The 7th day Sabbath Rest

bugkiller

May 16, 2015
✟80,400.00
Faith
Non-Denom
You are SDA, Travis and others are messianic yet you never try to debate anything they write. Is it because you have a bond with other Sabbath observers that supersedes their Torah observance which SDAs do not believe?
I think its because they're required to turn a deaf ear to anyone not accepting their doctrines.

bugkiller

Reactions: listed
Upvote 0

bugkiller

May 16, 2015
✟80,400.00
Faith
Non-Denom
I have stated in numerous posts over the years that I don't believe the feast days to still be in force, that they were fulfilled in Christ. However, they are not a violation of God's Holy Moral Law, they do not desecrate the day that God Sanctified and made Holy.
IOW you truly don't believe your position on Mat 5:17-18.

bugkiller

Upvote 0

bugkiller

May 16, 2015
✟80,400.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Christmas and Easter are condemned, as the root of them lies in paganism.
Galatians 4:8-11 Howbeit then, when ye knew not God, ye did service unto them which by nature are no gods. But now, after that ye have known God, or rather are known of God, how turn ye again to the weak and beggarly elements, whereunto ye desire again to be in bondage? Ye observe days, and months, and times, and years.
I am afraid of you, lest I have bestowed upon you labour in vain.

Christmas is not found anywhere in the Bible, and the only person to celebrate Easter is the wicked king Herod (Acts 12:4). Interestingly, the practice of decking a tree with ornaments is called the vain custom of heathen in Jeremiah 10:1-4.
Its interesting that the dates (times) of the Easter you refer to seem to coincide with Passover, which is essentially what is called Easter these days. I just don't understand how the Christian celebration of the resurrection are pagan. Yes I detest the pagan ideas that have crept into what organized religion practices. But then I don't think organized religion really represents the Church.

bugkiller

Upvote 0

bugkiller

May 16, 2015
✟80,400.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Now you're being obstinate... Travis never said OT only but not found in the Bible period.

How about a comment on the scripture Travis gave from Galatians 4...
"Ye observe days, and months, and times, and years.
I am afraid of you, lest I have bestowed upon you labour in vain."

As a Christian, does this encourage us or discourage us from our festivities and holidays?
Maybe we can't celebrate birthdays and other important mile stones in our lives. Rats no ice cream and cake.

bugkiller

Upvote 0

Travis93

Site Supporter
Mar 22, 2016
Lilesville NC
✟24,441.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Celibate
Are you asking why we don't celebrate Jewish holidays?

bugkiller

Leviticus 23:4 These are the feasts of the LORD, even holy convocations, which ye shall proclaim in their seasons.

They are the feasts of God, not just Jews.

Upvote 0

bbbbbbb

Jun 9, 2015
✟371,796.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Now you're being obstinate... Travis never said OT only but not found in the Bible period.

As a Christian, does this encourage us or discourage us from our festivities and holidays?

Actually, neither. Given the fact that the Bible is silent on the issue or, possibly, leaning toward the recognition of holy days not commanded in the Pentateuch, the only plausible argument against other celebrations would be those of other religions. Despite all the smoke about the paganism of Christmas and Easter, they are recognized by both Christians and non-Christians as being assuredly Christian holidays. One might argue better against materialistic aspects of all holidays which have crept in over time.

Upvote 0

Cribstyl

Veteran
Jun 13, 2006
✟99,646.00
Country
United States
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat

Anyone hooked on phonics knows that The Epistle to the Galatian is directly related to the Jerusalem Council noted in Acts 15 ( The gospel of Faith vs Circumcision and keeping the law.)
This letter to the Galatians identifies the people who was trying to bewitched the Gentile Christian as the Jews.
Gal 2:2 And I went up by revelation, and communicated unto them that gospel which I preach among the Gentiles, but privately to them which were of reputation, lest by any means I should run, or had run, in vain.
Gal 2:4 And that because of false brethren unawares brought in, who came in privily to spy out our liberty which we have in Christ Jesus, that they might bring us into bondage:
These text above corresponds to Acts 15 visit to the chief apostles at Jerusalem.
Act 15:1 And certain men which came down from Judaea taught the brethren, and said, Except ye be circumcised after the manner of Moses, ye cannot be saved. (keeping the law is implied by circumcision)
Act 15:4
And when they were come to Jerusalem, they were received of the church, and of the apostles and elders, and they declared all things that God had done with them.
.............................................. We
Gal 2:21 I do not frustrate the grace of God: for if righteousness come by the law, then Christ is dead in vain.
Gal 3:2 This only would I learn of you, Received ye the Spirit by the works of the law, or by the hearing of faith?
(Paul explained: "Tell me, did we preach on keeping the law or about faith?")

My point is this: In Gal 4, Paul is talking about the law in relationship to observing, days, months, times and years,

Last edited:
Upvote 0