in truth according to how God told us to act in each situation as appropriate and worthy of Him.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

GospelS

Site Supporter
Aug 1, 2017
She is The Land!
✟499,634.00
Country
India
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
More specifically, the Church is the annointed of God. It is not the people who attend the building, whether they are visiting or full fledge members. Nor is it the people outside, going about their daily activity.

While most here would automatically ascribe "people" to members of all Christian denominations except the ones they cast off as unworthy, this is not what the Bible teaches.
The Bible teaches that only those selected as sons of God, and annointed as such, by holy spirit... these are the Church.
Absolutely. "People" in my OP title is referring to anointed of God.

They can be anywhere and everywhere. Thank you for bringing this valuable contribution and the truth.

I also wanted to share this fact in my OP or another thread or post sometime later.

• Friendly
Reactions: CoreyD
Upvote 0

CoreyD

Jul 11, 2023
Detroit
✟30,852.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Yes, thank you for sharing.

On loving your neighbour, I agree sharing the truth of God's word is one way and is most important.

Jesus told what that means by giving us the parable of the Good Samaritan.

Good Samaritan didn't jump on sharing the truth about God's word by lip service but by his actions he demonstrated God's truth and love.

Love in action and in truth according to how God told us to act in each situation as appropriate and worthy of Him.
Thank you for taking the time to read the post.

Yes. actually living the truth, by acts of love - kind deeds is another important way to reach the heart of persons, opening the way for them to respond to the message.

Jesus did this, and instructed his disciples to do the same.
Matthew 4:23
Jesus went throughout Galilee, teaching in their synagogues, preaching the gospel of the kingdom, and healing every disease and sickness among the people.​

Matthew 10:5-15
5 These twelve Jesus sent out and commanded them, saying: “Do not go into the way of the Gentiles, and do not enter a city of the Samaritans. 6 But go rather to the lost sheep of the house of Israel. 7 And as you go, preach, saying, ‘The kingdom of heaven is at hand.’ 8 Heal the sick, cleanse the lepers, raise the dead, cast out demons. Freely you have received, freely give. 9 Provide neither gold nor silver nor copper in your money belts, 10 nor bag for your journey, nor two tunics, nor sandals, nor staffs; for a worker is worthy of his food.​
11 “Now whatever city or town you enter, inquire who in it is worthy, and stay there till you go out. 12 And when you go into a household, greet it. 13 If the household is worthy, let your peace come upon it. But if it is not worthy, let your peace return to you. 14 And whoever will not receive you nor hear your words, when you depart from that house or city, shake off the dust from your feet. 15 Assuredly, I say to you, it will be more tolerable for the land of Sodom and Gomorrah in the day of judgment than for that city!​

I like the fact that those scriptures highlighted two important things Jesus and his disciples did.
  1. preaching the gospel of the kingdom and
  2. healing every disease and sickness among the people
Did you observe that as well?

Could we ever imagine Jesus and his disciples, ignoring the physical needs of the people, and just focusing on their spiritual needs?
Giving both of these attention, demonstrates our love for people.

The parable of the Good Samaritan showed one aspect - the physical needs of the individual.
This was a lesson for the the man that had the view that his neighbors were people of his own nation - Jews. Jesus helped that man to see that his neighbor includes everyone, including the people they were prejudiced toward - Samaritans.

So, yes, while doing good deeds is important, sharing the message of the gospel, is most important.
You made a good point about not "jumping on people" with the message... That's funny. Ha Ha.
That's one extreme. The other extreme, is thinking that doing kind deeds wins us God's approval, and excuses us from sharing the gospel with all our neighbors.
We don't want to go to either extreme.

I especially like Jesus instructions, which is what I follow, and try to immitate.
Matthew 10:7-13
  1. As you go, proclaim, ‘The kingdom of heaven has come near.’ Go. Preach the message of the gospel.
  2. Heal the sick, raise the dead, cleanse those with leprosy, drive out demons. Freely you received, freely give. Do kind deeds to everyone in need. Do so freely.
  3. Don’t acquire gold, silver, or copper for your money-belts. Don’t take a traveling bag for the road, or an extra shirt, sandals, or a staff, for the worker is worthy of his food. Don't look for payment. That will be provided.
  4. Whatever town or village you enter, search there for some worthy person and stay at their house until you leave. Search out those who are worthy. Search for sheep.
  5. Greet a household when you enter it, and if the household is worthy, let your peace be on it; but if it is unworthy, let your peace return to you. At every house you encounter someone, greet the household. Be polite and mannerly. Show that you are interested in them.
  6. If anyone does not welcome you or listen to your words, shake the dust off your feet when you leave that house or town. Don't allow negative responses or opposition to affect you. Continue on.

What do you think of that outline?
The primary - most important - command is "Go. Make disciples. Preach the Gospel." Matthew 28:19, 20
Kind deeds may or may not be needed, but when they are needed, we readily give, because "If I could speak all the languages of earth and of angels, but didn’t love others, I would only be a noisy gong or a clanging cymbal. If I have the gift of prophecy and can fathom all mysteries and all knowledge, and if I have a faith that can move mountains, but do not have love, I am nothing.
If I gave everything I have to the poor and even sacrificed my body, I could boast about it; but if I didn’t love others, I would have gained nothing. 1 Corinthians 13:1-3

Paul said that persons do good deeds - they give to the poor, but not because they have love. They want to appear good.

I believe this is something we both agree with, and I'm sure you like it.
Searching out people in our neighborhood to share the gospel affords us many opportunities to do good deeds, and seeking to do good deeds affords us many opportunities to share the gospel.
Am I right? :)

Last edited:
Upvote 0

CoreyD

Jul 11, 2023
Detroit
✟30,852.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Absolutely. "People" in my OP title is referring to anointed of God.

They can be anywhere and everywhere. Thank you for bringing this valuable contribution and the truth.

I also wanted to share this fact in my OP or another thread or post sometime later.
Oh. Thank you for clarifying.
Please remember me, and message me, if you do start another thread on that.
I just want to say, that I get the impression that you are a very friendly people's person.

• Friendly
Upvote 0