Tennessee
✟37,337.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
When they say that Jesus said something that He never said, no NT writers ever said, and cannot be supported with any scripture, it’s blasphemous. Period. A metaphor has to reflect reality.
So if I said that Jesus got his hair cut that is blasphemy? Why do you think that if something is not written in the Bible it’s not true. Even scripture itself said that if everything that Jesus did was written down the world could not contain it all ( that was a paraphrase from memory but I think you get the idea.

Reactions: doctorwho29
Upvote 0

timothyu

Dec 31, 2018
up there
✟307,281.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
So if I said that Jesus got his hair cut that is blasphemy?
Of course not. Assumptions can be made according to the time He walked here and according to the synagogue lifestyle. Too much viewing of old through the gentile Christian lens than the Jewish culture of the times. A much better representation on the show than today where we are told prosperity and wars and self interest, praying for our wants instead of for others, are the will of God

Upvote 0

Hammster

Psalm 144:1
Christian Forums Staff
Site Advisor
Site Supporter
Apr 5, 2007
New Jerusalem
Visit site
✟1,728,699.00
Country
United States
Faith
Reformed
Marital Status
Married
Manifested by Him fulfilling it. That is obvious.

Anyway, I'm done here, at least with this topic
I guess just making things up now counts as evidence.

Upvote 0

Hammster

Christian Forums Staff
Site Advisor
Site Supporter
Apr 5, 2007
New Jerusalem
Visit site
✟1,728,699.00
Country
United States
Faith
Reformed
Marital Status
Married
There was no “straw man”.
I offered 4 verses with exegesis explaining how Jesus was “the Law” from a metaphorical, spiritual and typological perspective and you responded with the equivalent of “taint so” by merely repeating your demand for specific verbiage:

So I acknowledged that I could not find your required specific verbiage in the Bible.
I never said there needed to be specific verbiage. Hence the straw man.

Upvote 0

Hammster

Christian Forums Staff
Site Advisor
Site Supporter
Apr 5, 2007
New Jerusalem
Visit site
✟1,728,699.00
Country
United States
Faith
Reformed
Marital Status
Married
So if I said that Jesus got his hair cut that is blasphemy? Why do you think that if something is not written in the Bible it’s not true. Even scripture itself said that if everything that Jesus did was written down the world could not contain it all ( that was a paraphrase from memory but I think you get the idea.
I never said that of something isn’t written in the Bible it isn’t true.

Upvote 0

Belinda Cooper

I am called to be salt & light
Jul 26, 2022
Houston
✟18,877.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
What is happening is that people are watching the show and saying things like "this is life", "it is like the actor is Jesus himself" going crazy over what may have happened. Too bad many these people are not excited to go to church or read and study the Word for themselves.

What happened to the passion to read the Word of God? Why aren't people excited over the testimonies from believers they can get first hand. No they want to watch a show and be entertained. I pray for those that have fallen into the trap of this show. Adding and subtracting to scripture to make themselves feel better, to be able to relate, and see Jesus the way they want to not for who He really is.

Upvote 0

Hammster

Christian Forums Staff
Site Advisor
Site Supporter
Apr 5, 2007
New Jerusalem
Visit site
✟1,728,699.00
Country
United States
Faith
Reformed
Marital Status
Married
What is happening is that people are watching the show and saying things like "this is life", "it is like the actor is Jesus himself" going crazy over what may have happened. Too bad many these people are not excited to go to church or read and study the Word for themselves.

What happened to the passion to read the Word of God? Why aren't people excited over the testimonies from believers they can get first hand. No they want to watch a show and be entertained. I pray for those that have fallen into the trap of this show. Adding and subtracting to scripture to make themselves feel better, to be able to relate, and see Jesus the way they want to not for who He really is.
Itching ears get tickled.

Upvote 0

Hammster

Christian Forums Staff
Site Advisor
Site Supporter
Apr 5, 2007
New Jerusalem
Visit site
✟1,728,699.00
Country
United States
Faith
Reformed
Marital Status
Married
Actions speak louder than words ... you did reject every explanation that was not your specific verbiage by repeating your request verbatim.
I never asked for specific verbiage. Hence, the continued straw man.

Upvote 0

Belinda Cooper

I am called to be salt & light
Jul 26, 2022
Houston
✟18,877.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
Itching ears get tickled.
YES!

The apostle Paul wrote a warning for the church: “The time will come when men will not put up with sound doctrine. Instead, to suit their own desires, they will gather around them a great number of teachers to say what their itching ears want to hear” (2 Timothy 4:3).

The Greek word translated “itching” literally means “to itch, rub, scratch, or tickle.” To want one’s ears “tickled” is to desire massages rather than messages—sermons that charm rather than challenge, entertain rather than edify, and please rather than preach. The people Paul warns about will have, as one commentator put it, “ears which have to be continually titillated with novelties.”

“Itching ears” is a figure of speech that refers to people’s desires, felt needs, or wants. It is these desires that impel a person to believe whatever he wants to believe rather than the actual truth itself. When people have “itching ears,” they decide for themselves what is right or wrong, and they seek out others to support their notions. “Itching ears” are concerned with what feels good or comfortable, not with the truth—after all, truth is often uncomfortable. Paul’s warning is that the church would one day contain those who only opened their ears to those who would scratch their “itch.”

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Hammster

Christian Forums Staff
Site Advisor
Site Supporter
Apr 5, 2007
New Jerusalem
Visit site
✟1,728,699.00
Country
United States
Faith
Reformed
Marital Status
Married
Jesus could come back without fanfare and walk among us teaching for a while and be met with the same outcries of He does not follow the teachings of my church.
That’s a bit of a non sequitur.

Upvote 0

timothyu

Dec 31, 2018
up there
✟307,281.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
That’s a bit of a non sequitur.
Not so. We even see it here on the threads, defending one denomination's agenda as if it were a team sport, overlooking the fact we are to swear alliance to God and not some manmade church. God's truth, not that of man's institutions.

Upvote 0

Hammster

Christian Forums Staff
Site Advisor
Site Supporter
Apr 5, 2007
New Jerusalem
Visit site
✟1,728,699.00
Country
United States
Faith
Reformed
Marital Status
Married
Not so. We even see it here on the threads, defending one denomination's agenda as if it were a team sport, overlooking the fact we are to swear alliance to God and not some manmade church. God's truth, not that of man's institutions.
It’s not defending a denomination by stating that the show is making unbiblical claims.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Lost Witness

Ezekiel 3:3 ("Change")
Nov 10, 2022
New York
✟97,356.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I was speaking hypothetically
Obviously.
Pointing out the obvious to avoid what I said doesn't change the fact that such a scenario happens and it's The "Anti-Christ" that does it.
Which In all do honesty is exactly what this show is doing,
It's Created a False Christ.

Upvote 0

timothyu

Dec 31, 2018
up there
✟307,281.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
It's Created a False Christ.
No it recreated the sae scenario as 2000 year ago where the Jews didn't accept Him for the same reason. My point was people are more into defending their particular denominations han they are God.

Upvote 0

Lost Witness

Ezekiel 3:3 ("Change")
Nov 10, 2022
New York
✟97,356.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
No it recreated the sae scenario as 2000 year ago where the Jews didn't accept Him for the same reason. My point was people are more into defending their particular denominations han they are God.
No, It's a False Christ that's depicted in that TV show.

Upvote 0