texas
✟59,367.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
@benelchi @frienden thalord @Winken @PeaceJoyLove @bekkilyn @HeLeadethMe @Hidden In Him

The Pope Commemorates The Reformation That Split Western Christianity

Gerard O'Connell, Vatican correspondent for the Jesuit magazine 'America', says the Pope's participation in commemorating the Reformation is proof of the extraordinary change in Catholic-Lutheran relations.

The Pope's trip is in keeping with his efforts to reach out to other branches of Christianity — like the Russian Orthodox Church — and other faiths, including Islam and Judaism.

There are three remaining areas of division: the question of the Universal Church and papal primacy; the priesthood, which includes women in the Lutheran church; and the nature of the Eucharist or Holy Communion.

Pope Francis, who is obsessed with climate change and global warming much much more than being concerned with the slaughter and persecutions of Syrian and Iraqi Christians, is also pushing hard for
a return to the "Mother Church."

13 And I saw three unclean spirits like frogs come out of the mouth of the dragon, and out of the
mouth of the beast, and out of the mouth of the false prophet.
14 For they are the spirits of devils, working miracles, which go forth unto the kings of the earth and of the whole world, to gather them to the battle of that great day of God Almighty.
Revelation 16:13-14
What does love of money and power do,
It is the root of all evil. She is HUNGRY and now wants IT ALL. control over all christain religions, heck control over ALL religions.

• Agree
Reactions: HeLeadethMe
Upvote 0

frienden thalord

Apr 9, 2017
texas
✟59,367.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
I have a saying, heck I might have heard it even,
all roads sure do seem to be leading back to Rome.
BUT ONLY ONE WAY leads to GOD. Christ.
choose peoples , come out of her that ye receive not of her plagues, for her sins have reached to heaven.
Mystery Babylon. the MOTHER of ALL HARLOTS....................who is this mystery Babylon
SHE IS that great CITY .
I have a question. IS their a church that has its own city. we might want to investigate that .
How come all the convenants and etc seem to steem from the city of Rome?
Its just odd to me. I know Jerusalem was like that.
but is their any other that its church is actually a city or is it just Jerusalem.

Upvote 0

benelchi

INACTIVE
Aug 3, 2011
✟17,798.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
What's the deal with Rick Warren? I saw his name popping up in some of the posts above. I've read his Purpose Driven Life a while back, but I'm not really fond of the whole mega-church movement, so haven't paid him too much attention. Has he been vocally supporting missionaries who deny the divinity of Christ?

I would be supportive of interfaith efforts when it comes to working together for common causes like cleaning up the environment or disaster relief or human rights issues, things like that, but I would be very much against compromise when it comes to basic Christian doctrine, so would not at all support a one world religion even without any discussion of biblical prophecy involved.

The Missions pastor (Meulenberg) at Saddleback (Warren's church) has been promoting the idea that one can come to saving faith through Islam for quite a while. I know missionaries who have discussed this with Meulenberg and Warren, and Warren is fully aware of these issues (and supports his mission's pastor). When a reporter exposed some of this, Warren lied about what was happening, claiming that the issue involved a small bible study in which no pastors of Saddle back were involved, and that the document that defined the agreement with the mosque was unknown to Saddleback staff. The reporter, responded with a substantial amount of proof demonstrating that Warren had lied i.e. Among the things he provided were pictures of Meulenberg in front of 300 people with the King's way document on the screen behind him. Additionally, there are pictures of Meulenberg teaching the kingdom circles prior to the events documented by the OCregister reporter.

Here are pictures of Meulenberg teaching the kingdom circles.

Here is a video that describes the kingdom circles shown in the picture above.

Here is a picture of Meulenberg in front of the meeting that Warren claimed that no pastor of saddle back had attended.

The writer of the original article in the Orange County Register, Jim Hinch, has released a portion of the King's Way document. Is this an interfaith document that gives the impression that Muslims and Christians worship the same God? You be the judge:

1. The primary source for this story was a five-page document jointly drafted by Abraham Meulenberg, a Saddleback pastor in charge of interfaith outreach, and Jihad Turk, director of religious affairs at the Islamic Center of Southern California, a mosque in Los Angeles. The document was unveiled at a December, 2011 dinner at Saddleback Church attended by approximately 300 Saddleback members and members of Southern California’s Muslim community. At the dinner a Powerpoint presentation described the document, and the King’s Way outreach effort which inspired the document, as “a path to end the 1,400 years of misunderstanding between Muslims and Christians.” The document, which was given to me by a source for this story on condition it not be published in its entirety, outlines several areas of theological agreement between Christians and Muslims and commits members of both faiths to three goals: becoming friends; making peace; and sharing “the blessings of God with others.” Here is how the document describes the points of theological agreement: I. WHO: we believe in ONE GOD: 1. God is one (Mark 12:29; Muhammed 47:19)
2. God is the Creator (Genesis 1:1; Al Shura 42:11)
3. God is different from the world (1 Timothy 6:16; An An’am 6:103)
4. God is Good
a. God loves (1 John 4:16; Al Buruj 85:14)
b. God is just (1 John 1:19, Romans 3:26; Hud 11:45)
c. God’s love encompasses God’s judgment (1 Peter 4:8; Al A’raf 7:156; Al Ghafir 40:7) The Register story based the phrases “same God” and “one God” on the phrasing in this document, which states that Christians and Muslims believe in one God.

2. Rick Warren initially posted a comment to the article claiming that the article contained “multiple errors.” That comment was later deleted, I presume by Warren. After seeing that comment I reached out to Warren’s director of communications. On Monday, Feb. 27 a Saddleback representative called and told me that while the Register story was factually accurate, folks at Saddleback would prefer that the opening paragraph read “Muslims and Christians believe that God is one.” Following a discussion with a Register editor Saddleback decided to withdraw its request for a clarification. At no time has anyone at Saddleback said to me or to anyone else at the Register that the story contains factual inaccuracies.

3. Warren states in his white paper that “no one even talked to me about that article!” I made numerous attempts to contact Warren, both by phone and by e-mail, before the story was published. I was eventually told by Warren’s director of communications that Warren was too busy with other projects to speak with me or to e-mail a response to the story’s main claims, which I had e-mailed to the communications director. Instead I was put in touch with Tom Holladay, an associate senior pastor at Saddleback. I ran all of the story’s claims by Holladay and he affirmed all of them, including the language of the King’s Way document and the fact that King’s Way was an effort to build bridges of friendship and cooperation, not an attempt to evangelize. During my conversation with Holladay I asked whether the King’s Way effort, including the December dinner and the theological document, was done with Rick Warren’s approval. “Of course it has his approval,” Holladay replied. It is neither fair nor accurate to claim that this story was published without attempting to solicit Rick Warren’s response.

4. Warren claims in his white paper that it is “flat-out wrong” that either he or members of Saddleback have promised not to evangelize the Muslims they are working with in the King’s Way effort. As I stated above, that was not what I was told by Tom Holladay. Also, every one of the Muslim sources I talked to for this story emphasized that both sides promised not to evangelize one another. Indeed Muslims told me that the promise not to evangelize was one of the things that enabled them to overcome their wariness toward evangelicals and build bonds of friendship. Again, no source for this story, including at Saddleback, ever told me that the intent of the King’s Way effort was to evangelize Muslims. This story, obviously, has generated a great deal of passionate response. I respect Rick Warren’s desire to make his views and intentions clear. However I do not believe it is fair to question the accuracy of the Register’s story or the way it was reported. I have had several conversations with people at Saddleback following the publication of the story, including with the church’s director of communications. Everyone I have talked to from the church has told me that the story is entirely factually accurate but they wish certain phrases had been worded differently. However, since those phrases stem directly from a printed document whose authenticity no one has questioned, everyone agrees that there is nothing in the story to correct.

Upvote 0

Waggles

Acts 2:38
Site Supporter
Feb 7, 2017
South Oz
Visit site
✟112,244.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Widowed
The Missions pastor (Meulenberg) at Saddleback (Warren's church)
One has only to apply spiritual discernment in respect to Rick Warren's published books to understand
how suss and wrong a ministry can be.
Like Rome and the Popes they can mouth all the correct type of belief and doctrine, but in the end it is a false gospel.

Upvote 0

Waggles

Acts 2:38
Site Supporter
Feb 7, 2017
South Oz
Visit site
✟112,244.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Widowed
but is their any other that its church is actually a city or is it just Jerusalem.
Rome another ongoing blasphemy against the truth and purpose of Jesus and the word of God.
Jerusalem 'the city of the great king' - Mount Moriah - Mount Zion - sacred, consecrated beloved by God.
Referred to hundreds of times in the scriptures. The very place that Jesus will return to and walk into to with the saints to
establish his government upon the earth.

Roman Catholicism refers to Rome as the 'Eternal City' - despite no scriptures whatsoever for this claim.
Rome has usurped Jerusalem as the preferred city beloved by God.
How much she hath glorified herself, and lived deliciously, so much torment and sorrow give her: for she saith in her heart, I sit a queen,
and am no widow, and shall see no sorrow. Revelation 18:7

And yet she will be utterly destroyed by nuclear explosion (most probably by Russia).
9 And the kings of the earth, who have committed fornication and lived deliciously with her, shall bewail her, and lament for her, when they
shall see the smoke of her burning,
10 Standing afar off for the fear of her torment, saying, Alas, alas, that great city Babylon, that mighty city! for in one hour is thy
judgment come. Revelation 18:9-10

Upvote 0

Sanoy

Apr 27, 2017
America
✟118,024.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
This will also interfere with their ability to flee as Christian Refugees.

What I'm reading here seems pretty suspicious to be occurring naturally in the church. I wonder if our government is "assisting" missionary work as part of their plan to stabilize that region. They would do it if they thought it would work. That or it's something evil growing in the church.

Upvote 0

HeLeadethMe

Apr 27, 2017
Toronto
✟32,827.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I would be supportive of interfaith efforts when it comes to working together for common causes like cleaning up the environment or disaster relief or human rights issues, things like that, but I would be very much against compromise when it comes to basic Christian doctrine, so would not at all support a one world religion even without any discussion of biblical prophecy involved.

What you are describing IS a one world religion, I'm afraid..............it is using "common causes" to create the interfaith deception........whereas following Jesus means not being yoked together with unbelievers..........and today sadly that even means not being yoked with much of the church because it has fallen away.........as well as those of other religions (heathen).

The way that seemeth right to man leads to death. We must follow and obey the God-breathed holy scriptures or else the strong delusion awaits. As well as Jesus said you must be born again in order to enter the kingdom of heaven.....and then be filled with His Spirit......we need His Spirit to guide us into all truth and open the scriptures to our understanding and help us to follow Him. We can do nothing without Him, the flesh profits nothing. Bless you.

Upvote 0

HeLeadethMe

Apr 27, 2017
Toronto
✟32,827.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
choose peoples , come out of her that ye receive not of her plagues, for her sins have reached to heaven.
Mystery Babylon. the MOTHER of ALL HARLOTS....................who is this mystery Babylon
SHE IS that great CITY .
I have a question. IS their a church that has its own city. we might want to investigate that .

I don't want to confuse or lead anybody astray, so be sure to examine and test this possibility, maybe keep it on a back burner to see what fits or not.........but is it possible that Jerusalem is the mother and Rome is one of the daughters, since Christianity sprang from Jerusalem and the Jews. Book of Revelation and elsewhere identifies Jerusalem as Babylon, Sodom and Egypt. It also explains how the devil is using the Jewish Roots movement to draw believers to.....Jerusalem. Where it appears from scripture that antichrist will have his seat.

Now here is where it might get bogged down though.......the Lord was gracious to help me understand the false prophet is that forerunner spirit which prepares hearts for the antichrist, in much the same way that John the Baptist was the forerunner prophet who prepared hearts for the true Christ. And we have seen the "false prophet" working hard in the evangelical protestant branch of Christianity via ecumenicalism, and Rome is also of the same ecumenical, sin tolerating, everything tolerating spirit, preparing her people. Now this is what I am not quite clear on........but could Rome and the pope possibly become the false prophet........especially if the rest of apostate Christianity comes back under her umbrella, which seems to be what is slowly happening almost by default as a result of falling away from sound doctrine, they are just becoming more like Rome and having more in common with her. I have heard of many evangelical churches that, without any interference from Rome, have begun following similar ritualistic type practices. For these it just seems to be a result of falling away and the Holy Spirit departing, that they fall into these things to fill up the emptiness that the Holy Spirit left behind when He left. I think much like what happened with the Jews when the glory departed.

Anyway, just some thoughts on the table.........awaiting confirmation from the Lord, or to toss it out, but believe it bears considering in light of scripture as well as what is taking place in the world........behind the scenes. I believe we know much more about what Rome is doing than what Jerusalem has been doing behind the scenes. And the two together too. One thing, it would explain why antichrist will have his seat in Jerusalem, not in Rome. But if anybody knows any scripture that would disqualify this, please do bring it. Or that confirms it. Either would be welcome. What days we are living in........the news just keeps getting worse, doesn't it, but we keep looking up.

Upvote 0

HeLeadethMe

Apr 27, 2017
Toronto
✟32,827.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
@benelchi @frienden thalord @Winken @PeaceJoyLove @bekkilyn @HeLeadethMe @Hidden In Him

The Pope Commemorates The Reformation That Split Western Christianity

Gerard O'Connell, Vatican correspondent for the Jesuit magazine 'America', says the Pope's participation in commemorating the Reformation is proof of the extraordinary change in Catholic-Lutheran relations.

The Pope's trip is in keeping with his efforts to reach out to other branches of Christianity — like the Russian Orthodox Church — and other faiths, including Islam and Judaism.

There are three remaining areas of division: the question of the Universal Church and papal primacy; the priesthood, which includes women in the Lutheran church; and the nature of the Eucharist or Holy Communion.

Pope Francis, who is obsessed with climate change and global warming much much more than being concerned with the slaughter and persecutions of Syrian and Iraqi Christians, is also pushing hard for
a return to the "Mother Church."

13 And I saw three unclean spirits like frogs come out of the mouth of the dragon, and out of the
mouth of the beast, and out of the mouth of the false prophet.
14 For they are the spirits of devils, working miracles, which go forth unto the kings of the earth and of the whole world, to gather them to the battle of that great day of God Almighty.
Revelation 16:13-14

Agree, and have also considered for a long time that Rome is complicit in the end time scenario...........though, as I mentioned just a minute ago, have also been considering whether there is more to it as well........that even as the rest of the church is returning to Rome, perhaps Rome with the apostate church in its embrace, is also returning to its mother, Jerusalem. Anyway, something to look at in light of scripture....as well looking carefully at current events.

Climate change.....lots of scientists seem to agree that it is because of man-made carbon emissions, however it makes one suspicious how it is so much part of the global interfaith false religion......and considering how universities are hotbeds of this kind of thinking and exert their own inner politics, prejudices and pressures on their faculties.......it's very possible scientists are also deceived and infected with the strong delusion, so their studies are slanted accordingly.

Upvote 0

GTW27

Aug 31, 2007
Western Pa
✟203,836.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
It is stuff like this that truly indicates just how far we are into the very last of the last days.
The clock is ticking away with only minutes to go until the first big bang.
Keep your eyes on Rome and Jerusalem two cities destined for imminent destruction.

And the real tragedy in all of this are the millions of worldly Christians who have been lied to about
being rescued and taken away before things go really really bad.

Therefore Gods sends upon them a strong delusion, to make them believe what is false, so that all may be condemned who did not believe the truth but had pleasure in unrighteousness.

• Agree
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

GTW27

Aug 31, 2007
Western Pa
✟203,836.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
What does love of money and power do,
It is the root of all evil. She is HUNGRY and now wants IT ALL. control over all christain religions, heck control over ALL religions.

This is known, as the god of gold and silver. In the end, they will call upon it, but it will not save them.

• Agree
Upvote 0

HeLeadethMe

Apr 27, 2017
Toronto
✟32,827.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Just sharing what the Lord just illuminated in His word this morning how antichrist and false prophet go hand in hand:

1 John 4:1-6

Beloved, believe not every spirit, but try the spirits whether they are of God: because many false prophets are gone out into the world.

Hereby know ye the Spirit of God: Every spirit that confesseth that Jesus Christ is come in the flesh is of God:

And every spirit that confesseth not that Jesus Christ is come in the flesh is not of God: and this is that spirit of antichrist, whereof ye have heard that it should come; and even now already is it in the world.

Ye are of God, little children, and have overcome them: because greater is he that is in you, than he that is in the world.

They are of the world: therefore speak they of the world, and the world heareth them.
We are of God: he that knoweth God heareth us; he that is not of God heareth not us. Hereby know we the spirit of truth, and the spirit of error.

The Lord is saying a mouthful here. So, where do we see in Christendom, where the vast majority of them are not born again and do not have Jesus Christ come to dwell in their flesh by the Holy Spirit, where they do not teach that ye must be born again? There, I believe according to this scripture, we find the spirit of the false prophet. Thank you Lord, we give you praise for you alone are worthy of it, and that is the truth.

Upvote 0

benelchi

INACTIVE
Aug 3, 2011
✟17,798.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
What you are describing IS a one world religion, I'm afraid..............it is using "common causes" to create the interfaith deception........whereas following Jesus means not being yoked together with unbelievers..........and today sadly that even means not being yoked with much of the church because it has fallen away.........as well as those of other religions (heathen).

The way that seemeth right to man leads to death. We must follow and obey the God-breathed holy scriptures or else the strong delusion awaits. As well as Jesus said you must be born again in order to enter the kingdom of heaven.....and then be filled with His Spirit......we need His Spirit to guide us into all truth and open the scriptures to our understanding and help us to follow Him. We can do nothing without Him, the flesh profits nothing. Bless you.

I completely disagree with you. IF THERE IS NO DOCTRINAL COMPROMISE, working with those in another faith to meet human physical needs isn't working towards a one world religion. I would be the first to agree that too often the lines are blurred and that is something we need to guard against; however, we should not abandon common decency because someone in another faith is involved.

Upvote 0

bekkilyn

Contemplative Christian
Site Supporter
Apr 27, 2017
USA
✟677,608.00
Country
United States
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Celibate
Politics
US-Others

What I'm describing is just being a good neighbor. For example, there's a huge earthquake in India with lots of people needing lots of help, so various groups including churches work together to help these people. That's not world religion. That's loving our neighbors.

What's different in the case of this missionary organization is that they appear to be trying to water down basic doctrine...doctrine that actually *defines* Christianity...and mix it with doctrines of Islam that doesn't believe in the resurrection of Christ. And the Pope wants to bring everyone into the Catholic church under his leadership. That's also something to be wary of. Even though there are some things about this current Pope I really like, he is still a Pope and thus still has an agenda to bring everyone under Catholic church leadership.

But to just help each other as neighbors when appropriate is not one world religion. It also makes a good opportunity for us to evangelize and lead others to Jesus' saving grace.

Remember that people can be deceived through mass paranoia, being overly-fearful and suspicious of each other, just as much as they can be deceived through lack of basic awareness.

Thank you! Very informative.

Upvote 0

HeLeadethMe

Apr 27, 2017
Toronto
✟32,827.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
What I'm describing is just being a good neighbor. For example, there's a huge earthquake in India with lots of people needing lots of help, so various groups including churches work together to help these people. That's not world religion. That's loving our neighbors.

What's different in the case of this missionary organization is that they appear to be trying to water down basic doctrine...doctrine that actually *defines* Christianity...and mix it with doctrines of Islam that doesn't believe in the resurrection of Christ. And the Pope wants to bring everyone into the Catholic church under his leadership. That's also something to be wary of. Even though there are some things about this current Pope I really like, he is still a Pope and thus still has an agenda to bring everyone under Catholic church leadership.

But to just help each other as neighbors when appropriate is not one world religion. It also makes a good opportunity for us to evangelize and lead others to Jesus' saving grace.

Remember that people can be deceived through mass paranoia, being overly-fearful and suspicious of each other, just as much as they can be deceived through lack of basic awareness.

Thank you! Very informative.

No, no guys! We have to be very careful of this, that we understand the mission of the Body of Christ is not humanitarian relief......our mission is the gospel......a kingdom not of this world. (See even in 1John 4 above, where it talks about those who speak of earthly things.) We are to love our neighbours as ourselves, yes, that happens by the nature and spirit of Christ within us individual believers. But the apostle wrote do not be unequally yoked with unbelievers.........we need to obey that, and not do what seemeth right to man. Part of God's wisdom in this, in addition to having a completely different mission and focus from unbelievers, is where it says bad company corrupts good manners.......it can't help but lead to compromising our faith. Just believe God, don't wait for Him to have to prove to you that He is right, but if we need wisdom about it, ask Him for it. Bless you.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

bekkilyn

Contemplative Christian
Site Supporter
Apr 27, 2017
USA
✟677,608.00
Country
United States
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Celibate
Politics
US-Others
No, no guys! We have to be very careful of this, that we understand the mission of the Body of Christ is not humanitarian relief......our mission is the gospel......a kingdom not of this world. (See even in 1John 4 above, where it talks about those who speak of earthly things.) We are to love our neighbours as ourselves, yes, that happens by the nature and spirit of Christ within us individual believers. But the apostle wrote do not be unequally yoked with unbelievers.........we need to obey that, and not do what seemeth right to man. Part of God's wisdom in this, in addition to having a completely different mission and focus from unbelievers, is where it says bad company corrupts good manners.......it can't help but lead to compromising our faith. Just believe God, don't wait for Him to have to prove to you that He is right, but if we need wisdom about it, ask Him for it. Bless you.

14 What good is it, my brothers and sisters, if you say you have faith but do not have works? Can faith save you? 15 If a brother or sister is naked and lacks daily food, 16 and one of you says to them, “Go in peace; keep warm and eat your fill,” and yet you do not supply their bodily needs, what is the good of that? 17 So faith by itself, if it has no works, is dead.

18 But someone will say, “You have faith and I have works.” Show me your faith apart from your works, and I by my works will show you my faith. 19 You believe that God is one; you do well. Even the demons believe—and shudder. 20 Do you want to be shown, you senseless person, that faith apart from works is barren? 21 Was not our ancestor Abraham justified by works when he offered his son Isaac on the altar? 22 You see that faith was active along with his works, and faith was brought to completion by the works. 23 Thus the scripture was fulfilled that says, “Abraham believed God, and it was reckoned to him as righteousness,” and he was called the friend of God. 24 You see that a person is justified by works and not by faith alone. 25 Likewise, was not Rahab the prostitute also justified by works when she welcomed the messengers and sent them out by another road? 26 For just as the body without the spirit is dead, so faith without works is also dead. - James 2:14-26
Note also that Jesus himself gave much humanitarian aid to people and set an example for us to follow in our own lives.

It's also one of the best ways to be good witnesses to unbelievers in order to spread the good news about Jesus.

Upvote 0

HeLeadethMe

Apr 27, 2017
Toronto
✟32,827.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
14 What good is it, my brothers and sisters, if you say you have faith but do not have works? Can faith save you? 15 If a brother or sister is naked and lacks daily food, 16 and one of you says to them, “Go in peace; keep warm and eat your fill,” and yet you do not supply their bodily needs, what is the good of that? 17 So faith by itself, if it has no works, is dead.

18 But someone will say, “You have faith and I have works.” Show me your faith apart from your works, and I by my works will show you my faith. 19 You believe that God is one; you do well. Even the demons believe—and shudder. 20 Do you want to be shown, you senseless person, that faith apart from works is barren? 21 Was not our ancestor Abraham justified by works when he offered his son Isaac on the altar? 22 You see that faith was active along with his works, and faith was brought to completion by the works. 23 Thus the scripture was fulfilled that says, “Abraham believed God, and it was reckoned to him as righteousness,” and he was called the friend of God. 24 You see that a person is justified by works and not by faith alone. 25 Likewise, was not Rahab the prostitute also justified by works when she welcomed the messengers and sent them out by another road? 26 For just as the body without the spirit is dead, so faith without works is also dead. - James 2:14-26
Note also that Jesus himself gave much humanitarian aid to people and set an example for us to follow in our own lives.

It's also one of the best ways to be good witnesses to unbelievers in order to spread the good news about Jesus.​

That particular scripture seems to be talking about brothers and sisters in the Lord, ie, fellow believers, not unsaved. However in general of course we are to love our neighbour as we love ourselves, according to the scripture that I mentioned......if you know someone is struggling, then go help them, of course. Go help your elderly neighbour dig their garden or mow their lawn, go bring a casserole or bag of groceries for your neighbour who has been laid off work, babysit for your unbelieving relatives, etc. If your congregation wants to start a food bank for the neighbourhood, then by all means, as part of witnessing to the gospel.......but there is no need to do that in partnership with, say a mosque or Hindu temple, nor another Christian church that preaches that all faiths lead to God. We are told not to. Our mission and focus as the church is not to take up humanitarian causes....our mission and focus it is the gospel, and whatever we do as a church with regard to humanitarian activity for the unsaved should be part of that church's gospel witness. Otherwise, what's the point of feeding someone for this short life, if we aren't going to try and feed them what they need for eternal life.

But the difference between flesh and spirit is often a fine line.......we do need the help of the Holy Spirit to understand, I know I can understand nothing without Him. Lots and lots of times I see things in scripture that I do not understand, but as I seek the LORD (not consult my own feeble brain as I sometimes have a tendency to try but it doesn't work, heh), but when I seek the LORD, understanding comes, time and time again..... just my portion, not that I understand all things. But I need Him, we all do, so seek Him.

Upvote 0

Uber Genius

"Super Genius"
Aug 13, 2016
Kentucky
✟56,826.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Libertarian

These are highly technical articles and we need to understand the goals of translation operate on two levels. First what did the original audience understand (exegesis)? And secondly, how should we convey what the original audience would have understood in say Arabic (literal word for word (KJB), or sentence (NIV), or paragraph (Living Bible).

Further they are attempting to present an offensive message to a culture who will be surprised that Jesus actually died and was raised. I think the translation philosophy from WEA would be more helpful at explaining their choices, than an exegesis of various passages that to western Non-Arabic, readers looks suspect.

My first inference would not be one of conspiracy against the gospel but rather my own ignorance of Arabic understanding of same.

Upvote 0

Adstar

May 10, 2005
New South Wales
✟49,258.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Upvote 0

Uber Genius

"Super Genius"
Aug 13, 2016
Kentucky
✟56,826.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Libertarian
SHE IS that great CITY .
Seems like an sweeping generalization.

The Catholic Church has been instrumental in care for the needy for 1500 years. My Catholic friends love Christ, study scriptures, pray for others, engage culture at all levels for he gospel. And yet they are swept up in your label as "Babylon."

Upvote 0