Welsh and German blood, English heart
Apr 5, 2004
London, UK, Europe, The World
✟11,381.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Being a keen cricket fan, I've known for years that the Aussies are the best cricket side. Their mentality and attitude and performance is on a completely different level to anyone else and they way things are, they will not be bettered in the near future.

Upvote 0

kurabrhm

Feb 23, 2004
Southampton, Hampshire, England.
Visit site
✟2,333.00
Faith
Seeker
Marital Status
Single
Politics
UK-Labour
I'm dissapointed that England failed to live up to the hype that was generated prior to the start of the Ashes. The media was speculating that this could be the Ashes tour when England had a real chance to test the Aussies. This hasn't happened, at least not in the first test. Maybe England can do better in Edgbaston. But I wouldn't place a high bet on it!

Upvote 0

kurabrhm

Feb 23, 2004
Southampton, Hampshire, England.
Visit site
✟2,333.00
Faith
Seeker
Marital Status
Single
Politics
UK-Labour
london boy said:
Being a keen cricket fan, I've known for years that the Aussies are the best cricket side. Their mentality and attitude and performance is on a completely different level to anyone else and they way things are, they will not be bettered in the near future.

They have the perfect combination of the "Cricket spirit" and athleticism.
Other countries such as India, Pakistan and Sri Lanka all have the "Cricket spirit" in abundance but they can't match the power of Australia.
Australia is a big country with first class facilities for cricket and the weather is good as well.
Hardly any country comes close to matching Australia's natural advantages that are home bred.

Upvote 0

~*ZEE*~

Senior Veteran
Sep 30, 2004
Melbourne, Australia
✟16,932.00
Faith
Christian
kurabrhm said:
Australia is a big country with first class facilities for cricket and the weather is good as well.
Hardly any country comes close to matching Australia's natural advantages that are home bred.

That's a good and fair point which I'll agree with to a certain degree. It's exactly the same with our Olympic swimming teams, Australia has the advantage of having a climate that promotes such outdoor activities as a 'natural' reaction to the weather, for all ages. It helps in 'creating' adult champions when young children are growing up with a love of playing cricket in the backyard at a family BBQ or swimming in whatever body of water they can find!

That said, because of indoor courts and the cooler weather here, playing cricket (or any other sport) could also be seen as a reaction to the climate just in order to warm up :p

I must admit that I was also vaguely disappointed that the threats of England being 'ready' to beat the Aussies through the media hype, didn't eventuate. But, at the same time, the hope is what gives substance to spirit in sport so it would be weird if the British didn't spout high and perhaps unrealistic hopes for their team :D

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

teehee

Aug 3, 2005
Birmingham, UK
Visit site
✟15,985.00
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
the match was aaaaammmmaaaaazzzziiiinnnggggggg.......ssssssssoooooooooooo tense on the edge of my seat..............3 runs to win.....oh there it went.............ittttttttttttt was greeeeeeaaaatttt.........im hyped!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Steve_SandbachBaptist_UK

Jun 3, 2004
Cheshire
Visit site
✟11,293.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Single
An English cricket fan, Dave, sees on the news that his team have beaten Australia by 2 runs and decides to play a trick on his Australian friend Merv. So he invites Merv round to watch the highlights in the evening. When Merv arrives, Dave bets him £10 that England will win...

However, at the end of the highlights Merv reaches for his wallet but Dave's conscience gets him and he comes clean: "I can't take this Merv, I knew the result already", to which Merv replies: "I saw the result as well, but I didn't we would play so badly that we'd lose a second time!" :)

;)

Upvote 0