Nov 16, 2011
✟313,070.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Please pray that I will maintain a peaceful spirit...
I am taking Hebrew level 4 but haven't made even half the classes... and the Uni offered me to change course/classes several weeks ago because of this... but they didn't say there was a time limit.

I had said I wanted to try to continue but alas I have not been able to make the classes.

The girl I just spoke with in Israel is not honoring the former offer; I wanted to change courses back to Ancient/Biblical Hebrew second level, where I began my studies 5 years ago...

Class begins tonight it's online and you can't just "show up" ;)

If I can't transfer my monies, I probably won't continue at all.

God's will be done. :prayer:

drjean

Senior Veteran
Site Supporter
Nov 16, 2011
✟313,070.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
As it turns out I probably won't be continuing IN class... but still have access to the video classes after the fact...and I have all the materials. They are not honoring their offer as they say it's expired hmmm at 23 classes...and I only have 22 but attended 9?

Anyway, there are private lessons available at a higher rate. And they offered me 40% off of the next level of the Biblical Hebrew course that begins in November.... IDK. It's all God's money; I need to be a good steward.

I won't push it. I'll let God lead because really, what else is there? I am planning on selling the house SOON (Hello God? Is this going to occur?) and be on the road, though I have a hot spot travel with me, IDK if the phone signal will be enough for video class reliability.

They also have a new Biblical Studies Institute connected to the Hebrew University at Jerusalem where I've been "attending" online. Perhaps I am supposed to switch to that?

I have Pimsluer audio course and will try to begin listening to that again (it's conversational/travel type Modern Hebrew) and I have a semester's worth of Hebrew newsletters to read also.

It's all good.... just keep praying I keep the right attitude? :prayer:

• Friendly
Reactions: brinny
Upvote 0

brinny

everlovin' shiner of light in dark places
Site Supporter
Mar 23, 2004
✟1,343,306.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Constitution
As it turns out I probably won't be continuing IN class... but still have access to the video classes after the fact...and I have all the materials. They are not honoring their offer as they say it's expired hmmm at 23 classes...and I only have 22 but attended 9?

Anyway, there are private lessons available at a higher rate. And they offered me 40% off of the next level of the Biblical Hebrew course that begins in November.... IDK. It's all God's money; I need to be a good steward.

I won't push it. I'll let God lead because really, what else is there? I am planning on selling the house SOON (Hello God? Is this going to occur?) and be on the road, though I have a hot spot travel with me, IDK if the phone signal will be enough for video class reliability.

They also have a new Biblical Studies Institute connected to the Hebrew University at Jerusalem where I've been "attending" online. Perhaps I am supposed to switch to that?

I have Pimsluer audio course and will try to begin listening to that again (it's conversational/travel type Modern Hebrew) and I have a semester's worth of Hebrew newsletters to read also.

It's all good.... just keep praying I keep the right attitude? :prayer:

:heart: I'm sorry, Dr Jean. I pray that God guides you in all of this and that He prepares you and grants you the unction to be confident in pursuing whatever steps are deemed necessary and unctioned by God, for not only justice in this situation, but for others after you who may have the same issues. Praying that God grants you wisdom, discernment, and clarity, extraordinary favor, and calmness and peace, whichever way He directs you. Father may it be so, in Jesus name, amen. (((hug)))

• Friendly
Reactions: drjean
Upvote 0

LoricaLady

YHWH's
Site Supporter
Jul 27, 2009
Ohio
✟1,086,669.00
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Private
I think it is admirable that you want to take Hebrew. Life doesn't always follow our lovely plans,, though, does it? There are a lot of Hebrew learning resources on YouTube, seems to me. Just a thought. I pray this all turns out well for you and that you learn Hebrew - which I wish I knew myself!

Upvote 0