The Canterbury Alehouse (24) - Another year over, and a new one just begun....

Status
Not open for further replies.

.Sabre.

Aliens ate my custom title.
Site Supporter
Sep 6, 2006
Chasing the sun's fading light
✟40,588.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
UK-Liberal-Democrats
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

b.a.t

Love the Lord with all your heart.
May 3, 2005
liverpool
✟31,265.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Matthew ch 27 v 45-54

45 Now from the sixth hour there was darkness over all the land unto the ninth hour. 46 And about the ninth hour Jesus cried with a loud voice, saying, Eli, Eli, lama sabachthani? that is to say, My God, my God, why hast thou forsaken me? 47 Some of them that stood there, when they heard that, said, This man calleth for Elias. 48 And straightway one of them ran, and took a sponge, and filled it with vinegar, and put it on a reed, and gave him to drink. 49 The rest said, Let be, let us see whether Elias will come to save him. 50 Jesus, when he had cried again with a loud voice, yielded up the ghost. 51 And, behold, the veil of the temple was rent in twain from the top to the bottom; and the earth did quake, and the rocks rent; 52 And the graves were opened; and many bodies of the saints which slept arose, 53 And came out of the graves after his resurrection, and went into the holy city, and appeared unto many. 54 Now when the centurion, and they that were with him, watching Jesus, saw the earthquake, and those things that were done, they feared greatly, saying, Truly this was the Son of God.

Upvote 0

b.a.t

May 3, 2005
liverpool
✟31,265.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Mark ch 15 v 33-39

33 And when the sixth hour was come, there was darkness over the whole land until the ninth hour. 34 And at the ninth hour Jesus cried with a loud voice, saying, Eloi, Eloi, lama sabachthani? which is, being interpreted, My God, my God, why hast thou forsaken me? 35 And some of them that stood by, when they heard it, said, Behold, he calleth Elias. 36 And one ran and filled a sponge full of vinegar, and put it on a reed, and gave him to drink, saying, Let alone; let us see whether Elias will come to take him down. 37 And Jesus cried with a loud voice, and gave up the ghost. 38 And the veil of the temple was rent in twain from the top to the bottom. 39 And when the centurion, which stood over against him, saw that he so cried out, and gave up the ghost, he said, Truly this man was the Son of God.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Andy Broadley

quam pulchra es amica mea quam pulchra
Oct 14, 2004
Grimsby. England
✟535,043.00
Faith
Salvation Army
Marital Status
Married
Politics
UK-Labour
I know what it,s like I was like that for 8 yrs thats why I changed jobs 2 yrs ago..

I work 4 on 4 off so I just fell unlcky this year. I had Christmas off though

Upvote 0

Andy Broadley

quam pulchra es amica mea quam pulchra
Oct 14, 2004
Grimsby. England
✟535,043.00
Faith
Salvation Army
Marital Status
Married
Politics
UK-Labour
Thats good I used to work christmas, easter and most sundays:(
Now i dont work any of them :)

My supervisor tries to do a rota that is fair to everyone at Christmas and Easter. I got last Christmas off and I think I've got ths Christmas too, so don't feel inclined to push my luck too much:D

Just the luck of the draw. Can't close the dock, so people have to work.

Upvote 0

b.a.t

May 3, 2005
liverpool
✟31,265.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
My supervisor tries to do a rota that is fair to everyone at Christmas and Easter. I got last Christmas off and I think I've got ths Christmas too, so don't feel inclined to push my luck too much:D

Just the luck of the draw. Can't close the dock, so people have to work.

lol
My old job was looking after the elderly and disabled in their own homes. It go to the point where I was working a sixty to seventy hr week and never had time for anything else.
My boss didn't care that I was a christian and one year when I said i wanted christmas morning off he just said no you don't have to go to church its not compulsory or life threatening.
So i handed in my notice and changed jobs.

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.