Nov 4, 2007
California
Visit site
✟20,269.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Private
I would like to offer that through the Catholic Charismatic Renewal, The Lord is doing some amazing things in the Body of Christ. One of the foremost is helping bridge the gap between Catholics and Protestants. We are able to pray together. I know because so many protestant Christians have come to our prayer group and were in fellowship and prayer with us. Secondly, the renewal is reminding the Church, as a prophetic voice should, to focus our hearts upon the simple truth that Jesus is Lord. If you've ever been to a Life in the Spirit Seminar, you will know what I am referring to. We proclaim so much that Jesus has to be the center of our thoughts and deeds. Jesus is Lord, and He must be Lord of your life! The church needs prophetic voices and, by golly, we are one!

peace in Christ!

mikecheong

Aug 18, 2012
Penang
✟7,641.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
The Catholic church needs the fire of God again! There was once a mighty move oi fthe spirit that swept through the churches, especially in Asia! but now, sadly..the fire had seemed to died down. Youths are running away from the Catholic church because it had become so mundane and dis-connected from the church. The chruch doesnt even encourage worship songs that are spirit lead anymore! All worship must now be based on some planned paper and a time frame. We need the freedom and the the practice of power by the Holy spirit that was already released from the day of Pentecost to be revived again! The harvest is plenty, but the workers are few....we have to continue to pray for our warriors to rise up!

Upvote 0

Rev Randy

Sometimes I pretend to be normal
Aug 14, 2012
Florida,USA
✟25,153.00
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
I would like to offer that through the Catholic Charismatic Renewal, The Lord is doing some amazing things in the Body of Christ. One of the foremost is helping bridge the gap between Catholics and Protestants. We are able to pray together.
There is unity in the Holy Spirit. I'm an Charismatic Orthodox which seems to not be as rare as I thought. We also have interdenom prayer groups and missions. I've found though the Holy Spirit and even through works our differences seem to pale.
In Christ Fr. Randy:priest:

Conserva me, Domine

Upvote 0

vanillaicecream

Melting...
Dec 20, 2012
✟19,996.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
I would like to offer that through the Catholic Charismatic Renewal, The Lord is doing some amazing things in the Body of Christ. One of the foremost is helping bridge the gap between Catholics and Protestants. We are able to pray together. I know because so many protestant Christians have come to our prayer group and were in fellowship and prayer with us. Secondly, the renewal is reminding the Church, as a prophetic voice should, to focus our hearts upon the simple truth that Jesus is Lord. If you've ever been to a Life in the Spirit Seminar, you will know what I am referring to. We proclaim so much that Jesus has to be the center of our thoughts and deeds. Jesus is Lord, and He must be Lord of your life! The church needs prophetic voices and, by golly, we are one!

peace in Christ!

I'm so blessed to have been able to join a community which was born because of the Catholic Charismatic Renewal. And I've also been to many Life in the Spirit Seminars together with other youth and we're hooked! The Holy Spirit truly is irresistible! I believe there will be revival for the years to come and more souls will come back to Him. Amen! :pray:

Upvote 0

Rhamiel

Member of the Round Table
Nov 11, 2006
ohio
✟241,111.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
I'm so blessed to have been able to join a community which was born because of the Catholic Charismatic Renewal. And I've also been to many Life in the Spirit Seminars together with other youth and we're hooked! The Holy Spirit truly is irresistible! I believe there will be revival for the years to come and more souls will come back to Him. Amen! :pray:

I do not have much experience with the Catholic Charismatic Renewal
what can you tell me about it?

Upvote 0

vanillaicecream

Melting...
Dec 20, 2012
✟19,996.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
I do not have much experience with the Catholic Charismatic Renewal
what can you tell me about it?

Not much. :sorry:
I guess it arrived in the Philippines during 1980s. By the following years the fire spread to different parts of our country and many catholic charismatic communities were born.
For our youth community, some of our activities are Life in the Spirit Seminars, General Prayer Meetings, Growth seminars, cell groups, fellowships, worship concerts, healing masses, vigils, Fire Seminar, GIG(God is Good), etc. :angel:

Upvote 0

jannikitty

wise ole owl
Nov 22, 2011
Pacific NW.
✟28,248.00
Country
United States
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Widowed
Politics
US-Others

peace in Christ!

I was involved in the renewal back in the mid-late 1970's. Have been reading that it is springing up again and that part of it is unity with other Christians in prayer. thanks for this post..:)

Upvote 0

comeholyghost

Jan 26, 2013
Arkansas
✟7,611.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
We as christian need more unity with one another, rather than the division that exists today. I am a cradle catholic and I have had a lot of emotional and spiritual struggles over the last few months. There were times that I even struggled with going to Mass and actually did not attend. This left me even more empty, lost and alone. i began to feel a great need for closeness with Christ. My very close friend who was aware of my struggles is a practicing Pentecostal. She had invited me to attend a service with her and I did. The love that I observed for our Lord during that service was overwhelming. I felt and have felt since a great need to be close to the Lord. It has been a great renewal in my spirit and my yearn to learn more and more about our Lord and Savior and his great love for us. I am currently seeking a local charismatic and/or cursillo group. I am hoping to get the spark of the Holy Spirit in our community and church. I am so excited and hope that God leads me or someone to light the spark in our hearts. So many young people are looking to fill that God shaped void but are falling away. I want to attend Mass because my heart longs to be with The Lord and give praise to him, not just because I feel obligated to attend or because it is tradition. I am so glad to have found a forum to express myself with other people of faith.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Rhamiel

Member of the Round Table
Nov 11, 2006
ohio
✟241,111.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
We as christian need more unity with one another, rather than the division that exists today. I am a cradle catholic and I have had a lot of emotional and spiritual struggles over the last few months. There were times that I even struggled with going to Mass and actually did not attend. This left me even more empty, lost and alone. i began to feel a great need for closeness with Christ. My very close friend who was aware of my struggles is a practicing Pentecostal. She had invited me to attend a service with her and I did. The love that I observed for our Lord during that service was overwhelming. I felt and have felt since a great need to be close to the Lord. It has been a great renewal in my spirit and my yearn to learn more and more about our Lord and Savior and his great love for us. I am currently seeking a local charismatic and/or cursillo group. I am hoping to get the spark of the Holy Spirit in our community and church. I am so excited and hope that God leads me or someone to light the spark in our hearts. So many young people are looking to fill that God shaped void but are falling away. I want to attend Mass because my heart longs to be with The Lord and give praise to him, not just because I feel obligated to attend or because it is tradition. I am so glad to have found a forum to express myself with other people of faith.
God bless you sister!!!
I am so happy that you have found that JOY that belongs to those who walk with our Lord Jesus Christ!

Upvote 0

Gxg (G²)

Pilgrim/Monastic on the Road to God (Psalm 84:1-7)
Site Supporter
Jan 25, 2009
Good Ol' South...
Visit site
✟160,220.00
Faith
Oriental Orthodox
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others

peace in Christ!

Praise the Lord:cool:

Grew up experiencing the Charismatic Catholic movement on my side of the street - as my mother was saved growing up with it and seeing it. And in the West Indies, services were always very lively. From clapping to singing and truly seeing God's prescence.

Seeing some of the connections between the Charismatic movement and Catholics is interesting. And with the Catholic side of things, its has always been intriguing to witness how many have noted that Benny Hinn is similar to those who are Catholic Mystics. For Benny Hinn was often noted for saying how much of his background was related to Catholic circles connected with the Charismatic Movement....as the Charismatic Movement was noted for beginning in liturgical circles like Catholicism. He spoke on his Catholic background in books such as [URL="https://books.google.com/books?id=FjfSAwAAQBAJ&pg=PA133&dq=Benny+Hinn+Catholic+nuns&hl=en&sa=X&ei=vh2cVNWXGMeqNr3PgegH&ved=0CDUQ6AEwAg#v=onepage&q=Benny%20Hinn%20Catholic%20nuns&f=false"]The Blood: Experience Its Power to Transform You and He Touched Me. Seeing that Hinn was born in Israel, raised in the Greek Orthodox Church, and attended Roman Catholic schools as a child, its not all that surprising to see how often I'd notice Hinn giving references to things within the Catholic Church[/URL] (even though he did critique it).

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jCilBdsiMos

The man even went to visit/pay his respects to the Pope when the man died...as seen here:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NgMA0ZDGxn8

Of course, in general, Benny is very ecumenical with Catholics wherever he goes. Often, nuns will be at the meetings he attends.

Within the Catholic Church, it seemed that the Charismatic Movement had an extensive reach throughout that paticular liturgical circle and many were blessed by it.....and alongside that, the same could be on Early Church History within the first 3 centuries of the Church as noted by many of the Church Father. For the sake of Historical Accuracy when it comes to Charismatic Renewal, one resource I know of that has been very beneficial is entitled Charismatic Gifts in the Early Church: An Exploration into the Gifts of the Spirit During the First Three Centuries of the Christian Church”….……..and it has been a tremendous blessing on the issue , as Dr. Ronald Kydd provides an objective, informative analysis based on the early-church fathers and concludes “that what emerges from a study of the sources is the picture of a Church which is strongly charismatic up until around AD 200.”

For more info, See especially the articles by Richard Riss, “Tongues and Other Miraculous Gifts in the Second Through Nineteenth Centuries,” in Basileia, 1985...and alongside that, one can go online and investigate the article entitled The Montanists: Heretics or Primitive Christians?. As another said best on the issue:
The presence of Montanism in the early church also provides us with evidence of the continuing operation of the gifts of the Spirit. Aside from the Montanists themselves, numerous church fathers regard the gifts as still valid. For example:
Justin Martyr (a.d. 100-165) boasted to the Jewish Trypho "that the prophetic gifts remain with us" (Dialogue with Trypho, 82).

Irenaeus (a.d. 120-200) also bears witness to the presence of the gifts of the Spirit. He writes:

·"We have heard of many of the brethren who have foreknowledge of the future, visions, and prophetic utterances; others, by laying-on of hands, heal the sick and restore them to health" (Against Heresies, 2:32,4).

·"We hear of many members of the church who have prophetic gifts, and, by the Spirit speak with all kinds of tongues, and bring men's secret thoughts to light for their own good, and expound the mysteries of God" (Against Heresies, 5:6,1).

·"It is impossible to enumerate the charisms which throughout the world the church has received from God" (Against Heresies, 2:32,4).

Eusebius himself concludes that the charismata were all still in operation down to the time in which Irenaeus lived (Ecclesiastical History, 5:7,6).

Apollinarius is quoted by Eusebius as saying that "the prophetic gifts must continue in the church until the final coming, as the apostle insists" (EH, 5:16,7).

Epiphanius, perhaps the most vocal opponent of the Montanists, did not attack them because they practiced the gifts of the Spirit. Indeed, he declared that "the charism [of prophecy] is not inoperative in the church. Quite the opposite. . . . The holy church of God welcomes the same [charisms] as the Montanists, but ours are real charisms, authenticated for the church by the Holy Spirit" (Panarion, 48).

Last edited:
Upvote 0