The Catholic Chruch is not the Anti-Christ

kepha31

Jun 15, 2007
✟44,439.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
In Relationship
I have come to the belief that Mankind, as a whole, Man, is the antichrist. Represented by several specific men over time. Only God knows exactly, but Nero, Hitler, Napoleon, the Presidency, the Pope, Elvis, Santa Claws, and Stalin in my book. We are evil. Only God is good. And both are in us. The one you feed and nurture is who rules you.

Those who claim to be in a state of grace and righteousness-Jesus said,"you say that if you lived in the time of the prophet that you would not have taken part in killing them, proving that you are the sons and daughters of those who did". Anyone who claims holiness or righteousness is not looking at their self through Gods word. "Forgive me Father, a sinner", and you are forgiven. Peace
The first 40 popes were killed by pagan Romans. The harlot-duh-babble-on psychos never mention this.
A sure sign of a religious charlatan is the claim that the Vatican sits on the 7 hills of Rome. A look at any map shows this to be false.

400px-Seven_Hills_of_Rome.svg.png
After distorting the text and history to read what they want into the Bible, and thereby obtaining God's "blessing" on their hatred of the Catholic Church, some "Christians" ignore the only texts of Scripture which tells us about the religious leanings of the Antichrist. In St. John's letters (1 John 4, 2 John 1), he tells us that the spirit of the Antichrist denies the Incarnation (the Son of God becoming man) and thereby also the Trinity (the Father and the Spirit, too). THIS IS THE SPIRIT OF ANTI-CHRIST.

There is not a single text in 2000 years, including the new Catechism of the Catholic Church, where the Catholic Church, her popes, her bishops, her official teachings, her saints, or her acknowledged ecclesiastical authors, deny the Word-made-flesh or the Blessed Trinity. Instead, all of Christianity owes the preservation of these Truths to the Catholic Church, whose great Councils formulated them and whose saints and popes have defended them to this day, often at the cost of martyrdom.

The Catholic Church does not have the spirit of the Antichrist but of God, since no one without the Spirit can say "Jesus is Lord" (1 Cor. 12:3), something the Church and Catholics always have done and continue to do!

Last edited:
Upvote 0

mikeangel

Mar 7, 2017
usa
✟19,868.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I hope you don't have children of your own. A fantasy is not a lie, they are harmless to children who need them as part of their development. Santa Clause represents goodness and kindness, and if you want to turn that into something sinister, then you have my sympathy.

Yes I do have kids. And I lied to them about this. I was not innocent in this.

So, we have a difference of opinion on what is fantasy, or a lie.

Peter pan, or Cinderella etc. etc. that are "stories" are fantasies. To tell your kid that they are real, is a lie. And lies have no part in the truth.

Telling your kid that Santa is real, and supporting that idea when asked questions by your kid, is lying.

Otherwise, the legal system would be useless. The truth is the truth, no matter how the lawyer in your head rationalizes it.

This is one reason that we are in the horrible mess we are in in society. The truth is compromised with this and many other lies. We are fallen and sinful. And this breaks Gods commandment. It is false witness. And so is "All Gods are part of the true God", "All roads lead to heaven". Fantasy or lie?

May God send Jesus soon and save us from ourselves. Peace

Upvote 0

mikeangel

Mar 7, 2017
usa
✟19,868.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I hope you don't have children of your own. A fantasy is not a lie, they are harmless to children who need them as part of their development. Santa Clause represents goodness and kindness, and if you want to turn that into something sinister, then you have my sympathy.

By the way, I have a question for you. I see that you are Catholic. As part of the celebration of Mary during May, The church has brought over the Statue of her from Fatima. It is traveling the country from parish to parish, and people are traveling hundreds of miles to see it. They say novinas and want to spend time with it and touch it, expecting possible miracles. Is that Idolatry?

Upvote 0

kepha31

Jun 15, 2007
✟44,439.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
In Relationship
By the way, I have a question for you. I see that you are Catholic. As part of the celebration of Mary during May, The church has brought over the Statue of her from Fatima. It is traveling the country from parish to parish, and people are traveling hundreds of miles to see it. They say novinas and want to spend time with it and touch it, expecting possible miracles. Is that Idolatry?
If they are venerating the statue, then yes, it would be idolatry. But any Catholic with 2 functioning neurons knows they are not venerating a statue, but the person it represents.
Do Catholics Worship Statues? | Catholic Answers

Upvote 0

Phil 1:21

Apr 3, 2017
United States
✟144,842.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Exodus 20:4-5 “You shall not make for yourself an image in the form of anything in heaven above or on the earth beneath or in the waters below. You shall not bow down to them or worship them…”

God is very clear on the issue.

murti%2Bpuja.jpg

Last edited:
  • Agree
Reactions: W2L
Upvote 0

mikeangel

Mar 7, 2017
usa
✟19,868.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
If they are venerating the statue, then yes, it would be idolatry. But any Catholic with 2 functioning neurons knows they are not venerating a statue, but the person it represents.
Do Catholics Worship Statues? | Catholic Answers

Then there are hundreds of thousands of Catholics without two functioning neurons. And when they are out of Purgatory for it they will be forgiven because at least they believe in Jesus. Blasphemes against God and Jesus will be forgiven

Upvote 0

Albion

Facilitator
Dec 8, 2004
✟583,842.00
Country
United States
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Married
In other words, some do and some don't. Unfortunately, the church itself and its clergy encourage both groups in their personal devotions.

Upvote 0

Wolf_Says

Aug 19, 2016
USA
✟30,512.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
In other words, some do and some don't. Unfortunately, the church itself and its clergy encourage both groups in their personal devotions.
Thats enough Albion, you know that Catholics DO NOT worship statues.

We worship nobody besides God, we honor Mary and the saints. The statues are merely a reminder of them, and are used as a focal point.

Catholic bashing is alive and well here, I see.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Wolf_Says

Aug 19, 2016
USA
✟30,512.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Try to calm yourself; I was just agreeing with our Catholic friend who said that some do.
He never said that, and you are twisting his words to find the loophole.

He said any Catholic with 2 functioning neurons. You are twisting it for your own hilarious purpose to bash Catholicism.

Upvote 0

mikeangel

Mar 7, 2017
usa
✟19,868.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Thats enough Albion, you know that Catholics DO NOT worship statues.

We worship nobody besides God, we honor Mary and the saints. The statues are merely a reminder of them, and are used as a focal point.

Catholic bashing is alive and well here, I see.

So, expecting blessings from touching a statue is like being reminded?

Once when I went to a parish mission from a visiting priest, he had a "Icon" picture in a frame, and the church filed in procession up to it and either kissed it or touched it. Reminder? Really?

Catholic bashing? When honest "fly on the wall" observations and questions are "Catholic bashing", it is the same misguided blind devotion that enabled the priest abuse scandal. Only God is perfect and holy. Peace

Reactions: Phil 1:21
Upvote 0

mikeangel

Mar 7, 2017
usa
✟19,868.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
The point to this thread, is that even though the Church is human and imperfect, and does things that the rest of Christianity shakes it's head at, it is not the antichrist. The antichrist is mankind. No matter how holy you convince yourself you are, you are as far as the heavens are to the earth from Gods holiness.

The men who were around the beginning of the Christian church's beginning, were imperfect. And to quote them in rationalizing sinful actions, do not make the wrong actions right. This is a rationalization of worshiping the created, not the creator, at the same time saying it is not doing the very same thing, pertaining to the same "shrine" at Fatima-

"Saint Jerome declared, “We do not worship, we do not adore, for fear that we should bow down to the creature rather than to the creator, but we venerate the relics of the martyrs in order the better to adore Him whose martyrs they are” (Ad Riparium,i,P.L., XXII, 907).

Father Luis Kondor*, Postulator for the Cause of the Beautification of Francisco and Jacinta Marto and Lucia Dos Santos presented a 1st class relic in November 2005 at his residence in Fatima, Portugal to Mrs. Judy Studer. She graciously accepted these sacred items of a piece of the holm-oak tree on which Our Blessed Mother appeared in Fatima and relics of Jacinta and Francesco. These sacred remains are encased in a small gold reliquary.

Father Kondor requested that this gift relic travel with the United Nations Pilgrim Virgin Statue. In a final request, Father Kondor asked that Ms. Studer use the reliquary to bring hope and healing to all sick people and especially to share the story of Fatima with children.

Father Kondor (d. November 2009)

The word relic comes from the reliquiae, meaning “remains.” A reliquary is a shrine that houses one or more relics."

See? One more time in case you missed it-"bring hope and healing to all sick people "

A piece of a tree is not something to "venerate" "worship" or expect healing from. Only God has power. And no matter how you explain this, it is idolatry by definition. No matter who you quote. Peace

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Albion

Facilitator
Dec 8, 2004
✟583,842.00
Country
United States
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Married
The point to this thread, is that even though the Church is human and imperfect, and does things that the rest of Christianity shakes it's head at, it is not the antichrist.
That's true. This thread supposedly focuses on that particular accusation, which is quite a strong one and basically unprovable.

The antichrist is mankind.
I wouldn't go that far, however. ;) Scripture does speak of the anti-Christ in more precise terms than that.

Upvote 0

mikeangel

Mar 7, 2017
usa
✟19,868.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I wouldn't go that far, however. ;) Scripture does speak of the anti-Christ in more precise terms than that.

That was really general. IMHO the antichrist is the same as the beast under the harlot in Revelations, with its 7 horns(complete evil). The horns are the different antichrist that have been throughout history (Nero, Napoleon, Hitler, Stalin etc.) The last one will be the worst one who leads Mankind astray from God, claiming to be God and doing fake miracles sitting in his temple (the church). IMHO Elvis, whose musical revolution was like letting a genie out of bottle. Society went in freefall, misleading the young like the pied piper. The Beatles came and made it worldwide more than he did. Just read the Lyrics. BUT, there is a little of him in all of us. If you accept Jesus you are forgiven though. Jesus will come and put an end to it. Peace

Upvote 0

Albion

Facilitator
Dec 8, 2004
✟583,842.00
Country
United States
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Married
That was really general.
Yes. I think it's important that we first understand that the term does not refer to a broad movement, cause, a trend or anything like that. It is identified in Scripture with a certain individual.

Upvote 0