✟2,333.00
Faith
Seeker
Marital Status
Single
Politics
UK-Labour
To all the dear folks of England,

I take back what I said about Peterson. I saw this today just how good a player he really is. Some of the shots were awe inspiring. But I still don't like him. That skunk hair style is one thing that puts me off. One could argue, though, just how English Peterson really is.
To be honest, the style of Peterson's awesome batting today was more in the way of the great South African batsmen. However, to England's credit, Flintoff (can't get more English than that) is turning out to be a world class cricketer who will hopefully cross international boundaries as time goes on and one day will hit the big one down under after battling through the subcontinent.

The real test now, is whether the English team will be able to translate the victory on home soil to matches abroad. India, Pakistan, Australia (again) they are all waiting. And why not also prove it in South Africa and not to forget the West Indies.
Well done to England for winning the Ashes, but I will only be a fan of England when, from now on, they can really prove their worth on foreign soil.

Upvote 0

Steve_SandbachBaptist_UK

Jun 3, 2004
Cheshire
Visit site
✟11,293.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Single
kurabrhm said:
This Ashes series is turning out to have a sour end. The weather is certainly not helping.
If England are gonna win this Ashes series, they will win it in true British style - UNDERSTATEMENT, not the heroic gung ho style that Aussies are so used to.

What I'll say to that is:

1966 - England v West Germany - understated?
1999 - Man U. v Bayern Munich - understated?
2003 - England v Australia - understated?
2005 - Liverpool v AC Milan - understated?

I think not.

;)

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Elboy

Jun 2, 2005
Bristol england!!
✟8,547.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Single
Politics
UK-Labour
That is what england is about..........being understated, we always win when we are the underdogs!!! Look at ww2! Look at Man u vs. Bayer Munich ( 5 mins before the end they were being trounced then won!)

Battle of Trafelguar!

1966! Wow what a match that was! All major things we have won were when people said they will never win!

So world please keep saying were pants because were gunna come back at you harder than ever!

Rule Britiannia!!! God save the queen! and even Swing low sweet chariot. Keep these songs in your hearts guys! And if your ever the underdog.......remember our victiories!

Bring it on! Olympics, rugby, football cricket, basketball, baseball and every other sport and competitive thing out there! Bring it on! Britain is fired up and ready for you!

(sorry for the passionate shout there but hey!)

El

Upvote 0

steverock

Veteran
Mar 15, 2004
✟9,039.00
Faith
Christian
Elboy said:
That is what england is about..........being understated, we always win when we are the underdogs!!! Look at ww2! Look at Man u vs. Bayer Munich ( 5 mins before the end they were being trounced then won!)

Battle of Trafelguar!

1966! Wow what a match that was! All major things we have won were when people said they will never win!

So world please keep saying were pants because were gunna come back at you harder than ever!

Rule Britiannia!!! God save the queen! and even Swing low sweet chariot. Keep these songs in your hearts guys! And if your ever the underdog.......remember our victiories!

Bring it on! Olympics, rugby, football cricket, basketball, baseball and every other sport and competitive thing out there! Bring it on! Britain is fired up and ready for you!

(sorry for the passionate shout there but hey!)

El

OH YES!!
i felt the passion there!! :thumbsup:

makes you proud to be British!
just hope the England football team will take note!!

anyway, on the topic of the Ashes i shall say this:
arise Sir Freddie!!!!!
arise Sir Vaughany!!!!
arise Sir KP!!!!
arsie Sir Every other member of the team!!!!!!!

legends - everyone of them!!!!!
they have taken their moment and now will go down as sporting heroes for the rest of their lives!!

Upvote 0

J21

Soldier For God's Glory
Aug 24, 2005
Adelaide, South Australia
✟11,758.00
Faith
Salvation Army
Marital Status
Married
Politics
AU-Labor
steverock said:
OH YES!!
i felt the passion there!! :thumbsup:

makes you proud to be British!
just hope the England football team will take note!!

anyway, on the topic of the Ashes i shall say this:
arise Sir Freddie!!!!!
arise Sir Vaughany!!!!
arise Sir KP!!!!
arsie Sir Every other member of the team!!!!!!!

legends - everyone of them!!!!!
they have taken their moment and now will go down as sporting heroes for the rest of their lives!!
Congratulations...match well played.I thought our boys could do it but it was not to be.
Enjoy...until we meet again on that finely mowed patch of green that is the Ashes cricket pitch where the war to win that coveted prize will go on again. :)

Upvote 0