Luceat Lux Vestra
Feb 17, 2005
St Louis
✟150,656.00
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
In Relationship
OH! LOL I did not make it past the couch scene with all the horrible dialogue. I just wanted see what Paris looked like. She was so typical. I thought she was good though in House of Wax LOL. I really was cheering for her in the car scene!! hahaha

Upvote 0

SparkyMaddie

Luceat Lux Vestra
Feb 17, 2005
St Louis
✟150,656.00
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
In Relationship
:( It was a bunch of men...lazy men trying to solve a very typical kidnapping. I felt Arnold should have been in more than one scene..it's not funny really. I thought it would be somewhat,maybe you'll think dif. Come back and see me when you do so I can hear what you thought!

Upvote 0

CelticGrace

Legend
Sep 1, 2004
Mesquite, Texas
✟38,987.00
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
it's grown on me the more I've watched it. And it's still not the worst Indy film. That will always be Temple of Doom. At least I'll watch Indy 4. I won't even watch Temple of Doom unless I'm forcing myself to do a complete Indiana Jones marathon.

Upvote 0

pilgrimgal

Jeremiah 29:11 It's good!
Apr 9, 2006
USA
✟25,368.00
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Married
Last night on TV I saw a very boring movie which is competing in my experience with, yes, boring films like "Indiana Jones and the Temple of Doom." as mentioned here.

It is "The Pride and the Passion."
Frank Sinatra's accent is bad (Hoboken keeps slipping in to the point of comedy but it is a serious drama; he is totally miscast.) Cary Grant not much better but at least playing an Englishman so no phony accent. And, what can I say about Sophia Loren..who looks good and acts well in even a boring movie. Main character and best part is played by a huge cannon. (I mean a big gun which fired off 95 lb cannon balls). Set in Spain over 200 years ago and filmed in the 1960's..nice cinematography and special effects. But that is all..very boring to hang in there to a disappointing end. Better to see Sophia and Cary in "Houseboat." Great movie!

Reactions: Zoooma
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

CelticGrace

Legend
Sep 1, 2004
Mesquite, Texas
✟38,987.00
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
I'll never watch Lady in the Water, on principle... it was directed and written by M. Night Shyamalan. The last of his movies that I watched was Signs... and I've regretted it ever since. The last one I watched and enjoyed was Unbreakable.

Upvote 0

Zoooma

Hating Living :(
Mar 15, 2010
Hudson River Valley, NY
✟19,360.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Go into every movie with an OPEN MIND!!!!
You never know what you might like even if many people hated it.
I recently had that experience with Jersey Girl. Not many people liked it.
But if I was some schlub who listened to what others thought and dismissed the movie on their recommendations,
I'd've missed a good movie!

That's all.
This has been a Zoooma Public Service Announcement looking out for your potential viewing pleasure.
You may resume regular posting activity :D

Upvote 0

SparkyMaddie

Luceat Lux Vestra
Feb 17, 2005
St Louis
✟150,656.00
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
In Relationship
I'll never watch Lady in the Water, on principle... it was directed and written by M. Night Shyamalan. The last of his movies that I watched was Signs... and I've regretted it ever since. The last one I watched and enjoyed was Unbreakable.

I kinda feel the same,he disappoints. I think he wants to be a Stephen King,lacks the artistic ability to really deliver.Interesting ideas though.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.