Jul 20, 2003
Hollywood, Florida
Visit site
✟7,747.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
It is interesting to note that the Elephantine Papyri makes mention of a Jewish temple located in southern Egypt. Is it possible that, having built their own temple, that they also constructed their own version of the ark and that this is the one that resides in Ethiopia?

Personally, I think the Ethiopian ark a bit suspect -- no one has seen it or photographed it and no one will give a description of what it looks like.

Upvote 0

Peter

Veteran
Aug 19, 2003
Southern US
Visit site
✟2,154.00
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Revelation 19:6 said:
I also think that the Ethiopian ark is suspect. I personally feel that the Ark of the Covenant is buried under the Dome of the Rock in Jerusalem.

The word think would indicate you have examined the evidence and have made a logical choice. Would you please indicate your line of reasoning that brought you to your conclusion?

Peace.

Rdr. Peter

Upvote 0

deu58

Senior Veteran
Dec 12, 2003
Philippines
Visit site
✟11,169.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Hi all

CovenantRay said:
Hello:

There are some interesting clues in the "copper scroll" found among the Dead Sea Scrolls in the '50s. An American named Vendyl Jones is working on a location some 18 miles from Jerusalem.

CovenantRay

Here is a link to an article covering what Covenant Ray is talking about, Very interesting stuff, Apparently this Vendy Jones is the cream of archeologists,

http://www.israelnationalnews.com/news.php3?id=82226

yours in Christ
deu58

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

deu58

Senior Veteran
Dec 12, 2003
Philippines
Visit site
✟11,169.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Hi Belvina

Bevlina said:
Thankyou deu! That link is fascinating. So, some Jewish folk know the whereabouts of the Ark? It's got to be on earth somewhere.

Honestly I do not know, That link was given to me by a woman who is really into OT study, When I first met her I thought she was Messianic but later found out she is not,

But like you I found the article to be highly interesting, I am under the impression that it is some kind of Israeli publication and if it that is so then it is the most official artical I have seen on the ark for a very long time,

Like most I have heard that the ark is in ethiopia or it is in a chamber under the temple MT, If the ark is really found I think this may help to pave the way for a third physical temple

A lot of Jewish groups are going to be pushing for it a lot a harder than they are today. I do not know how true it is but I have read several Times that the Jews have been recruiting people with the last name of Cohen and have been training these people in the duties of the levitical priest hood,

I also have read that the utensils for temple sacrifice and worship have also
been made and they are ready for use today,

That is all speculation and I have no idea how much of it may be sensationalism

But one thing I do know for a fact is that Israel does have the red heifer with out blemish necessary for the purification ritual of the Temple mt,

I saw it with my own eyes on CNN, This is some thing the Jews spent years trying to find with out success, I think it was 98 or 99 when I saw that they had finally found one,

They showed Bessie with an Orthodox Jew holding her by a leash and the Orthodox was grinning from ear to ear, When asked what they were going to do if Bessie died before the Temple could be restored they said that they already planned on cloning her so they would not have the problem of not
having a red heifer with out blemish ever again,

yours in Christ
deu 58

Upvote 0

Zadok7000

Awake and Sober
Mar 21, 2005
Visit site
✟11,765.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Bevlina said:
Thankyou deu! That link is fascinating. So, some Jewish folk know the whereabouts of the Ark? It's got to be on earth somewhere.

Doesn't GOD tell us where it is?

Rev 11:19 And the temple of God was opened in heaven, and there was seen in his temple the ark of his testament: and there were lightnings, and voices, and thunderings, and an earthquake, and great hail.

Couldn't it have been taken when Elijah was taken in the whirlwind?

Upvote 0

Serapha

Jun 29, 2003
✟6,704.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Zadok7000 said:
Doesn't GOD tell us where it is?

Rev 11:19 And the temple of God was opened in heaven, and there was seen in his temple the ark of his testament: and there were lightnings, and voices, and thunderings, and an earthquake, and great hail.

Couldn't it have been taken when Elijah was taken in the whirlwind?

Hi there!

:wave:

That proposal really isn't possible since Elijah was about the time of Ahab, about 875 BCE and primarily in the Northern Kingdom where there was no corporate worship. In comparison, the Southern Kingdom had corporate worship centralized in the temple in Jerusalem for more than a 100 years with the ark being in the temple.

~serapha~

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Serapha

Jun 29, 2003
✟6,704.00
Faith
Non-Denom
deu58 said:
I also have read that the utensils for temple sacrifice and worship have also
been made and they are ready for use today,

Hi there!

The Temple Institute continues to work on the furnishings for the third temple so that the necessary tools and furnishings will be ready as soon as the temple is built. They have recently completed the High Priest's robe since it required a particular blue dye from a particular shell fish in the Med.

You may see the furnishings online at:

http://www.templeinstitute.org/gallery.htm

http://www.templeinstitute.org/index.htm

But one thing I do know for a fact is that Israel does have the red heifer with out blemish necessary for the purification ritual of the Temple mt,

I saw it with my own eyes on CNN, This is some thing the Jews spent years trying to find with out success, I think it was 98 or 99 when I saw that they had finally found one,

They showed Bessie with an Orthodox Jew holding her by a leash and the Orthodox was grinning from ear to ear, When asked what they were going to do if Bessie died before the Temple could be restored they said that they already planned on cloning her so they would not have the problem of not
having a red heifer with out blemish ever again,

The rabbinical priesthood is constantly seeking the perfect "red heifer" which must be three years of age and not have more than three hairs that are not red. Four or more hairs of a different color render the heifer unserviceable for sacrifice.

Breeding knowledge has been introduced to specific breeding techniques in Israel to increase the chances of gaining a perfect "red heifer." One such candidate was found in 2001, but it was later rejected when tail hairs began to turn white. A second heifer was born in 2002 and is being followed by Jew, Christian, and Muslims alike.

~serapha~

Upvote 0

Serapha

Jun 29, 2003
✟6,704.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Bevlina said:
http://www.arkdiscovery.com/ark_of_the_covenant.htm
This link has some amazing things in it regarding the Ark, and the Crucifixion of Jesus.

Hi there!

There are also some fallicies in that article in regards to archaeological support for what the article proclaims.

One of the greatest evidences for the garden tomb, and one which is not mentioned in that article is that the apostle John could see into the tomb while the text of the Bible cites that John looked into the tomb and saw it was empty without entering the tomb. The garden tomb meets that requirement.

On the other hand, the article cites the "roman" curvature as an evidence of being cut during Roman times. Architecture design is not a evidence worthy of dating any locations as architectural design may be copied from previous times.

...you will notice the area at right that was enlarged to accommodate Christ's feet, as he must have been taller than Joseph of Arimathea who had the tomb constructed for himself and was apparently 5' 8" tall. The cutting of the stone was hastily completed in order to accomplish the task of burial before the Sabbath hours, Friday evening.

There is no absolute evidence concerning this tomb as the burial place of Christ, there is no evidence that indicates that this tomb belonged to Joseph of Arimathea, and the timetable involved at the crucifixion of Christ, meaning that

1. Christ died at 3 p.m.
2. His body had to be verified to be dead
3. Joseph had to go to Pilate (Antonio Fortress is quite a distance considering first century Jerusalem)
4. To return to Calvary to claim the body
5. To annoint and wrap the body
6. To move it to the tomb,
7. To seal the tomb...

All this in a short frame of time during the early spring season when sundown comes earlier... and to indicate that there was sufficient time to locate someone to chisel out several inches of a tomb when everyone would be preparing for the sabbath is a bit much to accept without question.

In fact, the enlargement of the tomb could have come at a much later date for another burial, and, the usual argument against the garden tomb is that there are evidences that the tomb is older than first-century.

There are evidences that the area of the garden tomb was a garden in the first century, and the cistern still provides water year-round for the flowers.

I hope this helps in your understanding.

~serapha~

Upvote 0

Zadok7000

Awake and Sober
Mar 21, 2005
Visit site
✟11,765.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Serapha said:
Hi there!

That proposal really isn't possible since Elijah was about the time of Ahab, about 875 BCE and primarily in the Northern Kingdom where there was no corporate worship. In comparison, the Southern Kingdom had corporate worship centralized in the temple in Jerusalem for more than a 100 years with the ark being in the temple.

~serapha~

True, the last location Written of the Ark prior to Rev. 11 was in Solomon's temple. But the fact remains, it is in heaven now. Hence my supposition of Elijah. Otherwise, how could it have gotten there?

Upvote 0

Serapha

Jun 29, 2003
✟6,704.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Bevlina said:
And, you are right Covenant.
This is an interesting link about the copper scrolls.
http://www.geocities.com/Athens/Crete/9923/ark.html

HI there!

Each chapter describes various vessels which were hidden away by Jeremiah the Prophet in the Jewish year 3331 (429 BCE), seven years before the destruction of the First Temple in Jerusalem in 422 BCE.

The temple was destroyed a century before 422 BCE.

http://myway.mywebsearch.com/jsp/GGmain.jsp?st=kwd&ptnrS=ZSxdm552&searchfor=first+temple+destroyed&searchBtn=Search
In May, the Jerusalem Post reported that Jones' "unprofessional" dig in the Israeli desert at Qumran was banned by Jewish authorities saying:

"The Antiquities Authority last week banned a Texas Bible scholar and self-styled archeologist from pursuing a dig near the site of the Dead Sea Scrolls, arguing he lacks credentials.

http://www.bibleandscience.com/otherviews/v_jones.htm

In May, Vendyl Jones announced that he would find the ark before August 14.....

*tap* *tap* *tap*

We shall see.

~serapha~

Upvote 0

deu58

Senior Veteran
Dec 12, 2003
Philippines
Visit site
✟11,169.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Hi all

This verse could also be symbolic of Christ himself, The ark conatined the Jar of Manna, Jesus the bread of life, The rod of Aaron, Jesus the High Priest, And the Tables of the Covenant of the law, Jesus the New covenant and law of the NT,

The ark is the mercy seat etc all representations of Jesus himself,

I say could, Every body for along time now has been arguing about all the possiblities of the symbology of Revelation and coming to a mryiad of different conclusions,

Yours in Christ
deu 58

Upvote 0