The Ballad of Kyle Rittenhouse

renniks

Jun 2, 2008
✟149,430.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
He went out of his way to put himself in danger. The fact that he was in danger was due only to his choices to be in a town that was not his, carrying a gun that was not his, in a riot that he sought out.

If you were to walk into a zoo with a loaded AR-15 and climb into the lion cage I don't think you can claim you had to "defend yourself from the lion" by shooting it to death.
Do you ever hear your self?
You don't really think anyone has the right to self defense, do you?
Yes, if the national guard had been called like it should have been, regular citizens would not have had to do their job. Citizens rising up to defend our freedoms are why this country exists. But some like you, want us to cower and hide from the criminal element, and let them steal and burn.

Upvote 0

IWalkAlone

Oct 26, 2021
Ohio
✟11,916.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
He went out of his way to put himself in danger. The fact that he was in danger was due only to his choices to be in a town that was not his, carrying a gun that was not his, in a riot that he sought out.

If you were to walk into a zoo with a loaded AR-15 and climb into the lion cage I don't think you can claim you had to "defend yourself from the lion" by shooting it to death.
Be was guarding property. Are we not allowed to do that?

Upvote 0

Parmallia

Nov 7, 2021
PNW
✟14,091.00
Country
United States
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Private
Actually it was his town. His Dad lived there.

But Kyle didn't live there.

And that's a strange and arbitrary reason not to defend the innocent people being harassed anyway.

Well, he failed. He was the only person who KILLED people at the riot. Hmmmm.

It's like saying "The suffering of the people in the next town over don't matter to me."

That's called VIGILANTISM and it is not legal nor preferred in our society.

People's attitude about this for very puzzling to me, especially people who claim to be Christian saying basically that we should have just let Kenosha burn and done nothing.

Were there a lot of Christians who felt it reasonable to pick up a gun and go blastin' baddies?

Not sure where that's at in the NT.

Upvote 0

Parmallia

Nov 7, 2021
PNW
✟14,091.00
Country
United States
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Private
Be was guarding property. Are we not allowed to do that?

It wasn't his property. In fact I don't think he had ANY connection to the people who owned the empty building he was "protecting".

No, he picked up a gun and went seeking "adventure". He found it and two people are now dead. He wanted it, he got it. I can only hope his dreams were fulfilled. Because make no mistake HE CHOSE to go to a riot and HE CHOSE to take a gun. HE PUT HIMSELF THERE 100% OF HIS OWN VOLITION.

Upvote 0

Parmallia

Nov 7, 2021
PNW
✟14,091.00
Country
United States
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Private
Do you ever hear your self?
You don't really think anyone has the right to self defense, do you?

If I go out of my way to put myself in danger it hardly makes sense to then claim I need to protect myself from that danger. He SOUGHT IT, he got it. Now two people are dead.

Yes, if the national guard had been called like it should have been, regular citizens would not have had to do their job

He wasn't a citizen of that state or of that town.

. Citizens rising up to defend our freedoms are why this country exists

Vigilantism is NOT part of American law.

. But some like you, want us to cower and hide from the criminal element, and let them steal and burn.

LOL. Kyle could have stayed home IN ILLINOIS and been just fine. He was in no way required to be there, he had only his interest in finding danger that brought him there with the flimsy excuse that his dad lived there.

Upvote 0

IWalkAlone

Oct 26, 2021
Ohio
✟11,916.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
It wasn't his property. In fact I don't think he had ANY connection to the people who owned the empty building he was "protecting".

No, he picked up a gun and went seeking "adventure". He found it and two people are now dead. He wanted it, he got it. I can only hope his dreams were fulfilled. Because make no mistake HE CHOSE to go to a riot and HE CHOSE to take a gun. HE PUT HIMSELF THERE 100% OF HIS OWN VOLITION.
Seeking adventure by cleaning graffiti off buildings? How do you know he had no connection to the property he was guarding?

Upvote 0

Parmallia

Nov 7, 2021
PNW
✟14,091.00
Country
United States
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Private
Seeking adventure by cleaning graffiti off buildings? How do you know he had no connection to the property he was guarding?

It was stated in the trial.

And, sorry, one does not need a gun to clean off graffitti (unless he was just planning on shooting it off). One can go AFTER THE RIOT to clean off graffitti. (Also he spent most of the day lying about being an EMT. EMT's don't specialize in graffitti removal.)

He knew EXACTLY what he was doing. He got EXACTLY WHAT HE WAS LOOKING FOR.

Upvote 0

IWalkAlone

Oct 26, 2021
Ohio
✟11,916.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
It was stated in the trial.

And, sorry, one does not need a gun to clean off graffitti (unless he was just planning on shooting it off). One can go AFTER THE RIOT to clean off graffitti. (Also he spent most of the day lying about being an EMT. EMT's don't specialize in graffitti removal.)

He knew EXACTLY what he was doing. He got EXACTLY WHAT HE WAS LOOKING FOR.
We are allowed to bear arms.

Upvote 0

Parmallia

Nov 7, 2021
PNW
✟14,091.00
Country
United States
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Private
We are allowed to bear arms.

Kyle didn't have an AR15. SOmeone did a staw purchase (illegal) for him.

Kyle SOUGHT out danger and found it.

You are free to bear arms...you are NOT free to go out of your way to put yourself in a situation in which you have to kill people.

You are also not free to be a vigilante in the US.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

IWalkAlone

Oct 26, 2021
Ohio
✟11,916.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Kyle didn't have an AR15. SOmeone did a staw purchase (illegal) for him.

Kyle SOUGHT out danger and found it.

You are free to bear arms...you are NOT free to go out of your way to put yourself in a situation in which you have to kill people.

You are also not free to be a vigilante in the US.
He was cleaning grafitti and guarding property. He did nothing vigilante. He shot people who attacked him in legal self defense.

Upvote 0

Parmallia

Nov 7, 2021
PNW
✟14,091.00
Country
United States
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Private
He was cleaning grafitti

With an AR-15? In a town he didn't live in? Defending property he had no connection with? Oh, yeah, and he lied all day about being an EMT. So much for the "cleaning graffitti" dodge.

and guarding property. He did nothing vigilante. He shot people who attacked him in legal self defense.

He WENT OUT OF HIS WAY to go to a RIOT and he went EVEN FURTHER AND GOT A GUN (through possibly illegal means, a straw purchase by another person).

He drove from Illinois to get to the riot. He went a long way to make sure he was ARMED AND READY FOR A FIGHT.

He asked the universe to present him with danger and he got it. Now two people are dead.

Upvote 0

IWalkAlone

Oct 26, 2021
Ohio
✟11,916.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
With an AR-15? In a town he didn't live in? Defending property he had no connection with? Oh, yeah, and he lied all day about being an EMT. So much for the "cleaning graffitti" dodge.

He WENT OUT OF HIS WAY to go to a RIOT and he went EVEN FURTHER AND GOT A GUN (through possibly illegal means, a straw purchase by another person).

He drove from Illinois to get to the riot. He went a long way to make sure he was ARMED AND READY FOR A FIGHT.

He asked the universe to present him with danger and he got it. Now two people are dead.
If I'm not mistaken I asked for proof he had no connection to the property. Even if he wanted the wild west that doesn't mean it wasn't self defense. No one forced the criminals to attack him.

Upvote 0

renniks

Jun 2, 2008
✟149,430.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Were there a lot of Christians who felt it reasonable to pick up a gun and go blastin' baddies?

Not sure where that's at in the NT.
He said to them, “But now if you have a purse, take it, and also a bag; and if you don’t have a sword, sell your cloak and buy one.
Look, Lord,” they replied, “we have two swords among us.” “That’s enough,” he said.

What did they need swords for if not self defense? Should they have just avoided dangerous roads?

Upvote 0

renniks

Jun 2, 2008
✟149,430.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
LOL. Kyle could have stayed home IN ILLINOIS and been just fine. He was in no way required to be there, he had only his interest in finding danger that brought him there with the flimsy excuse that his dad lived there.
All that is required for evil to flourish is for good men to do nothing. You are a good example of a advocate for doing nothing and letting evil flourish.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Tanj

Redefined comfortable middle class
Mar 31, 2017
Australia
✟277,286.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
So "why" did the founding fathers insert the 2nd ammendment right to bear arms?

why is why in quotes?

Was it because they feared government might experience a "stupid moment" where they stopped protecting cities from looters, anarchists, criminals and that the citizens needed a way to step in when government failed?

Not even close. It was because they'd just won a war with little in the way of a standing army and largely due to militia groups.

One of the first things Washington did with his militia is use them (albeit in the end without confrontation) to put down a citizen anti-tax rebellion.

Whiskey Rebellion - Wikipedia

Washington himself rode at the head of an army to suppress the insurgency, with 13,000 militiamen provided by the governors of Virginia, Maryland, New Jersey, and Pennsylvania.

The 2nd amendment was put in place to support/protect the government, not counter it.

Upvote 0

IWalkAlone

Oct 26, 2021
Ohio
✟11,916.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
why is why in quotes?

Not even close. It was because they'd just won a war with little in the way of a standing army and largely due to militia groups.

One of the first things Washington did with his militia is use them (albeit in the end without confrontation) to put down a citizen anti-tax rebellion.

Whiskey Rebellion - Wikipedia

Washington himself rode at the head of an army to suppress the insurgency, with 13,000 militiamen provided by the governors of Virginia, Maryland, New Jersey, and Pennsylvania.

The 2nd amendment was put in place to support/protect the government, not counter it.
Yet we have the right to bear arms

Reactions: Danthemailman
Upvote 0

BigDaddy4

It's a new season...
Sep 4, 2008
Washington
✟219,919.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I don't remember the trial they had. Can you fill me in on the details of it?

Because Kyle certainly got his day in court.

Look, I'd be there with you 100% if Kyle was sitting at home and some BLM thugs broke into his home and attacked him. But that isn't what happened.

KYLE drove up to Wisconsin. Got together with a buddy and secured a WEAPON. A loaded gun. He then went explicitly (not accidentally) to a RIOT.

He put himself in that position.

Does it not bother you that of all the people carrying guns that night ONLY Kyle had to kill people? Does it not bother you that Kyle was HARDLY INNOCENT in putting himself DIRECTLY IN DANGER.

How does one "protect themselves" against danger of their own making?
Interesting perspective. I guess the 3 rioters who got shot HAD to be there at the riot and HAD to attack Kyle right? Take your bold statements and apply them to the 3 rioters and see how that tastes when your argument falls apart. For dessert, you should have the "false information" pie...

Upvote 0

IWalkAlone

Oct 26, 2021
Ohio
✟11,916.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Interesting perspective. I guess the 3 rioters who got shot HAD to be there at the riot and HAD to attack Kyle right? Take your bold statements and apply them to the 3 rioters and see how that tastes when your argument falls apart. For dessert, you should have the "false information" pie...
The rioters are permitted. But you are not permitted to protect your property from them. You are also allowed to protest during pandemics but not hold rallies.

Upvote 0

Tanj

Redefined comfortable middle class
Mar 31, 2017
Australia
✟277,286.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
Yet we have the right to bear arms

..designed so you can help the government put down citizen rebellions.

Yes, I know.

On the other hand, perhaps the founding fathers were PETA dyslexics, and actually mean you should arm bears.

Upvote 0