Nov 17, 2005
Virginia
✟8,245.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
apostle_paul_picture.jpg

As he neared Damascus on his journey, suddenly a light from heaven flashed around him. He fell to the ground and heard a voice say to him, "Saul, Saul, why do you persecute me?" (Acts 9:3-4)

I knew a man in Christ above fourteen years ago, (whether in the body, I cannot tell; or whether out of the body, I cannot tell: God knoweth) such an one caught up to the third heaven. And I knew such a man, (whether in the body, or out of the body, I cannot tell: God knoweth) How that he was caught up into paradise, and heard unspeakable words, which it is not lawful for a man to utter. (1 Corinthians 12:2-4)

There is also a bunch of evidence in the Gnostic texts.

Did Paul have a Near Death Experience? If so, what is the difference between the the letters of paul and the books and writings of people who have had NDEs?

JohnR7

Feb 9, 2002
Ohio
✟29,532.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
sonofgodjose said:
Did Paul have a Near Death Experience? If so, what is the difference between the the letters of paul and the books and writings of people who have had NDEs?

The difference is that Paul knew God and lived his life accordingly. It could be that his experance of heaven took place when he was stoned and left to die outside of the city. Chances are, Paul was in a coma from head injury, much like the trama from a car accident today. It is not something you just get up and walk away from, unless God were to perform a miracle.

Upvote 0