Site Supporter
Mar 6, 2011
Visit site
✟1,066,794.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Single
When my mother was sick and passed away a decade or so ago she ran up a $250,000 bill, which thankfully she had good insurance. I asked some hospital administrator... Why? In which the reply was malpractice insurance rates were outrageous. I don't know if the American people understand that when you sue health care you are suing the American people.

The US National debt is just about to hit 24 trillion dollars (U.S. National Debt Clock : Real Time), in which trillions more will be added before we are out of this latest CV virus. Our revenue on the web site listed is 3 trillion, which would be enough to pay the interest on the debt. With the rise in health care rates it is getting very expensive to keep workers in good pay and benefits. At some point they will have to raise taxes to pay off debt.

With many businesses struggling, I look for many to close during 2020.

musicalpilgrim

pilgrim on the sacred music pathway
Angels Team
Site Supporter
Jan 11, 2012
East of Manchester
✟2,622,912.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
Yes, my daughter in law has part ownership of 2 restaurants that my late son set up with a business partner. They have only a few weeks left before they will be bankrupt. All the staff have lost their jobs, Very sad.

Last edited:
  • Prayers
Reactions: rockytopva
Upvote 0

Kessa

I'd rather be a mermaid
Apr 1, 2020
Savannah, Georgia
✟9,020.00
Country
United States
Faith
Muslim
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Others
Perhaps all the desperate stories of hard-working people drowning in medical debt as a result of coronavirus will convince the country we desperately need universal health care. The spread of this disease is surely exacerbated by the fact many people cannot afford testing and many others, even if they are insured, delay seeking medical attention because it costs so much. If everyone had a guarantee of access to medical care, we wouldn't be seeing families wiped out after someone catches an illness or gets in an accident. We would also see fewer people die of preventable illness (American Journal of Public Health, Fox Business) which would mean more healthy workers able to contribute to the economy and keep businesses like yours going.

• Agree
Upvote 0

iluvatar5150

Aug 3, 2012
Baltimore
✟558,831.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
When my mother was sick and passed away a decade or so ago she ran up a $250,000 bill, which thankfully she had good insurance. I asked some hospital administrator... Why? In which the reply was malpractice insurance rates were outrageous.

They could get those rates down by instituting better practices regarding infection prevention.

I don't know if the American people understand that when you sue health care you are suing the American people.

Yeah, no. That argument could be made for every industry since customers ultimately pay the bill. When you sue a health care provider, you sue the health care provider. Especially in a distorted market like health care where information is grossly asymmetrical, and oversight can be insufficient, lawsuits are a big way in which corporations are held accountable for their mistakes and misdeeds and forced to bear the costs of them.

Upvote 0

rockytopva

Love to pray! :)
Site Supporter
Mar 6, 2011
Visit site
✟1,066,794.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Single
Yeah, no. That argument could be made for every industry since customers ultimately pay the bill. When you sue a health care provider, you sue the health care provider. Especially in a distorted market like health care where information is grossly asymmetrical, and oversight can be insufficient, lawsuits are a big way in which corporations are held accountable for their mistakes and misdeeds and forced to bear the costs of them.
Insurers expected to hike premiums by up to 40% due to the coronavirus

If a business that is paying healthcare is already struggling, will there be a 2021 for them? Healthcare will bill providers, who will bill businesses, who will have to raise prices on their products, if they are still in business!

Upvote 0

dqhall

Site Supporter
Jul 21, 2015
Florida
Visit site
✟766,603.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Insurers expected to hike premiums by up to 40% due to the coronavirus

If a business that is paying healthcare is already struggling, will there be a 2021 for them? Healthcare will bill providers, who will bill businesses, who will have to raise prices on their products, if they are still in business!
If workers file worker’s compensation claims for getting COVID-19 on the job, worker’s compensation insurance costs will rise. This may affect healthcare workers, perhaps grocery cashiers too.

• Informative
Upvote 0