Country
New Zealand
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Dear friends,

I want to raise an important topic.

In the passage below we read of three keys to overcoming and being effective for Jesus.

Rev 12:11
“Now the salvation, and the power, and the kingdom of our God and the authority of His Christ have come, for the accuser of our brethren has been thrown down, he who accuses them before our God day and night. 11 And they overcame him because of the blood of the Lamb and because of the word of their testimony, and they did not love their life even when faced with death. 12 For this reason, rejoice, O heavens and you who dwell in them. Woe to the earth and the sea, because the devil has come down to you, having great wrath, knowing that he has only a short time.”

Each of these three would seem to be descriptive of how victorious believers acted.

So the Blood of the Lamb...

At passover the Blood of the Lamb was physically smeared on the House over the doorway.
One sacrificed Lamb for each Household.

Now I know references on this subject are scant but the Holy Spirit leads us into all Truth.

I pretty much pray daily for our house and property to be covered by the Blood of the Lamb.

I pray for angels to minister here and the presence of the Holy Spirit to be strong.

Like the Armour of God has to be put on, we similarly apply the Blood.

Now I am well aware that there are different views on this and no one should be surprised that such a central matter of faith will be hotly contested.

Some will insist that doing this is little more than superstition, nonsense, even witchcraft.

This would seem to be a very important topic to get right.

What is God saying ?

Jonaitis

Soli Deo Gloria
Jan 4, 2019
Wyoming
✟124,638.00
Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Libertarian
Now I know references on this subject are scant but the Holy Spirit leads us into all Truth. I pretty much pray daily for our house and property to be covered by the Blood of the Lamb. I pray for angels to minister here and the presence of the Holy Spirit to be strong. Like the Armour of God has to be put on, we similarly apply the Blood. Now I am well aware that there are different views on this and no one should be surprised that such a central matter of faith will be hotly contested. Some will insist that doing this is little more than superstition, nonsense, even witchcraft. This would seem to be a very important topic to get right.

What is God saying?

It is unbiblical and superstition IMO, but I respect it, brother.

I consider everything that we do and say and think to be covered by the Blood of the Lamb, so I don't think I would go to the extent as you would, but let your faith determine that.

Upvote 0

Carl Emerson

Dec 18, 2017
Auckland
✟381,812.00
Country
New Zealand
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
It is unbiblical and superstition IMO, but I respect it, brother.

I consider everything that we do and say and think to be covered by the Blood of the Lamb, so I don't think I would go to the extent as you would, but let your faith determine that.

Hi Jonaitis...

Do you think 'putting on' the armour of God is superstitious ?

Do you think praying for angelic protection is superstitious ?

I have a friend new in Jesus who wanted to put anointing oil on the door of his house - he was a doctor over 6 feet tall - the power of God overcame him and he fell backwards down several concrete steps - he was deeply respectful of God and totally uninjured.

Was this superstition as well ???

By the way these are serious questions - I am not trying to be contentious - dont take anything personally... :)

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Mr. M

Mar 9, 2020
Prescott, Az
✟42,024.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Celibate
11 And they overcame him because of the blood of the Lamb and because of the word of their testimony, and they did not love their life even when faced with death.
Hebrews 9:14 How much more shall the blood of Christ,
who through the eternal Spirit offered himself without
spot to God, purge your conscience from dead works
to serve the living God?

Overcoming by the blood of the Lamb is conscience
cleansing, and
therefore, the word of the testimony
is such as with the example of the apostle Paul.

Acts 23:1 Then Paul, looking earnestly at the council,
said, Men and brethren, I have lived in all good
conscience before God until this day.

Paul presents this truth as a central tenet
2 Corinthians
1:12
For our boasting is in this:
the testimony of our conscience
that we conducted ourselves in the world
in simplicity and godly sincerity, not with
fleshly wisdom but by the grace of God,
and more abundantly toward you.

4:2 But we have renounced the hidden things
of shame, not walking in craftiness nor handling
the word of God deceitfully, but by manifestation
of the truth commending ourselves to every
man’s conscience in the sight of God

5:11 Knowing, therefore, the terror of the Lord,
we persuade men; but we are well known to God,
and I also trust are well known in your consciences.

And His Conclusion On The Matter
Acts 24:16 This so, I myself always strive to have
a conscience without offense toward God and men.

• Agree
Reactions: Rachel20
Upvote 0

Carl Emerson

Dec 18, 2017
Auckland
✟381,812.00
Country
New Zealand
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I am wondering if those who journey out of spiritual darkness into the light of Christ and are called from time to time to minister in deliverance are more aware of these issues as part of their training in the spirit for the ministry they are called to...

Upvote 0

Mr. M

Mar 9, 2020
Prescott, Az
✟42,024.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Celibate
Upvote 0

tturt

Senior Veteran
Site Supporter
Oct 30, 2006
✟803,200.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Carl Emerson agree with your OP.

We put on God's armor. (Eph 6:11).

At the passover, there was acknowledgement and paying respect to God. They applied the lamb's blood "...strike it on the two side posts and on the upper door post of the houses,..." It was the sacrifice atonement for the house, the family (even small families united as one). It resulted in deliverance and protection for those who submitted and obeyed God's instructions. God was their great deliverer. (including Exo 12).

When we're believers, Jesus' blood cleanses, purifies, covers. delivers, protects, heals, grants entrance privileges ("...boldness to enter into the holiest...,"), makes His people holy, redeems, reconciles us to the Father,, sanctifies, and justifies us - and more. (I John 1:9; I John 1:7; Heb 9:12-14, 10:22; Psa 91; Isa 53:5; Heb 10:19, 13:12; I Peter 1:18-19; Eph 2:13; Heb 10:14; Rom 5:9).

Last edited:
  • Agree
Reactions: ElenaMaria_9
Upvote 0

Carl Emerson

Dec 18, 2017
Auckland
✟381,812.00
Country
New Zealand
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
This is the only question that I saw proposed
by the OP, and that is what I am answering.

Thanks MM...

I don't really think the scriptures regarding conscience have anything to do with the defeat of the angel of death but I could be wrong...

Upvote 0

Mr. M

Mar 9, 2020
Prescott, Az
✟42,024.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Celibate
I don't really think the scriptures regarding conscience have anything to do with the defeat of the angel of death but I could be wrong...
You want to limit the understanding of
the blood of the Lamb to the Exodus,
but as my post lays out, there is much
more to it than that. Notice I never
mention an angel of death in my post.
You quoted Revelation 12:11 in the OP.
My response was clearly directed to that
reference.
Are you saying that praying the blood
over your home is what Revelation 12:11
is referring to?
Angel of death? No.
The word of our testimony!

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Mr. M

Mar 9, 2020
Prescott, Az
✟42,024.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Celibate
Upvote 0

Carl Emerson

Dec 18, 2017
Auckland
✟381,812.00
Country
New Zealand
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Then in what logical way was this a response
to what I posted?

I guess the Blood of Jesus has many functions - one of which is the cleansing of the conscience.

In Exodus we learn that the Blood of the Lamb protects from death.

Upvote 0

Rachel20

May 30, 2020
STX
✟58,109.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Overcoming by the blood of the Lamb is conscience
cleansing, and
therefore, the word of the testimony
is such as with the example of the apostle Paul.

Acts 23:1 Then Paul, looking earnestly at the council,
said, Men and brethren, I have lived in all good
conscience before God until this day.

I agree the conscience must be what's in focus here, because it's the accuser (and his accusations) that are overcome -

“Now the salvation, and the power, and the kingdom of our God and the authority of His Christ have come, for the accuser of our brethren has been thrown down, he who accuses them before our God day and night. 11 And they overcame him because of the blood of the Lamb and because of the word of their testimony, and they did not love their life even when faced with death. 12 For this reason, rejoice, O heavens and you who dwell in them. Woe to the earth and the sea, because the devil has come down to you, having great wrath, knowing that he has only a short time.”

For the law having a shadow of good things to come, and not the very image of the things, can never with those sacrifices which they offered year by year continually make the comers thereunto perfect.
For then would they not have ceased to be offered? because that the worshippers once purged should have had no more conscience of sins.
But in those sacrifices there is a remembrance again made of sins every year.
For it is not possible that the blood of bulls and of goats should take away sins. Hebrews 10:1-5

• Informative
Reactions: Mr. M
Upvote 0

mourningdove~

"Pray, and prepare ..."
Site Supporter
Dec 24, 2005
✟445,663.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Widowed
I pretty much pray daily for our house and property to be covered by the Blood of the Lamb.

I pray for angels to minister here and the presence of the Holy Spirit to be strong.

Thank you for sharing this.

It has been so many years, since I have heard anyone talk about the Blood of Jesus in this way.

But reading your post has reminded me of many things I have heard in the past ...
songs that use to be song ... the way persons use to pray ...
and the books I have up in the attic on the subject!
(This is some 'learning' I need to refresh ...)

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

ElenaMaria_9

Jun 7, 2022
South West England
✟17,359.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Celibate
I guess the Blood of Jesus has many functions - one of which is the cleansing of the conscience.

In Exodus we learn that the Blood of the Lamb protects from death.

I don't "plead the blood" daily but I do remind my

Upvote 0

ElenaMaria_9

Jun 7, 2022
South West England
✟17,359.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Celibate
Carl Emerson agree with you OP.

We put on God's armor. (Eph 6:11).

At the passover, there was acknowledgement and paying respect to God. They applied the lamb's blood "...strike it on the two side posts and on the upper door post of the houses,..." It was the sacrifice atonement for the house, the family (even small families united as one). It resulted in deliverance and protection for those who submitted and obeyed God's instructions. God was their great deliverer. (including Exo 12).

When we're believers, Jesus' blood cleanses, purifies, covers. delivers, protects, heals, and justifies us - and more.

I don't plead the blood every day but I do remind myself am covered by that blood and I have 100% redemption and forgiveness through it .

I rest in that truth . I pray and when I pray it is with knowing I am covered

I expect there is more to it than that as @ Carl Emerson says

• Agree
Reactions: tturt
Upvote 0

SANTOSO

Jul 15, 2020
Jakarta
✟236,770.00
Country
Indonesia
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Dear friends,

I want to raise an important topic.

In the passage below we read of three keys to overcoming and being effective for Jesus.

Each of these three would seem to be descriptive of how victorious believers acted.

So the Blood of the Lamb...

At passover the Blood of the Lamb was physically smeared on the House over the doorway.
One sacrificed Lamb for each Household.

Now I know references on this subject are scant but the Holy Spirit leads us into all Truth.

Now I am well aware that there are different views on this and no one should be surprised that such a central matter of faith will be hotly contested.

Some will insist that doing this is little more than superstition, nonsense, even witchcraft.

This would seem to be a very important topic to get right.

What is God saying ?
Beloved one, you quoted Revelation 12:10-12, and emphasized on Revelation 12:11.

If we are to understand what God is saying, we must understand what we heard first:

The Revelation of Jesus Christ, which God gave Him to show His servants—things which must shortly take place. And He sent and signified it by His angel to His servant John,”
‭‭Revelation‬ ‭1:1‬ ‭NKJV‬‬

So what you quoted in Revelation 12:10-12, God is saying the revelation of Jesus Christ.
If not the revelation of Jesus Christ, we can be assured that the interpretation is wrong.

Your concern for quoting the Scriptures in Revelation 12:10-12, that you considered three keys to overcoming and being effective for Jesus, that you read, and you are considering what is God saying.

I consider that we should not follow a pattern of 3 keys or 1-7 points or top ten ways to overcome and be effective for Jesus, for Jesus never taught us that manner.

For we heard:
“Let a man so consider us, as servants of Christ and stewards of the mysteries of God.”
‭‭I Corinthians‬ ‭4:1‬ ‭NKJV‬‬

I say that there is nothing wrong for you and others to pray daily for your house and property to be covered by the blood of Jesus Christ.

For we heard :
“The wicked are overthrown and are no more, But the house of the righteous will stand.”
‭‭Proverbs‬ ‭12:7‬ ‭NKJV‬‬

For we are made righteous by the blood of Christ, that we received the redemption that is in Christ Jesus, so we are justified by His grace, that our house in Christ, that will stand .
Also we heard:
“The earth is the Lord’s, and all its fullness, The world and those who dwell therein.”
‭‭Psalms‬ ‭24:1‬ ‭NKJV‬‬

So there is nothing wrong to pray for what we have, for we are of the Lord.

There is nothing wrong to pray for angels to minister here and the presence of the Holy Spirit to be strong.

For we heard:
“Are they not all ministering spirits sent forth to minister for those who will inherit salvation?”
‭‭Hebrews‬ ‭1:14‬ ‭NKJV‬‬

So we can pray that the Lord sends His angels to minister us who will inherit salvation.

Yes, there is nothing wrong to pray to the Lord, Holy Spirit, that He manifests His presence strong here.

About applying the blood, this is what we have heard:
whom God set forth as a propitiation by His blood, through faith, to demonstrate His righteousness, because in His forbearance God had passed over the sins that were previously committed,”
‭‭Romans‬ ‭3:25‬ ‭NKJV‬‬

Yes, we can apply the blood of Christ through faith.

Now, let us perceive and understand what God is saying in Revelation 12:10-12.

“And I heard a loud voice saying in heaven, Now is come salvation, and strength, and the kingdom of our God, and the power of his Christ: for the accuser of our brethren is cast down, which accused them before our God day and night.”
‭‭Revelation‬ ‭12:10‬ ‭KJV‬‬

Paraphrasing: “And I heard a loud voice saying in heaven” ; and I heard or that I understand saying in the heaven or in the
spiritual realm.

“Now is come salvation, and strength, and the kingdom of our God, and the power of his Christ:”; now is come or in NKJV now have come, salvation, that is, Jesus Christ. Now have come strength, that is, Jesus Christ.
Now have come the kingdom of our God, that is, God reigns as king in the spiritual realm, or God reigns as king in our minds.

For we heard:
“For those who identify with their old nature set their minds on the things of the old nature, but those who identify with the Spirit set their minds on the things of the Spirit. Having one’s mind controlled by the old nature is death, but having one’s mind controlled by the Spirit is life and shalom. For the mind controlled by the old nature is hostile to God, because it does not submit itself to God’s Torah — indeed, it cannot. Thus, those who identify with their old nature cannot please God.”
‭‭Romans (Rom)‬ ‭8:5-8‬ ‭CJB‬‬

Now have come God reigns in our minds, that the Spirit of God rules our minds.

Now have come the power of Christ, that is life and shalom: for the accuser of our brethren is cast down, which accused them before our God day and night.

If we are no longer accused, we are absolved or cleared or redeemed or justified by His grace, for we are the Lord’s brethren, that our enemy, the devil is cast down. So we should stand trusting, that now Jesus Christ saves us, that He strengthens us through His Spirit, that we should let His Spirit reigns in our minds, and now have come the power of Christ, for we were raised to be justified by His grace, whom God sets as a propitiation by His blood through faith.

Next, we heard:
“And they overcame him by the blood of the Lamb and by the word of their testimony, and they did not love their lives to the death.”
‭‭Revelation‬ ‭12:11‬ ‭NKJV‬‬

Beloved ones, we heard that we overcame the enemy by the blood of the Lamb.

Also this, we heard:

“And if you call on the Father, who without partiality judges according to each one’s work, conduct yourselves throughout the time of your stay here in fear; knowing that you were not redeemed with corruptible things, like silver or gold, from your aimless conduct received by tradition from your fathers, but with the precious blood of Christ, as of a lamb without blemish and without spot. He indeed was foreordained before the foundation of the world, but was manifest in these last times for you who through Him believe in God, who raised Him from the dead and gave Him glory, so that your faith and hope are in God.”
‭‭I Peter‬ ‭1:17-21‬ ‭NKJV‬‬

So Jesus Christ was manifest in these last times for us who through Him believe in God, who raised Him from the dead and gave Him glory, so that our faith and hope are in God.

So we overcame the enemy by the blood of the Lamb because our faith and hope are in God.

Paraphrasing:
And they overcame him by the blood of the Lamb and by the word of their testimony, and they did not love their lives to the death.”

Beloved ones, we overcame the enemy by the word of our testimony, that we spoke the testimony of the Lord or the instructions of the Lord, for we are encouraged or strengthened by the Spirit of His word, for by His instructions of truth that we overcame the enemy, that we didn’t love our lives to the death, that we died with Christ, that we may live to God in Christ Jesus our Lord.

For we heard:
“Now if we died with Christ, we believe that we shall also live with Him, knowing that Christ, having been raised from the dead, dies no more. Death no longer has dominion over Him. For the death that He died, He died to sin once for all; but the life that He lives, He lives to God. Likewise you also, reckon yourselves to be dead indeed to sin, but alive to God in Christ Jesus our Lord.”
‭‭Romans‬ ‭6:8-11‬ ‭NKJV‬‬

So we reckon or consider that we ourselves to be dead indeed to sin, but alive to God in Christ Jesus our Lord.

Now let us paraphrase Revelation 12:12.
“Therefore rejoice, O heavens, and you who dwell in them! Woe to the inhabitants of the earth and the sea! For the devil has come down to you, having great wrath, because he knows that he has a short time.””
‭‭Revelation‬ ‭12:12‬ ‭NKJV‬‬

Therefore, we who have the mind of Christ, let us rejoice, that is, we who dwell in the Spirit, that we dwell in the words that Christ have spoken!

How we may paraphrase what we heard:”Woe to the inhabitants of the earth and the sea”

that is, woe to those who have inhabit the old earth, that is, woe to those who inhabit with old nature.

About woe to the sea, that is, woe to those who inhabit the wisdom of the world or the wisdom of the serpent.

For we also heard:
“Then I stood on the sand of the sea. And I saw a beast rising up out of the sea, having seven heads and ten horns, and on his horns ten crowns, and on his heads a blasphemous name.”
‭‭Revelation‬ ‭13:1‬ ‭NKJV‬‬

So let us not rise up out the wisdom of the serpent or the world, but our Lord Jesus Christ should be our wisdom, our holiness and
our righteousness.

Let us continue paraphrasing:”For the devil has come down to you, having great wrath, because he knows that he has a short time.”

For the devil has come down those who inhabit the old nature and inhabit the wisdom of the world, having great wrath, because he knows that he has a short time.

This has revealed to us through His Spirit.

For this we heard:
But God has revealed them to us through His Spirit. For the Spirit searches all things, yes, the deep things of God.”
‭‭I Corinthians‬ ‭2:10‬ ‭NKJV‬‬

Reactions: Joined2krist
Upvote 0

SANTOSO

Jul 15, 2020
Jakarta
✟236,770.00
Country
Indonesia
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
“These things we also speak, not in words which man’s wisdom teaches but which the Holy Spirit teaches, comparing spiritual things with spiritual.”
‭‭I Corinthians‬ ‭2:13‬ ‭NKJV‬‬

To God the Father be all glory and thanksgiving through Christ. Amen.

Beloved ones also consider, what Jesus said:

Reactions: Joined2krist
Upvote 0

SANTOSO

Jul 15, 2020
Jakarta
✟236,770.00
Country
Indonesia
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
“Jesus answered them and said, “My doctrine is not Mine, but His who sent Me. If anyone wills to do His will, he shall know concerning the doctrine, whether it is from God or whether I speak on My own authority. He who speaks from himself seeks his own glory; but He who seeks the glory of the One who sent Him is true, and no unrighteousness is in Him.”
‭‭John‬ ‭7:16-18‬ ‭NKJV‬‬

Upvote 0