May 17, 2014
✟160,762.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
4. The beast in Revelation 17:8a represents the original serpent in the Garden of Eden, now in the bottomless pit as a disembodied spirit.

6. The beast in Revelation 17:11 represents a man who will become the 8th king, of the Daniel 7 fourth kingdom. He is the beast of Revelation 13:1, the man, who is king of the Revelation 13:1 kingdom.

How is this so?

Both of these are a beast who was, is not, but shall come, yet one you say is the serpent and the other is a man; when they are clearly the same being.

Upvote 0

Douggg

anytime rapture, non-dispensationalist, futurist
May 28, 2009
Non-dispensationalist
✟358,840.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
How is this so?

Both of these are a beast who was, is not, but shall come, yet one you say is the serpent and the other is a man; when they are clearly the same being.
I understand your point.

They become one when the serpent spirit ascends out of the bottomless pit and possesses the end times man.

Upvote 0

Douggg

May 28, 2009
Non-dispensationalist
✟358,840.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Nothing in your chart begins with scripture. You pull it out of thin air rearranging what scripture you can use to support your Jesuit deception now identified as Dispensationalism.
Dave, I understand you have an axe to grind against dispensationalism. But the world of eschatology is not divided into just those two camps, dispensationalism and non-dispensationalism.

Make a chart of your view of the "The End Time is revealed in the simplicity of Christ, if you stick to scripture." Be sure to include all of the major end time events, show them on your chart.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Dave L

Site Supporter
Jun 28, 2018
USA
✟580,140.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Dave, you have an axe to grind against dispensationalism. The world of eschatology is not divided into just those two camps, dispensationalism and non-dispensationalism.

Make a chart of your view of the "The End Time is revealed in the simplicity of Christ, if you stick to scripture." Be sure to include all of the major end time events, show them on your chart.
Here are some of the fruits Dispensationalism bears.

Dispensationalism - SourceWatch

https://twitter.com/hashtag/raptureanxiety?lang=en

How can I not be concerned?

Upvote 0

Douggg

May 28, 2009
Non-dispensationalist
✟358,840.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Upvote 0

Douggg

May 28, 2009
Non-dispensationalist
✟358,840.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Why not discuss your topics? That's the purpose of discussion forums.
Because you are not on my topics. You are introducing your topics - an attack on dispensationalism. And why no-one can understand end time bible prophecies. And attacking anyone who attempts to do so.

Start your own thread attacking dispensationalism. I bet you will get a lot of participation from others here who share your pov.

Upvote 0

Dave L

Site Supporter
Jun 28, 2018
USA
✟580,140.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Because you are not on my topics. You are introducing your topics - an attack on dispensationalism. And why no-one can understand end time bible prophecies. And attacking anyone who attempts to do so.

Start your own thread attacking dispensationalism. I bet you will get a lot of participation from others here who share your pov.
If you teach a point of view, how can you be thorough if you don't address the history of your views?

Upvote 0

Douggg

May 28, 2009
Non-dispensationalist
✟358,840.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
If you teach a point of view, how can you be thorough if you don't address the history of your views?
Dave you are wanting to drag the topic of this thread to a different topic.

Start a thread of your own.

Upvote 0

Dave L

Site Supporter
Jun 28, 2018
USA
✟580,140.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Dave you are wanting to drag the topic of this thread too a differnt topic.

Start a thread of your own.
People need the history behind what you teach. It's a big part of what you teach going unnoticed.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Douggg

May 28, 2009
Non-dispensationalist
✟358,840.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Just answer an honest question. Where did your teaching originate? Did you originate it? Or did someone teach it to you?
Start another thread attacking futurism and include that question in general form and I will answer those questions in your new thread.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Douggg

May 28, 2009
Non-dispensationalist
✟358,840.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
When could it be possible that sometimes the beast is referring to a nation?
Welcome to this forum, Agallagher.

I think, as far as in Revelation, the first beast in Revelation 13, the one coming out of the sea, the sea is referring to the gentile nations of the world (and not Israel).

As far as that beast itself - as a kingdom - I don't think it is one nation but a kingdom of a united group of nations. Which to me appears to be the EU.

To break it down to which one of those nations within the EU borders, the person (also called the beast in Revelation 13:1) himself comes out of, I don't know. Could be a small nation, like Switzerland, or the Netherlands, thus called the little horn.

Those who believe the pope, papacy is the beast or the false prophet might argue vatican state is that nation. But don't hold to that theory because the Pope is not qualified to become the Antichrist, then later the beast.

Upvote 0

Lost4words

Jesus I Trust In You
Site Supporter
May 19, 2018
Neath, Wales, UK
✟1,009,475.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
Revelation is grossly misinterpreted and misunderstood.

People read it with modern glasses.

Jesus said:

Revelation 1

1 The revelation of Jesus Christ, which God gave him to show to his servants what must soon take place; and he made it known by sending his angel to his servant John, 2 who bore witness to the word of God and to the testimony of Jesus Christ, even to all that he saw. 3 Blessed is he who reads aloud the words of the prophecy, and blessed are those who hear, and who keep what is written therein; for the time is near.

• Winner
Reactions: mkgal1
Upvote 0

Douggg

May 28, 2009
Non-dispensationalist
✟358,840.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Revelation is grossly misinterpreted and misunderstood.

People read it with modern glasses.

Jesus said:

Revelation 1

1 The revelation of Jesus Christ, which God gave him to show to his servants what must soon take place; and he made it known by sending his angel to his servant John, 2 who bore witness to the word of God and to the testimony of Jesus Christ, even to all that he saw. 3 Blessed is he who reads aloud the words of the prophecy, and blessed are those who hear, and who keep what is written therein; for the time is near.
Well that is different topic. Please start another thread with that topic, if you want to discuss it.

Upvote 0

danielmears

Site Supporter
Jan 30, 2018
Phelan
✟132,918.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
The end time prophecies are complex and have many many details not known yet. I don't know exactly what the mark of the beast will look like. I don't know the name of the beast. I don't how the 666 fits with his name.
I don't know who is exactly the ten kings are in the structure of the EU forthcoming. And I don't know what specific country the little horn person will emerge from. I don't know exactly who Gog is. etc.

But I do know enough to make a timeline chart of the 7 year 70th week.

View attachment 279845
The ten kings, some of whom have no kingdom could be the money people who back the fed and world economic system who had to meet and prop up the money system. Babylon, appears to me to be the great money system of the earth which we saw pretty much collapse in an hour, very quickly, just from the plague which occurred. I am not a prophecy scholar but it all seems as though it is happening..and we see how quickly, in an instant, things can change. The good news is those who do not fear, who look to God shall be delivered! Glory to God!

Upvote 0

DavidPT

Sep 26, 2016
Texas
✟196,523.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
3. The scarlet colored beast in Revelation 17:3 represents Satan.

Why are you even Premil rather than Amil, then?

Revelation 17:3 So he carried me away in the spirit into the wilderness: and I saw a woman sit upon a scarlet coloured beast, full of names of blasphemy, having seven heads and ten horns.

Revelation 17:7 And the angel said unto me, Wherefore didst thou marvel? I will tell thee the mystery of the woman, and of the beast that carrieth her, which hath the seven heads and ten horns.
8 The beast that thou sawest was, and is not; and shall ascend out of the bottomless pit, and go into perdition: and they that dwell on the earth shall wonder, whose names were not written in the book of life from the foundation of the world, when they behold the beast that was, and is not, and yet is.

a scarlet coloured beast, full of names of blasphemy, having seven heads and ten horns----I will tell thee the mystery---- of the beast that carrieth her, which hath the seven heads and ten horns---The beast that thou sawest was, and is not; and shall ascend out of the bottomless pit, and go into perdition

When this beast ascends out of the bottomless pit, who you take to mean satan, it is clearly meaning in this age prior to the 2nd coming. That equals Amil not Premil, assuming you are correct that the scarlet coloured beast is meaning satan.

Upvote 0