Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Being on the down-low means practicing one's homosexuality in secret.

So then, good to go?

Of course not..

Your being silly and ignoring my point.

Jesus didn't come to save the righteous HE came to save sinners. If we don't teach there is such a thing as sin then what are people saved for?

It makes the Gospel of no account..

Read 1 Corinthians 5.

Is it hard to say to anyone that they are a sinner in need of repentance? Of course it is! It's fairly well an offensive statement to anyone..

But it needs said. God changes lives, the homosexual can come to repentance and salvation the same as anyone else. It's not always easy but it is always possible through Christ

But if we fail to address sin then we have done no favors for anyone.

My daughter died. I know what it's like as a parent. I know how it feels to know that your adult child likely died in an unforgiven state..

And that knowledge all the more should give us the heart of love to look at someone and say, you are a sinner but there is a God who loves you, forgives you and changes you..

If we refuse to address sin we are at fault, we have not loved the sinner as God would like us to.. because Truth should always prevail.

• Friendly
Reactions: fat wee robin
Upvote 0

Phil 1:21

Apr 3, 2017
United States
✟144,842.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Of course not..

Your being silly and ignoring my point.
Actually, I'm asking you to explain how you presume to know this man wasn't God's child. You still haven't provided a clear answer, other than to state he was a sinner...which we all are.

Jesus didn't come to save the righteous HE came to save sinners. If we don't teach there is such a thing as sin then what are people saved for?
If you find someone who claims there is no sin, then maybe you could take it up with them. Since no one here has made such a claim, I'm not sure why you insist on stuffing this man of straw.

Upvote 0

twin.spin

Trust the LORD and not on your own understanding
May 1, 2010
✟72,766.00
Country
United States
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Private
The Church Has Become A 'Pillar of Salt'

Recently the Washington National Cathedral in Washington D.C. interred the ashes of a man who was murdered because of his homosexuality. While this is laudable it is another sign of our societal decay. Jesus Christ said that the last days of mankind would be like Sodom and Gomorrah, and it has come true, for the church has now become a 'pillar of salt'! ….

…. I now realize why God kicked Adam Eve out of the Garden of Eden. He didn't want to 'inter' the ashes of the wicked, Adam and Eve and their descendants, in a place of holiness.

God Bless
Not sure if anyone mentioned this:
1) Jesus' point in referring to Sodom and Gomorrah (as well as Noah's time) was not a particular sin per say but the unexpectedness of the upcoming judgement. And it is that unexpectedness of judgement of all people which will occur when he comes again.

"Just as it was in the days of Noah, so also will it be in the days of the Son of Man.
People were eating, drinking, marrying and being given in marriage up to the day Noah entered the ark. Then the flood came and destroyed them all.

“It was the same in the days of Lot. People were eating and drinking, buying and selling, planting and building. But the day Lot left Sodom, fire and sulfur rained down from heaven and destroyed them all.

"It will be just like this on the day the Son of Man is revealed."

The truth is for most the dawn of the "last day" to the Last Days will not be of any noticeable difference when such day comes as compared to any previous.

2) The main reason A&E were removed from the Garden of Eden was so that they would not eat from the tree of life and remain in their sin forever.

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.