The Chosen series

Bible Highlighter

Law of the Lord is perfect, converting the soul.
Site Supporter
Jul 22, 2014
✟1,202,726.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Apparently the Mormon connection involves this dialog:

Sanhedrin: “Jesus, if you do not renounce your words, we will have no choice but to follow the law of Moses,”

Jesus: "I am the Law of Moses"

Which is a line or resembles a line from the book of mormon.

Could just be a coincidence. Could be the scriptwriter Googled "Jesus quotes" and that was in the mix. Could be the scriptwriter is a Mormon, or a former Mormon.
It’s not a coincidence. Look at what the director says about his Mormon buddies in this video.

Upvote 0

Bible Highlighter

Site Supporter
Jul 22, 2014
✟1,202,726.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
ANYTHING that gets people aware of or thinking about God is good, even if it is not as you wish it to be. I saw a sign recently along the highway that had more people of all mindsets thinking about God than any church ever has. It simply said God. Beat that.
But one needs to know about the gospel in order to be initially saved. That is what we preach. The gospel. Without the gospel, there is no hope for the lost. There are many who believe in God, and yet they reject Christianity and the gospel.

Upvote 0

Bible Highlighter

Site Supporter
Jul 22, 2014
✟1,202,726.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Interesting how many are onboard trying to stop a generation from becoming curious about Jesus.
Paul warned that there are those who preached another Jesus. The Mormon Jesus is not the God of the Bible.
So if you watch or endorse the Chosen, you are endorsing Mormonism, and the actors who say you are no fan of them if you are only for the biblical view of marriage (between a man and a woman) as the proper intimate relationship to have. Not only that but they turn the truth into fables. The character of Jesus I heard is like some kind of comedian or person we can all relate to. This again is portraying another Jesus that is contrary to Scripture.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Bible Highlighter

Site Supporter
Jul 22, 2014
✟1,202,726.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Nope, don’t care about that at all.
When I was born again spiritually it took time to put the things of this world out of my life.
Perhaps one day this will be the same for you. It is my hope for you anyways.

Upvote 0

timothyu

Dec 31, 2018
up there
✟311,274.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
But one needs to know about the gospel in order to be initially saved. That is what we preach. The gospel. Without the gospel, there is no hope for the lost. There are many who believe in God, and yet they reject Christianity and the gospel.
Yes. Isn't it unfortunate many don't know when to stop. We are to sow seeds, not stand in for God to make them grow often in our own images. But without curiosity on the part of outsiders even the most diligent often end up preaching to the choir.

Upvote 0

timothyu

Dec 31, 2018
up there
✟311,274.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Paul warned that there are those who preached another Jesus.
I'm sorry but that has been happening since the religion abandoned the Kingdom to team up with it's enemy, the world of man. 1700 years ago.

Upvote 0

timothyu

Dec 31, 2018
up there
✟311,274.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
The character of Jesus I heard
So you are judging without watching? Should you rely on gossip? Look how many years people believed what they were told until they could read the Bible for themselves. Not all it turns out was as it seemed.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Bible Highlighter

Site Supporter
Jul 22, 2014
✟1,202,726.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Yes. Isn't it unfortunate many don't know when to stop. We are to sow seeds, not stand in for God to make them grow often in our own images. But without curiosity on the part of outsiders even the most diligent often end up preaching to the choir.
Again, the Mormon Jesus is not the God of the Bible. Do you believe Mormons are your fellow Christians and they believe in the same Jesus as you do? Jesus is a part of the triune Godhead or the Trinity. According to Mormonism, Jesus is a created being, the first spirit to be born of the Father (Mormon Doctrine, p.129) and a celestial mother (Mormon Doctrine, p.516). So Mormons say, Jesus could not be the eternal God or part of an eternal Trinity. Mormonism’s founder, Joseph Smith, clearly rejected the Trinity. He wrote, “Many men say there is one God; the Father, the Son and the Holy Ghost are only one God. I say that is a strange God. . . . All are crammed into one God according to sectarianism [the Christian faith].

They have Jesus on the show quoting the Book of Mormon, where he says, “I am the Law.”
The majority of the show is owned by Mormons. They filmed in a place only Mormons can go.
The director called Mormons his brothers and sisters in Christ.

So why would you watch this Mormon show?

Three possibilities.

Possibility #1. You don’t care if they preach another Mormon Jesus that is false and can lead people astray. You don’t believe Mormonism is heretical and false and so its okay they preach a Mormon Jesus in your view.
Possibility #2. You don’t believe the claims on this forum that the show is a subtle version or promotion of Mormonism.
Possibility #3. You believe fantasy is okay to push sinful and or false things because it is fantasy. You enjoy movies and TV shows in general, and this dazzles your senses to think it is good and acceptable. Do you watch other worldly sinful movies and TV shows? This may be the real problem why you cannot see why this show is evil or unbiblical.

Source used for a few sentences in this post:

Upvote 0

Bible Highlighter

Site Supporter
Jul 22, 2014
✟1,202,726.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
So you are judging without watching? Should you rely on gossip? Look how many years people believed what they were told until they could read the Bible for themselves. Not all it turns out was as it seemed.
I watched the beginning of the pilot and shut it off because it was no way in line with the Bible.
I have watched various clips of the actor who plays Jesus, as well. I also trust the judgment of those who speak about the show because it aligns with what I have seen. Again, if you want to promote a false Mormon Jesus, go right ahead but you will have to explain to the LORD one day why you promoted lies about Him.

Side Note: The Bible warns against turning the truth into fables. That is what this show does. It does not strictly follow the Bible, and it makes the truth into a fantasy because it does not accurately depict Jesus. It depicts a false Mormon Jesus played by a Catholic actor. The star who plays Jesus, the director had met with the Pope. Would you want to be seen with the Pope? I know I wouldn’t. I don’t want people to think I am ecumenical or liberal.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Bible Highlighter

Site Supporter
Jul 22, 2014
✟1,202,726.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Personally I wasn't expecting much from a TV show. I figure it's probably like Xena and Hercules with a pop-culture Jesus.
People get upset when you attack the show. But it is just a show, right?
Well, I think people take their love for movies and TV seriously because they are their personal idols.
It’s like their home town sports team. But it’s just a game and the team of multi million dollar players do not really care about you.
They want the fame and the money for the job they do to play a game that does not change your life for the better.
That’s it. One’s life is not improved by watching sports and is a total waste of time.
Watching the Chosen is a total waste of your time because it teaches a fantasy about the truth.
Why would you watch a fantasy about the truth of God’s Word when you can just read the real story by opening the Bible?
Why watch a show that subtly promotes the false Mormon Jesus?
They don’t believe in the Trinity.
They believe Jesus is a created god, and not a part of the eternal triune Godhead.
What next? Watch a Bible show produced by JWs and promotes its false religion?
People just want the eye candy and entertainment of fun. Truth? Yeah, who cares, right?
That ole dusty Bible sitting on the shelf is not as good as a show that can dazzle the senses.
Yeah, this is why this show is just dumb and totally useless like sports.

But the Scriptures say,

”For they that are such serve not our Lord Jesus Christ, but their own belly; and by good words and fair speeches deceive the hearts of the simple.” (Romans 16:18).

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Bible Highlighter

Site Supporter
Jul 22, 2014
✟1,202,726.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
I like the show.

One has to remember it is just that. A show! With actors. With a script.
First, the character of Jesus is a Mormon Jesus.
They had the character of Jesus quote from the Book of Mormon by saying, “I am the law.”
The actors on the series will basically say using other words you are not a fan of their show if you are bigoted enough to believe the Bible that sex is only between a man and a woman only who are married.

Second, what one portrays sends a message, even if it is fictional. For example: I have mentioned in the past that sin can be promoted in movies and TV shows. Those who disagree with me on this will cry… “Fantasy!” They will say, the sin is not real because they are just acting. But if they cuss or swear, then they are breaking God’s commands. If they promote the message of sin (without any rebuke), they are breaking God’s commands and leading their viewers to potentially be influenced to do such sins. For example, if the show uses swear words, it can influence you to use those same cuss words. If the show promotes half naked women, it can lead a male viewer to lust after those women on screen. If a show promotes false theology from another religion, it can potentially lead them astray, believing false things in regards to the faith.

Anyway, the real stories about Jesus in the Bible are not fictional and so so make fiction of them is to turn the truth into fables that the Bible warns us against. Even if it is done in fantasy, many people have said that this show makes the Bible come alive to them. So they are believing lies or fantasy to make the Bible come alive? It makes no sense. Christians did not need a TV series to make the Bible come alive for them for hundreds of years. They simply had the Bible and it was enough. If people have a problem with God’s Word and following that alone, they need to take that up with God. If one does not care about truth, I suppose the show is not a problem.

Let me put it to you this way. Imagine a person you love a lot in your family. What if they made a movie or TV series of your beloved family member doing things that are totally false and and offensive to you. What if they promoted sin on this form of entertainment? It’s okay they insult the real truth of your family member, it’s just fantasy, right? Now, imagine how God feels when folks do this with Him. That’s what your not getting here.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Bible Highlighter

Site Supporter
Jul 22, 2014
✟1,202,726.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
So you see a movie review and it pushes sinful things you do not agree with. Yet, somebody could say that you are judging it without having watched it. No. You are just in not watching something that promotes sin. The reviewers are witnesses. What motivation do they have to lie? One can look at the series and or clips to confirm what they say.

Again, our focus should not be ourselves in this life. We are not here to please ourselves, but to please God and others. Remember that saying from Paul, “to live is Christ, and to die is gain”? Watching a show that promotes a false Mormon Jesus is truly sad. Those who fight for this show are either ignorant or they don’t care. They want their pleasurable entertainment and they don’t care about the Bible in what it says to guide their life. They want their false TV Mormon Jesus because it caters to pleasing the senses. It’s eye candy and fun. Whooo hooo. Lead people to believe in Mormonism and lead them astray to the wolves so that they may devour them. It’s okay. It’s just fantasy, right? No. People say that this show helps the Bible come alive for them. So they believe these false lies helps aids their understanding of the truth of God’s Word. Sorry, lies promoted in a TV show cannot help you to know the Bible. Folks need to wake up, and see what is really going on here.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Ceallaigh

May God be with you and bless you.
Site Supporter
Oct 2, 2020
✟621,768.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
People get upset when you attack the show. But it is just a show, right?
Well, I think people take their love for movies and TV seriously because they are their personal idols.
It’s like their home town sports team. But it’s just a game and the team of multi million dollar players do not really care about you.
They want the fame and the money for the job they do to play a game that does not change your life for the better.
That’s it. One’s life is not improved by watching sports and is a total waste of time.
Watching the Chosen is a total waste of your time because it teaches a fantasy about the truth.
Why would you watch a fantasy about the truth of God’s Word when you can just read the real story by opening the Bible?
Why watch a show that subtly promotes the false Mormon Jesus?
They don’t believe in the Trinity.
They believe Jesus is a created god, and not a part of the eternal triune Godhead.
What next? Watch a Bible show produced by JWs and promotes its false religion?
People just want the eye candy and entertainment of fun. Truth? Yeah, who cares, right?
That ole dusty Bible sitting on the shelf is not as good as a show that can dazzle the senses.
Yeah, this is why this show is just dumb and totally useless like sports.

But the Scriptures say,

”For they that are such serve not our Lord Jesus Christ, but their own belly; and by good words and fair speeches deceive the hearts of the simple.” (Romans 16:18).
I was just watching a Star Trek episode I've seen innumerable times over the past 55 years.

Upvote 0

Lost4words

Jesus I Trust In You
Site Supporter
May 19, 2018
Neath, Wales, UK
✟1,023,977.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
First, the character of Jesus is a Mormon Jesus.
They had the character of Jesus quote from the Book of Mormon by saying, “I am the law.”
The actors on the series will basically say using other words you are not a fan of their show if you are bigoted enough to believe the Bible that sex is only between a man and a woman only who are married.

Second, what one portrays sends a message, even if it is fictional. For example: I have mentioned in the past that sin can be promoted in movies and TV shows. But they cry… “Fantasty.” The sin is not real because they are just acting. But if they cuss or swear, then they are breaking God’s commands. If they promote the message of sin (without any rebuke), they are breaking God’s commands.

Anyway, the real stories about Jesus in the Bible are not fictional and so so make fiction of them is to turn the truth into fables that the Bible warns us against. Even if it is done in fantasy, many people have said that this show makes the Bible come alive to them. So they are believing lies or fantasy to make the Bible come alive? It makes no sense. Christians did not need a TV series to make the Bible come alive for them for hundreds of years. They simply had the Bible and it was enough. If people have a problem with God’s Word and following that alone, they need to take that up with God. If one does not care about truth, I suppose the show is not a problem.

Let me put it to you this way. Imagine a person you love a lot in your family. What if they made a movie or TV series of your beloved family member doing things that are totally false and and offensive to you. What if they promoted sin on this form of entertainment? It’s okay they insult the real truth of your family member, it’s just fantasy, right? Now, imagine how God feels when folks do this with Him. That’s what your not getting here.

Its still a show!

• Agree
Reactions: Ceallaigh
Upvote 0

2PhiloVoid

Critical Thinking ***contra*** Conformity!
Site Supporter
Oct 28, 2006
The Void!
✟1,146,932.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others

I can partially understand some of the concern over The Chosen. It is a popular piece of digital theatre, one that has the potential to gather broad attention and build an audience because it is well done. Like all other media, it has the potential to delude people who too easily find themselves passively relying upon visual stimuli from the T.V. or from Tik Toks in order to get by in life. Blaise Pascal, too, along with Tertullian, thought there was some moderate risk of delusion involved in engaging the theatre as a member of an audience.

However, like all other hollywood treatments of Jesus and/or of Christian History of some sort, this theatrical show about Jesus is just that-----a theatrical show, and it is only meant to entertain and interest, and maybe partially inform, an audience. It's not meant to serve as some sort of replacement for reading or hearing the Bible. Everyone should know The Chosen isn't inspired and doesn't hold any sort of apostolic authority. It's simply creative 21st century art and, by that fact, is a conceptual vehicle that, when thoughtfully watched, can serve to point to Jesus, like a roadsign on a busy downtown street: >>>One Way>>>---That Way!

Folks who watch The Chosen should feel prompted to reach over for their Bibles and read the New Testament themselves for the more authentic accounts of Jesus' Life and Teaching. Hopefully, people who watch The Chosen will feel what I felt when I read the New Testament for the 1st time: compassion, insight, understanding, love and other positive feelings, all of the emotions one hopefully feels when he/she becomes more profoundly aware of the Love and Truth and Life of Jesus Christ.

Last edited:
Upvote 0