Ohio
✟11,916.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
..designed so you can help the government put down citizen rebellions.

Yes, I know.

On the other hand, perhaps the founding fathers were PETA dyslexics, and actually mean you should arm bears.
The militia was used to fight British tyranny and protect homesteads from attacts by the natives or anyone wanting to harm them. The constitution guarantees it for defense against tyranny. It doesn't matter the reason however. We have the right to bear arms

Upvote 0

Tanj

Redefined comfortable middle class
Mar 31, 2017
Australia
✟277,286.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
The militia was used to fight British tyranny

You mean to over throw British rule? Yes, I know.

and protect homesteads from attacts by the natives or anyone wanting to harm them.

None of that is true.

The constitution guarantees it for defense against tyranny.

No it doesn't.

It doesn't matter the reason however. We have the right to bear arms

Not sure why you keep repeating this irrelevancy like it somehow magically becomes more meaningful with iteration. Beyond 1 sarky comment about arming bears I never said otherwise.

Upvote 0

IWalkAlone

Oct 26, 2021
Ohio
✟11,916.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
You mean to over throw British rule? Yes, I know.

None of that is true.

No it doesn't.

Not sure why you keep repeating this irrelevancy like it somehow magically becomes more meaningful with iteration. Beyond 1 sarky comment about arming bears I never said otherwise.
Yes the militia existed before the revolution. They fought with and against natives.

Upvote 0

Aldebaran

NCC-1701-A
Christian Forums Staff
Purple Team - Moderator
Site Supporter
Oct 17, 2009
Wisconsin, United States of America
✟651,747.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
According to the car lot owners Rittenhouse was not asked to protect the car lots. Regardless of the jury's acquittal, he will always bear the guilt of having killed two men. If and when he faces Jesus Christ, he will be found guilty of violating the commandment not to kill.

He'll have to stand in line behind King David for quite awhile.

Upvote 0

BobRyan

Angels Team
Site Supporter
Nov 21, 2008
Georgia
✟911,257.00
Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
Not even close. It was because they'd just won a war with little in the way of a standing army and largely due to militia groups.

The Constitution was intended to last way more than 30 or 50 years.

Upvote 0

98cwitr

Lord forgive me
Apr 20, 2006
Raleigh, NC
✟449,894.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution
mod hat on

Thread has undergone a small clean up to remove some flaming/goading comments. Please address one another with respect and focus on the matter of content, not other members personally. If you see your post missing, it was in violation, or quoted a violation of the following

Flaming and Goading
  • Please treat all members with respect and courtesy through civil dialogue.​
  • Do not personally attack (insult, belittle, mock, ridicule) other members or groups of members on CF, or use nicknames to do so. A list of unacceptable names can be found here.. Address only the content of the post and not the poster.​
  • NO Goading. This includes images, cartoons, smileys or post ratings which are clearly meant to goad. Quoting and then editing another members post to change the original meaning, commonly referred to as "fixed it for you" (FIFY), is considered goading.​
  • "Calling out" a member is an unsolicited comment about another member in reference to something they may have said, their personal beliefs, their signature, or their avatar (challenging the member in a negative manner). This applies to any thread, whether the called out member is participating in that thread or not. Do not quote, or make comments about another member, in your signature or user title.​
  • Offensive derogatory nicknames and egregious inflammatory comments about public figures may be considered goading.​
  • Stating or implying that another Christian member, or group of members, are not Christian is not allowed.​
  • If you are flamed, do not respond in-kind. Alert staff to the situation by utilizing the report button.​

mod hat off

Upvote 0