The Bird Box- It is time we as His church off our blindfolds

Gideons300

Our awakening is beginning. Prepare to be amazed.
Jun 26, 2015
Maryville, Tennessee
✟109,977.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
I am not sure how many of you have watched the Netflix movie “Birdbox”. It really doesn’t matter. But in this movie, something happens to life as we know it and people start committing suicide simply by looking at something. The world is peaceful one day and the next it is holy hell. The main character with her two young children must go on a harrowing journey...... blindfolded.

I just read an Oped on the movie, and it hit the nail on the head as to why it has broken all Netflix records and did so in its first week. Here is what the author said...

“..... because we’re living under a shadow threatening to shred the thin safety net of stability that stands between polite if troubled society and annihilating strife and anarchy. That any moment it’s all going to come apart.”

Is this not the truth? Overpopulation, wars and fears of THE war, global warming, polluted water, trade wars, fears of stock market collapse, mass immigration problems, evil ever increasing in frequency and intensity, the shrinking middle class, the exponentially growing hatred in our politics, mass shootings, senseless violence. It is hard to block out. Almost impossible. Yet, we as the church are doing a darned good job trying.

Sunday after Sunday, we go to church and smile and nod, get emotionally lifted from the din we call this world for 90 minutes, but instead to drawing nearer to our Lord in these disintegrating times, instead of embracing the truth that this world is not our home, and acting accordingly, we put on our smiles, get innoculated with just enough of the truth to make us comfortable in our prison cells of our socially acceptable sins, our pleasures and our ever-present love of self and return home to watch football, or a soap opera, or a nice trip to the mall. remaining oblivious to the fact that we indeed are in the last days.

To the naysayers, who want you to believe that men have always said that we are in the final days upon earth and that life always goes on, they are right. Men have always said such things. But unless one has a blindfold on, wanting desperately to ignore what is becoming increasingly obvious to even those in the world such as the author above, we are all headed for a cataclysmic next 30 years.... and that is being overly optimistic.

Consider. The population of the earth as it stands is almost 8 billion. That is far more than all the lives that have been lived in the last 6000 years. In thirty years. Double that. 16 billion. All wanting the good life. A car. A nice house. Safety. Plenty of food on the table. Available land will decrease significantly, heat will become intolerable, just as Revelations tells us. I will go no further. My point is not to depress you. It is to wake you up to where we are, so that we can do something about it. And what is that. Awaking to WHO we are.

You see, we all want peace and safety for ourselves, for our loved ones. But it will not be found on this earth. And any preacher who tells you you can have it now are leading you on a path that will not end well. At all. The blind leading the blind.

So what is the answer for us as believers? Is there one? Oh, yes! Praise God, yes! But we have to do something.

We have to take off our blindfolds.

And just like in the movie, we have to stare at what we perceive as the danger we all so desperately want to avoid, and we have to, by choice of will, commit spiritual suicide. We have to die to self. If we are to walk on the path that leads to life, we have no choice but to do so. How do I know this? Because Jesus himself told us.

“If any man will come after me, let him deny himself, and take up his cross, and follow me. For whosoever will save his life shall lose it: and whosoever will lose his life for my sake shall find it.”

Matthew 16:24-25

Brothers and sisters, it is time we awoke to the truth of who we are. If we are truly born again, we are not of this world. We are not old natures beings which by their very nature will love pleasure, safety, and our own self-interests. We have been made new creatures, and when we finally embrace that, everything changes. It is the mother of all paradigm shifts. But until we do, we may be saved, but we are far from SAFE.

Our citizenship is in Heaven. But we have all lost sight of that. We want to cling to the notion we can have our cake and eat it too. The problem is, we have relegated the life to be our primary residence, and most have simply uttered a prayer thinking it safeguards them for the next as well. It does not, for unless a man or woman HATES their life as an old natured being, they CANNOT be His disciples.

So what do we need desperately to awake to? With the truth firmly in mind that our death to self has already been accomplished and our resurrection to newness of life in Him has been accomplished as well, we must finally, by an act of faith, actually embrace that as our truth, hating our old life as He told us we MUST. Unless we do, we will be swept away in the avalanche of darkness that is about to come upon the earth, just as surely as Lot’s wife could not part with her life in Sodom and was turned into a pillar of salt.

Church, Jesus tells us that we.... His people..... are the salt of the world. We are to be the preservative that keeps weeds from overtaking the lives of those around us. We are to be the spice that displays to others that living in Him makes our life here sweet, meaningful and palatable even in the darkest of days.

But listen, I pray you and listen closely. We as His people have lost our savour. We have a name that we live, but inside we are dead. We fight tooth and nail against one another, defending our “doctrines” as the only correct ones. But doctrines are simply the skeleton that is to give life its correct shape. And skeletons do not possess life. They are just dry bones.

We have left our first love. We have lost the joy of our salvation. We are hot towards the things in the world, but at best lukewarm towards that things of God. He is simply a safety net, a place to run to when things go badly in the world. We are using God while wanting the best in this life for US rather than to live for Him as His joy-filled servants.

There is an answer to our grave condition. But until we finally admit our pitiful state, and stop defending our actions, our lack of love, our worldliness, our making a fair show in the flesh as the best God can do trying to convince the world that what we call Christianity is “normal” Christianity, the dark cloud on the horizon will get ever closer, and the danger to us will grow ever larger.

Jesus told the parable about His people in the latter days who were told that their master cometh, yet with one accord began to make excuses as to why things in this life were more pressing. I am telling you now, as clearly as I can.

Our Master cometh. Soon.

Will we be like those who made excuses to their continuing to feed the old fleshly nature? Know this. Those who did so did so to their own destruction. I pray all who read these words let them deep inside your hearts. God has something for us in these last days that will blow our minds. Walking in the new man cannot be described. It must be experienced. But first we must tell God that we hunger and thirst for Him..... AND His righteousness..... more than we want US. At ANY cost. ALL your pearls. I promise you, the pearl of great price will stagger us in it’s worth.... in this life and the next.

Live, bones, live

Blessings,

Gideon

Gideons300

Jun 26, 2015
Maryville, Tennessee
✟109,977.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Guys, I know what I have shared is hard to read. We so want things to continue as they are, in peace and safety, live long healthy prosperous lives, and then either be raptured away before anything bad happens, or die peacefully in our sleep with a smile on our faces.

But Jesus has told us that in the last days perilous times shall come. Difficulty and persecution, trials and tribulations is to be our lot. He said that if they persecuted Him, they would persecute us. Period. No one looks forward to such a life.... unless they are dead to the old nature.

You see, Jesus told us to not let our hearts be troubled. Imagine! How can one read the above and NOT let them be troubled.... even terrified? If we are walking in our old nature, and have never reckoned the old us as dead, if we have not put on our new man by a radical act of faith, trusting solely on the fact that Jesus told us to do so, such a walk of rest will be impossible.

We have tried our best to insulate ourselves from the truth. We have heaped to ourselves teachers and pastors who assure us that all is well, and God will not let us suffer. How could a loving Father allow that? We have so wanted to avoid any discomfort in our spiritual lives that we have run with itching ears to anyone who will tell us ‘good’ things, even if they are untrue.

The Lord has shown me clearly that a darkness is coming that is without precedent on the earth. True followers of the Lord will be killed by others claiming to be His disciples, and be so blinded that they think they are “doing God’s work”.

So how..... HOW.... is it possible to walk in the peace He promises us and not let our hearts be troubled? In our own efforts, it simply is not. But, dear saints, it is not our efforts that gain us the peace that passes all understanding. Our Father promises to GIVE it to us.

But if this is the case, why hasn’t He? Why are we forced to squash down our deep seeded fears, avoid talking about the seriousness of our situation, pretending like all will be well even though we know that darkness is coming? Why do we rest content with service after service, Sunday after Sunday, as we try our best to close our eyes and ears to what we so plainly see happening in the world?

What is it that we are missing? Why is our take on Christianity such a shallow one, as we avoid every mention of those ‘hard’ verses that challenge our very lives? It is quite simple, in truth. As a whole, with but few exceptions, despite what the Word teaches us, we are walking still in our old natures. Do we not see? We have died to that old traitor, ridden with sin and self love. We have risen from the dead to newness of life. That is the very meaning of our ‘born again’ experience.

But like Lazarus, even though we who are His have been resurrected from the dead, we are still bound in our grave clothes of unbelief and unyieldedness. It is time we cast them off by a definitive act of reckoning faith, and finally confess that the old us is dead, that sin has no more authority over us, that our God can and will cause us.... yes CAUSE US..... to will AND to do of His good pleasure.... and, praise God, that we will LOVE IT!

God is awakening us to the truth of who we are, but in order to walk in the benefit of that truth, we must come to the point of hating our old nature. It cannot and will not submit to Him in all things. It cannot love as God longs for us to love. And for sure, it cannot walk in peace, abiding in the Son, and this can never experience the amazing closeness our Lord longs to have with us.

We are all approaching the valley of decision. You see, in truth we are and never have been free. We are either servants to sin or servants to our God. A choice waits every single one of us. I pray you are not deceived here. Life and death lie in the choice we make. Either we fall on the Lord, yield ourselves completely to the hands of the master Potter, and trust Him to do for us what we cannot do, cause us to walk victoriously OR the weight of the truth will fall on us and crush us to powder. We cannot serve two masters. Thank God He is giving us time to get our houses in order. I cannot stress enough the value of the pearl of great price. His glory indwelling us....well, words do not suffice.

I pray every one here take these words as words of truth, love and encouragement. We need not fear what the devil can or will do to us. He is a defeated foe. It is time we believed that in every aspect of our lives, greater is He who is in us than he who is in the world.

Live, bones, live.

Blessings,

Gideon.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Not me

Righteousness is right and not me.
Feb 26, 2018
California
✟263,440.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Walking in the new man cannot be described. It must be experienced. But first we must tell God that we hunger and thirst for Him..... AND His righteousness..... more than we want US. At ANY cost. ALL your pearls. I promise you, the pearl of great price will stagger us in it’s worth.... in this life and the next.

The degree of truth, in this few words, is just staggering.

It is the doorway to all that a good man's heart craves for. As it is the cure, for all that ails Christendom as a whole.

To be willing to enter into death, rather than lose fellowship with God. Blessings to all that are willing to search this truth out.

Much love in Christ, Not me

• Agree
Reactions: anna ~ grace
Upvote 0

Gideons300

Jun 26, 2015
Maryville, Tennessee
✟109,977.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
The degree of truth, in this few words, is just staggering.

It is the doorway to all that a good man's heart craves for. As it is the cure, for all that ails Christendom as a whole.

To be willing to enter into death, rather than lose fellowship with God. Blessings to all that are willing to search this truth out.

So good to see you again, dear brother. My prayer is that any who read these words are pricked in their hearts, and like Saul, soon to be Paul, found on the road to Damascus, that it is hard to kick against the pricks. Paul’s words, they must become our words.

“What would you have me to do, Lord?”

My prayer is that we as a whole do not wait for war, famine, depression or persecution to seek His face. How much more pleasing to Him are those who believe without seeing, or being chastened in order to surrender all, for this is the secret to being able to believe ALL.

Blessings,

Gids

Upvote 0

LookuntoYeshua

ציאקאק
Dec 9, 2018
United States
✟54,531.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Upvote 0

Not me

Righteousness is right and not me.
Feb 26, 2018
California
✟263,440.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
So good to see you again, dear brother. My prayer is that any who read these words are pricked in their hearts, and like Saul, soon to be Paul, found on the road to Damascus, that it is hard to kick against the pricks. Paul’s words, they must become our words.

“What would you have me to do, Lord?”

My prayer is that we as a whole do not wait for war, famine, depression or persecution to seek His face. How much more pleasing to Him are those who believe without seeing, or being chastened in order to surrender all, for this is the secret to being able to believe ALL.

Blessings,

Gids

Just got a chance to read and catch up on your posts, some good stuff there!

To those that are willing to ask, and search these truths out for themselves, will most assuredly, find the truth in your posts, an be most blessed by them.

blessings,

ps, Had a lady from church give me some homemade Jalapeno jelly. That's some good stuff! (and no I ain't sharing) lol :)

• Friendly
Upvote 0

LookuntoYeshua

ציאקאק
Dec 9, 2018
United States
✟54,531.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
And just like in the movie, we have to stare at what we perceive as the danger we all so desperately want to avoid, and we have to, by choice of will, commit spiritual suicide. We have to die to self. If we are to walk on the path that leads to life, we have no choice but to do so. How do I know this? Because Jesus himself told us.

“If any man will come after me, let him deny himself, and take up his cross, and follow me. For whosoever will save his life shall lose it: and whosoever will lose his life for my sake shall find it.”
Read the underlined above last night, and thought it was so powerful.
In church today, a beloved brother whom I consider light-years ahead of me in the knowledge of God, confessed that he was a mess!
It was so refreshing to hear, but me thinks that he's more deader to self than he thinks because he doesn't care what man thinks!
He just wants the Truth! Praise God and rejoice evermore!

• Agree
Upvote 0

Gideons300

Jun 26, 2015
Maryville, Tennessee
✟109,977.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Read the underlined above last night, and thought it was so powerful.
In church today, a beloved brother whom I consider light-years ahead of me in the knowledge of God, confessed that he was a mess!
It was so refreshing to hear, but me thinks that he's more deader to self than he thinks because he doesn't care what man thinks!
He just wants the Truth! Praise God and rejoice evermore!
How right you are, dear sister. God is clear to us in His Word. When we are in sin, or coldness has replaced our joy, and thus the light of life inside us has grown dark and dim, what can we do to glow brightly again? We simply must break before God and tell Him we have slipped badly.

“Only acknowledge thine iniquity, that thou hast transgressed against the Lord thy God, and hast scattered thy ways to the strangers under every green tree, and ye have not obeyed my voice, saith the Lord.”

Jeremiah 3:13

We cannot “do better”. No matter how hard we may try to, we will fail to please God with our own efforts. But praise God, though things may look impossible to us, and we may have fallen into grievous and heinous sin, with our backs to the wall, He knows what our flesh is capable of, with no exceptions. That is why they who are in the flesh cannot please God. Oh, that we might learn that!

Do we not see? God has promised to MAKE US victorious. But that victory can only be found in our walking in our new man, having reckoned the old us, the fleshly us, the us that loves sin, self and things of the world, as DEAD.

We as believers have made a god of our free will. I thank God for such a gift. But do you know what our ultimate sacrifice to our Lord is? To lay our free will on the alter and ask God to make us bond servants, melting our will into His for us. never to leave His side again.

Is this not exactly what the prodigal son did upon his humbling return to the Father? “I am no longer worthy to be called a son” he tearfully confessed. “Just let me serve you”. And with those few words, he discovered the secret of walking in real sonship, and the pleasure it brought to the heart of the Father.

How many of us, myself at the forefront, have tried our best to enjoy OUR life, with God neatly folded up in our back pockets for emergencies. But we cannot find the rest God has for us in THIS life, nor the ability to stand up to satan’s attacks without wavering, until like the prodigal, we truly see our old nature as a filthy robe that must be put off, not just cleaned up.

God has a robe of righteousness for us to slide into, which is a brand new nature that allows us to abide in Him all day, every day. He promises that He will actually cause us.... yes, you read that right.... CAUSE US.... to obey Him, and love doing so. May God enlarge our faith to believe that!

May God open our eyes to who we are and expose the lies we have all believed. He will make us victorious over the world and its baubles, the flesh and its desires, and the devil and his never ending temptations and accusations. Our Father longs to plant our feet on the high ground as victorious overcomers, shields of faith raised high, shining as lights in the midst of an ever-darkening world.

The day is coming when no man can work. The time to fall before the Lord in brokenness, as this dear brother you mentioned did, is today. No one is guaranteed tomorrow. May God give us all no rest in seeking Hos face to shine upon us, and to set us free indeed, just as our Lord promised us.

Friends, I promise you this. If we are sincere, and cry out to Him to save us from US, He will not fail nor disappoint us. He is fixing to do a work in our day that if our eyes did not see it.... and walk in it... we would not believe it even possible.

Blessings to all,

Gideon

Upvote 0

LookuntoYeshua

ציאקאק
Dec 9, 2018
United States
✟54,531.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
“Only acknowledge thine iniquity,
that thou hast transgressed against the Lord thy God,
and hast scattered thy ways to the strangers under every green tree,
and ye have not obeyed my voice, saith the Lord.”

This is a most full and sobering verse of Scripture. As soon as you posted it, my heart was pricked with every line.

If we know that we are called to be His, and His alone, as is the Shulamite, “I am my Beloved’s and He is mine”, I must have a single eye, an eye, like faith, that moves Him. Anything less is spiritual whoredom/sin.

He said
that if I do not take up my cross daily and deny self, I am not worthy of Him. All things that were gain for me, I count as loss. That which is in and of the spirit of this world, the lust of the eyes, the lust of the flesh and the pride of my own power, must be broken.

'God is a God of order, everything as it ought to be'. That speaks to me, in part, of casting down imaginations and every thing that exalts itself against and above knowing Him as Reality; humbling myself under His Mighty Hand, and bringing every thought into subjection to Him, so that my speech can be ordered of God and be the truth. And be blessed of God.

'God doesn’t bless a lie' and He is not a liar. Let God be true and every man a liar.

It sounds like a ‘formula’, but God is making all of the above, and more, so real to me.

As He is. in this world, so are we, or ought to be.
He is coming for a 'company' (companions) of believers, called out ones, a Bride, or whatever metaphor is applied.
If you do the will of My Father, you are My brother, sister, mother...friend. It only gets sweeter.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Gideons300

Jun 26, 2015
Maryville, Tennessee
✟109,977.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
This is a most full and sobering verse of Scripture. As soon as you posted it, my heart was pricked with every line.

If we know that we are called to be His, and His alone, as is the Shulamite, “I am my Beloved’s and He is mine”, I must have a single eye, an eye, like faith, that moves Him. Anything less is spiritual whoredom/sin.

He said
that if I do not take up my cross daily and deny self, I am not worthy of Him. All things that were gain for me, I count as loss. That which is in and of the spirit of this world, the lust of the eyes, the lust of the flesh and the pride of my own power, must be broken.

'God is a God of order, everything as it ought to be'. That speaks to me, in part, of casting down imaginations and every thing that exalts itself against and above knowing Him as Reality; humbling myself under His Mighty Hand, and bringing every thought into subjection to Him, so that my speech can be ordered of God and be the truth. And be blessed of God.

'God doesn’t bless a lie' and He is not a liar. Let God be true and every man a liar.

It sounds like a ‘formula’, but God is making all of the above, and more, so real to me.

As He is. in this world, so are we, or ought to be.
He is coming for a 'company' (companions) of believers, called out ones, a Bride, or whatever metaphor is applied.
If you do the will of My Father, you are My brother, sister, mother...friend. It only gets sweeter.
Thank you for your heartfelt comments. It WILL only get sweeter if we will simply tell the Lord that we have strayed and need Him in us to lead us to the light He has for us.

As far as sobering scriptures, there is one I feel that tops the list. It is found in the parable of the talents. Luke 17 I believe. After the lazy servant had even that which he had originally been entrusted taken away, the angry master made this statement. I have never heard it preached on in church. And truth be told, most likely no one else reading these words has either.

“Then bring all those who would not have me to reign over them and slay them before me.”

Why do we fear giving ourselves to God to let Him fully watch over us, and take responsibility as the master potter for our growth in Him? Fear and unbelief are simply flip sides of one another.

Oh, saints, going about it our way, trying to get the pearl of great price by giving over our measly pearls one at a time, or not at all, how is that going for us? As a whole, we are empty, lukewarm, worldly, insecure, fearful and smack of religion, not life. And yet our amazing God STILL patiently awaits us to turn back to Him.

Running into Jesus, surrendering all, is the only thing that matters. It has always been so. But in this late hour, we are being awakened to a choice. Him in us, with us fully trusting, never leaving His side, or us with our religion of Christianity as our security, which will offer no security at all.

It is called the valley of decision, and the results of the choice we make will echo into eternity. Oh, I pray for all of us, that we let God draw us back to Him alone. A shaking is coming and everything will be shaken, so that only the Lord and His own shall remain. How pleasing it is to God to make the choice now, before the darkness truly arrives. To wait is to risk eternity, no matter what preachers may have told us.

Blessings,

Gideon

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

LookuntoYeshua

ציאקאק
Dec 9, 2018
United States
✟54,531.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
I agree. Your verse trumps my verse.

But his citizens hated him, and sent a message after him, saying, We will not have this man to reign over us. Luke 19:14

But these enemies of mine, who did not want me to reign over them, bring them here and slay them in my presence. Luke 19:27

I hope this is okay that I will be so bold as to post what one brother cited in his thread:

“As Christians, our goal should be to have Christ rule in us. The only thing stopping this from happening is "us". We are told in Scripture that when "Christ died, we died", this is the only way to come from under the power of "self". For our separation from God is our fall into the life of this world. It is the life of this world that keeps us separated from God. So it is the giving up or "denying self" which is the one thing necessary. For a "will" other than this, is saying the same thing the Jews did, when they said "We will not have this Man rule over us;" except, it says "we will not have this man rule in us". Self or the life of this world is all the evil that we possess, for "we" are our worst enemy. It is "us" that cause us all our problems, so a complete death to "us" is what's necessary. But "Praise be to God" we have such a total and complete salvation in Christ. For Christ came to die, so that when He died, we died, that we might be "born again" (or a new creation) to a living hope, where it would be as natural to behave, as the fallen nature is to misbehave, for that which is "born of God sins not". Why you might ask, is the life of this world so bad? It is because the life of this world elevates itself above that which is right."

All Glory to God...for anyone interested, this brother has posted, IMO, the best-encapsulated understanding of ‘self’ that I’ve ever read. [see link below] The paragraph posted above was only the beginning of what he wrote. It helped me incalculably. I dropped out of the school of Christ on and off for a few years so this made up a few grades for me, I think.

Like a sister said once...if you're pregnant, it shows. If you're walking in newness of life...it shows.

Growning in Christ.

Upvote 0