Non-dispensationalist
✟359,794.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
He was not born 2,000 years before the Day of Pentecost.

See the "holy nation" in 1 Peter 2:4-10.

1Peter 2:4-10 is not talking about the nation of Israel.

Upvote 0

BABerean2

Site Supporter
May 21, 2014
North Carolina
✟893,665.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married

How could an unbiased witness claim the two passages below are not parallel?
What is the probability of these words appearing in two passages of scripture, and both in the Olivet Discourse, and both in this same order?

Mat 24:15 When ye therefore shall see the abomination of desolation, spoken of by Daniel the prophet, stand in the holy place, (whoso readeth, let him understand)
Mat 24:16 Then let them which be in Judaea flee into the mountains:

Luk 21:20 And when ye shall see Jerusalem compassed with armies, then know that the desolation thereof is nigh.
Luk 21:21 Then let them which are in Judaea flee to the mountains; and let them which are in the midst of it depart out; and let not them that are in the countries enter thereinto.

Upvote 0

BABerean2

Site Supporter
May 21, 2014
North Carolina
✟893,665.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
1Peter 2:4-10 is not talking about the nation of Israel.

Paul says otherwise in Romans 11:1-5.

Which Israel in Romans 11:1-5 are you talking about?

Are you talking about the "remnant", or the Baal worshipers?

Upvote 0

Douggg

anytime rapture, non-dispensationalist, futurist
May 28, 2009
Non-dispensationalist
✟359,794.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
How could an unbiased witness claim the two passages below are not parallel?
What is the probability of these words appearing in two passages of scripture, and both in the Olivet Discourse, and both in this same order?

Mat 24:15 When ye therefore shall see the abomination of desolation, spoken of by Daniel the prophet, stand in the holy place, (whoso readeth, let him understand)
Mat 24:16 Then let them which be in Judaea flee into the mountains:

Luk 21:20 And when ye shall see Jerusalem compassed with armies, then know that the desolation thereof is nigh.
Luk 21:21 Then let them which are in Judaea flee to the mountains; and let them which are in the midst of it depart out; and let not them that are in the countries enter thereinto.

You are not acknowledging that in Luke 21:20 it does not say "abomination" of desolation like in Matthew 24:15.

Also, the end times prophecies have where the body, carcass is, the eagles will gather.

Upvote 0

mkgal1

His perfect way sets me free. 2 Samuel 22:33
Site Supporter
Jun 22, 2007
California
✟551,233.00
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Married
Same thing.

30 And then shall appear the sign of the Son of man in heaven: and then shall all the tribes of the earth mourn, and they shall see the Son of man coming in the clouds of heaven with power and great glory.

The sign of the Son of man in heaven is the event in Revelation 6, the sixth seal.

The world will see Jesus in heaven before the throne of God, sickle in hand, prepared to execute vengeance on beha
No....it's not the same thing.

Mark 14:61-62
Again the high priest questioned Him, “Are You the Christ, the Son of the Blessed One?”. “I am,” said Jesus, “and you will see the Son of Man sitting at the right hand of Power (l) and coming with the clouds of heaven.”(m)

See Psalm 110:1 and Daniel 7:13

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Douggg

May 28, 2009
Non-dispensationalist
✟359,794.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Paul says otherwise in Romans 11:1-5.

Which Israel in Romans 11:1-5 are you talking about?

Are you talking about the "remnant", or the Baal worshipers?

Paul was not commenting on 1Peter2:4-10.

Upvote 0

mkgal1

Site Supporter
Jun 22, 2007
California
✟551,233.00
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Married
Jesus's Return, Second Coming, all the same thing.
It's not the same thing as N.T. Wright explains in the short video.

ETA: "second" is not written in the text. The coming of the Son of Man =/= His return.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Douggg

May 28, 2009
Non-dispensationalist
✟359,794.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Are you claiming Paul is not a part of the "remnant" in Romans 11:5, who worships the "chief cornerstone" found in 1 Peter 2:4-10?

I don't even think you comprehend what Paul is saying in Romans 11:1-5. He was comparing the small number of Jews in his day that believed in Jesus to the 7000 Jews that did not bow down to the image of Baal in the old testament.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Douggg

May 28, 2009
Non-dispensationalist
✟359,794.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
The whole 4:18 minutes....but if that's too long....your answer will come by 2.30 minutes in.
Well, I watched the whole video and it does not say anything about Jesus's Return, His Second Coming not being the same as Matthew 24:30b.

The video was about the confrontation between Jesus and the High Priest Caiphas.

Mark 14:61-62
Again the high priest questioned Him, “Are You the Christ, the Son of the Blessed One?”. “I am,” said Jesus, “and you will see the Son of Man sitting at the right hand of Power (l) and coming with the clouds of heaven.”(m)

Do you know when Caiphas is going to see it himself? At the Great White Throne judgment and the books are opened.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

mkgal1

Site Supporter
Jun 22, 2007
California
✟551,233.00
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Married
Well, I watched the whole video and it does not say anything about Jesus's Return, His Second Coming not being the same as Matthew 24:30b.

The video was about the confrontation between Jesus and the High Priest Caiphas.
He said "the coming of the Son of Man" is not in a downward coming to earth (I'm paraphrasing) but it's in an upward movement of vindication. It's Jesus sitting at the right hand of God as Messiah. It's the fulfillment of Daniel 7:13 and Psalm 110:1

Mark 14:62
I am,” said Jesus, “and you will see the Son of Man sitting at the right hand of Powerl and coming with the clouds of heaven.”m

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Douggg

May 28, 2009
Non-dispensationalist
✟359,794.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
He said "the coming of the Son of Man" is not in a downward coming to earth (I'm paraphrasing) but it's in an upward way of vindication. It's Jesus sitting at the right hand of God as Messiah. It's the fulfillment of Daniel 7:13 and Psalm 110:1
Daniel 7 is Jesus arriving in heaven after Jesus left this world in Acts 1 from the Mt. of Olives.

Differently, Matthew 24:30b is about Jesus's return, Second Coming back to earth.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

mkgal1

Site Supporter
Jun 22, 2007
California
✟551,233.00
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Married
Daniel 7 is Jesus arriving in heaven after Jesus left this world in Acts 1 from the Mt. of Olives.

Differently, Matthew 24:30b is about Jesus's return, Second Coming back to earth.
These are both referring to Jesus's vindication as Messiah. Proof that Jesus and His followers were right....and the apostate religious leaders of Jesus's day were wrong. That vindication occurred at the fulfillment of the destruction of the Temple:

Matthew 24:30
At that time the sign of the Son of Man will appear in heaven, and all the tribes of the earth will mourn. They will see the Son of Man coming on the clouds of heaven, with power and great glory.

Daniel 7:13
In my vision in the night I continued to watch, and I saw One like the Son of Man coming with the clouds of heaven. He approached the Ancient of Days and was led into His presence.

Upvote 0

jgr

Site Supporter
Feb 25, 2008
✟784,067.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Jesus. Jesus was born 2000 years before Israel became a nation again in one day.

Israel, Zion, will deliver her children (delivered meaning saved) in the time of her pain, the great tribulation.

This NT verse unmistakably identifies the Day of Pentecost (in May AD 30) as the date of the birth of the Church:

Acts 2:41
41 Then they that gladly received his word were baptized: and the same day there were added unto them about three thousand souls.

What NT verse unmistakably identifies May 14 1948 as the date of the birth of Israel?

• Winner
Reactions: mkgal1
Upvote 0

Douggg

May 28, 2009
Non-dispensationalist
✟359,794.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
This NT verse unmistakably identifies the Day of Pentecost (in May AD 30) as the date of the birth of the Church:

Acts 2:41
41 Then they that gladly received his word were baptized: and the same day there were added unto them about three thousand souls.

What NT verse unmistakably identifies May 14 1948 as the date of the birth of Israel?
You are mistaken. Luke 24:44-48 is the birth of the church.

Israel born in a single day is in Isaiah 66:7-8. It not a new testament prophecy.

Upvote 0

jgr

Site Supporter
Feb 25, 2008
✟784,067.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
You are mistaken. Luke 24:44-48 is the birth of the church.

Israel born in a single day is in Isaiah 66:7-8. It not a new testament prophecy.

You haven't answered the question, so here it is again:

Why are you afraid to answer it?

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Douggg

May 28, 2009
Non-dispensationalist
✟359,794.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
You haven't answered the question, so here it is again:

Why are you afraid to answer it?
I did answer it.

Upvote 0