United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
The billions of tons of coal prove its rsre
Unless coal and oil were embedded into God's creation as "easter eggs," to be found at the appropriate time.

Proverbs 25:2 It is the glory of God to conceal a thing: but the honour of kings is to search out a matter.

Interpretation: God embedded coal and oil into His creation then, at the appropriate time, gifted us scientists to discover them.

Upvote 0

AV1611VET

SCIENCE CAN TAKE A HIKE
Site Supporter
Jun 18, 2006
Guam
✟4,906,544.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
I do have knowledge of the absence of evidence for a worldwide flood.
So do I.

In fact, I know why it's missing, I speculate where it's at, and I know how it got there.

If you think there should be evidence lying all around, then my advice to you is:

Keep looking.

2 Kings 2:17 And when they urged him till he was ashamed, he said, Send. They sent therefore fifty men; and they sought three days, but found him not.

While you're at it, use your myopic science to search for Enoch, and Jesus' footprints on the sea of Galilee.

Genesis 5:24 And Enoch walked with God: and he was not; for God took him.

Upvote 0

AV1611VET

SCIENCE CAN TAKE A HIKE
Site Supporter
Jun 18, 2006
Guam
✟4,906,544.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
You can easily look up polystrate fossils but your beliefs in creationists' nonsense will prevent you from accepting that the evidence is honest.
I never said the evidence was dishonest.

In fact, I believe they're sincere.

But sincerely wrong.

Upvote 0

Frank Robert

Feb 18, 2021
KW
✟127,503.00
Country
United States
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
I believe white cliffs and meandering rivers are evidence of the Flood.

White cliffs are evidence of the clean-up; and meandering rivers are evidence of the waters being evacuated off the earth.
You believe, other many other Christians believe differently. It mostly comes down to which denomination you were born and brought up in.

Psalm 104:7 At thy rebuke they fled; at the voice of thy thunder they hasted away.
Psalm 104:8 They go up by the mountains; they go down by the valleys unto the place which thou hast founded for them.
Here's my "failure to differentiate," as you call it:

1. Bible says x, Science says x = go with x
2. Bible says x, Science says y = go with x
3. Bible says x, Science says ø = go with x
4. Bible says ø, Science says x = go with x
5. Bible says ø, Science says ø = free to speculate on your own

Prime Directive: Under no circumstances whatsoever is the Bible to be contradicted No comment.
The bible is not a science book therefore for science go with the evidence whether you are Christian, atheist or agnostic.

Upvote 0

AV1611VET

SCIENCE CAN TAKE A HIKE
Site Supporter
Jun 18, 2006
Guam
✟4,906,544.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Proof it didn't happen beats lack of evidence.
Should Eve have said that to Adam, when she couldn't find a scar on his side, where she came from?

Genesis 2:21 And the LORD God caused a deep sleep to fall upon Adam, and he slept: and he took one of his ribs, and closed up the flesh instead thereof;

Upvote 0

AV1611VET

SCIENCE CAN TAKE A HIKE
Site Supporter
Jun 18, 2006
Guam
✟4,906,544.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
I am glad that you clarified that.
There are a couple of instances where I think scientists were deliberately wrong on purpose, but for the most part, I believe true scientists are a gift from God.

Just as God calls men to the pulpit, He calls men (and women) into the laboratory.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Frank Robert

Feb 18, 2021
KW
✟127,503.00
Country
United States
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
The bible is not a science book therefore for science go with the evidence whether you are Christian, atheist or agnostic.
Going with the evidence for science is in reality the default.
Puck Mendelssohn
From Review of Stephen Meyer's "God Hypothesis..
...debates about such things as the soundness of evolutionary theory cannot really be equated to debates about God. The proponent of evolution may think God exists, or not; if he does think that God exists, his theological difference with the ID Creationist is not about whether there is a God, but about God's nature. Is God the great ground of all being, the ultimate cause of all things, majestic and inscrutable? Or is God the proximate cause of all things, tinkering directly in every detail of life on an ongoing basis? God as ultimate cause is accepted by practically every believer; God as this all-pervading proximate cause, on the other hand, is a much narrower, sectarian phenomenon. This -- a God who is far from being great and inscrutable, whose doings are the default explanation for anything we do not understand, and who diminishes in potency as our understanding increases -- is the God of Stephen Meyer's "God Hypothesis."​

Upvote 0

Shemjaza

Site Supporter
Apr 17, 2006
✟923,991.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
AU-Greens
Nup, don't buy any of it. I've been over this subject too many times.

Just one of a number of resources I refer to. CEH – Creation Evolution Headlines

Also........
The Elephant in the Living Room
Writer George V. Caylor interviewed Sam, a molecular biologist. George asked Sam about his work. Sam said he and his team were scientific detectives, working with DNA and tracking down the cause of disease. Here is their published conversation.
G: “Sounds like pretty complicated work.”
S: “You can’t imagine how complicated!”
G: “Try me.”
S: “I’m a bit like an editor, trying to find a spelling mistake inside a document larger than four complete sets of Encyclopedia Britannica. Seventy volumes, thousands and thousands of pages of small print words.”
G: “With the computer power, you can just use ‘spell check’!”
S: “There is no ‘spell check’ because we don’t know yet how
the words are supposed to be spelled. We don’t even know
for sure which language. And it’s not just the ‘spelling error’
we’re looking for. If any of the punctuation is out of place, or
a space out of place, or a grammatical error, we have a
mutation that will cause a disease.”
G: “So how do you do it?”
S: “We are learning as we go. We have already ‘read’ over two articles in that encyclopedia, and located some typos. It should get easier as time goes by.”
G: “How did all that information happen to get there?”
S: “Do you mean, did it just happen? Did it evolve?”
G: “Bingo. Do you believe that the information evolved?”
S: “George, nobody I know in my profession truly believes it evolved. It was engineered by ‘genius beyond genius,’ and such information could not have been written any other way. The paper and ink did not write the book. Knowing what we know, it is ridiculous to think otherwise. A bit like Neil Armstrong believing the moon is made of green cheese. He’s been there!”
G: “Have you ever stated that in a public lecture, or in any public writings?”
S: “No. It all just evolved.”
G: “What? You just told me —?”
S: “Just stop right there. To be a molecular biologist requires one to hold on to two insanities at all times. One, it would be insane to believe in evolution when you can see the truth for yourself. Two, it would be insane to say you don’t believe in evolution. All government work, research grants, papers, big college lectures—everything would stop. I’d be out of a job, or relegated to the outer fringes where I couldn’t earn a decent living.” [emphasis added]
G: “I hate to say it, Sam, but that sounds intellectually
dishonest.”
S: “The work I do in genetic research is honorable. We will find the cures to many of mankind’s worst diseases. But in the meantime, we have to live with the ‘elephant in the living room’.”
G: “What elephant?”
S: “Design. It’s like the elephant in the living room. It moves around, takes up an enormous amount of space, loudly trumpets, bumps into us, knocks things over, eats a ton of hay, and smells like an elephant. And yet we have to swear it isn’t there!”

So you don't have evidence... you have an alleged interview with someone who says they are an expert who says they have evidence.

That's ridiculous.

The conversation is one giant "Evidence from flawed analogy".

It's not a response to a single bit of evidence, what it is, is one giant accusation that all evolutionary biologists are some combination of craven, stupid and insane.

That is you bearing false witness on your neighbours.

Upvote 0

FrumiousBandersnatch

Mar 20, 2009
✟326,229.00
Faith
Atheist
You want a "super good demo of scientific thinking"?

Here you go:

Video unavailable - but I think it was the shuttle accident - an error of management after the engineers pleaded with them to postpone the launch - on scientific judgement of risk based on the available data.

So, bad management, good science.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Aussie Pete

Site Supporter
Aug 14, 2019
Frankston
Visit site
✟727,600.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Divorced
So you don't have evidence... you have an alleged interview with someone who says they are an expert who says they have evidence.

That's ridiculous.

The conversation is one giant "Evidence from flawed analogy".

It's not a response to a single bit of evidence, what it is, is one giant accusation that all evolutionary biologists are some combination of craven, stupid and insane.

That is you bearing false witness on your neighbours.
Well, insane, probably not in most cases. I prefer the term deluded. Stupid? Ignorant more like it. When the evolution myth is promoted exclusively in all educational facilities and the Creation account dismissed as "religion", I expect little else. You think that the quoted interview is the only reason? There is vastly more.

Evidence is in the eye of the beholder when it comes to evolution. I see the incredible creative power of God in everything that I see. Evolutionists see nothing but a random number of molecules that somehow assemble themselves into amazing complex creatures that is far beyond anything that mankind can create.

If you evolved, then your life is meaningless. Your thoughts are completely programmed and you have no choice. You are entirely at the mercy of forces beyond your control.

Upvote 0

Bradskii

Can you tell a green field from a cold steel rail?
Aug 19, 2018
Bondi
✟252,913.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
...and the Creation account dismissed as "religion"...

The one in the bible? Hmm. I think I would have used 'classified' as opposed to dismissed. And seeing as the account is from a religious text I think it's reasonable to class it as 'religion'. How would you class it?

Upvote 0

Aussie Pete

Site Supporter
Aug 14, 2019
Frankston
Visit site
✟727,600.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Divorced
The one in the bible? Hmm. I think I would have used 'classified' as opposed to dismissed. And seeing as the account is from a religious text I think it's reasonable to class it as 'religion'. How would you class it?
Truth is truth, no matter the source. The Bible is not a religious text. It is God's word. And God's word is Truth. It is not a scientific treatise but it does state categorically that God created all things.

I said "dismissed" because that's how many evolutionists treat people who do not agree with them. I was taught both creation and evolution high school science. In Australia, even Christian schools are forced to teach evolution as science and are not permitted to teach creation as an alternative. What are evolutionists afraid of? Truth? What does it matter? If you take evolution to its logical conclusion, I can no more not believe in creationism than I can change the colour of my eyes. I can no more accept evolution than change the colour of my skin.

Of course I reject hyper determinism completely. But that's the inevitable result of evolution, if indeed it is true.

Upvote 0

Hans Blaster

Rocket surgeon
Mar 11, 2017
USA
✟298,517.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
I said "dismissed" because that's how many evolutionists treat people who do not agree with them. I was taught both creation and evolution high school science. In Australia, even Christian schools are forced to teach evolution as science and are not permitted to teach creation as an alternative. What are evolutionists afraid of? Truth? What does it matter?

The key words are these: "high school science".

Science classes teach science. Creationism isn't science. That first page of the Bible isn't science, it's a religious text, the alleged word of God. Even if everyone in your country believed in that god (and they don't), the first page of Genesis isn't science. Teach it in religion studies class (secular school) or religious ed (church school).

• Agree
Reactions: Occams Barber
Upvote 0