Dec 21, 2005
Seattle
✟909,323.00
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Married
If only you knew what goes on in R&D.
Most of the time we don't have time to figure out why something is happening. Cell Phones are based on quantum physics processes we don't have explanations for. Just results.

Do tell. What quantum physics process that we don't understand are cell phones based upon?

Upvote 0
S

solja247

Well, fundamental christians seem to have got the idea into their heads somehow. If it's not in the bible I'd be interested why so many of them think that non-believers are hades bound.

Fundamentalists have retained theology from the 16th century and even use phrases like; 'Saving souls'. Most fundamentalists wont even bother to read their Bible, they will listen to what their pastor says.

"He who believes and is baptized will be saved; but he who does not
believe will be condemned." (Mark 16:16 RSV)

Jesus said to him, "I am the way, and the truth, and the
life; no one comes to the Father, but by me.
(John 14:6 RSV)

Both of these are completely taken out of context. Look at the whole phrase.
12All who sin apart from the law will also perish apart from the law, and all who sin under the law will be judged by the law. 13For it is not those who hear the law who are righteous in God's sight, but it is those who obey the law who will be declared righteous. 14(Indeed, when Gentiles, who do not have the law, do by nature things required by the law, they are a law for themselves, even though they do not have the law, 15since they show that the requirements of the law are written on their hearts, their consciences also bearing witness, and their thoughts now accusing, now even defending them.) 16This will take place on the day when God will judge men's secrets through Jesus Christ, as my gospel declares.

Live a good moral life and live according to your conscious. Is it your faul you havent been convicted to accept God? No or at least I doubt. Most Athesits are sincere people looking for evidence, yet God still hasnt made Himself known. Live a good like and live according to your conscience and you will be saved...

Does Allah have a son?

Neither does God. Being a litteralist fails. Is God the father, really a biological father to God the son or is it just an expression of what their relationship is?
Hmmm -- the first time you see the word 'worship' in the Bible is here:

Ge 22:5 And Abraham said unto his young men, Abide ye here with the ass; and I and the lad will go yonder and worship, and come again to you.

According to Christians, who is that lad that is mentioned in this passage? according to Islam, who is he?

I am not even going to bother, Muslism and Jews are our brothers and sisters. You can dam them to hell, but if God does, He is not love, He is evil and cruel. Can God really send a child to hell who has lived in Pakistan and spent his whole life serving the One True God?
Sorry -- that dispensation failed and led to the Flood:

I fail to see that, can you show me?
Here are the 7 dispensations, with their judgments:

1. Innocence = expulsion from the Garden of Eden
  2. Conscience = the Flood
  3. Human Government = the Tower of Babel
  4. Promise = Egyptian Captivity
  5. Law = the Cross of Christ
  6. Grace (the current one) = Tribulation
  7. Kingdom = Great White Throne Judgment

*Sigh* The law was never done away, Tribulation is very controversial. The Great white throne judgment is so stupid. To me heaven is the reward, just give me a massive mango tree next to the lagoon and I really dont think anything could top that off.

I believe everyone will stand before God, and will have to answer really difficult questions. No extra rewards or extra punishments. Hell (Which is temporary) and Heaven are the rewards. Nothing more, nothing less...

Upvote 0

SkyWriting

The Librarian
Site Supporter
Jan 10, 2010
Milwaukee
✟410,948.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
So what does it have to do with cell phones?

Or may we safely say you're talking out of your hat?

I may occasionally. It's fun.

In areas such as optical communication and chemical sensing, quantum devices have already revolutionized the field. For instance, the majority of high-speed fiber optic links on land or under the ocean now use quantum well lasers to transmit information. A low-noise transistor based on a two-dimensional quantum gas of electrons is a key element of modern cell phones. IQSE - Institute for Quantum Science and Engineering - Harvard University - Cambridge, MA

Upvote 0