Status
Not open for further replies.

Raphael

May 30, 2002
Visit site
✟341.00
Faith
Catholic
i just wanted to say thank you for your prayers (regarding this prayer request thread)! 

we had an ultrasound about 3 weeks ago and everything came up normal.  i heard the baby's heartbeat and he or she looked like a little peanut at that point.  words cannot express what i felt when we saw him/her and heard that little heart going.  i was surprised that we were able to hear the heartbeat so early (at 6 weeks).

anyhoo, we have another checkup in a few weeks.  still anxious about that one; i've heard that the critical period is up to 11 weeks, then somewhere around 20 weeks.  but i am very relieved to know that so far, everything's okay.  my wife is nauseous and sick everyday, but we take that as a good sign because it's normal.  :D

so anyway, thanks for the prayers!  praise the Lord! 

(oh and peggy, thanks for the prayer.  we've been praying it every night.)

VOW

Feb 7, 2002
*displaced* CA, soon to be AZ!
Visit site
✟28,000.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
To Raphael:

Every single part of parenthood is nervewracking, LOL.

That's wonderful news about the ultrasound. I look upon that medical device as a miracle maker. I remember the profound AWE when I had my ultrasound with my first pregnancy. I was much further along than your wife is now, but that doesn't make it any less stupendous.

I don't think I BREATHED the entire time! I remember seeing a cross section of the baby's heart, and the little valves moving with each beat. It's been almost twenty years now, and I can still relive the stunned feeling.

More prayers and best wishes for continued success!!

Peace be with you,
~VOW

Upvote 0

Avila

Boohoo moomoo, cebu
Feb 6, 2002
Indiana
Visit site
✟2,479.00
Faith
Catholic
That is wonderful!!! Glad to hear it!!!

As for your wife's sickness and nausea, make sure she eats frequently - even every hour if she needs to, it doesn't have to be much more than a handful of nuts or a couple of bites of something. Make sure whatever she eats has a good deal of protein in it - cheese, meat, nuts, beans & rice, etc. Because protein digests more slowly than carbohydrates, it helps coat the stomach a bit better and keep that nausea/sickness at bay. It really helped me out those first weeks in my pregnancy, and it always worth a try when you feel that bad!

Blessings and continued prayers! :)

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.