Neath, Wales, UK
✟1,012,478.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
I like it. Looking forward to 3rd season coming out soon.

Its inspirational. Its different. It is a different view into the life of Jesus and His followers.

Ok, it may not be all 100% Biblical but, its certainly gives you an insight to how it may have been, living day to day with Our Lord.

Upvote 0

disciple Clint

Mar 26, 2018
Pacific Northwest
✟208,189.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
What are your beliefs about the series "The Chosen" and please give details.
Excellent production and I have yet to find any theology that is exclusive to LDS in it.

Upvote 0

disciple Clint

Mar 26, 2018
Pacific Northwest
✟208,189.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
explain exclusive LDS theology please
I would not be a good representative for LDS, as a student of theology I became familiar with some of their beliefs, I have not seen anything in the production that reflects those things, so I am comfortable recommending the shows to any Christian, everything I have seen is consistent with the Bible

• Winner
Reactions: Lost4words
Upvote 0

HARK!

שמע
Christian Forums Staff
Supervisor
Site Supporter
Oct 29, 2017
US
✟1,099,484.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Private
MOD HAT ON

241656_73a4b943f6c592cdf71a88c50d5eb4d8.jpg

Please read and abide by each forum's Statement of Purpose; Statement of Purpose threads are sticky threads located at the top of the forum's page. Not all forums have a Statement of Purpose thread.

MOD HAT OFF

Upvote 0

Gregorikos

Ordinary Mystic
Dec 31, 2019
Louisville, Kentucky
Visit site
✟113,638.00
Country
United States
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
What are your beliefs about the series "The Chosen" and please give details.

So far, after two seasons, it's the greatest movie depiction of the life of Christ ever presented, and I think many people will be brought to Christ through it.

There is a LOT of artistic license taken in order to produce this movie. A lot of speculation. For instance, when Peter and his guys spent all night fishing and didn't catch a thing, and Jesus came and told them to cast the net one more time, and they did and the haul was so big the nets began to break- remember that? True story from the Bible.

But The Chosen imagines WHY they were fishing all night- they owed a large amount of taxes, and they were desperate to raise the money for that, or else they were certainly in trouble. And they were dealing personally with Matthew the tax collector. This is all pure fiction, but it is completely plausible that it could have happened that way. It fits the Biblical narrative, even though the Bible obviously cannot give so much detail.

On and on- The Chosen gives plausible back stories to everything that happens in the Gospels. And I know they do their very best to make it accurate. They have (or had) an advisor board consisting of scholars from Protestantism, Catholicism, and Judaism involved to help them get it right.

The first season was filmed in... I think Texas and Illinois. But a door opened up for them in the second season. Out in Utah, the Mormons have this crazy replica city of ancient Jerusalem. It's insane. I don't know why they have it or why they made it. But it exists. And The Chosen talked to them, and got permission to use it as the set, and some of them are involved in the production. Of course, the Mormons are problematic, but as long as the goal is to accurately depict what the Bible says, it doesn't really matter what the Mormons believe about x, y or z. The Bible is the Bible. And I suspect that some Mormons are going to come to the real Jesus through this movie.

So, I think it's a WONDERFUL movie series, and I can't wait for season 3 to begin next month!

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

JimR-OCDS

God Cannot Be Grasped, Except Through Love
Oct 28, 2008
The Kingdom of Heaven
Visit site
✟187,497.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
I love it! My wife resisted watching it until Season 3 Episode 2. Jonni Erickson Tada, gave a reveiw
of it and how it moved her so much. My wife being a big fan of Jonni, decided to watch it. Now
she's hooked and we just finished Season 3 episode 5.

What I love about it, is that Jesus performs the miracles as in the Gospels, but it also shows
the human side of himself and his apostles.

The first time I actually witnessed a miracle, it was so natural that the curiosity seekers
missed it, while the few people of faith saw it.

This production is far different from all the other movies about Jesus. It's far better
than Jesus of Nazareth, which I loved, until seeing this. I wonder if Dalas Jenkins
will take us all the way through to the passion and resurrection? I hope so!

Upvote 0

JesseBassett

Follower of the way, the truth, and the life....
Angels Team
CF Senior Ambassador
Site Supporter
Apr 17, 2004
Inver Grove Heights, MN, USA
Visit site
✟423,188.00
Country
United States
Faith
Reformed
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
Upvote 0

Lost Witness

Ezekiel 3:3 ("Change")
Nov 10, 2022
New York
✟97,356.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I didn't really care for it either.
i watched it and felt myself starting to accept a 'mortal' Jesus but the LORD wasn't a mere man as that series tries painting him as
He was/is GOD in the Flesh.

Reactions: Heavenhome
Jeff Saunders
Jeff Saunders
But he was 100% human also, tempted in every way just like us , that’s what makes him be able to save us he had to become human not just taking human form.
Upvote 0
Upvote 0

Hammster

Psalm 144:1
Christian Forums Staff
Site Advisor
Site Supporter
Apr 5, 2007
New Jerusalem
Visit site
✟1,728,693.00
Country
United States
Faith
Reformed
Marital Status
Married
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

JimR-OCDS

Oct 28, 2008
The Kingdom of Heaven
Visit site
✟187,497.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
I didn't really care for it either.
i watched it and felt myself starting to accept a 'mortal' Jesus but the LORD wasn't a mere man as that series tries painting him as
He was/is GOD in the Flesh.
Jesus was both man and divine. To live among us, he had to be a man, which
is why he was born of a woman.

The movie portrays Jesus as a man, but also as Divine as the series progresses.
The miracles he performs is testament to the fact of his Divinity. His fatigue,
hunger and having fun attest to his human nature.

As it says in Scripture, he experienced all that we experience, except sin.

"therefore, he had to become like his brothers in every way, that he might be a merciful and faithful high priest before God to expiate the sins of the people." Hebrews 2:17

Upvote 0

Lost Witness

Ezekiel 3:3 ("Change")
Nov 10, 2022
New York
✟97,356.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Jesus was both man and divine. To live among us, he had to be a man, which
is why he was born of a woman.

The movie portrays Jesus as a man, but also as Divine as the series progresses.
The miracles he performs is testament to the fact of his Divinity. His fatigue,
hunger and having fun attest to his human nature.
I don't recall scripture painting the LORD as a 'Playful' Sort,
he was here to do the Heavenly fathers will which is of the Upmost importance,
the Series paints him as something he wasn't and that was a 'part of the world',
make No Mistake the LORD lived here but much Like John the Baptist he wasn't a part of the world

Last edited:
Reactions: Heavenhome
Jeff Saunders
Jeff Saunders
I think you need to update your idea of “ part of this world “ you don’t think Jesus had fun , played games , enjoyed a good meal, being part of this world is a way of thinking. Why do you think they said he was a friend of sinners and the religious people said he was a glutton and drinkerd. (Not that he ever was) but I am sure he was a fun guy.
Upvote 0
Upvote 0

Hammster

Psalm 144:1
Christian Forums Staff
Site Advisor
Site Supporter
Apr 5, 2007
New Jerusalem
Visit site
✟1,728,693.00
Country
United States
Faith
Reformed
Marital Status
Married
Actually it is correct. Moses would never have existed if not for Christ.
Then please show us from scripture where Jesus makes this point.

Upvote 0

JimR-OCDS

Oct 28, 2008
The Kingdom of Heaven
Visit site
✟187,497.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Then please show us from scripture where Jesus makes this point.
"Jesus said to them, “Amen, amen, I say to you, before Abraham came to be, I AM.”" John 8:58

I AM is God.

Jesus was crucified for making himself God, of which he was charged with blaspheme by the
Tempe Jews.

Upvote 0